What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:56 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:if you want free and cheap (though, not legal) torrent some early pc games. Games like Red Alert, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, etc. that don't have the advanced anti-piracy shit that modern games have.

Alpha Centauri and Civ 2 MGE with extra downloaded scenarios are the latest ones I've gotten off piratebay. I forgot how fucking awesome Alpha Centauri was...it's almost better than Civ 4,especially with the unit workshop. It's like Sid went backwards with Civ 3.

never played Alpha Centauri. Is it a turn-based strategy game like Civ?

It's the sequel.
You can win civ by travelling through space to Alpha Centauri.
But then there's a civil war on the spaceship and you have to choose which side you're on.
Same gameplay as civ.

It's not really a direct sequel, since it's the UN that sends the spaceship, not a single nation. It's basically Civ 2 but better in every conceivable way. Some extended reading for you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Alpha_Centauri
Major tkr4lf

Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:19 pm

DiM wrote:
Gillipig wrote:One thing I've noticed is how little graphics really matters. If the story is good the game can get away with poor graphics.

sadly this is mostly valid for old gamers.
just look at game sales and you'll see nice graphics and massive marketing are all that matters these days.
youngsters don't have the patience to read elaborate stories, take part in long dialogues or challenge their brain for hours to solve a puzzle. they don't want to explore, they want to be guided, they don't want to read pages of text, they want action and finally they don't want to be challenged, they want everything handed to them on a platter filled with lots of achievements.

Quite true. Which is why the Might and Magic series went to shit. It wasn't worth it to the developer to make a deep game.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:if you want free and cheap (though, not legal) torrent some early pc games. Games like Red Alert, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, etc. that don't have the advanced anti-piracy shit that modern games have.

Alpha Centauri and Civ 2 MGE with extra downloaded scenarios are the latest ones I've gotten off piratebay. I forgot how fucking awesome Alpha Centauri was...it's almost better than Civ 4,especially with the unit workshop. It's like Sid went backwards with Civ 3.

never played Alpha Centauri. Is it a turn-based strategy game like Civ?

Very much like Civ, and an excellent game.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:26 pm

NoSurv is playing maplestory but quitting. I love the game, but my GPA is down 10% since I started playing it.... LOL too addicting for me :P
Cook NoSurvivors

Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:NoSurv is playing maplestory but quitting. I love the game, but my GPA is down 10% since I started playing it.... LOL too addicting for me :P

Never heard of Maplestory...is it about the history of Canada or something?

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:NoSurv is playing maplestory but quitting. I love the game, but my GPA is down 10% since I started playing it.... LOL too addicting for me :P

.. Make that joke again and it may result in a boot up your ass LOL. Just kiddin mate and no its not ;P
Cook NoSurvivors

Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:15 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

.. Make that joke again and it may result in a boot up your ass LOL. Just kiddin mate and no its not ;P

I couldn't resist! <grin>

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm playing Civilization V and Major League Baseball 2K12 (or 13).

I will go back to Skyrim someday soon I think. I got Skyrimed out.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I'm playing Civilization V and Major League Baseball 2K12 (or 13).

I will go back to Skyrim someday soon I think. I got Skyrimed out.

My favorite glitch:

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Red Dead is an awesome game tk. One of my favorite video game storylines.

Finally beat it today, and yeah, you're right. It's a damn good game with a damn good story. I was disappointed at first once I beat the final story mission until I realized there was one more stranger mission that let you kill that bastard Ross. Haha, I killed his wife and brother too. Jack has a lot of anger...
Major tkr4lf

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Red Dead is an awesome game tk. One of my favorite video game storylines.

Finally beat it today, and yeah, you're right. It's a damn good game with a damn good story. I was disappointed at first once I beat the final story mission until I realized there was one more stranger mission that let you kill that bastard Ross. Haha, I killed his wife and brother too. Jack has a lot of anger...

RIP John

One of my favorite main characters
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

RIP John

One of my favorite games of all time - great story, great gameplay. I got a little choked up at the end.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:09 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

RIP John

One of my favorite games of all time - great story, great gameplay. I got a little choked up at the end.

It was pretty sad. At least he took some of them with him.

On a happier note, since I'm done with that game I've started messing around with minecraft on the xbox. I always thought it looked dumb, but it's seriously addicting. I've been at it for a couple of days now and I'm still not finished with my enormous 2 story house with attic loft. Unfortunately, there isn't much to put in your house, so aside from a bedroom, a crafting room, and an indoor swimming pool room, the other 6-7 rooms are completely empty, save torches. I'm considering building an underground tunnel from one of the rooms down to the ocean for the hell of it, but I need to wait on that. I'm still working on a roof, which is a serious bitch to build, since I'm building a pitched roof and the damn house is like 200 blocks long by 150 wide. My world will be deforested before too long.

Who would have thought such a simple game could be so much fun?
Major tkr4lf

Postby john9blue on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:05 am

you never stop playing minecraft.

when i bought it... year and a half ago i think... i played it 6-8 hours a day for over a week. just a month ago i got into it again and played for at least 50 hours.

the replay value of that game is ridiculous.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I do <3 me some minecraft.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Lieutenant Neoteny

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:12 pm

World of Tanks.....its free and I like driving round and blowing things up
Sergeant 1st Class Gypsys Kiss

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I recently bought "Dungeons of Dredmor" and 2 of its expansion packs on Steam for $2.20, so I've been casually playing it.

It is a decently fun dungeon crawler...definitely worth at least the price I paid for it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lootifer on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Temple Runnnnnnn on my new phone!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby xeno on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 pm

I cant really believe all the love for Red Dead here.. That game was boring! And I've been a huge fan of the grand theft auto series since GTA3.

Anyway I've been playing Dark Souls which I highly recommend to anyway who was the means to play it. Which in a few months will include PCs too along with the 360 and ps3 ^_^
Cadet xeno

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 am

Lone Survivor is really fun. Buy it in one of those Indie Bundles.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:54 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Lone Survivor is really fun. Buy it in one of those Indie Bundles.

Unfortunately one of the indie bundles (the Humble Indie Bundle) has ended, but there will be some good games in the next no doubt.

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

I just started playing the super smash bros brawl mod, project m. Its awesome and everyone who's interested in the series should try it
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Found my old Super Nintendo. It still works. Played some levels on Donkey Kong Country. Insanely enough it's still as fun as it was 15 years ago! Love that game!!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Gillipig wrote:Found my old Super Nintendo. It still works. Played some levels on Donkey Kong Country. Insanely enough it's still as fun as it was 15 years ago! Love that game!!

I got out my old SNES to play some CONTRA III a while back ago.

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Postby Nendreel on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Gillipig wrote:Found my old Super Nintendo. It still works. Played some levels on Donkey Kong Country. Insanely enough it's still as fun as it was 15 years ago! Love that game!!

There is nothing insane about that, the DKC games were well made. IF only DKCR had the same quality to it.

And I just got back into playing Star Wars: The Old Republic now that they'll let you transfer out of dead servers.
Sergeant Nendreel

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five