Mitt Romney Scandals

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:14 pm

BBS, don't make me more than a little mad. You never know what will happen when I reach full monkey madness.

Image


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25044
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:21 pm

That's easy! We'll just boot you into that time machine, and problem solved!

Let other generations of people deal with wrathful monkeys.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

Symmetry: Obama is an awesome diplomat. Romney would be a failure (shambles).
BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.
Symmetry: Dodge.


Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I have a limited amount of awe, but a fair amount of ire. Romney is irritating.


I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

Symmetry: Obama is an awesome diplomat. Romney would be a failure (shambles).
BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.
Symmetry: Dodge.


Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I have a limited amount of awe, but a fair amount of ire. Romney is irritating.


I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.


Because I didn't address BBS adequately, my position is now changed? Taking liberties with the details is one thing, simply being dishonest is another.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

Symmetry: Obama is an awesome diplomat. Romney would be a failure (shambles).
BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.
Symmetry: Dodge.


Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I have a limited amount of awe, but a fair amount of ire. Romney is irritating.


I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.


Because I didn't address BBS adequately, my position is now changed? Taking liberties with the details is one thing, simply being dishonest is another.


Sym, you steadfastly think Obama is diplomatic. Obviously, that was shown to not be the case, but it doesn't matter if someone offers criticism which contradicts your previously held notions. You're not here to learn but rather to launch into monologues and berate people with excuses and logical fallacies whenever they object.

You're getting tedious, Symmetry, and more than a little mad.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

Symmetry: Obama is an awesome diplomat. Romney would be a failure (shambles).
BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.
Symmetry: Dodge.


Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I have a limited amount of awe, but a fair amount of ire. Romney is irritating.


I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.


Because I didn't address BBS adequately, my position is now changed? Taking liberties with the details is one thing, simply being dishonest is another.


Sym, you steadfastly think Obama is diplomatic. Obviously, that was shown to not be the case, but it doesn't matter if someone offers criticism which contradicts your previously held notions. You're not here to learn but rather to launch into monologues and berate people with excuses and logical fallacies whenever they object.

You're getting tedious, Symmetry, and more than a little mad.


He's not diplomatic now? That he's poor on his diplomacy or not is a different issue. Arguing that he isn't diplomatic is a pretty radical take,
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Symmetry, I know that a scale between diplomatic and hawkish may seem to nuanced of a concept for you, but I can only pray that you'll recover from your fallacious thinking.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Symmetry, I know that a scale between diplomatic and hawkish may seem to nuanced of a concept for you, but I can only pray that you'll recover from your fallacious thinking.


Too, you meant to write too.

I have no idea of the scale between diplomatic and hawkish.

I suspect it's not an actual scale.

Provisionally let's put me at a 5 (assuming your scale is out of ten).
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby notyou2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

If he wins, will his name be The Gaffer?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Could be, but I do love "Flip Romney."
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Bain Capital closing profitable Illinois auto parts plant

It's a pretty big deal here. Dudes are living downtown in tents, in OCTOBER. That's mid-winter in Canada. And winter lasts a long time.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Bain Capital closing profitable Illinois auto parts plant

It's a pretty big deal here. Dudes are living downtown in tents, in OCTOBER. That's mid-winter in Canada. And winter lasts a long time.


How does that make it a Mitt Romney scandal?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Not a big deal on the national level, but it's a huge deal locally. People have been on tv talking about how they've torn down their own Romney support signs because he's profiting from the removal of jobs from the area. Our unemployment rate is already well above national average, and the plant is profitable, but they're still shipping the factory itself to China. Part of the labor force was sent to China to train their replacements and still another portion has been living in tents downtown in protest. Our local government has written several useless letters to Bain and to Romney, though they're just as well off saving paper for all the good it's doing. It's a huge deal in my community. As Sarah Thompson said, she's 'pretty disgusted that a person can make a profit from the suffering of other people, then say that they have no knowledge of where that profit is coming from.' She's right, that doesn't make it good. But that's what Romney said, that he doesn't know anything about the closing of the Freeport plant, though he's making money off of it.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:46 pm

How's Romney profiting from a company he doesn't even work for/own?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8622
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dukasaur and 4 guests

Login