Conquer Club

NHL Lockout?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will there be another NHL lockout this season?

Total votes : 0

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Serbia on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:15 pm

This thread is about hockey. We should really talk some hockey. The Blackhawks are on an amazing roll.

And next year, REALIGNMENT! Detroit gets to join a division with Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. I so happy-face.

Bollocks.

(ps - there is violence in both baseball and auto racing, lolwut?)

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Serbia wrote:This thread is about hockey. We should really talk some hockey. The Blackhawks are on an amazing roll.

And next year, REALIGNMENT! Detroit gets to join a division with Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. I so happy-face.

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

May as well throw in the Rangers and the Blackhawks and call it the Originals.
Captain notyou2

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Ehh this is the only sports thread on the first page so I think anything goes.

So who y'all think is coming out the west this year since the heat have all but wrapped up the east without even playing a playoff game?
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 am

xeno wrote:Ehh this is the only sports thread on the first page so I think anything goes.

So who y'all think is coming out the west this year since the heat have all but wrapped up the east without even playing a playoff game?

Isn't there also a football page somewhere on the first page? With like 300+ pages?

And I have no expertise to speak of basketball so I'm out.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 am

Serbia wrote:This thread is about hockey. We should really talk some hockey. The Blackhawks are on an amazing roll.

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

I don't get the point of the need for realignment. Throw the Blue Jackets or Nashville in the Southeast, replace with Winnipeg and call it a day.

I mean, I'm relatively young so I know nothing about any rivalries with Detroit and any East teams (other than maybe Detroit/Pittsburgh because of the 08/09 Cup Finals) but taking them away from the Blackhawks and others from the West is just ludicrous.

Oh, and the Blackhaws are killing it. The Pens, on the other hand, need to play some fucking defense.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

Im surprised pens didnt learn anything from last years playoff fiasco. Purely offensive teams dont make it far in the playoffs. And dont give me none of that "new jearsey and la are offensive minded and they made it to the finald" bs. New jearsey plays the trap and the kings were on the roll last year with the least games played and plenty of downtime.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby xeno on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 am

Lil_SlimShady wrote:
xeno wrote:Ehh this is the only sports thread on the first page so I think anything goes.

Isn't there also a football page somewhere on the first page? With like 300+ pages?

And I have no expertise to speak of basketball so I'm out.

It's alright that doesn't stop skip bayless
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Timminz on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm excited/worried about this. One one hand, it will be great to see more the Wings more often, but on the other hand, they tend to be a very strong team, so more games against them is possibly a bad thing.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the realignment.
Captain Timminz

Postby keiths31 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:01 am

xeno wrote:Seriously though what's the point of a sport that's only available to a third of the world.

You obviously have never played hockey, nor taken the time to learn about the game. And I could really give a crap. If you want to be dismissive about the sport, go crazy. I am sure you are humouring yourself.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby keiths31 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 am

Timminz wrote:

I'm excited/worried about this. One one hand, it will be great to see more the Wings more often, but on the other hand, they tend to be a very strong team, so more games against them is possibly a bad thing.

The way they propose it now, doesn't look good for expansion/relocation in the East.

Postby Serbia on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 am

keiths31 wrote:
Timminz wrote:

The way they propose it now, doesn't look good for expansion/relocation in the East.

That's exactly what I've been saying to my friends. This seemingly would kill any chance of Quebec, Markham or Hamilton getting a team. Unless they move a team like Florida up north of the border. Then, you've still got the whole Phoenix debacle. If they end up moving, where? If you take them to one of those eastern Canadian cities, do you then send either Detroit or Columbus back to the west? Or do the Coyotes end up in Seattle? And with the unbalanced conferences, are we looking at potential contraction, or more likely (and less intelligently perhaps), expansion? And again, if we are looking at expansion, and we're already assuming the 'Yotes are in Seattle, where do we expand? Kansas City? Portland? Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City?? I'd really like to know more of the League's long term plans.

Right now, I am excited in the short term about the Wings new divisional foes... but I'm nervous about the long-term ramifications of this new set-up. I think unbalanced leagues/divisions are not a good thing.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby notyou2 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 am

Serbia wrote:
keiths31 wrote:
Timminz wrote:

That's exactly what I've been saying to my friends. This seemingly would kill any chance of Quebec, Markham or Hamilton getting a team. Unless they move a team like Florida up north of the border. Then, you've still got the whole Phoenix debacle. If they end up moving, where? If you take them to one of those eastern Canadian cities, do you then send either Detroit or Columbus back to the west? Or do the Coyotes end up in Seattle? And with the unbalanced conferences, are we looking at potential contraction, or more likely (and less intelligently perhaps), expansion? And again, if we are looking at expansion, and we're already assuming the 'Yotes are in Seattle, where do we expand? Kansas City? Portland? Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City?? I'd really like to know more of the League's long term plans.

Right now, I am excited in the short term about the Wings new divisional foes... but I'm nervous about the long-term ramifications of this new set-up. I think unbalanced leagues/divisions are not a good thing.

I agree, unbalanced conferences is not a good thing and moving Detroit with Boston, Montreal, etc just further unbalances the league even though I like them being in that conference. What are they thinking? I too would like to see the long term plans.
Captain notyou2

Postby keiths31 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:30 pm

TSN The Reporters this morning said that the NHLPA is probably going to reject the leagues proposal anyway.

Postby Serbia on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 pm

keiths31 wrote:TSN The Reporters this morning said that the NHLPA is probably going to reject the leagues proposal anyway.

lol awesome.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Blackhawks are on an absolute tear.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Neoteny on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Blackhawks are on an absolute tear.

It's infuriating and amazing at the same time.

I can't decide if I want someone to stop them at this point. Detroit obviously won't take the division, so I kinda just want to see it go. But it's also Chicago.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 am

Neoteny wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Blackhawks are on an absolute tear.

It's infuriating and amazing at the same time.

I can't decide if I want someone to stop them at this point. Detroit obviously won't take the division, so I kinda just want to see it go. But it's also Chicago.

I live in Vancouver and as far as this population is concerned the sooner their streak ends the happier everyone will be.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:52 pm

As a terribly distraught caps fan (although we've made some good progress as of late), I'm ok with watching the blackhawks' run. If they can go the whole season without losing in regulation it would be a tremendous achievement and really awesome to see. Then, if they could get swept out of the playoffs by losing every game in overtime, that would be even more amazing and also hysterically funny.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby ben79 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Chicago's run is amazing, Anaheim as well ( Boudreau will be in the top-3 for the Jack Adams trophy ).

I'm extremely surprised by the habs, i thought they were gonna finish between the 11th and 14th place in the east .... right now they're playing like there's no tomorow ( 11th game in a row with 1 point ).

The referees in the NHL are probably the worst in all 5 major sports in america, and Shanahan is not doing his job at all, what a joke !!
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:14 pm

ben79 wrote:Chicago's run is amazing, Anaheim as well ( Boudreau will be in the top-3 for the Jack Adams trophy ).

I'm extremely surprised by the habs, i thought they were gonna finish between the 11th and 14th place in the east .... right now they're playing like there's no tomorow ( 11th game in a row with 1 point ).

The referees in the NHL are probably the worst in all 5 major sports in america, and Shanahan is not doing his job at all, what a joke !!

wait, what's the fifth major sport?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Timminz on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

If soccer counts, then those refs take the "worst officials" award.
Captain Timminz

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:46 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:As a terribly distraught caps fan (although we've made some good progress as of late), I'm ok with watching the blackhawks' run. If they can go the whole season without losing in regulation it would be a tremendous achievement and really awesome to see. Then, if they could get swept out of the playoffs by losing every game in overtime, that would be even more amazing and also hysterically funny.

Ah, its nice to run into a fellow caps fan. Don't see much of us coming out in the open these days. Major Question: Should Ovi keep the C. If not, who should take it?
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby whitestazn88 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 am

Lil_SlimShady wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:As a terribly distraught caps fan (although we've made some good progress as of late), I'm ok with watching the blackhawks' run. If they can go the whole season without losing in regulation it would be a tremendous achievement and really awesome to see. Then, if they could get swept out of the playoffs by losing every game in overtime, that would be even more amazing and also hysterically funny.

Ah, its nice to run into a fellow caps fan. Don't see much of us coming out in the open these days. Major Question: Should Ovi keep the C. If not, who should take it?

I think it's too late to take it back at this point. Should've been Laich all along, but it also turns out his health hasn't been great. I think a big problem is the high turnover in goalies as of late. Varlamov was decent, got booted after 1 playoffs for Neuvirth. Neuvirth was pretty good, got booted after 1 playoffs. We've now got Holtby, who's playing well, and we have another "top prospect" goalie in Hershey in Grubauer or however you spelled his name who backed up Holtby when Neuvy was injured last week.

But they look solid on the PP, and the goaltending and PK haven't been as abhorrent as it was the first 3 weeks of the season, so I've still got a lot of confidence they can make a run for the playoffs.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:37 am

Malkin's welcome back goal was dirttttyyyyyyyyyy

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby xeno on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 am

The mods are fascists
Private 1st Class xeno

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,