NHL Lockout?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will there be another NHL lockout this season?

Yes
10
59%
No
7
41%
 
Total votes : 17

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby keiths31 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Sens slumping. Hope the return of Anderson picks them up a bit.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant keiths31
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (20)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby denominator on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.


Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?


It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Timminz on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:40 pm

denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.


Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?


It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.


I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Major Timminz
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby denominator on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:37 pm

Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.


Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?


It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.


I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.


I'd be happy with either Seth Jones or Nate MacKinnon. Drouin is more of a small, skill guy and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be dominant at the NHL level. I'm a season ticket holder with the Hitmen (our local WHL team) and have seen most of the prospects from the WHL - wasn't too impressed with Shinkaruk or Pulock but I think Josh Morrissey would be a good mid to late first round steal.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby ben79 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:43 am

User avatar
Lieutenant ben79
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:29 pm
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (5)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Timminz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 pm

denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.


Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?


It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.


I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.


I'd be happy with either Seth Jones or Nate MacKinnon. Drouin is more of a small, skill guy and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be dominant at the NHL level.


That's the most common comment about Drouin (other than, "holy shit, that kid's good").

I also wouldn't mind seeing Fucale go to Calgary (wouldn't be the top pick, obviously). He's definitely not NHL-ready yet (how many goalies are, at 18), but still, he's a solid performer, and seems to be always getting better.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Major Timminz
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby denominator on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:
Timminz wrote:
denominator wrote:One day after honouring Steve Sullivan for his 1000th game played, the Coyotes trade him for a 7th round pick.


Is that better or worse than the flames trying to sell their entire line-up?


It would be nice if the Feaster actually decided to rebuild instead of this "retool" bullshit he keeps selling everyone. The Flames needed to trade Iginla last season or the year before when his stock was still high, and Bouwmeester was actually a fairly decent trade (though one wonders how Feaster manages to get talked into strange conditions on every pick). Dumping Comeau for a 5th rounder was a terrible trade.

The issue in Calgary is more in the management and development of prospects. The Flames have a terrible history of draft pick busts and grooming prospects into nothing. We'll see how they do at the draft this year, with a top-5 pick and 2 20-30 picks.


I'm hoping they get at least one of the guys from the Halifax Mooseheads. The Moose are a great team to watch this year, and it would be nice to be able to see some of those guys in Calgary, while I'm living there for the next few years.


I'd be happy with either Seth Jones or Nate MacKinnon. Drouin is more of a small, skill guy and I'm not convinced he's good enough to be dominant at the NHL level.


That's the most common comment about Drouin (other than, "holy shit, that kid's good").

I also wouldn't mind seeing Fucale go to Calgary (wouldn't be the top pick, obviously). He's definitely not NHL-ready yet (how many goalies are, at 18), but still, he's a solid performer, and seems to be always getting better.


I'm not saying that Drouin isn't good or won't be an NHL player, just not as much of a lock to be a superstar. Reminds me a bit of the '07 draft - Kane, van Reimsdyk, and Turris. None of them were true duds, but one is a clear top pick over the other two.

I'd hate to see any young goalie get drafted by Calgary. There's a habit in this franchise of killing the confidence of young goaltenders.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 74
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (5) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Caps are actually starting to look like a playoff contender. Wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs considering how god damn hot they are right now.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby keiths31 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Caps are actually starting to look like a playoff contender. Wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs considering how god damn hot they are right now.


Yeah. It looks like my Sens are poised to play them in the first round. A month ago I would have welcomed that. Today..not so much. With any luck the Leafs keep losing and the Sens pass them.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant keiths31
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (20)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Timminz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 pm

keiths31 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Caps are actually starting to look like a playoff contender. Wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs considering how god damn hot they are right now.


Yeah. It looks like my Sens are poised to play them in the first round. A month ago I would have welcomed that. Today..not so much. With any luck the Leafs keep losing and the Sens pass them.


You'd rather face the Bruins in the first round?
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Major Timminz
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Serbia on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Bah, anyone in the top of the east will be tough.

Bollocks.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
 
Posts: 10151
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby keiths31 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Timminz wrote:
keiths31 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Caps are actually starting to look like a playoff contender. Wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs considering how god damn hot they are right now.


Yeah. It looks like my Sens are poised to play them in the first round. A month ago I would have welcomed that. Today..not so much. With any luck the Leafs keep losing and the Sens pass them.


You'd rather face the Bruins in the first round?


Yes. Ovie is on fire right now. Bruins look more beatable. But I'd rather face the Leafs, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant keiths31
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (20)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:48 pm

The win today pretty much solidifies the Pens as the one seed. Morrow and Sutter both looked great with Morrow getting fiesty with PK.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Timminz on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 am

keiths31 wrote:
Timminz wrote:
keiths31 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Caps are actually starting to look like a playoff contender. Wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs considering how god damn hot they are right now.


Yeah. It looks like my Sens are poised to play them in the first round. A month ago I would have welcomed that. Today..not so much. With any luck the Leafs keep losing and the Sens pass them.


You'd rather face the Bruins in the first round?


Yes. Ovie is on fire right now. Bruins look more beatable. But I'd rather face the Leafs, but I don't think that's going to happen.


I too would love to see the battle of Ontario, in round 1. The Leafs have a good history of eliminating the Sens.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Major Timminz
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby keiths31 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm

Sens win...Leafs lose. All is good.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant keiths31
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (20)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby ben79 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 am

First time since 2004 for the Leafs in playoffs, congrats ! =D>

Montréal is really bad these past 5 games again last night Price let the team down ( 4 goals in 11 shots ) ... early golf if they continue that way.

Is Washington the Kings of 2013 ??
User avatar
Lieutenant ben79
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:29 pm
Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (5)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Serbia on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 am

ben79 wrote:Is Washington the Kings of 2013 ??


No, because it won't be surprising.

If Winnipeg somehow makes the playoffs, and then knocks out Pittsburgh, you can start talking about "the Kings of 2013". If Washington continues to dominate in the playoffs like they have the past month, well, they ARE the 3 seed, and they've been playing out-of-this-world after a lot of underachieving.

Bollocks.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
 
Posts: 10151
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Gillipig on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:15 am

Serbia wrote:
ben79 wrote:Is Washington the Kings of 2013 ??


No, because it won't be surprising.

If Winnipeg somehow makes the playoffs, and then knocks out Pittsburgh, you can start talking about "the Kings of 2013". If Washington continues to dominate in the playoffs like they have the past month, well, they ARE the 3 seed, and they've been playing out-of-this-world after a lot of underachieving.

Bollocks.


It's worth adding that the Kings haven't been considered one of the best teams since back in the day when they had Gretzky, and on the flipside Washington packs some of the best players in the world, won the presidents trophy not long ago and have been underperforming the last few years. It's hard to compare these teams even though I'm sure the journalists at nhl.com will gladly do so just to have something to write about. I almost enjoyed reading all the far fetched uninteresting stories they published during the lockout. They redefined my understanding of the word "desperate", these guys will seriously write about anything !

The TO should put up a poll asking us if the red wings will make the playoffs or not, and if possible I would like the city of Detroit to provide us with a picture of Serbias face when they get eliminated, a video would be even better.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Serbia on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 am

Gillipig wrote:The TO should put up a poll asking us if the red wings will make the playoffs or not, and if possible I would like the city of Detroit to provide us with a picture of Serbias face when they get eliminated, a video would be even better.


While I'd like to see the Wings make the playoffs and continue the streak, I'm doubtful they will right now. They committed stupid mistakes in their loss to Calgary, one of the League's worst teams who had Detroit's number all season, and then couldn't take advantage of a tired and slow Canucks team last night. They've been leaving valuable points on the table consistently. Right now, they don't deserve to be a playoff team. And if they make it, their reward will be an additional four or five games against Chicago, and then an early summer. This team isn't going anywhere as currently constructed.

There have been years when I get mad when the Wings are eliminated, but this year, whether it's in the regular season or the conference quarters, I won't be angry; I'll be expecting it.

Bollocks.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
 
Posts: 10151
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Pens are 3-0 against Boston, Montreal, Washington this season. In fact, against (projected) playoff teams we only have 4 losses and we haven't even had Crosby, Malkin or Neal for the last few wins.

Assuming we get those three back, I'll be disappointed with anything other than a Cup finals appearance. I'd accept a loss to Chicago (not that I'd be happy nor expect it) but anything less will be worse than last year's debacle.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 am

Army of GOD wrote:Pens are 3-0 against Boston, Montreal, Washington this season. In fact, against (projected) playoff teams we only have 4 losses and we haven't even had Crosby, Malkin or Neal for the last few wins.

Assuming we get those three back, I'll be disappointed with anything other than a Cup finals appearance. I'd accept a loss to Chicago (not that I'd be happy nor expect it) but anything less will be worse than last year's debacle.

How about a conference quarterfinals exit against the Rangers? Lundqvist is definitely capable of stealing a series and if the penis (oops, I meant pens) will be without crosby, malkin and neal then I will not even raise an eyebrow if they get eliminated.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby oVo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 am

I'd actually like to see the Stars make the playoffs...
but 3 points away from Columbus with 3 games left.

Chicago & Pittsburgh are both tough outs when healthy
and would make another good Cup Final.
User avatar
Major oVo
 
Posts: 3832
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Antarctica
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Pens are 3-0 against Boston, Montreal, Washington this season. In fact, against (projected) playoff teams we only have 4 losses and we haven't even had Crosby, Malkin or Neal for the last few wins.

Assuming we get those three back, I'll be disappointed with anything other than a Cup finals appearance. I'd accept a loss to Chicago (not that I'd be happy nor expect it) but anything less will be worse than last year's debacle.

How about a conference quarterfinals exit against the Rangers? Lundqvist is definitely capable of stealing a series and if the penis (oops, I meant pens) will be without crosby, malkin and neal then I will not even raise an eyebrow if they get eliminated.


Even without those three we still have a better offense. It'll fully depend on Fleury's play.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5827
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Serbia on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:06 pm

I was at the Wings win over Los Angeles last night, and I'm on my way downtown for their tilt against Nashville tonight. If the Wings win, and Dallas beats Columbus, the Wings clinch a playoff berth. GO WINGS!

Bollocks.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
 
Posts: 10151
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Gillipig on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 am

Nice to see Karlsson get two points in his comeback game. Also nice to see Columbus winning their game hehe.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
User avatar
Lieutenant Gillipig
 
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Evil Semp

cron
Login