Now a F*ckin' Space Science Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Now a F*ckin' Space Science Thread

Postby Maugena on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Image
???
Last edited by Maugena on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Scatter me into the wind, drifting for eternity, forever undone.
Blissfully through with reality's unacceptable nature and apparent being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKjzDU7V7es
User avatar
New Recruit Maugena
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Technicality?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 pm

f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby kentington on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"


I approve this message.
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Maugena on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.
Scatter me into the wind, drifting for eternity, forever undone.
Blissfully through with reality's unacceptable nature and apparent being.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKjzDU7V7es
User avatar
New Recruit Maugena
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Technicality?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Maugena wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.


I can't stand people who debate issues or post their political/religious beliefs on Facebook. Sadly, compared to CC, they sound utterly uninformed and ignorant.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Lootifer on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeh, facey arguments seem so fucking retarded after spending some time around here. You can predict exactly what is going to be said.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby kentington on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Lootifer wrote:Yeh, facey arguments seem so fucking retarded after spending some time around here. You can predict exactly what is going to be said.


One of the reasons I don't have facebook. Besides getting cows, trees, and poked every five minutes.
User avatar
Sergeant kentington
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 pm

religion was on Mars when the dinosaurs ruled our planet.

I hate ecards too. They suck!!!!!
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Technicality?

Postby nietzsche on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Maugena wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.


I can't stand people who debate issues or post their political/religious beliefs on Facebook. Sadly, compared to CC, they sound utterly uninformed and ignorant.


Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped login into FB. I guess most people isn't that educated or can actually think for themselves, they merely repeat the most stupid phrases. And when you respect someone in RL only to see them posting their stupid religious or political views, well, it sucks because it's harder to take them seriously now.

I always love a good debate here on CC, but lately a lot of them are totally biased that you cannot call it other than stupid propaganda, or preaching in the case of the religious nuts.
Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
Maugena wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:f*ck ecards are awful. I hate them and every stupid idiot (redundant) that shares them on Facetbook. inb4 natty: "I DUN HAVE FACETBOOK"

Anyway, that's pretty lame. We've been on Mars before and to say religion as a whole was talking about chicken sandwiches is awe;oirjaewr

My ex shared this on Facebook and I was like... no... this is incorrect and some random was like, "blah blah blah, restating your point in some odd way and then says other shit" and I was like, "Okay... but it wasn't religion that was 'deciding what chicken was okay to eat... I was just stating that this is wrong." And the guy was like, "And I was just stating the error in your point."
My face on the keyboaoprijaspodijfpoasidjfpoasijdfpoasijdfpouhigraeoijnhh ,ikehgyiuhuyogpuyer8i9ye5rho.


I can't stand people who debate issues or post their political/religious beliefs on Facebook. Sadly, compared to CC, they sound utterly uninformed and ignorant.


Yeah, that's one of the reasons I stopped login into FB. I guess most people isn't that educated or can actually think for themselves, they merely repeat the most stupid phrases. And when you respect someone in RL only to see them posting their stupid religious or political views, well, it sucks because it's harder to take them seriously now.

I always love a good debate here on CC, but lately a lot of them are totally biased that you cannot call it other than stupid propaganda, or preaching in the case of the religious nuts.



Yea, one of my brothers sounds like Phatscotty on Facebook. It's sad, especially knowing his RL personality is wholly different.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 pm

Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:16 pm

tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.


not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby tzor on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Army of GOD wrote:not sure if trolling or serious


A but of both actually. You might want to read "Death from the Skies" by Phil Phlat to see how dangerous the solar system can be.

A lof of calculations for "life" (and by that we don't mean single cell organisms) that exist on earth are often forgotten in simple mass calculations for like potential. The earth has a significant magnetic field. It has a significant orbiting companion that provides significant tidal forces. It also has a dynamic liquid core that keeps the crust active (and also provides that massive dynamo that protects the earth from the solar wind, which also has the nasty tendency to strip a planet's atmosphere).

You are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system. The moons of Jupiter and Saturn come close, only because the solar effects are greatly reduced at that distance.

Bear in mind that the universe has already given our planet the cosmic finger a number of times. Several major extermination events might be in fact related to cosmic causes. (Events that make the asteroid impact that killed the alreadydying dinosaurs trivial.) Again, read that book from Phlat. A little science can be a dangerous thing; you need to learn a bit more.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Technicality?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:23 am

Two hundred years from now, a historian stumbles into tzor's post. Upon reading "you are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system," she laughs.

Her colleague ridicules tzor, but the historian comments about the impossibility of possessing future knowledge; therefore, such ridicule may be unfair in tzor's case.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4359
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Technicality?

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 am

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.


not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image


Word of advice - Gliese 581g girls are hot and loose, but, if you want a chick you can bring home to meet mom, stick with Gliese 581d women. Unfortunately, they're amorphous clouds of ammonia vapor so aren't that fun on a date.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Technicality?

Postby heavycola on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 am

tzor wrote: a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine


SCIENCE IS A UNSENITENT
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class heavycola
 
Posts: 2931
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Maailmanvalloittajat
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby zimmah on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.


not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image


even a difference as small as 1% could kill most life on earth.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class zimmah
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Neoteny on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 am

heavycola wrote:
tzor wrote: a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine


SCIENCE IS A UNSENITENT


HEAVYCOLA IS A NOSTALGIC
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Lieutenant Neoteny
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Technicality?

Postby TDK on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Two hundred years from now, a historian stumbles into tzor's post. Upon reading "you are not going to find a nice place like that in the solar system," she laughs.

Her colleague ridicules tzor, but the historian comments about the impossibility of possessing future knowledge; therefore, such ridicule may be unfair in tzor's case.


That raises an interesting thought: in 200 years, will the CC servers even be accessible? I'm all for keeping it going, but that would require an inflation- adjusted membership fee... :-$
Cadet TDK
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Technicality?

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

As much as I would like to say that folks who support Chic Fila are also deniers of the Mars landing, its just not true.

That people are idiotic in one area does not necessarily mean they are universally idiotic. Even among Young Earth supporters, there are few who actually deny that things like the moon landing and Mars landing happened
Corporal 1st Class PLAYER57832
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:17 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 pm

zimmah wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.


not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image


even a difference as small as 1% could kill most life on earth.

Yes but that doesnt mean we cant adapt to a specific environment given enough input energy.

i.e. There may not be life there, but we could potentially live there.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Lootifer wrote:
zimmah wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:Dear Science; No you didn't land on Mars, you landed a unsenitent and barely intelligent machine on Mars. You couldn't last five minutes in the smallest of solar storms that frequent the solar system. So please stay inside the nice mangetic field of you planet, that I, your Lord, made for you and not for the other planets, like Mars which has no magnetic field like the earth and no atmosphere to speak of either. Sincerely, Religion's Boss, God.


not sure if trolling or serious

also I thought this was cool Image


even a difference as small as 1% could kill most life on earth.

Yes but that doesnt mean we cant adapt to a specific environment given enough input energy.

i.e. There may not be life there, but we could potentially live there.


NO LOOT, THAT'S OUT OF THE QUESTION. Personally, I think we should clone the Earth. That'd be much better, and sounds to me like more plausible.

-rd
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 7229
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 am
Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Like get a big chain and tie it around Mars then drag is in towards the sun for a few million miles. Then fire some glue at it, then fire the moon at it, blowing up the moon with a big explosion just before it hits (to have like a shotgun effect - so all the little bits of the moon stick to the previously fired glue - to make it bigger durr!).

Then like get a really big bubble blower ring thing (will need lots of soap suds for this one) and blow some really big bubbles and send them at mars so it gets some atmosphere. Boom new earth.

f*ck im smart sometimes.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Technicality?

Postby crispybits on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:18 pm

You forgot the bit where we create giant magnets all over Mars surface to give it the field to protect against solar winds.
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: Technicality?

Postby Lootifer on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:32 pm

crispybits wrote:You forgot the bit where we create giant magnets all over Mars surface to give it the field to protect against solar winds.

THE SOLAR WINDS NOOOOOoooOOOOOooooo *gets blown off his nice new shiney mars surface*
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login