Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Social security is an insurance program, not a welfare program.

insurance - payment for damage, provided for a fee (e.g. social security)
welfare - payment for damage, provided for free (e.g. AFDC)

Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system? Did you hear about it on YouTube or did you actually read something she wrote? I anticipate your forthcoming silence will be an indication of the former.


Don't challenge me son, you cannot handle me. Atlas Shrugged sits on my bookshelf right next to the Gulag Archipelago.
I've made the distinction myself between social insurance and welfare on this forum. You probably learned it from me. But she was opposed to both.


Ayn Rand favored Laissez-faire form of economics.

Laissez-faire is an economic environment in which transactions between private parties are free from tariffs, government subsidies, and enforced monopolies, with only enough government regulations sufficient to protect property rights against theft and aggression. The phrase laissez-faire is French and literally means "let [them] do", but it broadly implies "let it be," "let them do as they will," or "leave it alone." Scholars generally believe a laissez-faire state or a completely free market has never existed.[1][2]


You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.

By now it’s no secret that I think Social Security is an unjust monstrosity by which the elderly live off the work of younger generations. So what should be done about it?

The only moral solution—the only one that puts an end to the wealth redistribution and protects people’s right to keep what they earn—is to abolish Social Security entirely.


But anyway you're asking a trick question because she was a philosopher who's claim to fame was her fiction. And Laissez-Faire.

Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged wrote:Neither life nor happiness can be achieved by the pursuit of irrational whims. Just as man is free to attempt to survive by any random means, as a parasite, a moocher or a looter, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment—so he is free to seek his happiness in any irrational fraud, any whim, any delusion, any mindless escape from reality, but not free to succeed at it beyond the range of the moment nor to escape the consequences.

^This quote probably only makes sense if you read the book.


A lot of words to avoid answering a very simple question. Once again:

    Where did Ayn Rand criticize people who made withdrawals from the U.S. social security system?
The misquoted line from Rand's literary agent that's evolved into the meme which you bounded into this thread with, when properly quoted, dismisses your speech best:

    Since she had worked all her life and had paid into Social Security, she had a right to it. ("100 Voices: An Oral History of Ayn Rand")
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 am

I answered your question; it's a trick question because she wrote fiction books to promote Laissez-Faire. I'm pretty sure that I cannot even find a quote of her directly criticizing welfare. The characters in her books do though. If you read Atlas Shrugged you'd understand what a moocher and a looter are. Laissez-Faire, her beloved form of capitalism, does not leave room for Social Security. Now, obviously she did do some talking too, but she didn't directly criticize a lot. All of her essays pretty much rehash her old arguments about capitalism, sex, and religion. If you're going to argue that she was not against Social Security or welfare then you're going to run up against not only the liberals here, but also the conservatives. It's no-man's land. And as Ayn Rand said, the middle ground is the most dishonest & evil or something.

I specifically redirected to you that it was a trick question because I know how you like to twist everything to match your antagonistic, anarchistic agenda. I had to make sure I put that there in the beginning for people who read through.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I answered your question; it's a trick question because she wrote fiction books to promote Laissez-Faire. I'm pretty sure that I cannot even find a quote of her directly criticizing welfare. The characters in her books do though. If you read Atlas Shrugged you'd understand what a moocher and a looter are. Laissez-Faire, her beloved form of capitalism, does not leave room for Social Security. Now, obviously she did do some talking too, but she didn't directly criticize a lot. All of her essays pretty much rehash her old arguments about capitalism, sex, and religion. If you're going to argue that she was not against Social Security or welfare then you're going to run up against not only the liberals here, but also the conservatives. It's no-man's land. And as Ayn Rand said, the middle ground is the most dishonest & evil or something.

I specifically redirected to you that it was a trick question because I know how you like to twist everything to match your antagonistic, anarchistic agenda. I had to make sure I put that there in the beginning for people who read through.


I'll rephrase my question to a single word if that helps.

Juan_Bottom wrote: Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures"
Saxi wrote: Where?

User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 am

Oh yeah, that should read "Parasites." MUCH BETTER.
Was it Nietzsche who called them vultures?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Oh yeah, that should read "Parasites." MUCH BETTER.


Where?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 am

I quoted a passage of her book where she said it. So did you.
But she did use the word a lot.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 am

I just realized that you haven't actually read Rand. lol, you had me >=(
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I quoted a passage of her book where she said it.


No, you didn't.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.


Oh, you know, unfunded liabilities and all that. Don't worry your simple brain about it; it wouldn't matter if I tried leading your obstinate ass to water. Your subsidies from the professional politicians will be coming in soon, so you can continue your anti-intellectual crusade against straw men and women.

Two thumbs up for Phat Bottom.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 am

I mean-ah, it's been like 2 years since I read Atlas, but I'm pretty sure that Galt's-his-face said that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:46 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I'm pretty sure


The Matron of ConquerClub wrote:my old professors said it but I don't know which ones or where or when


This is a good note to end on, Juan.

you're dismissed now

thanks
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:53 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.


Oh, you know, unfunded liabilities and all that. Don't worry your simple brain about it; it wouldn't matter if I tried leading your obstinate ass to water. Your subsidies from the professional politicians will be coming in soon, so you can continue your anti-intellectual crusade against straw men and women.

Two thumbs up for Phat Bottom.


I caught this one cause I was pretty sure that you were going to bandwagon with Saxi.

1) SS has not contributed 1 penny to our nation debt
2) If we only doubled the rate that billionaires pay in, SS would be fine for like another 70 years - big whoop

And what rate do they pay in at? The same as someone who makes $110K a year?
5/15/2012 Bernie Sanders



Can you imagine how little you could get away with if I took you off of foe? You must be loving this.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:You can visit aynrand.org where they blame Social Security for partially increasing our national debt somehow.


Oh, you know, unfunded liabilities and all that. Don't worry your simple brain about it; it wouldn't matter if I tried leading your obstinate ass to water. Your subsidies from the professional politicians will be coming in soon, so you can continue your anti-intellectual crusade against straw men and women.

Two thumbs up for Phat Bottom.


I caught this one cause I was pretty sure that you were going to bandwagon with Saxi.

1) SS has not contributed 1 penny to our nation debt
2) If we only doubled the rate that billionaires pay in, SS would be fine for like another 70 years - big whoop

And what rate do they pay in at? The same as someone who makes $110K a year?
5/15/2012 Bernie Sanders



Can you imagine how little you could get away with if I took you off of foe? You must be loving this.


So, are you going to show sources for your claims, or will this be your finest playerian moment? Maybe you could Phat Bottom outta this one?

What's it gonna be, pilgrim?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 am

Come on BBS and Saxi, you're just being too detail-oriented.

Ayn Rand clearly wrote "John Galt said, 'I hate sociale security.'" Rand spelled the word "social" incorrectly, which should not make JB wrong.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 am

thegreekdog wrote:Come on BBS and Saxi, you're just being too detail-oriented.

Ayn Rand clearly wrote "John Galt said, 'I hate sociale security.'" Rand spelled the word "social" incorrectly, which should not make JB wrong.


Based on this hard-hitting evidence, I'd argue that John Galt was in fact talking about collectivist security, i.e. state-funded security for the nation.

Marx my words, and you'll be sorry!
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4664
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:There's a long string of "huh?" likes for Ryan. He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said, he likes Rage, but Morello says that his pissed-off music is about Ryan, and he like Thomas Aquinas. The T.A. who hates women.


You can like someone even if you don't agree with everything they say.

For example, you are completely full of crap, but I still like you
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:22 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:He likes Rands philosophy, but she turned hypocrite and basically took back everything that she said,


I've never heard this before, can you provide me with some details on this?


You trust what Phat Bottom will give you?


I'll trust it enough to read it, then research and form an opinion.


well, what he said is not the truth. It's totally a joke at the expense of the truth.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.


So she didn't actually retract her comments as indicated in your post?


Actions speak louder than words. She didn't write any book retracting what she wrote or anything, she just went ahead and did everything she told us was wrong and parasitic to do.


Rand does not have to be perfect in order for her ideals and her philosophy she put forth to have merit. That's the worst argument ever, but I'm not getting into it further than that because this is all a joke anyways, and I only address this to point out the worst argument ever.

Like when a Christian tries to follow the Bible, and someone sees them do something that the Bible says don't do, and labels them a hypocrite forever......People do not need to be perfect in order to strive to be better and do the right thing.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:I answered your question; it's a trick question because she wrote fiction books to promote Laissez-Faire. I'm pretty sure that I cannot even find a quote of her directly criticizing welfare. The characters in her books do though. If you read Atlas Shrugged you'd understand what a moocher and a looter are. Laissez-Faire, her beloved form of capitalism, does not leave room for Social Security. Now, obviously she did do some talking too, but she didn't directly criticize a lot. All of her essays pretty much rehash her old arguments about capitalism, sex, and religion. If you're going to argue that she was not against Social Security or welfare then you're going to run up against not only the liberals here, but also the conservatives. It's no-man's land. And as Ayn Rand said, the middle ground is the most dishonest & evil or something.

I specifically redirected to you that it was a trick question because I know how you like to twist everything to match your antagonistic, anarchistic agenda. I had to make sure I put that there in the beginning for people who read through.


I'll rephrase my question to a single word if that helps.

Juan_Bottom wrote: Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures"
Saxi wrote: Where?



Don't stop now Saxi!!!
Image
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Rand called people who receive welfare, Social Security, and other funds through such programs "vultures" and said that greed is what makes us great or some junk,... right?

Then she lost a fortune and spent her final years living on Social Security and Medicare.
I've said before that I don't know if Social Security allowed her to live in dignity; or if it caused her to lose her dignity.
I'm sure she would say something about how taking the money is ok because her point was that greed is good or something, but IMHO she fails.


So she didn't actually retract her comments as indicated in your post?


Actions speak louder than words. She didn't write any book retracting what she wrote or anything, she just went ahead and did everything she told us was wrong and parasitic to do.


Now, I did find something she did actually say.
It is obvious, in such cases, that a man receives his own money which was taken from him by force, directly and specifically, without his consent, against his own choice. Those who advocated such laws are morally guilty, since they assumed the “right” to force employers and unwilling co-workers. But the victims, who opposed such laws, have a clear right to any refund of their own money—and they would not advance the cause of freedom if they left their money, unclaimed, for the benefit of the welfare-state administration.


Her actions in this case make the words she spoke louder.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 pm

You guys!

Juan is trolling ALL of you!

Listen to her words, not Phat Bottoms. The interviewer here trolls Ayn Rand in a similar fashion as well.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Come on BBS and Saxi, you're just being too detail-oriented.

Ayn Rand clearly wrote "John Galt said, 'I hate sociale security.'" Rand spelled the word "social" incorrectly, which should not make JB wrong.


Ok, but what's a "moocher?" Or a "looter?" Or a "parasite?"


Phatscotty wrote:Rand does not have to be perfect in order for her ideals and her philosophy she put forth to have merit. That's the worst argument ever, but I'm not getting into it further than that because this is all a joke anyways, and I only address this to point out the worst argument ever.

I agree with you 100% but I want to be clear that my argument was about her, not about her ideas.

patrickaa317 wrote:Her actions in this case make the words she spoke louder.


1) You can opt-out of Social Security.
2) She was also on Medicaid.
3) Both programs go against Lassaiz Faire.


I mean, you can say that she paid into it and deserved that "refund," but the fact lives on that she was a two-pack a day smoker who needed Medicaid & Social Security to pay her medical expenses. She had also said that one who accepts government control is 'delivering oneself into gradual enslavement' and she said 'there can be no compromise on basic principles.' Yet in the end she compromised her principles and accepted help under an assumed name. She couldn't do it on her own like she said.
So Ayn Rand asked Evva Pryror, a consultant, to enroll her on her behalf and to have it sent to an assumed name.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 pm

She did specifically pay into the social security fund. She was just getting her own money back. That is the reason we pay into it. There is no problem with that, and that is exactly how it is supposed to work.

You would only have a point if she received corporate or public welfare.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Perhaps you missed this part.

and they would not advance the cause of freedom if they left their money, unclaimed, for the benefit of the welfare-state administration.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Paul Ryan is a Marxist!

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Phatscotty wrote:She did specifically pay into the social security fund. She was just getting her own money back. That is the reason we pay into it. There is no problem with that, and that is exactly how it is supposed to work.

You would only have a point if she received corporate or public welfare.


Like Medicaid?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phatscotty

Login