Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby john9blue on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 pm

you call them "anti-women" policies, i call them "pro-man" policies. doesn't my version sound better? enough with the negativity, juan.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby john9blue on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 pm

oh and by the way, ^THAT^ is trolling. what i said earlier is NOT trolling.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:10 am

john9blue wrote:oh and by the way, ^THAT^ is trolling. what i said earlier is NOT trolling.

JB doesn't care. He's here to assert his opinions with a megaphone and pleasure in the negative reactions. You know, it's the Pimpdavian Virtues.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 am

... Juan, perhaps there might be some truth to these huge-font claims you are making, but linking to a site where the writer of the article doesn't refer to the Republicans so matter-of-factly as "radicals" might lend credence to your exclamations.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Well I went back and read it and I didn't see the world radical used.
But I would and do use the word Radical. I should think that most normal people who follow politics do use that word, and you know that from Clinton's speech the other day he calls them Radical too. The element of the party that's in control right now are not traditional Conservatives, they're wingnuts.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:26 am

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:16 am

Liberalism is the norm, the establishment. Conservatives are the activists and the rebels of our time

Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:32 am

I cannot believe that you just did that.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120816

Postby thegreekdog on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:58 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:I cannot believe that you just did that.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20120816

Oh look! It's the rich Harvard graduate lambasting the rich politician!

The entertainment industry's hypocrisy knows no bounds. If Zach de la Rocha and Tom Morello start giving their money freely to the government, I'll start listening to them.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 am

Phatscotty wrote:Liberalism is the norm, the establishment. Conservatives are the activists and the rebels of our time

Juan_Bottom wrote:

This picture shows just how big a tent Republicans have. All are welcome. Bible Thumpers and Atlas Shruggers can come together, can look past their differences, even be tolerant of other people and their philosophies....

Not like haters would know this, but Conservatives have a wide range of differences, come in all shapes and flavors and beliefs, and even call out their own from time to time in the name of honesty. Liberals seek to think and become the same, goosestep in line whenever summoned, and never call their own out.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:03 pm

^
lol
Dudes can't win on the issues, so they turn to "we're better than you" hate. Classic Conservative.

You have a presidential candidate who's filthy rich and hides his money. He's also a senior member of his church. And his choice for VP is Ayn Rand's protege. That's not a "big tent." That's the definition of hypocrisy.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:^

You have a presidential candidate who's filthy rich and hides his money. He's also a senior member of his church. And his choice for VP is Ayn Rand's protege. That's not a "big tent." That's the definition of hypocrisy.

that is the definition of coming together despite differences. You might recognize it as "diversity". Only a truly bigoted mind such as your own would assume that they cannot work together because in your mind, they are "different" and must be separated, and if they work together, they are "Hypocrites".
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

be gentle with juan... what you are saying goes against his programming.
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

that is the definition of coming together despite differences. You might recognize it as "diversity". Only a truly bigoted mind such as your own would assume that they cannot work together because in your mind, they are "different" and must be separated, and if they work together, they are "Hypocrites".

#-o
They don't have different life philosophy's:
They have philosophy's that are in opposition to each other.
That's the point.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

#-o
They don't have different life philosophy's:
They have philosophy's that are in opposition to each other.
That's the point.

It seems that your point is Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan do not have a bigoted bone in their body and are capable of compromise and reaching across aisles and working with anyone of any race, gender, religion, or creed.
Major Phatscotty

Postby jimboston on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Did anyone figure out yet what the Republican Party represents?

I don't think either of the two big parties represent me!
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It seems that your point is Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan do not have a bigoted bone in their body and are capable of compromise and reaching across aisles and working with anyone of any race, gender, religion, or creed.

Ok, try it this way.

What parts of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectification, Selfishness, and Individualism are comparable with Christianity?

Postby john9blue on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:48 pm

juan, i have a hard time understanding how you can be so ardently opposed to both christianity and objectivism.

i think the reason is because both are associated with right-wing politics, and you have been taught that "right wing = bad"

do you realize the contradictions in your own views?
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:06 pm

john9blue wrote:juan, i have a hard time understanding how you can be so ardently opposed to both christianity and objectivism.

i think the reason is because both are associated with right-wing politics, and you have been taught that "right wing = bad"

It's illegal to teach liberalism or conservatism in public school. No one taught me politics. This thread has pretty much proven that the far-right is bad. Nobody can defend these politicians.

Both are associated with far Right-Wing politics, but that doesn't mean that they are compatible world views.
The word that I chose was Objectification, but I'll work with Objectivism - it means the pursuit of your own happiness based upon your own greed or selfishness. Ayn Rand, the new darling of the far right, taught this... and this is what Paul Ryan has based his trickle-down economic policy.
That's directly opposed to the teachings of Christ, who taught charity and forgiveness and to give away all worldly possessions. Then he sacrificed himself on a cross for everyone else - his own happiness didn't enter into it. At least, that's the view of Christianity.

SACRIFICE IS THE OPPOSITE OF OBJECTIVISM

john9blue wrote:do you realize the contradictions in your own views?

You're saying that Atheists can't care about other people? You must be new.
Amazing that you couldn't see the contradictions in the stated views of the Republican Party without big 'ol hypocritical me to help.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 am

What was the Republican Party.

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:It's illegal to teach liberalism or conservatism in public school. No one taught me politics. This thread has pretty much proven that the far-right is bad. Nobody can defend these politicians.

Both are associated with far Right-Wing politics, but that doesn't mean that they are compatible world views.
The word that I chose was Objectification, but I'll work with Objectivism - it means the pursuit of your own happiness based upon your own greed or selfishness. Ayn Rand, the new darling of the far right, taught this... and this is what Paul Ryan has based his trickle-down economic policy.
That's directly opposed to the teachings of Christ, who taught charity and forgiveness and to give away all worldly possessions. Then he sacrificed himself on a cross for everyone else - his own happiness didn't enter into it. At least, that's the view of Christianity.

SACRIFICE IS THE OPPOSITE OF OBJECTIVISM

who said anything about public school?

Juan_Bottom wrote:You're saying that Atheists can't care about other people? You must be new.
Amazing that you couldn't see the contradictions in the stated views of the Republican Party without big 'ol hypocritical me to help.

i'm aware that many republicans are hypocritical pieces of shit. but, for you to attack two philosophies that are (as you claim) opposites is hypocritical as well.
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

john9blue wrote:i'm aware that many republicans are hypocritical pieces of shit. but, for you to attack two philosophies that are (as you claim) opposites is hypocritical as well.

Why?
I've called myself a follower of Christ on this very forum. The phrase came from Dawkins, who got it from Thomas Jefferson, and Jefferson called religion 'organized shit.' The Philosophy of Jesus is just fine, it's the religion that repulses me, not the philosophy.
Charity is a very basic and hardwired human trait. Greed is as well, but evolutionary biology shows us that Charity is the stronger and better of the two.

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Why?
I've called myself a follower of Christ on this very forum. The phrase came from Dawkins, who got it from Thomas Jefferson, and Jefferson called religion 'organized shit.'

should i even bother asking for a source on this one?

he might link me to freethinkers.com or wearetoosmartandlogicalforreligion.com or some other garbage site that he visits
Captain john9blue

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,