Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:06 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Oh, that was suppose to be racist? Honestly, I thought it symbolized hanging a Democrat...

I guess if you consistently apply RACISM!! to many actions all the time, then is it a surprise that racism seems to be everywhere?

Racist or not, emulating death on a chair for all to see is kind of messed up.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Oh, that was suppose to be racist? Honestly, I thought it symbolized hanging a Democrat...

I guess if you consistently apply RACISM!! to many actions all the time, then is it a surprise that racism seems to be everywhere?

BMO

I agree that chairs are people too.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:14 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

BMO

I agree that chairs are people too.

rdsrds2120 has not wrote:Chairs are people, too.

I agree that people can connect the dots and equate the hanging of a chair to symbolize hanging a person in a public display.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Gang, what do y'all think?

Should chairs be hung out to dry?

And is there a more efficient alternative to drying one's chair?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Had it been intended to be racist, don't you think he would have at least used a black chair? Come on guys.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:

Paul Ryan booed at AARP Convention in New Orleans.

Better to be correct on your principles, than to be popular. I'd rather stand for something that goes with my principles and have people boo me, then waffle on principles or mislead people just to get them to like me.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Right. Old people are dumb and can't think for themselves. They need you to do it for them.

Hey....that sounds EXACTLY like your argument about children in the Progressive thread....... and look at you now, using your own logic against someone else?

Juan_Bottom wrote:Children cannot make their own diet decisions. They're stupid.

Just a tad bit hypocritical JB. Don't worry, nobody will give you any shit about it, 'cept for me :D
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Children cannot make their own diet decisions. They're stupid.

Just a tad bit hypocritical JB. Don't worry, nobody will give you any shit about it, 'cept for me :D

Ironically enough, the biggest hypocrite on the site.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 pm

This belongs here. Only Conservatives take satire out of context and claim that it's real to scare people.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:This belongs here. Only Conservatives take satire out of context and claim that it's real to scare people.

Ummm...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:30 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc- ... story.html

Maryland Del. Donald H. Dwy­er Jr. said Thursday that he was under the influence of alcohol when the boat he was piloting Wednesday struck a vessel full of children, injuring four, one seriously.

Dwyer, 54, one of Maryland’s most conservative lawmakers, is best known for leading vehement opposition to Democrats’ efforts to legalize same-sex marriage and for failed attempts to impeach state Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler (D) for his support of same-sex marriage.

Last edited by Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Maryland Del. Donald H. Dwy­er Jr. said Thursday that he was under the influence of alcohol when the boat he was piloting Wednesday struck a vessel full of children, injuring four, one seriously.

This is an excellent example of a dumbass. But I don't think it really reflects the views of the Republican Party.

Dwyer, 54, one of Maryland’s most conservative lawmakers, is best known for leading vehement opposition to Democrats’ efforts to legalize same-sex marriage and for failed attempts to impeach state Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler (D) for his support of same-sex marriage.

This does, however.

Postby bedub1 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 am

I found a good article about what's wrong with the Republican Party. They finally found a candidate that epitomizes their beliefs. And now we can see just how crazy their beliefs are.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/mit ... _20120924/

There are two major theories about why Romney is dropping in the polls. One is Romney is a lousy candidate, unable to connect with people or make his case.

The second is that Americans are finally beginning to see how radical the GOP has become, and are repudiating it.

The Republican primaries, and then the Republican convention, have shown America a party far removed from the “compassionate conservatism” the GOP tried to sell in 2000. Instead, we have a party that’s been taken over by Tea Partiers, nativists, social Darwinists, homophobes, right-wing evangelicals, and a few rich people whose only interest is to become even wealthier.
Colonel bedub1

Postby chang50 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 am

patrickaa317 wrote:Had it been intended to be racist, don't you think he would have at least used a black chair? Come on guys.

Because only black people suffer from racism?
Captain chang50

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

chang50 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Had it been intended to be racist, don't you think he would have at least used a black chair? Come on guys.

No, only black chairs do.

I can't stand how people in this thread are ignoring the chair. They're just kicking it to the sidelines while focusing on these irrelevant issues.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm

The Republican primaries, and then the Republican convention, have shown America a party far removed from the “compassionate conservatism” the GOP tried to sell in 2000. Instead, we have a party that’s been taken over by Tea Partiers, nativists, social Darwinists, homophobes, right-wing evangelicals, and a few rich people whose only interest is to become even wealthier.

I totally agree with this.

My own county's political process is being attacked, and literally blackmailed by the local chapter of the Tea Party. As a result, new political parties have popped up, each one trying to sound more freedomy or libertyee than the last one. All of these partys are run by local Conservatives who used to support the Repubs. The Dems have remained intact.

New Party's in Northern Illinois -

Freedom Party
Lincoln Legacy Party (Blocked by Tea Party and Democrats from running for office)
Senior Support Party (disbanded I think)
Tea Party
The Constitution Party

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Republican Todd Akin wrote:I’m in a three way primary for the U.S. Senate. I’ve gone to people and asked for their support, their help, or their endorsement and some people say yes. They write me a decent check. I remember that… You remember who’s helping you. That’s one way that people get to know Congressmen and Senators.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/25 ... ion-audio/

It's serious, but maybe not as serious as it sounds.

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 pm

chang50 wrote:

Come on man.

Eastwood related Obama to an empty chair.
Lynching is a symbol used with racism towards black people.
Also, in case you weren't aware, Obama is partially black which ties the whole symbol together.

Make sense now? Think sarcasm through before responding to it.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:11 pm

bedub1 wrote:I found a good article about what's wrong with the Republican Party. They finally found a candidate that epitomizes their beliefs. And now we can see just how crazy their beliefs are.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/mit ... _20120924/

There are two major theories about why Romney is dropping in the polls. One is Romney is a lousy candidate, unable to connect with people or make his case.

The second is that Americans are finally beginning to see how radical the GOP has become, and are repudiating it.

I know, that damn Constitution and principles of limited government are too radical for today's society.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 pm

I laughed.

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Why did you laugh?
Major Night Strike

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?

One reason is that he enjoys trying to get a rise out of you and others.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Again....so? People who actually pay attention to Romney know that this has always been his plan. There's nothing new here. Obama always claims that Romney's plans will only end up in massive tax cuts to "the rich", yet he always ignores that Romney plans to cut deductions. Romney's simply pointing out the reality of the plan that Obama continues to distort.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Again....so?

You don't think that someone who doesn't like Romney (as Juan clearly doesn't) wouldn't find that funny? Why not? It seems pretty basic.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,