Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... s-children
The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

ā€¦

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

dafuq?
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

ā€¦

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

dafuq?

Not just on that issue, but overall...that guy seems a little strung out.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

That dude is crazy.

Here is his buddy though;

Loy Mauch, Arkansas Lawmaker, Defended Slavery In Letters To The Editor

If slavery were so God-awful, why didnā€™t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasnā€™t there a war before 1861?

Interesting point.

Exodus 21:7 wrote:And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt deceitfully with her. And if he has betrothed her to his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. If he takes another wife, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, and her marriage rights.

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

ā€¦

dafuq?

Not just on that issue, but overall...that guy seems a little strung out.

... This has to be a Modest Proposal type of thing, no? If not, this man should be locked up.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Free speech. Can't lock him up until he stones his grandchild to death or whatever.

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Free speech. Can't lock him up until he stones his grandchild to death or whatever.

... Is this has to be a Modest Proposal type of thing? Or are we taking him at his word - he's serious?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 pm

He's completely serious. That's a direct quotation from his book, God's Law.

The description:
The founding fathers of the United States were immersed in biblical teachings and principles, and they employed them in the construction of our governmental and economic systems.

The central Christian doctrine is that every human is born with a sinful nature. We are all born self centered, believing that everyone around us has the obligation of satisfying our every desire. Political conservatives accept this central premise.

Liberals reject it and believe government is the solution for every problem. Men
working together through the power of government have done more harm than any other human institution. A free competitive market works better than a government controlled market; it harnesses manā€™s basic sinful nature and uses it to provide the greatest good for the greatest number of people.

The reason the United States has been the most prosperous and productive nation in the world is because it has followed Christian principles more closely than any other nation.

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:He's completely serious. That's a direct quotation from his book, God's Law.

The description:
The founding fathers of the United States were immersed in biblical teachings and principles, and they employed them in the construction of our governmental and economic systems.

The central Christian doctrine is that every human is born with a sinful nature. We are all born self centered, believing that everyone around us has the obligation of satisfying our every desire. Political conservatives accept this central premise.

Liberals reject it and believe government is the solution for every problem. Men
working together through the power of government have done more harm than any other human institution. A free competitive market works better than a government controlled market; it harnesses manā€™s basic sinful nature and uses it to provide the greatest good for the greatest number of people.

The reason the United States has been the most prosperous and productive nation in the world is because it has followed Christian principles more closely than any other nation.

... Damn. Arkansas produces some winners, eh?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 pm

these two represent 2/3rds of all the politicians that I know from Arkansas, the Dry State. Bill Clinton is the 3rd.

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:07 am

... Though I've always liked the Razorbacks.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 am

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Postby john9blue on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

so now we're down to EMPLOYEES of gop-HIRED groups?

btw, everyone knows that the GOP commits voter fraud by now.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Whoops. That's basically just a repeat of the same story that happened in Florida. I meant to post that on another site, but instead I posted:

State Budget Cuts Force West Texas Planned Parenthood Clinic To Close

- which made no sense at all in the conversation about voter fraud.

Good catch. I had too many window's open. I don't even know how I did this. :oops:

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Also, just lolololol @ this Tagg Romney thing. I can't believe he said he wanted to punch Obama.

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm

That's what happens when you live off the government.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

That's what happens when you're born a woman.

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:That's what happens when you're born a woman.

Women being born caused a Planned Parenthood location to close?

Actually, that might be true.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 pm

When you're born a woman, you are born a slave to your own reproductive cycle. Well, you know what I mean.

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Night Strike wrote:

I get the feeling that you think anyone who takes government assistance is "living off the government." I will agree that there are people who will gladly sit at home and be happy taking what the government will give them. However I feel many who are getting government assistance would love to be self sufficient. So I ask this question. How do you propose getting the people off government assistance? I am not asking about the one who are happy taking assistance just the ones who want to be self sufficient.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I get the feeling that you think anyone who takes government assistance is "living off the government." I will agree that there are people who will gladly sit at home and be happy taking what the government will give them. However I feel many who are getting government assistance would love to be self sufficient. So I ask this question. How do you propose getting the people off government assistance? I am not asking about the one who are happy taking assistance just the ones who want to be self sufficient.

You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

Also, if Planned Parenthood was providing such a vital service, people would have given them money instead of them getting their funds from the government. Obviously this location couldn't live without the government, so it got closed.
Major Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 am

Night Strike wrote:You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

A lot of people who are on assistance now or on it because the private sector cut jobs. But I do notice one change in your position high lighted above. When have you become an advocate for jobs necessary for self-sufficiency?

So in the time it takes for government to move out of the way and the private sector to create those jobs of self-sufficiency what are the jobless supposed?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

A lot of people who are on assistance now or on it because the private sector cut jobs. But I do notice one change in your position high lighted above. When have you become an advocate for jobs necessary for self-sufficiency?

So in the time it takes for government to move out of the way and the private sector to create those jobs of self-sufficiency what are the jobless supposed?

Go to private charities which help with the jobless.

But there's more to it when the federal government is "out of the way."

You don't have federally mandated minimum wage, so as it's set in a competitive environment, you'll see some variance in the amount of unemployed due to different minimum wage laws.

You won't have one-size-fits-all regulation which increases the startup and transaction costs of creating/expanding businesses or even providing basic services which the federal government used to provide (no more crowding out).

etc.

Then we can simply ask you the same question when the federal government cuts its spending, and if your answer is not sufficient (according to our ideologies), then we'll conclude that the government must continue spending 30+% of GDP of "essential" services. We'll also assume that the private sector would not provide enough of such goods, and that it couldn't be as efficient.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am

Evil Semp wrote:

I'm not a proponent of a "living wage" that Player is always crying for. People should get paid based on the talents they provide for the company. If people don't provide a talent to the company worth living off a single paycheck, then they're going to have to find a second job or a new job. It's not the company's job to pay them more out of pity.

And we have to wean people off government dependency. We have to cut back the 99 weeks of unemployment paychecks and start cutting back the amount of welfare distributed to people who are able to work yet aren't. It's not the government's job to provide a living to those who simply choose not to work, nor is it supposed to be a bailout to people who can't find work, beyond the unemployment money the companies had already contributed.
Major Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

I'm not a proponent of a "living wage" that Player is always crying for. People should get paid based on the talents they provide for the company. If people don't provide a talent to the company worth living off a single paycheck, then they're going to have to find a second job or a new job. It's not the company's job to pay them more out of pity.

And we have to wean people off government dependency. We have to cut back the 99 weeks of unemployment paychecks and start cutting back the amount of welfare distributed to people who are able to work yet aren't. It's not the government's job to provide a living to those who simply choose not to work, nor is it supposed to be a bailout to people who can't find work, beyond the unemployment money the companies had already contributed.

If someone can't find a job and runs out of benefits what are they supposed to do? Tough luck? Go hungry? If you don't care about them, and that is the impression I get from your posts why should they care? Let them steal to get money? I am not a proponent of the government just throwing money at people for nothing, but saying tough luck to those who are having a tough time just doesn't sound right to me.

How do we wean people off government dependency? Why aren't you a proponent of people making a living wage?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,