<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Why did you laugh?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


One reason is that he enjoys trying to get a rise out of you and others.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.


Again....so? People who actually pay attention to Romney know that this has always been his plan. There's nothing new here. Obama always claims that Romney's plans will only end up in massive tax cuts to "the rich", yet he always ignores that Romney plans to cut deductions. Romney's simply pointing out the reality of the plan that Obama continues to distort.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.


Again....so?


You don't think that someone who doesn't like Romney (as Juan clearly doesn't) wouldn't find that funny? Why not? It seems pretty basic.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm sure that crowd of Middle Class Americans with their $77,000 tax-credit Dressage Horses got that message during his speech.

I'm sorry, but his campaign is just so hilarious. I started out thinking Romney was a bad politician who was just.... ambitious. But I don't feel like I need to do a thing to expose him or his policy plans anymore. The man can't go a week without saying something hilariously bad. That man is proof that God wants America to re-elect Barack Obama.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.


Again....so?


You don't think that someone who doesn't like Romney (as Juan clearly doesn't) wouldn't find that funny? Why not? It seems pretty basic.


And as you ignored the rest of my post, he didn't shoot himself in the foot. He stated the truth about his proposals instead of Obama's distortions.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why did you laugh?


Because he essentially shot himself in the foot. Again.


Again....so?


You don't think that someone who doesn't like Romney (as Juan clearly doesn't) wouldn't find that funny? Why not? It seems pretty basic.


And as you ignored the rest of my post, he didn't shoot himself in the foot.


He certainly did. You don't seem to be paying much attention to the response to this story.

Night Strike wrote:He stated the truth about his proposals instead of Obama's distortions.


Even IF this is true, it doesn't at all change the reality of what I'm saying.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Woodruff wrote:He certainly did. You don't seem to be paying much attention to the response to this story.


You mean there is a story behind his pretty picture? Maybe he should have posted actual links.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Dude lol this
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:He certainly did. You don't seem to be paying much attention to the response to this story.


You mean there is a story behind his pretty picture? Maybe he should have posted actual links.


It would have been a lot more effective to have simply typed "You are correct.".
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:52 pm

The Cherokee Nation is disappointed in and denounces the disrespectful actions of staffers and supporters of Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown. The conduct of these individuals goes far beyond what is appropriate and proper in political discourse. The use of stereotypical “war whoop chants” and “tomahawk chops” are offensive and downright racist. It is those types of actions that perpetuate negative stereotypes and continue to minimize and degrade all native peoples.

The individuals involved in this unfortunate incident are high ranking staffers in both the senate office and the Brown campaign. A campaign that would allow and condone such offensive and racist behavior must be called to task for their actions.

The Cherokee Nation is a modern, productive society, and I am blessed to be their chief. I will not be silent when individuals mock and insult our people and our great nation.

We need individuals in the United States Senate who respect Native Americans and have an understanding of tribal issues. For that reason, I call upon Sen. Brown to apologize for the offensive actions of his staff and their uneducated, unenlightened and racist portrayal of native peoples.


http://samuel-warde.com/2012/09/cheroke ... offensive/

User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:The Cherokee Nation is disappointed in and denounces the disrespectful actions of staffers and supporters of Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown. The conduct of these individuals goes far beyond what is appropriate and proper in political discourse. The use of stereotypical “war whoop chants” and “tomahawk chops” are offensive and downright racist. It is those types of actions that perpetuate negative stereotypes and continue to minimize and degrade all native peoples.

The individuals involved in this unfortunate incident are high ranking staffers in both the senate office and the Brown campaign. A campaign that would allow and condone such offensive and racist behavior must be called to task for their actions.

The Cherokee Nation is a modern, productive society, and I am blessed to be their chief. I will not be silent when individuals mock and insult our people and our great nation.

We need individuals in the United States Senate who respect Native Americans and have an understanding of tribal issues. For that reason, I call upon Sen. Brown to apologize for the offensive actions of his staff and their uneducated, unenlightened and racist portrayal of native peoples.


http://samuel-warde.com/2012/09/cheroke ... offensive/[/quote]

Yes, this was a thoroughly stupid thing for them to do. No question about it, and the Cherokee nation has every right to criticize them for it.

By the same token, the primary chief of the Cherokee nation happens to be a Democrat who spoke at the DNC. So while I think he's right in saying what he says, I find myself seriously questioning his individual motives in doing so.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Night Strike on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Scott Brown's campaign did not condone those actions as the statement claims.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Image



Image





Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Juan_Bottom and 4 guests

Login