<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Awww, normally I'd agree with you, but I thought that it was pretty relevant to his character because Allen West is part of the Republican War on Women.

Allen West wrote:“We need you to come in and lock shields to strengthen up the men that will go into the fight for you. To let these other women know, on the other side, these Planned Parenthood women, the Code Pink women, and all of these women who have been neutering American men and bringing us to the point of this incredible weakness, to let them know that we are not going to have our men become subservient.”

Now his own wife can't even negotiate what deviant sex acts he does to her body.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Night Strike on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:the Republican War on Women.

Doesn't exist.

By the way, you should post the ad where Allen West received his deployment orders and was preparing his troops for that deployment on the same night his opponent was arrested for disorderly conduct in a bar.
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Why in the hell would anyone who agrees with Ron Paul here ever vote for Mitt Romney OR Barack Obama? I just don't get it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BbIPbLSRw&feature=related
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Awww, normally I'd agree with you, but I thought that it was pretty relevant to his character because Allen West is part of the Republican War on Women.

Allen West wrote:“We need you to come in and lock shields to strengthen up the men that will go into the fight for you. To let these other women know, on the other side, these Planned Parenthood women, the Code Pink women, and all of these women who have been neutering American men and bringing us to the point of this incredible weakness, to let them know that we are not going to have our men become subservient.”

Now his own wife can't even negotiate what deviant sex acts he does to her body.

She can leave. That's a valid part of any negotiation.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:the Republican War on Women.

Doesn't exist.

By the way, you should post the ad where Allen West received his deployment orders and was preparing his troops for that deployment on the same night his opponent was arrested for disorderly conduct in a bar.

Completely and utterly irrelevant.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Almost 2,400 Millionaires Pocketed Unemployment Benefits

“Sending millionaires unemployment checks is a case study in out-of-control spending,” U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, an Oklahoma Republican, said in an e-mail. “Providing welfare to the wealthy undermines the program for those who need it most while burdening future generations with senseless debt.”

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Michele Bachmann (R) Makes Surprise Visit To Synagogue, Congregants Storm Out And Donate To Her Opponent

I felt that the best way to ‘honor’ Ms. Bachmann’s visit was to make a contribution to your campaign. Even though I do not vote in Minnesota, please do everything in your power to take away this evil woman’s soapbox.

The Graves campaign told the Chicago Tribune that it experienced a 400 percent growth in donations from the Chicago area last week, although it’s unclear to what extent the Synagogue attendees are responsible for this.

lololololol

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby john9blue on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

you know juan, i agree with most of your criticisms against the republican party, but it's the fact that you think democrats are so much different that makes you a deluded fool IMO

you criticize millionaires for receiving welfare... and yet the democratic party supports the expansion of welfare. wut??

you just hate rich people. you realize that being rich usually means people greatly value your contributions to society, right?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

I haven't taken a position on millionaires receiving welfare!

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby john9blue on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:22 pm

unemployment benefits are a type of welfare...
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm

john9blue wrote:you know juan, i agree with most of your criticisms against the republican party, but it's the fact that you think democrats are so much different that makes you a deluded fool IMO

you criticize millionaires for receiving welfare... and yet the democratic party supports the expansion of welfare. wut??

you just hate rich people. you realize that being rich usually means people greatly value your contributions to society, right?

I agree with you that it's dumb for millionaires to receive welfare and that expansion of welfare into that direction is stupid. Yet, "expansion of welfare" does not at all necessarily mean that it's expanding in that direction.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 pm

john9blue wrote:you just hate rich people. you realize that being rich usually means people greatly value your contributions to society, right?

If it's EARNED, sure. If it's inherited...not so much.

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:14 pm

So what should be the cut-off in salary for people to receive unemployment benefits?

How do unemployment benefits (and taxes) work?
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 pm

thegreekdog wrote:So what should be the cut-off in salary for people to receive unemployment benefits?

I couldn't really answer that, to be honest. I'm simply not knowledgeable enough. But it seems to me that it would certainly be somewhere below "millionaire".

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So what should be the cut-off in salary for people to receive unemployment benefits?

I couldn't really answer that, to be honest. I'm simply not knowledgeable enough. But it seems to me that it would certainly be somewhere below "millionaire".

Is the designation "millionaire" determined with reference to salary (before the person is unemployed) or net worth?

The reason I'm asking these questions is that, thus far in this thread, unemployment compensation is being viewed as a form of welfare. And I suppose it is. But it's a little different, I think, than how I think it's being characterized in this thread.

Unemployment comepnsation is funded by companies who have employees through federal and state unemployment taxes. This is not something where you (Woodruff) are paying taxes that go to millionaires for unemployment. Companies that employ people are paying a percentage of what they pay people to the unemployment funds so that if and when those people are unemployed, the government can pay out of the unemployment fund. It is more like employer-paid social security than anything else.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Is the designation "millionaire" determined with reference to salary (before the person is unemployed) or net worth?

A valid question.

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Woodruff wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

A valid question.

Because if you make a million and spend 970,000, you're pretty well fucked if you lose your job. If we don't expect someone making $90,000 to start selling assets to pay for unemployment, I'm not sure we can treat millionaires differently. Or maybe we can.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 pm

To the OP, nothing compared to what they once were. Bunch of hacks.
Now is not the time to divide ourselves, to relish in letters by men long dead. Now is the time to come and work together in order to bring this country onto the right track. We are all citizens of this country, it is time to treat eachother as equals.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 pm

... Yeah... that's pretty bad.

... Proof enough though that you cannot lump Tea Party members in one basket. I am hard-core conservative, avid Tea Part activist, and I am in total agreement with you that this man's position is a travesty.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... s-children
The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

dafuq?

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellioius children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21:

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

dafuq?

Not just on that issue, but overall...that guy seems a little strung out.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

That dude is crazy.

Here is his buddy though;

Loy Mauch, Arkansas Lawmaker, Defended Slavery In Letters To The Editor

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?

Interesting point.

Exodus 21:7 wrote:And if a man sells his daughter to be a female slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. If she does not please her master, who has betrothed her to himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt deceitfully with her. And if he has betrothed her to his son, he shall deal with her according to the custom of daughters. If he takes another wife, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, and her marriage rights.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Arkansas Republican endorses death penalty for children

dafuq?

Not just on that issue, but overall...that guy seems a little strung out.

... This has to be a Modest Proposal type of thing, no? If not, this man should be locked up.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Free speech. Can't lock him up until he stones his grandchild to death or whatever.

Clan Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five