<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:41 am

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby john9blue on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

so now we're down to EMPLOYEES of gop-HIRED groups?

btw, everyone knows that the GOP commits voter fraud by now.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Whoops. That's basically just a repeat of the same story that happened in Florida. I meant to post that on another site, but instead I posted:

State Budget Cuts Force West Texas Planned Parenthood Clinic To Close

- which made no sense at all in the conversation about voter fraud.

Good catch. I had too many window's open. I don't even know how I did this. :oops:

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Also, just lolololol @ this Tagg Romney thing. I can't believe he said he wanted to punch Obama.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 pm

That's what happens when you live off the government.
Captain Night Strike

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

That's what happens when you're born a woman.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:That's what happens when you're born a woman.

Women being born caused a Planned Parenthood location to close?

Actually, that might be true.
Captain Night Strike

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 pm

When you're born a woman, you are born a slave to your own reproductive cycle. Well, you know what I mean.

Clan Achievement (3)

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Night Strike wrote:

I get the feeling that you think anyone who takes government assistance is "living off the government." I will agree that there are people who will gladly sit at home and be happy taking what the government will give them. However I feel many who are getting government assistance would love to be self sufficient. So I ask this question. How do you propose getting the people off government assistance? I am not asking about the one who are happy taking assistance just the ones who want to be self sufficient.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I get the feeling that you think anyone who takes government assistance is "living off the government." I will agree that there are people who will gladly sit at home and be happy taking what the government will give them. However I feel many who are getting government assistance would love to be self sufficient. So I ask this question. How do you propose getting the people off government assistance? I am not asking about the one who are happy taking assistance just the ones who want to be self sufficient.

You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

Also, if Planned Parenthood was providing such a vital service, people would have given them money instead of them getting their funds from the government. Obviously this location couldn't live without the government, so it got closed.
Captain Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 am

Night Strike wrote:You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

A lot of people who are on assistance now or on it because the private sector cut jobs. But I do notice one change in your position high lighted above. When have you become an advocate for jobs necessary for self-sufficiency?

So in the time it takes for government to move out of the way and the private sector to create those jobs of self-sufficiency what are the jobless supposed?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:31 am

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:You get people off government assistance by getting the government out of the way of the private sector which creates the jobs necessary for self-sufficiency.

A lot of people who are on assistance now or on it because the private sector cut jobs. But I do notice one change in your position high lighted above. When have you become an advocate for jobs necessary for self-sufficiency?

So in the time it takes for government to move out of the way and the private sector to create those jobs of self-sufficiency what are the jobless supposed?

Go to private charities which help with the jobless.

But there's more to it when the federal government is "out of the way."

You don't have federally mandated minimum wage, so as it's set in a competitive environment, you'll see some variance in the amount of unemployed due to different minimum wage laws.

You won't have one-size-fits-all regulation which increases the startup and transaction costs of creating/expanding businesses or even providing basic services which the federal government used to provide (no more crowding out).

etc.

Then we can simply ask you the same question when the federal government cuts its spending, and if your answer is not sufficient (according to our ideologies), then we'll conclude that the government must continue spending 30+% of GDP of "essential" services. We'll also assume that the private sector would not provide enough of such goods, and that it couldn't be as efficient.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:33 am

Evil Semp wrote:

I'm not a proponent of a "living wage" that Player is always crying for. People should get paid based on the talents they provide for the company. If people don't provide a talent to the company worth living off a single paycheck, then they're going to have to find a second job or a new job. It's not the company's job to pay them more out of pity.

And we have to wean people off government dependency. We have to cut back the 99 weeks of unemployment paychecks and start cutting back the amount of welfare distributed to people who are able to work yet aren't. It's not the government's job to provide a living to those who simply choose not to work, nor is it supposed to be a bailout to people who can't find work, beyond the unemployment money the companies had already contributed.
Captain Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

I'm not a proponent of a "living wage" that Player is always crying for. People should get paid based on the talents they provide for the company. If people don't provide a talent to the company worth living off a single paycheck, then they're going to have to find a second job or a new job. It's not the company's job to pay them more out of pity.

And we have to wean people off government dependency. We have to cut back the 99 weeks of unemployment paychecks and start cutting back the amount of welfare distributed to people who are able to work yet aren't. It's not the government's job to provide a living to those who simply choose not to work, nor is it supposed to be a bailout to people who can't find work, beyond the unemployment money the companies had already contributed.

If someone can't find a job and runs out of benefits what are they supposed to do? Tough luck? Go hungry? If you don't care about them, and that is the impression I get from your posts why should they care? Let them steal to get money? I am not a proponent of the government just throwing money at people for nothing, but saying tough luck to those who are having a tough time just doesn't sound right to me.

How do we wean people off government dependency? Why aren't you a proponent of people making a living wage?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 am

Evil Semp wrote:If someone can't find a job and runs out of benefits what are they supposed to do? Tough luck? Go hungry? If you don't care about them, and that is the impression I get from your posts why should they care? Let them steal to get money? I am not a proponent of the government just throwing money at people for nothing, but saying tough luck to those who are having a tough time just doesn't sound right to me.

How do we wean people off government dependency? Why aren't you a proponent of people making a living wage?

Because it's not the government's job to define how much a person should be paid. It's the business and the employee who decide how much a worker should get paid. If a person doesn't do work worth $20 per hour, why should they be paid that much? The government can't define what a "living wage" is because people are able to live on completely different wages. Heck, the government, including player, believes things like big screen tv, high speed internet, and smartphone are basic necessities that should be paid for by the government if a person doesn't make enough money to pay for one themselves.

As for helping those in need, that's what private charities are for. When you tax people less, they'll have more money available to donate to private charities and to help other individuals. We don't need a faceless bureaucracy adding money to a debit card: we need charities that will directly help people and get them up on their feet to be self-sustaining. The government can't do that.
Captain Night Strike

Postby patches70 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 pm

I had dinner the other night with a really liberal couple from work. They droned on and on about how great Obama and Democrats are, much to my complete boredom. Afterward their 12 year old daughter was dancing around and saying-
"I can't wait until I grow up and become President. Then I'll be able to feed and clothe all the poor people!"

Her parents were tickled pink and quite proud of their little angel. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to teach the kid and the parents a little lesson. I said to the girl-

"Hold on now, little one. You don't need to wait until you're President to do those things. I tell you what, tomorrow, you come over to my house. Mow my grass, water the hedges, weed the flower beds and wash my car. I'll give you $50 then drive you down to the grocery store where all the homeless people hang out. Then you can give your $50 to one of them and he can get food and clothes."

The kid thinks for a minute and says-
"That's stupid. Why don't you just get one of them to do all that stuff?"

I replied-
"Welcome to the Republican party."
Corporal patches70

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm

hahah!
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Also, just lolololol @ this Tagg Romney thing. I can't believe he said he wanted to punch Obama.

Uh...what?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Uh...what?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

They should just get a job, you hippie marxist communist!

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

And we have to wean people off government dependency. We have to cut back the 99 weeks of unemployment paychecks and start cutting back the amount of welfare distributed to people who are able to work yet aren't.

So companies shouldn't pay them a living wage, but the government shouldn't assist them to allow them to survive. Just...f*ck em, right?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Woodruff wrote:So companies shouldn't pay them a living wage, but the government shouldn't assist them to allow them to survive. Just...f*ck em, right?

No, that's not what I said. If a person does not make enough money for the life they want to live, then they need to find a second job or find a higher paying job. It's the individual's responsibility, not the government's or a business's.

patches70 wrote:I had dinner the other night with a really liberal couple from work. They droned on and on about how great Obama and Democrats are, much to my complete boredom. Afterward their 12 year old daughter was dancing around and saying-
"I can't wait until I grow up and become President. Then I'll be able to feed and clothe all the poor people!"

Her parents were tickled pink and quite proud of their little angel. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to teach the kid and the parents a little lesson. I said to the girl-

"Hold on now, little one. You don't need to wait until you're President to do those things. I tell you what, tomorrow, you come over to my house. Mow my grass, water the hedges, weed the flower beds and wash my car. I'll give you $50 then drive you down to the grocery store where all the homeless people hang out. Then you can give your $50 to one of them and he can get food and clothes."

The kid thinks for a minute and says-
"That's stupid. Why don't you just get one of them to do all that stuff?"

I replied-
"Welcome to the Republican party."

That's hilarious! What did her parents say?
Captain Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:So companies shouldn't pay them a living wage, but the government shouldn't assist them to allow them to survive. Just...f*ck em, right?

No, that's not what I said. If a person does not make enough money for the life they want to live, then they need to find a second job or find a higher paying job. It's the individual's responsibility, not the government's or a business's.

Because jobs are a dime a dozen, right? Just...f*ck em, right? Sorry Night Strike, but that's what you said...I just didn't use words you like to say the same thing.

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five