Showing ID to Vote

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should ya have to show ID when you vote?

Yes
64%
Kinda
7%
IDK
3%
Not Really
5%
No
20%

Total votes : 59

Re: Showing ID to Vote

Postby jimboston on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

Symmetry wrote:... if you're interested in the other side of the debate.

Though I'm not.

As far as I'm concerned, any legitimate reason for NOT having a Voter ID Law can be overcome with free ID's.

Everyone should have access to a gov't provided picture ID.
Everyone should be required to show a gov't provided picture ID at certain times... of which voting is one of them.

What percentage of people who claim they can't get ID's drink alcohol? Ever?
How did they obtain said alcohol without a picture ID?
Certainly now that they are 40+ they aren't "carded"... but I bet a lot drank when they were younger.

How do these poor people access state provided housing or food stamps? I am assuming anyone too poor to pay for an ID is on the public dole... no? How do we know they're not on the dole multiple times? if they have no ID they could be collecting benefits under 5 different names with no ID for each name.

They idea that you can vote or have access to any gov't provided free shit without an ID is ludicrous.
Private jimboston

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 am

If voter ID laws are unnecessary, thus wasteful, in small localities, then should voter ID laws be applied everywhere?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

jimboston wrote:

Though I'm not.

As far as I'm concerned, any legitimate reason for NOT having a Voter ID Law can be overcome with free ID's.

Everyone should be required to show a gov't provided picture ID at certain times... of which voting is one of them.

Certainly now that they are 40+ they aren't "carded"... but I bet a lot drank when they were younger.

How do these poor people access state provided housing or food stamps? I am assuming anyone too poor to pay for an ID is on the public dole... no? How do we know they're not on the dole multiple times? if they have no ID they could be collecting benefits under 5 different names with no ID for each name.

They idea that you can vote or have access to any gov't provided free shit without an ID is ludicrous.

That you think the right to vote is "gov't provided free shit" should be a warning sign about how you view the role of government,

That you're not interested in the other side of the debate is disturbing.

That you equate voting rights with purchasing a beer is odd.

That you think the government should have a database of every citizen verges on fascism.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:05 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:If voter ID laws are unnecessary, thus wasteful, in small localities, then should voter ID laws be applied everywhere?

I don't think they should be applied everywhere. I think that people should have the choice everywhere to democratically decide if they want voter ID or not, depending on each's circumstances
Dukasaur wrote:You can save yourself a lot of angst if you turn off CNN.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Though I'm not.

That you think the right to vote is "gov't provided free shit" should be a warning sign about how you view the role of government,

That you think the government should have a database of every citizen verges on fascism.

It's not disturbing for one important reason. Voter ID is common sense

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby jimboston on Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:

Though I'm not.

It's nice to see that you feel comfortable responding without actually reading my post.

Thanks for that. :)
Private jimboston

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 am

So, according to these arguments, Nelson Mandela was a racist and equivalent of a slave holder.......

(insert Willy Wonka)

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Previous

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?