Conquer Club

Showing ID to Vote

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should ya have to show ID when you vote?

Total votes : 0

Re: Showing ID to Vote

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... If you go to the government website of many states, and look up how, and what it takes to get an ID... nobody has any excuse to bitch about not having one.

... So simple, monkeys could do it... at least in what I've looked at thus far - Texas, Florida, Ohio, Arizona and Connecticut.

... What, exactly, is preventing people from getting them? I going to need specific answers, because unless we're discussing complete idiots, or perhaps the dead, I can't see how it would present any difficulty.

Ah "monkeys", didn't take long for that one to come out of the closet.

It's not an uncommon turn of phrase, you realize.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... If you go to the government website of many states, and look up how, and what it takes to get an ID... nobody has any excuse to bitch about not having one.

... So simple, monkeys could do it... at least in what I've looked at thus far - Texas, Florida, Ohio, Arizona and Connecticut.

... What, exactly, is preventing people from getting them? I going to need specific answers, because unless we're discussing complete idiots, or perhaps the dead, I can't see how it would present any difficulty.

True, but difficult not to notice when brought up in a thread about voter laws.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

True, but difficult not to notice when brought up in a thread about voter laws.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Did you think he meant it in a racist way? Because I'm not seeing that, to be honest.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:10 pm

It's nice that you tend towards the more generous interpretation, I tend toward the more cynical. In a thread about the potential disfranchisement of black people, via ID laws, saying that it's so simple to get an ID even a "monkey" can do it, raises a red flag.

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Symmetry wrote:It's nice that you tend towards the more generous interpretation, I tend toward the more cynical. In a thread about the potential disfranchisement of black people, via ID laws, saying that it's so simple to get an ID even a "monkey" can do it, raises a red flag.

This is the second time in two weeks that you've called someone a racist or bigot for something that was neither racist or bigoted. What the f*ck is wrong with you?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:It's nice that you tend towards the more generous interpretation, I tend toward the more cynical. In a thread about the potential disfranchisement of black people, via ID laws, saying that it's so simple to get an ID even a "monkey" can do it, raises a red flag.

This is the second time in two weeks that you've called someone a racist or bigot for something that was neither racist or bigoted. What the f*ck is wrong with you?

I'm off my game? I'll try to step back up to the plate.

That's a baseball metaphor.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:01 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

He's a Leftist.

Every single issue is first filtered through race/gender/class. Everything else is secondary
Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

He's a Leftist. End of story

Every single thing is filtered through race/gender/class first, not last.

... No, he knows I am correct, and is attempting to distract and discredit (the typical leftist move when cornered) - get everybody to look the other way.

... I am so right, and he just cannot accept that.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

He's a Leftist. End of story

Every single thing is filtered through race/gender/class first, not last.

... No, he knows I am correct, and is attempting to distract and discredit (the typical leftist move when cornered) - get everybody to look the other way.

... I am so right, and he just cannot accept that.

Well, yeah. It's still bothersome.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Far right, disturbingly so...
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jimboston on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:09 am

Reported for posting offensive / racist picture.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:59 am

jimboston wrote:

Reported for posting offensive / racist picture.

Good luck with that.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby keiths31 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 am

You have hit a new low. Out of all your accusations on this board, this one was probably the most absurd.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:04 am

keiths31 wrote:

You have hit a new low. Out of all your accusations on this board, this one was probably the most absurd.

How so?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby keiths31 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 am

Symmetry wrote:
keiths31 wrote:

How so?

Because you took a very common phrase, that people all over the world use on a daily bases, and turned it into a race issue. No one else read into it what you did. No one. So either you are the smartest person on CC, or you are a shit disturber that likes making easy accusations thinking you are serving the better good by pointing out how wrong and racist everyone else is. I lean more to the latter.

It is far to easy to accuse someone of being racist and having them have to defend themselves as to why they aren't. You must really enjoy what you do...

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 am

keiths31 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
keiths31 wrote:

How so?

Because you took a very common phrase, that people all over the world use on a daily basis, and turned it into a race issue. No one else read into it what you did. No one. So either you are the smartest person on CC, or you are a shit disturber that likes making easy accusations thinking you are serving the better good by pointing out how wrong and racist everyone else is. I lean more to the latter.

It is far to easy to accuse someone of being racist and having them have to defend themselves as to why they aren't. You must really enjoy what you do...

It was a race issue long before I touched it.

I also fixed the spelling mistake in your post.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby keiths31 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 am

Symmetry wrote:

Oh my! Thanks! I had you pegged all wrong! You are the bestest!!!!!

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 am

keiths31 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Oh my! Thanks! I had you pegged all wrong! You are the bestest!!!!!

Happy to help.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 am

Wait, was that sarcasm?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:55 am

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 pm

I understand what you're getting at, I suppose...but I just totally don't see it, in this particular case.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:This is the second time in two weeks that you've called someone a racist or bigot for something that was neither racist or bigoted. What the f*ck is wrong with you?

He's a Leftist.

Every single issue is first filtered through race/gender/class. Everything else is secondary

Are you trying to convince us that you're a Leftist, then?

(I also like how all the conservatives let that go...)

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:47 pm

http://www.startribune.com/politics/sta ... ml?refer=y

election 2012
Minnesota Poll: Passage of Voter ID shows 12-point edge

The Tea Party has majorities in both the House of Representatives and the Senate here, and we have immediately balanced our budget (-6.2 billion) and returned a small surplus. Ron Paul Republicans DOMINATE the Republican Party in Minnesota.

related to another post concerning Minnesota's status as a swing state, since the Democrats have made their opposition to this common sense issue, and since it looks like we are also passing the traditional marriage amendment, there is a good shot Minnesota is no longer a purple state, and may even be an official red state.

Hey, it just happened in Wisconsin!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Phatscotty wrote:http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/176058561.html?refer=y

election 2012
Minnesota Poll: Passage of Voter ID shows 12-point edge

The Tea Party has majorities in both the House of Representatives and the Senate here, and we have immediately balanced our budget (-6.2 billion) and returned a small surplus. Ron Paul Republicans DOMINATE the Republican Party in Minnesota.

The Republican Party has made it clear that the term "Ron Paul Republicans" is an oxymoron.

Phatscotty wrote:related to another post concerning Minnesota's status as a swing state, since the Democrats have made their opposition to this common sense issue, and since it looks like we are also passing the traditional marriage amendment

I think this is why you won't vote for Gary Johnson. Your religiousity won't allow you to let those damn homosexuals gain anything, amirite?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Minnesota and 12 other states have made it crystal clear that it isn't, and that the Republicans of yesterday will go the way of the Dinosaurs, and the people have taken matters into their own hands to see that the new breed of Republicans are more Liberty oriented and more fiscally Conservative.

Guess who is going to try to take Amy Klobuchars US senate seat from Minnesota? It's a Ron Paul endorsed Republican, which should be enough to make him a "Ron Paul Republican".

We are going to have some Ron Paul Republicans in the Senate and even more in the House. We beat Republicans in the primaries the way Liberals only dream they could.

BTW, are you seriously mouthpiecing for "The Republican Party"? Lmao! Like a guy who is trying to kick out the Bush Republicans and has done more than mostly anyone to actually change the party on a local level GIVES A FLYING f*ck what "The Republican Party" says...
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,