Conquer Club

Showing ID to Vote

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should ya have to show ID when you vote?

Total votes : 0

Re: Showing ID to Vote

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:06 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Have I? All attempts? Based on this one single issue? The projections are that this will pay for itself

What projections and exactly how is this "saving money" supposed to work for a program that is not about generating money at all?

less prosecutions, less time in court, less lawyer fees, less investigation, less interviewing, less tracking down people. But it's not about saving money, it's about voter fraud and making sure every vote counts. I only shared that the legislature tried to craft reform in a way that does not cost a lot of money for people who are concerned about fiscal issues....

I posted the projections a few pages back.

Just curious though Player, do you agree that holding elections are a legitimate function to be expected from the government?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Have I? All attempts? Based on this one single issue? The projections are that this will pay for itself

You keep saying this, yet it makes absolutely no sense at all. Both thegreekdog and I have asked you to back up this claim and how it can possibly save money, and you keep refusing to provide that information. I think you're just making shit up out of desperation, frankly.

Phatscotty wrote:Contradict yourself in the same post much? Notice your are admitting flat out that it is you yourself that got absorbed.

He's done no such thing, Mr Paul. I guess when you change a last name for a first name, they look the same to you?

That post was to someone else, not you. I 'm sorry you're so confused, Woodruff.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

You keep saying this, yet it makes absolutely no sense at all. Both thegreekdog and I have asked you to back up this claim and how it can possibly save money, and you keep refusing to provide that information. I think you're just making shit up out of desperation, frankly.

Phatscotty wrote:Contradict yourself in the same post much? Notice your are admitting flat out that it is you yourself that got absorbed.

He's done no such thing, Mr Paul. I guess when you change a last name for a first name, they look the same to you?

That post was to someone else, not you. I 'm sorry you're so confused, Woodruff.

I'm sorry you're so unwilling to answer reasonable questions.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Haha, that's rich coming from you!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm

BBS is starting to take a commanding lead in the polls.

BBS 2012

Stop crying and get logical.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:37 pm

Statewide, Republican voter registration in California is in decline. Thirty percent of voters are now listed as Republican as opposed to 32% in 2008. It was awfully suspicious, then, when GOP registrations in Riverside County jumped by 35,000 this year, seemingly giving them an advantage of 51,000 voters over Democrats. It turns out that thousands of Democrats have been re-registered as Republicans without their permission.

A Republican voter outreach program named ‘The Golden State Voter Participation Project’ stationed workers outside of stores and welfare offices to sign people up. Democratic activists are alleging fraud and have given the county registrar of voters 133 affidavits from Democrats, many of whom are Latino or African American, who state that they were wrongly re-registered as Republicans. Many were presented with documents that were misrepresented. One thought he was signing a petition to lower the price of gasoline, another that he was supporting the legalization of marijuana. Some were promised free cigarettes in exchange for signing.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/01 ... ter-fraud/

This part was hilarious, and is the reason why I posted this:
Candidate Richard Roth, who is running for state Senate against the Republican incumbent, is making the alleged fraud a campaign issue. After all, in an unfortunate development for the GOP, Roth is one of the victims whose registration was changed to Republican. He complains that the drive was manned by paid signature collectors who received $7 for every signature, and that his opponent voted against a measure that would ban ‘bounty hunter’ registrations.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:00 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Statewide, Republican voter registration in California is in decline. Thirty percent of voters are now listed as Republican as opposed to 32% in 2008. It was awfully suspicious, then, when GOP registrations in Riverside County jumped by 35,000 this year, seemingly giving them an advantage of 51,000 voters over Democrats. It turns out that thousands of Democrats have been re-registered as Republicans without their permission.

A Republican voter outreach program named ‘The Golden State Voter Participation Project’ stationed workers outside of stores and welfare offices to sign people up. Democratic activists are alleging fraud and have given the county registrar of voters 133 affidavits from Democrats, many of whom are Latino or African American, who state that they were wrongly re-registered as Republicans. Many were presented with documents that were misrepresented. One thought he was signing a petition to lower the price of gasoline, another that he was supporting the legalization of marijuana. Some were promised free cigarettes in exchange for signing.

Candidate Richard Roth, who is running for state Senate against the Republican incumbent, is making the alleged fraud a campaign issue. After all, in an unfortunate development for the GOP, Roth is one of the victims whose registration was changed to Republican. He complains that the drive was manned by paid signature collectors who received $7 for every signature, and that his opponent voted against a measure that would ban ‘bounty hunter’ registrations.

... Those "bounty hunter" registrations should be banned, complete agreement. 52,000 dead people were registered in Ohio in 2008. Most of those names were registered on those "paid by signature" lists. Gladly, only about 20,000 of those dead people voted.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:25 am

Nobunaga wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:

... Those "bounty hunter" registrations should be banned, complete agreement. 52,000 dead people were registered in Ohio in 2008. Most of those names were registered on those "paid by signature" lists. Gladly, only about 20,000 of those dead people voted.

Quite a claim, can you provide a source?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

You are sorry, because you did not ask any questions that I can see. I'm sorry you are still experiencing such difficulty, Woodruff.

Watch this twice in a row and let me know what you think.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

You are sorry, because you did not ask any questions that I can see.

Does it ever get tiresome?

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm sorry you have so many unanswered questions, Woodruff. Perhaps if you were not such a jerk, things would go easier for you, and people would participate in your conversation. I've told you at least 10 times I don't want anything to do with your trolling, you are foed, and I do not look at your posts or read them.

You, on the other hand, continue responding to my posts, mostly when I am not even talking to you, and you run your foul mouth because you know I am not reading them, and you think if you can be annoying enough and bait enough that I will come out and partake in your childish non-sensical posts. And you still do not even realize that is the definition of trolling, trying to annoy someone and get some kind of response that seems to fulfill the hollow place in your soul. I am trying to talk about voter ID, you are trying to talk about anything but...

You are the one that has made hundreds of posts to me that I do not even bother to read, and worse, you also know I do not read your posts. That is how I know you are motivated and dominated by your fear. It's perfectly normal at the moment amongst other dyed in the wool left-wingers such as yourself.

I think the question of "does it ever get tiresome" relates far more to you and your stalking obsession.

In summation...
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:That post was to someone else, not you. I 'm sorry you're so confused, Woodruff.

I'm sorry you have so many unanswered questions, Woodruff. Perhaps if you were not such a jerk, things would go easier for you, and people would participate in your conversation. I've told you at least 10 times I don't want anything to do with your trolling, you are foed, and I do not look at your posts or read them.

But that's just it, Phatscotty...you obviously DO. Take this one, for instance. You looked at it, you read it, and you responded to it. You read them because you can't help yourself. I don't know why you even bother with the "foeing" thing because you're clearly not dedicated to it. You simply have certain points that you don't want to answer, and so you pretend you haven't seen them because of my being "foed" (but not foed really). So as I said...does it ever get tiresome?

Phatscotty wrote:You, on the other hand, continue responding to my posts, mostly when I am not even talking to you, and you run your foul mouth because you know I am not reading them

But you ARE reading them. How else do you know I'm responding to you? How else do you know you weren't talking to me when I responded? How do you know I'm "running my foul mouth" if you're not reading them?

Phatscotty wrote:You are the one that has made hundreds of posts to me that I do not even bother to read, and worse, you also know I do not read your posts.

Let me get this straight...I've made hundreds of posts to you. You know they were to you, because you didn't read them. That's what you're saying here?

Phatscotty wrote:That is how I know you are motivated and dominated by your fear. It's perfectly normal at the moment amongst other dyed in the wool left-wingers such as yourself.

At least I try very hard not to be an outright liar like you, Phatscotty.

Phatscotty wrote:I think the question of "does it ever get tiresome" relates far more to you and your stalking obsession.

Again, does it ever get tiresome being proven a liar so often?

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:

Quite a claim, can you provide a source?

... Thanks for the check, Sym. It was 5,800 registered, about 2000 voted.

... Got too excited and my memory added zeros!

... move along now... nothing to see here.

... But still, those paid by signature hunters are not helpful.
Last edited by Nobunaga on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:That post was to someone else, not you. I 'm sorry you're so confused, Woodruff.

But that's just it, Phatscotty...you obviously DO. Take this one, for instance. You looked at it, you read it, and you responded to it. You read them because you can't help yourself. I don't know why you even bother with the "foeing" thing because you're clearly not dedicated to it. You simply have certain points that you don't want to answer, and so you pretend you haven't seen them because of my being "foed" (but not foed really). So as I said...does it ever get tiresome?

If you weren't trolling, you would concede that this is the one time I looked at your post. I assumed that would be a given, since we should both be able to agree that the conversation we are having means that I indeed have looked at your post. :lol:

Don't flatter yourself by fantasizing that I look at anything else you write.....I assure you, I ignore 99.9% of it. I truly have no interest in what the village troll says.

I'm sorry you feel the need to take cheap shots so often that do not even make any sense, Woodruff.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I'm sorry you're so unwilling to answer reasonable questions.

If you weren't trolling, you would concede that this is the one time I looked at your post. I assumed that would be a given, since we should both be able to agree that the conversation we are having means that I indeed have looked at your post. :lol:

Ah, only looked at one single, solitary post. Of course!

Phatscotty wrote:Don't flatter yourself by fantasizing that I look at anything else you write.....I assure you, I ignore 99.9% of it. I truly have no interest in what the village troll says.
I'm sorry you feel the need to take cheap shots so often that do not even make any sense, Woodruff.

I'm sorry you seem to believe I'm taking cheap shots at you when you claim that you're not reading my posts often enough to know that I'm taking cheap shots. You're like a case study in dishonest bullshit.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:10 am

If you weren't a troll, you would foe me

One of the very few things you will never be able to dodge
Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 am

... I found a list of things requiring a photo ID in most states, certainly not all-inclusive.

... Following arguments here, I have concluded that every one of these items is absolutely oppressive, and motivated by a combination of racism and right-wing fanatical thought.

Boarding an airplane
Cashing a check
Driving a motor vehicle
Applying for a business license
Securing employment
Purchasing a house or real estate
Renting a domicile
Renting a motor vehicle
Purchasing a firearm (Includes BB guns)
Applying for a hunting license
Applying for a fishing license
Purchasing alcoholic beverages
Purchasing tobacco or products that contain nicotine
Purchasing a motor vehicle
Initial registration of a motor vehicle
Applying for a building permit
Serving on jury duty
Getting a bank account
Cash transactions of $5000 or greater

... What a truly oppressive society we find ourselves in! :o

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:02 am

Nobunaga wrote:... I found a list of things requiring a photo ID in most states, certainly not all-inclusive.

... Following arguments here, I have concluded that every one of these items is absolutely oppressive, and motivated by a combination of racism and right-wing fanatical thought.

Boarding an airplane
Cashing a check
Driving a motor vehicle
Applying for a business license
Securing employment
Purchasing a house or real estate
Renting a domicile
Renting a motor vehicle
Purchasing a firearm (Includes BB guns)
Applying for a hunting license
Applying for a fishing license
Purchasing alcoholic beverages
Purchasing tobacco or products that contain nicotine
Purchasing a motor vehicle
Initial registration of a motor vehicle
Applying for a building permit
Serving on jury duty
Getting a bank account
Cash transactions of $5000 or greater

... What a truly oppressive society we find ourselves in! :o

... People tend to describe voting as some kind of human right when it is in fact a privilege (a conditional right). Were it an absolute right, we would possess it from the day of our birth, not have it suspended for committing a felony, and quite probably be contained and described in the Bill of Rights. In spite of the political tags, "Voting Rights Act", etc.. it remains a privilege, afforded American citizens only under determined conditions.

You also need to take a test to do many of those things... and that was ruled unconstitutional.

In PA, the law was upheld, but postponed, because too many people would not have enough time to get IDs
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:If you weren't a troll, you would foe me

One of the very few things you will never be able to dodge

That doesn't even make basic sense. But at least you're still reading my posts.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 am

It seems to me that the Republican Party is "the party of projection". I am starting to believe this is intentional...they're the ones cheating, but they're throwing up "Voter ID" to try to stop the cheating...that they're doing. It's like they see this as a method to get it implemented or something. I suppose if you behave badly yourself, you will assume that others behave badly or even more so than you. You will do this even if others do not show any signs of behaving badly:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/04/new-mexico-republican-official-caught-on-video-illegally-teaching-voter-surpression-tactics/

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:It seems to me that the Republican Party is "the party of projection". I am starting to believe this is intentional...they're the ones cheating, but they're throwing up "Voter ID" to try to stop the cheating...that they're doing. It's like they see this as a method to get it implemented or something. I suppose if you behave badly yourself, you will assume that others behave badly or even more so than you. You will do this even if others do not show any signs of behaving badly:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/10/04/new-mexico-republican-official-caught-on-video-illegally-teaching-voter-surpression-tactics/

Oh Romney and co have been doing much more than that:

In 2012 Sproul headed up a company called Strategic Allied Consulting which was hired by the Republican National Committee to conduct voter registration drives in preparation for the 2012 election. On September 27 the RNC announced it was cutting all ties with the company when over 100 suspicious Republican voter registrations from the company were submitted by the firm to Palm Beach County, Florida.[10] The RNC had also hired the company for similar work in Nevada, North Carolina, Colorado and Virginia.[10] Authorities in six Florida counties were investigating suspected registration fraud involving the firm.[11]

The Nation magazine, on September 26, 2012, described Sproul as "infamous for accusations that his firms have committed fraud by tampering with Democratic voter registration forms and suppressing votes." It noted that the Romney campaign, from November of 2011 and ending in March 2012, had hired Sproul. It reported that following this, "there’s evidence that the payments continued, only to a different name," as only months thereafter, and months before the election, Strategic Allied Consulting was registered online and created as a business entity by Sproul. The Nation also reported that Sproul utilized a proxy that prevented others from seeing that his name as the registrant of the site, but that Greg Flynn of BlueNC had taken a screenshot of the Sproul registration of the site for Strategic Allied Consulting before his name was hidden from view.[12]

Furthermore, The Nation reported that Flynn had found that GOP committees in North Carolina, Florida and Colorado had given Sproul large payments, and that "the firm has been aggressively hiring in Nevada, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida." The Nation also found that the California Republican Party had given $430,840 in payments to "Grassroots Outreach, LLC" an organization which, based on the disclosure reported by The Nation, "shares the same address as Sproul's office in Tempe, Arizona." The Nation also found that "Craigslist job postings in California and Colorado use identical language as Strategic Allied Consulting's listings in North Carolina."[12]

After Florida prosecutors began investigating charges of voter fraud related to the company, the RNC said it was severing all ties to it. The RNC had spent $3.1 million with the company through the state committees in 2012.[13]

Link

What began last week as a trickle—a report from the Palm Beach Post that the Florida Republican Party was cutting ties with a firm that turned in "questionable" voter-registration forms in one county—has now grown into a pretty ugly flood. Turns out the Florida GOP paid the firm, Strategic Allied Consulting, to do voter registration, while the Republican National Committee paid the same firm millions to register voters in four other battleground states: Virginia, North Carolina, Nevada, and Colorado. The group allegedly submitted forms with dead voters' information and fake information—and in some cases, may have changed voters' party affiliations to Republican without alerting the voters. More disturbing, the firm the Republicans were paying, Strategic Allied Consulting, is one of several that GOP consultant Nathan Sproul has run over the last decade. Along the way, Sproul's companies have been accused of everything from refusing to register Democratic voters to shredding the voter-registration forms of Democrats. Yet Sproul continued to get lucrative contracts from the GOP. And the conservative media has had precious little to say about it.

The Sound of Crickets: Conservative Sites Silent about GOP Voter-Registration Fraud
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby xeno on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

The voter suppression strategy being used by the Republican Party is a short term gain and a long term loss. If your parent/friend is denied the right to vote the long term effect will be their children never voting for a Republican again. With the Latino demographic growing, this is not a good tactic for the long run. It is a desperate attempt to retain control for the short term.
Private 1st Class xeno

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,