Conquer Club

Pre 9-11 Thinking

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 am

tzor wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:If we still had the color coded terror alert, would it be red right now?

Due to major changes in the composition of the government at the Federal Level, we are officially on CODE PINK at the moment. :twisted:

So Victoria's Secret is in on the corporate boondoggling now. I, for one, welcome our new corporate overlords!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:I think we can all agree to that.

Then why is Ron Paul not the GOP candidate? He was the only guy talking about this stuff.

Because a lot of the people that claim to be libertarians actually just mean "I want low tax rates". They see Paul's stances on the military, the war on drugs, his desire to end the federal reserve and social security, and all of a sudden they don't like libertarianism quite as much.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

and they "don't like it" because they realize that many of those things, contrary to the Phatt-view really contribute to real freedom for most Americans.

Its pretty hard to worry about freedom when your kids are not getting educated, you have trouble putting food on the table and you know that your kids are going to wind up paying for all these wonderful tax breaks out of THEIR pockets, never mind that they did not reap the benefits....

and, oh yeah... but hey, the fact that the 1% is the ONLY group that has done well, that the middle class has SLID amongst all these wonderful tax breaks is just irrelevant. The right wing "factoids" claim that the middle class will do better with more tax breaks and we should all just go ahead and believe it.

I don't think you read Frigidus's post correctly. He was referring to conservative Republican primary voters (the ones who voted for Mitt Romney) and how those people don't want a reduced military or an end to the war on drugs and the federal reserve. He's not referring to your average Democrat. I'm not sure you truly (to borrow your word) understand libertarianism. It's not just about tax cuts.

I believe I read it quite well... People don't want to pay taxes, but they want the things those taxes provide.

Yeah, that's not what it says.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Then why is Ron Paul not the GOP candidate? He was the only guy talking about this stuff.

Because a lot of the people that claim to be libertarians actually just mean "I want low tax rates". They see Paul's stances on the military, the war on drugs, his desire to end the federal reserve and social security, and all of a sudden they don't like libertarianism quite as much.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

and they "don't like it" because they realize that many of those things, contrary to the Phatt-view really contribute to real freedom for most Americans.

Its pretty hard to worry about freedom when your kids are not getting educated, you have trouble putting food on the table and you know that your kids are going to wind up paying for all these wonderful tax breaks out of THEIR pockets, never mind that they did not reap the benefits....

and, oh yeah... but hey, the fact that the 1% is the ONLY group that has done well, that the middle class has SLID amongst all these wonderful tax breaks is just irrelevant. The right wing "factoids" claim that the middle class will do better with more tax breaks and we should all just go ahead and believe it.

I don't think you read Frigidus's post correctly. He was referring to conservative Republican primary voters (the ones who voted for Mitt Romney) and how those people don't want a reduced military or an end to the war on drugs and the federal reserve. He's not referring to your average Democrat. I'm not sure you truly (to borrow your word) understand libertarianism. It's not just about tax cuts.

I believe I read it quite well... People don't want to pay taxes, but they want the things those taxes provide.

WOW someone miss the boat on this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say there are plenty who are still asleep. Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail. We have many god-fearing Christians who want to kill any Muslim or bomb their country into oblivion. There is an knowledge issue here. Shit there are even people in my family that I have to fight against because of the bull shit that they say and they call themselves Christians. :roll:
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:WOW someone miss the boat on this one. I'd say there are plenty who are still asleep. Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail. We have many god-fearing Christians who want to kill any Muslim or bomb their country into oblivion. There is an knowledge issue here. Shit there are even people in my family that I have to fight against because of the bull shit that they say and they call themselves Christians.

I'm pretty sure Player won't be voting for Romney.

As for me, I've made it pretty clear I'm voting for Gary Johnson.

So who are you talking about?

Postby bedub1 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:45 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Are we in a deeper sleep now than we were on September 10th, 2001?

People Jumping from World Trade Center

NEVER forget

What we've "forgotten" is how to be a free nation.

I'll agree to that.

Unbelievably, me too.

The terrorist won already. They didn't manage to take away our freedom. We did it to ourselves. Between the NDAA, the TSA, the NSA spying on American's, we no longer have freedom. Who is worse than a terrorist? The person that reacts improperly and causes more damage than the terrorist ever could have imagined. In this instance, the NDAA, TSA, and NSA are all terrorist organizations/implementations.
Colonel bedub1

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:19 pm

tzor wrote:In most of the Muslim world, the ideal government is a theocracy.

Sadly, that seems to be the push of the conservative right wing in this country as well. Just because its Christianity pushing the rules doesn't mean its not pushing rules.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:22 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote: I believe I read it quite well... People don't want to pay taxes, but they want the things those taxes provide.

Really, then let me requote it for you:
Frigidus wrote:
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:20 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
tzor wrote:In most of the Muslim world, the ideal government is a theocracy.

Sadly, that seems to be the push of the conservative right wing in this country as well. Just because its Christianity pushing the rules doesn't mean its not pushing rules.

wait, what? How are Christians pushing for a theocracy and not Muslims? Oh, because 33 states in America burned down the American flag at their capitals and raised the Christian flag???

I think you have your global hemispheres mixed up
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 pm

bedub1 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Are we in a deeper sleep now than we were on September 10th, 2001?

NEVER forget

I'll agree to that.

Unbelievably, me too.

The terrorist won already. They didn't manage to take away our freedom. We did it to ourselves. Between the NDAA, the TSA, the NSA spying on American's, we no longer have freedom. Who is worse than a terrorist? The person that reacts improperly and causes more damage than the terrorist ever could have imagined. In this instance, the NDAA, TSA, and NSA are all terrorist organizations/implementations.

United we stand, divided (on social issues only?) we fell.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:24 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:I think we can all agree to that.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Again, what is the Phatt-view?
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
WOW someone miss the boat on this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say there are plenty who are still asleep. Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.

who are these people?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote: I believe I read it quite well... People don't want to pay taxes, but they want the things those taxes provide.

Frigidus wrote:

Fucking-a.

The point is that the only thing most Republicans liked about Ron Paul was the "lower taxes." What they didn't like were his stancces on the military, the war on drugs, his desire to end the federal reserve, etc.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Frigidus wrote:

Fucking-a.

The point is that the only thing most Republicans liked about Ron Paul was the "lower taxes." What they didn't like were his stancces on the military, the war on drugs, his desire to end the federal reserve, etc.

Except, the real sum zero bit is when the majority of real wealth is created by trading stocks and holding loans for interest, not selling products or generating real services outside of the financial industry supports. (watering plants in GE offices is a gain... accounting for stockbrockers, not).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Except, the real sum zero bit is when the majority of real wealth is created by trading stocks and holding loans for interest, not selling products or generating real services outside of the financial industry supports. (watering plants in GE offices is a gain... accounting for stockbrockers, not).

Etc.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.

WOW, so a Ron Paul supporter should continue to support Ron Paul even when he is no longer running for office/seeking support?

Or... to follow your brainfart all the way through, are are you saying that if Ron Paul drops out of the race, Ron Paul supports should not vote????? And if they make the intelligent choice to vote for someone who is running for office, then they cannot talk about any other candidate?

Fail is 100% your buddy. Even deeper fail, what the F does this have to do with 9-11??

:-s :-s
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:06 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.

WOW, so a Ron Paul supporter should continue to support Ron Paul even when he is no longer running for office/seeking support?

Or... to follow your brainfart all the way through, are are you saying that if Ron Paul drops out of the race, Ron Paul supports should not vote????? And if they make the intelligent choice to vote for someone who is running for office, then they cannot talk about any other candidate?

Fail is 100% your buddy. Even deeper fail, what the F does this have to do with 9-11??

:-s :-s

You should vote for Gary Johnson who more closely aligns with Ron Paul's political views than Mitt Romney.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:55 am

Phatscotty wrote:
bedub1 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

NEVER forget

I'll agree to that.

Unbelievably, me too.

United we stand, divided (on social issues only?) we fell.

The views you express in these fora are a direct representation of how and why we are divided, so well done on that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:56 am

john9blue wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
WOW someone miss the boat on this one. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say there are plenty who are still asleep. Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.

who are these people?

Seriously?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

A Ron Paul supporter should support the candidate that actually holds Ron Paul's views. You know...Gary Johnson.

Phatscotty wrote:Or... to follow your brainfart all the way through, are are you saying that if Ron Paul drops out of the race, Ron Paul supports should not vote????? And if they make the intelligent choice to vote for someone who is running for office, then they cannot talk about any other candidate?

Do you like to pretend to be stupid, or is it actually not an act?

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:45 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

A Ron Paul supporter should support the candidate that actually holds Ron Paul's views. You know...Gary Johnson.

Ron Paul did make it a point to not endorse Romney, but he also said he wouldn't endorse Gary Johnson or anyone else (maybe looking out for his son's future presidential run).

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

Ron Paul did make it a point to not endorse Romney, but he also said he wouldn't endorse Gary Johnson or anyone else (maybe looking out for his son's future presidential run).

That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
You should vote for Gary Johnson who more closely aligns with Ron Paul's political views than Mitt Romney.

I have been thinking about it for a long time, as he easily best represents my views. There are a couple problems though. I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.

I think he didn't endorse Gary Johnson so that his son wouldn't get screwed over by the Republican Party. I'm more disappointed in Rand Paul than Ron. That being said, most Paulites I know (with some exceptions, e.g. Phattraitor) are voting for Gary Johnson. It's not like we're stupid. "Hmmm... who am I going to vote for? It has to be whomever Ron Paul endorsed. Wait, he didn't endorse anyone? Oh no! Whatever shall I do!"

Phatscotty wrote:I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.

Those are horrendous reasons to vote for Mitt Romney.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:

I think he didn't endorse Gary Johnson so that his son wouldn't get screwed over by the Republican Party. I'm more disappointed in Rand Paul than Ron. That being said, most Paulites I know (with some exceptions, e.g. Phattraitor) are voting for Gary Johnson. It's not like we're stupid. "Hmmm... who am I going to vote for? It has to be whomever Ron Paul endorsed. Wait, he didn't endorse anyone? Oh no! Whatever shall I do!"

Phatscotty wrote:I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.

Those are horrendous reasons to vote for Mitt Romney.

?...reasons to vote for Romney.... :?: are you trolling me?!?

I did not list those as reasons to vote for Romney, I listed those as my thoughts and feelings about Gary Johnson.
Major Phatscotty

Postby tzor on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.

A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.
Cadet tzor

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,