Pre 9-11 Thinking

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.


WOW, so a Ron Paul supporter should continue to support Ron Paul even when he is no longer running for office/seeking support?


A Ron Paul supporter should support the candidate that actually holds Ron Paul's views. You know...Gary Johnson.


Ron Paul did make it a point to not endorse Romney, but he also said he wouldn't endorse Gary Johnson or anyone else (maybe looking out for his son's future presidential run).


That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
You should vote for Gary Johnson who more closely aligns with Ron Paul's political views than Mitt Romney.


I have been thinking about it for a long time, as he easily best represents my views. There are a couple problems though. I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.


WOW, so a Ron Paul supporter should continue to support Ron Paul even when he is no longer running for office/seeking support?


A Ron Paul supporter should support the candidate that actually holds Ron Paul's views. You know...Gary Johnson.


Ron Paul did make it a point to not endorse Romney, but he also said he wouldn't endorse Gary Johnson or anyone else (maybe looking out for his son's future presidential run).


That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.


I think he didn't endorse Gary Johnson so that his son wouldn't get screwed over by the Republican Party. I'm more disappointed in Rand Paul than Ron. That being said, most Paulites I know (with some exceptions, e.g. Phattraitor) are voting for Gary Johnson. It's not like we're stupid. "Hmmm... who am I going to vote for? It has to be whomever Ron Paul endorsed. Wait, he didn't endorse anyone? Oh no! Whatever shall I do!"

Phatscotty wrote:I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.


Those are horrendous reasons to vote for Mitt Romney.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:49 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
Look at some on these forum who say they are staunch Ron Paul supporters but as soon as he doesn't have a chance it is Mitt this and Mitt that. Talk about fail.


WOW, so a Ron Paul supporter should continue to support Ron Paul even when he is no longer running for office/seeking support?


A Ron Paul supporter should support the candidate that actually holds Ron Paul's views. You know...Gary Johnson.


Ron Paul did make it a point to not endorse Romney, but he also said he wouldn't endorse Gary Johnson or anyone else (maybe looking out for his son's future presidential run).


That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.


I think he didn't endorse Gary Johnson so that his son wouldn't get screwed over by the Republican Party. I'm more disappointed in Rand Paul than Ron. That being said, most Paulites I know (with some exceptions, e.g. Phattraitor) are voting for Gary Johnson. It's not like we're stupid. "Hmmm... who am I going to vote for? It has to be whomever Ron Paul endorsed. Wait, he didn't endorse anyone? Oh no! Whatever shall I do!"

Phatscotty wrote:I have never heard of this guy until just recently (1st Republican debate), and I have also come to notice that most of the people I know who support him are complete dickheads.


Those are horrendous reasons to vote for Mitt Romney.


?...reasons to vote for Romney.... :?: are you trolling me?!?

I did not list those as reasons to vote for Romney, I listed those as my thoughts and feelings about Gary Johnson.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby tzor on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.


A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:59 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.


A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.


Probably because he's a Republican. Ron Paul also happens to be a Republican.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

Are we still asleep I asked? Aint no alarm clock that can wake up anything from this deep a slumber...
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

Are we still asleep I asked? Aint no alarm clock that can wake up anything from this deep a slumber...


How about some links?

<looks at poster's name>

Hah, nevermind.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4536
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Well, it's official now. It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya, and he spent most of the time in those 10 days going on David Letterman, partying with Jay-z and Beyonce, hosting the WNBA champions (Minnesota Lynx 8-) ) hanging out in Vegas as well as attending 6 fundraisers, and all the while bitching at his opponent for being wrong..."the Middle East is on fire, but it's just a harmless protest over a video!!!!!"

Are we still asleep I asked? Aint no alarm clock that can wake up anything from this deep a slumber...


How about some links?


Links to what? The terrorist attack in Libya on September 11th? Or links that prove Obama was on Letterman? I would love nothing more than to provide links, but that is a lot of stuff the President has been very, VERY busy). Please state specifically which links you need more information about, and you shall receive with the most joyous of pleasures.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"

and then, why not provide support for 'since he was spending all this time doing other stuff, then [insert your relevant conclusion here].'
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4536
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"'


the last 10 days.....

show


Also, Saxitoxin made a really good thread, and most of this has been documented in there, you should take a look, specifically the first few pages. Lots more information there
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Woodruff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:That really was a pretty sad thing for Paul to do, not endorsing Gary Johnson. I was very disappointed by that.


A lot of libertarians seriously question Johnson's libertarian credentials.


I've heard a bit of it, but I have not heard it being seriously bandied about that much. Which of his proposed policies are in question?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey, PS, thanks for the links. A question came to mind for anyone:

why would the Obama admin dilly-dally about this?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4536
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:00 am

PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX

9/11/01

"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Afghanistan insurgents."
Image

Breaking News: Afghanistan insurgents fly planes into WTC.
Image

"LOL! Woops! Our bad ... never forget, etc."
Image

9/11/12


"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Libyan insurgents."
Image

Breaking News: Libyan insurgents storm consulate, assassinate ambassador.
Image

"LOL! Woops! Our bad ... never forget, etc."
Image



9/11/20


"Idea! We should send guns, money and advanced training to Syrian insurgents."
Image

Breaking News: Syrian insurgents detonate nuke in LA.
Image

"LOL! Woops! Our bad ... never forget, etc."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:05 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, PS, thanks for the links. A question came to mind for anyone:

why would the Obama admin dilly-dally about this?


and right smack in the middle of thee most important campaign in his entire life.....
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:09 pm

saxitoxin wrote:PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX


I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX


I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked


I agree. If the U.S. Government remembered they were attacked because they put short-term gains over long-term interests (instead of letting the Red Army and Afghan government crush a cabal of nutcases - they armed said nutcases to allow them to survive and score a minor tactical victory over the USSR), they wouldn't have stopped Qaddafi from crushing the same cabal of nutcases and wouldn't, right now, be trying to stop Assad from doing the same.

But Brent Scowcroft and Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are all Ivy League educated. They're not stupid; they're aware of these facts. They just have a different, grander, loftier agenda than some middle-aged secretary on the 98th floor of the WTC who is just trying to get out of a burning building alive.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX


I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked


I think more than half of our country is unwilling to accept the reasons why we were attacked, never mind having to remember them.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:39 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:PRE 9-11 THINKING IN PIX


I don't think any people or group or country should ever forget the reasons they were attacked


I agree. If the U.S. Government remembered they were attacked because they put short-term gains over long-term interests (instead of letting the Red Army and Afghan government crush a cabal of nutcases - they armed said nutcases to allow them to survive and score a minor tactical victory over the USSR), they wouldn't have stopped Qaddafi from crushing the same cabal of nutcases and wouldn't, right now, be trying to stop Assad from doing the same.

But Brent Scowcroft and Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are all Ivy League educated. They're not stupid; they're aware of these facts. They just have a different, grander, loftier agenda than some middle-aged secretary on the 98th floor of the WTC who is just trying to get out of a burning building alive.

in this one thing I agree with sax: it is a tragedy that our leadership flat out REFUSES to acknowledge the mistakes of the past and learn from them, but continues on in the same vein... they fall into the very definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
User avatar
Private fadedpsychosis
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: global

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Links shows that "It took our Commander in Chief 10 days to figure out we were hit by a terrorist attack in Libya"'


the last 10 days.....

show


Also, Saxitoxin made a really good thread, and most of this has been documented in there, you should take a look, specifically the first few pages. Lots more information there


I guess I jumped the gun a little bit. Now it is officially official.


Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby 梦龙 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am

it is obvious. US politicians are bought by weapons companies. these companies tell their politicians to start wars and provoke hostilities (afghanistan, libya, pacific nations and more). now the politicians make money for their masters in the arms company HQ.

the usa government are motherfuckers, but sure so is every other government. usa is not worse than anyone else to its own people.

the thing that is so lame about the US government is that it pretends to be moral and noble, policeman of the globe. at least the other dick suckers don't pretend to be anything other than corrupt fascists.
User avatar
New Recruit 梦龙
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 am
Location: 北京

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby 梦龙 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:29 am

like i said though, every government is the same. i don't mean to attack the US government specific, for it is almost no different to any other. the Party are dickswingers.
it is just good to debate these issues frankly, i hope i don't seem hostile.
User avatar
New Recruit 梦龙
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 am
Location: 北京

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby fadedpsychosis on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

梦龙 wrote:the thing that is so lame about the US government is that it pretends to be moral and noble, policeman of the globe. at least the other dick suckers don't pretend to be anything other than corrupt fascists.

I'd argue with you on this point. no govt. out and out says they're assholes, whether they are or not. there's always some excuse (usually bullshit about it being for the greater good).
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
User avatar
Private fadedpsychosis
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: global

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:29 am

His English has vastly improved!

很好啊!
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4536
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Pre 9-11 Thinking

Postby Timminz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Pre 9-11, the rest of the world thought America was great, and was a bit jealous. Post 9-11, the rest of the world hates America's freedom, just because they're jealous.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Major Timminz
 
Posts: 5567
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dario2099

Login