The Great Presidential Debate

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: THE GREAT DEBATE!

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 pm

I thought it was a good debate for both candidates, actually. I sort of felt sorry for the moderator. <grin>

Next time, let's get a couple of good candidates in there (<mumble>...Jill Stein...<grumble>...Gary Johnson).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Mitt Romney wins.

Not even close
Dukasaur wrote:You can save yourself a lot of angst if you turn off CNN.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Mitt Romney wins.

Not even close

A STUNNING statement coming from you. I'm so glad you could make a statement that held real thought.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Not even close

Agreed, but only because Obama was terrible and clearly not prepared. Romney did a great job getting ready for this.

In saying that, Romney really needs to start giving some specifics on his plans if he wants a chance in this. I'm really getting tired of the "budget will be balanced" mantra without any details.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

This confuses me, as I don't remember religion being discussed. I only remember Romney mentioning briefly about keeping religious freedom intact. Which didn't bother me in the slightest.

Was religion actually discussed and I missed it?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Woodruff wrote:One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

This confuses me, as I don't remember religion being discussed. I only remember Romney mentioning briefly about keeping religious freedom intact. Which didn't bother me in the slightest.

That was the only comment I remember.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

Hell if I know, despite it being on right over the kitchen table, I have long since blocked out anything those two morons say whenever they come on TV (political ads or otherwise). My time is better spent stabbing my toes with toothpicks. That and my uncle and aunt out here would occasionally have an outburst at Obama about every other time he spoke. My uncle is private sector, but works with the naval airbase out here, so his job is directly connected to the military, so I can understand him being more than critical of someone who wants to downsize the military.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:

Hell if I know, despite it being on right over the kitchen table, I have long since blocked out anything those two morons say whenever they come on TV (political ads or otherwise). My time is better spent stabbing my toes with toothpicks. That and my uncle and aunt out here would occasionally have an outburst at Obama about every other time he spoke. My uncle is private sector, but works with the naval airbase out here, so his job is directly connected to the military, so I can understand him being more than critical of someone who wants to downsize the military.

You oughta stay out there for Top Gun. It's quite a show. We used to take some of our cadets out there for it.

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

Not even close

Agreed, but only because Obama was terrible and clearly not prepared. Romney did a great job getting ready for this.

In saying that, Romney really needs to start giving some specifics on his plans if he wants a chance in this. I'm really getting tired of the "budget will be balanced" mantra without any details.

Pretty sure he said he'd cut Obamacare and stop funding PBS; combine government agencies and reduce public employment through attrition. Those are a few pieces in balancing the budget though there is still a lot more that needs to happen.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Woodruff wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

You oughta stay out there for Top Gun. It's quite a show. We used to take some of our cadets out there for it.

Well, Saturday I'm heading to Reno for the Wyoming/UNR game, Sunday coming back to Fallon after a stop by Lake Tahoe, and then Tuesday I begin the 1000 mile ride home.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby MegaProphet on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:I thought it was a good debate for both candidates, actually. I sort of felt sorry for the moderator. <grin>

Next time, let's get a couple of good candidates in there (<mumble>...Jill Stein...<grumble>...Gary Johnson).

Agreed, I'm thinking about voting Jill Stein since I found out I have to vote in WY instead of CO.

I didn't think much of this debate, but it should be interesting to see how the rest of them go
Last edited by MegaProphet on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal MegaProphet

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

Not even close

Agreed also. I wish Romney would make the point that presidential candidates should not be making certain promises that will depend on an unknown future Congress's cooperation and legislation and how the executive and the legislative branch will work together.

I too want specifics, but I do not want to hear more empty promises that their position is not able to execute on it's own, or by executive order or signing statements alone...
Dukasaur wrote:You can save yourself a lot of angst if you turn off CNN.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby General Brock II on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Not even close

Pretty sure he said he'd cut Obamacare and stop funding PBS; combine government agencies and reduce public employment through attrition. Those are a few pieces in balancing the budget though there is still a lot more that needs to happen.

He did mention the above, indeed. All grand moves, and he also asserted that healthcare and social services would be returned, largely, to the State to administer. Loved his rhetoric, and I know it's what won elections in times gone by.

Obama looked a little reserved and shaky, I think. He sounded like a squeaky, repetitive wheel, to start, and only gradually improved.

Religion? Only in reference to the Constitution and brief comments of faith. Nothing to be in arms about, for certain.

We shall fight in France. We shall fight on the seas and oceans. We shall fight, with growing confidence and strength in the air. ~ Winston Churchill
Major General Brock II

Medals: 59
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 pm

My favorite part is the Randy Jackson comment at the end:
http://imgur.com/mDrvt

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Not even close

Agreed also. I wish Romney would make the point that presidential candidates should not be making certain promises that will depend on an unknown future Congress's cooperation and legislation and how the executive and the legislative branch will work together.

Don't all Presidential candidates have to do that?

Phatscotty wrote:I too want specifics, but I do not want to hear more empty promises that their position is not able to execute on it's own, or by executive order or signing statements alone...

Gary Johnson has specifics!

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?