The Great Presidential Debate

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby Woodruff on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:It is not a forgone logical conclusion.



You can argue whether or not conception defines if the fetus is a person but as far as whether or not life has begun is a completely different story. Your cute little pictures don't really relate to whether conception is the start of life or not.


By that standard, a sperm is life. Should masturbation be illegal?

(I suppose I may be asking that question of the wrong crowd, now that I think about it.)


Masturbation is quite different than abortion, no? If you are willing to put them in the same category, please elaborate.

and :lol: =D> on your second comment.


You made it clear that what was important was that "life has begun". A sperm is alive.


So do you feel masturbation is different than abortion? I certainly do. Since you made the comparison first, I'll let you explain why you feel they are the same or why they are different.


I simply responded to the statement you made. Do you want to change that statement?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
comic boy wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
For what? I'm still not sure what your point of weighing in here was. Comicboy stated that life didn't begin at conception. You posted a picture of some items and clarified that a worm isn't a dress and an egg is not a chicken (pretty logical), though this had nothing to do with whether life began at conception or not. Now you are saying that you believe sperm and eggs are alive which means you would also believe that life exists at the point of conception. Do you believe life exists at conception?


Interesting that you take exception with my opinion , despite it not being a stand alone statement but simply a rebuttal of Tzors earlier outlandish claim. Are opinions only to be questioned when they clash with your particular bias ?


Do you often question opinions you agree with?


I try to.


Really? Is that why you are usually following the likes of nightstrike, phatscotty, & johnblue questioning their statements?


Did I say I ONLY try to question opinions I agree with?

Perhaps you've not seen me question pimpdave, PLAYER or Juan_Bottom, three individuals with whom I tend to agree on a great many things?

Questioning what they say doesn't mean I'm not going to ultimately agree with them. It means that I consider what they're saying and ask questions about it regarding parts that I may or may not necessarily agree with.


I can't recall a post (let alone multiple) where you have questioned any of those three though I will admit I am not as much of an off topic person as many of the rest of you. I'd say 75% of your posts that I have seen are in response to the three individuals I mentioned.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
You can argue whether or not conception defines if the fetus is a person but as far as whether or not life has begun is a completely different story. Your cute little pictures don't really relate to whether conception is the start of life or not.


By that standard, a sperm is life. Should masturbation be illegal?

(I suppose I may be asking that question of the wrong crowd, now that I think about it.)


Masturbation is quite different than abortion, no? If you are willing to put them in the same category, please elaborate.

and :lol: =D> on your second comment.


You made it clear that what was important was that "life has begun". A sperm is alive.


So do you feel masturbation is different than abortion? I certainly do. Since you made the comparison first, I'll let you explain why you feel they are the same or why they are different.


I simply responded to the statement you made. Do you want to change that statement?


Almost Woody, almost!

Image

So do you care to answer the question now? Do you feel masturbation is different than abortion?

I almost feel like you've taken on the role you have accused Scotty of on many occassion, and I'm playing the role of you!
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:You actually made the comparison first without realizing it.
I tried pointing it out to you.


Really? Where did I say anything about masturbation being comparative to abortion?



Right here:
You can argue whether or not conception defines if the fetus is a person but as far as whether or not life has begun is a completely different story. Your cute little pictures don't really relate to whether conception is the start of life or not.


You should definitely go back to the first picture and re-read all that was said. You've been trapped by your own statements and you don't even realize it. Woody does but I honestly don't think he even cares. He was just off-handily pointing it out to you in a nicer way than I did.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:You actually made the comparison first without realizing it.
I tried pointing it out to you.


Really? Where did I say anything about masturbation being comparative to abortion?



Right here:
You can argue whether or not conception defines if the fetus is a person but as far as whether or not life has begun is a completely different story. Your cute little pictures don't really relate to whether conception is the start of life or not.


You should definitely go back to the first picture and re-read all that was said. You've been trapped by your own statements and you don't even realize it. Woody does but I honestly don't think he even cares. He was just off-handily pointing it out to you in a nicer way than I did.


Weird. I didn't say "masturbation" or "abortion" there.... How can I compare two things when I don't mention either of them?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
comic boy wrote:Interesting that you take exception with my opinion , despite it not being a stand alone statement but simply a rebuttal of Tzors earlier outlandish claim. Are opinions only to be questioned when they clash with your particular bias ?


Do you often question opinions you agree with?


I try to.


Really? Is that why you are usually following the likes of nightstrike, phatscotty, & johnblue questioning their statements?


Did I say I ONLY try to question opinions I agree with?

Perhaps you've not seen me question pimpdave, PLAYER or Juan_Bottom, three individuals with whom I tend to agree on a great many things?

Questioning what they say doesn't mean I'm not going to ultimately agree with them. It means that I consider what they're saying and ask questions about it regarding parts that I may or may not necessarily agree with.


I can't recall a post (let alone multiple) where you have questioned any of those three though I will admit I am not as much of an off topic person as many of the rest of you. I'd say 75% of your posts that I have seen are in response to the three individuals I mentioned.


Hell, pimpdave and I essentially got each other banned at one point from our...uh...entirely non-inflammatory discussions. I've certainly gotten on Juan due to his increasing pimpdavousity, though he's probably the least of the three. And I'm not sure how you've missed PLAYER and I's discussions.

Now, that doesn't mean that a majority of my posts aren't in response to Night Strike, Phatscotty and john9blue (actually, I would say just the first two as the majority). They probably are. That's because they tend to be the most hypocritical on the site (Phatscotty) and the individual I disagree with the most on a personal level (Night Strike), in my view (obviously, that's just my opinion). I do have some back-and-forth with john, but I don't think it's that often really.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Do you often question opinions you agree with?


I try to.


Really? Is that why you are usually following the likes of nightstrike, phatscotty, & johnblue questioning their statements?


Did I say I ONLY try to question opinions I agree with?

Perhaps you've not seen me question pimpdave, PLAYER or Juan_Bottom, three individuals with whom I tend to agree on a great many things?

Questioning what they say doesn't mean I'm not going to ultimately agree with them. It means that I consider what they're saying and ask questions about it regarding parts that I may or may not necessarily agree with.


I can't recall a post (let alone multiple) where you have questioned any of those three though I will admit I am not as much of an off topic person as many of the rest of you. I'd say 75% of your posts that I have seen are in response to the three individuals I mentioned.


Hell, pimpdave and I essentially got each other banned at one point from our...uh...entirely non-inflammatory discussions. I've certainly gotten on Juan due to his increasing pimpdavousity, though he's probably the least of the three. And I'm not sure how you've missed PLAYER and I's discussions.

Now, that doesn't mean that a majority of my posts aren't in response to Night Strike, Phatscotty and john9blue (actually, I would say just the first two as the majority). They probably are. That's because they tend to be the most hypocritical on the site (Phatscotty) and the individual I disagree with the most on a personal level (Night Strike), in my view (obviously, that's just my opinion). I do have some back-and-forth with john, but I don't think it's that often really.


Fair enough. I've seen you respond to them but never questioning something that you agreed with in their comments, it always seemed as though you were questioning something you didn't agree with, not something you agreed with.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2256
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The Great Presidential Debate

Postby Woodruff on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:04 pm

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4942
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login