Illegal

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should someone be declared illegal before a trial?

Yes, absolutely
17%
Yes, in certain cases.
11%
I'm not sure
6%
No, but in some cases trials aren't necessary
11%
No- I presume innocence before the outcome
22%
Kittens have a right to due cuteness
33%

Total votes : 18

Re: Illegal

Postby jimboston on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:The point I was making was that you don't seem to believe there IS a problem with legal citizens having documents. For you to continue to hold the line that "everyone has documents".. and "they are not difficult to obtain" means you are intentionally ignorant.

Yep... "everyone" has them... or can get them without serious issues.

... yes I put "everyone" in quotes. Obviously there is some small fraction of the population that may have a hard time getting ID. Even if LIberals where right... and the percentage is higher than I believe... this WOULD NOT EFFECT legal immigrants. Legal immigrants BY DEFINITION have ID.

Then there's a difference between those who don't have ID and those who "can't get" ID. Let's say X percentage of legal residents (citizens... because we already excluded legal immigrants) don't have ID.

Of X.... only a small percent "can't get" ID.... let's call that Y.

Of Y... MOST of these could get ID if we created voter ID laws AND required States to provide ID's (not licenses... but generic picture ID's) for free.
So then we would be left with Z... the people who couldn't provide the documentation to get ID's.

This number Z would be VERY VERY small and we could find ways to accommodate these people too.

So yeah... having an ID shouldn't be a problem for a legal resident of this country.
Private jimboston

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jimboston on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:09 am

Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.

What idea?

You don't seem to have one.
Private jimboston

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Timminz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:59 pm

jimboston wrote:
Timminz wrote:
jimboston wrote:The Dept. of Customs and Immigration does NOT go around Boston rounding people up randomly and shipping them to other countries. This ISN'T happening... please don't suggest it does.

Them Canajuns is gettin all up in yer 'chusetts.

Please don't modify my posts. Thanks.

I will do as I please with your posts. Thanks.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby jimboston on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Timminz wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Timminz wrote:
jimboston wrote:The Dept. of Customs and Immigration does NOT go around Boston rounding people up randomly and shipping them to other countries. This ISN'T happening... please don't suggest it does.

If you are going to do it... you could at least use proper grammar.

Private jimboston

Postby Timminz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:03 pm

jimboston wrote:
Timminz wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Timminz wrote:

If you are going to do it... you could at least use proper grammar.

What? Canajuns is a totally appropriate approximation of your slovenly drawl.
Captain Timminz

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 pm

what part of that is drawl?
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Timminz wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Please do modify my posts. No thanks.

I will please as I do with your posts. Thanks.

What in there thou layest from therein?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 pm

jimboston wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:The point I was making was that you don't seem to believe there IS a problem with legal citizens having documents. For you to continue to hold the line that "everyone has documents".. and "they are not difficult to obtain" means you are intentionally ignorant.

... yes I put "everyone" in quotes. Obviously there is some small fraction of the population that may have a hard time getting ID. Even if LIberals where right... and the percentage is higher than I believe... this WOULD NOT EFFECT legal immigrants. Legal immigrants BY DEFINITION have ID.

So you are under the impression that legal immigrants can vote?
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Timminz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Phatscotty wrote:what part of that is drawl?

Those Bostonians: they sure know how to bastardize the English language.
Captain Timminz

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 am

Timminz wrote:

unlike dem dere cannadians doncha noo...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Timminz on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:08 pm

fadedpsychosis wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Sarah Palin is not Canadian, thank god.
Captain Timminz

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Timminz wrote:
fadedpsychosis wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Parah Salin is not Canadian, thank god.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Timminz wrote:
fadedpsychosis wrote:
Timminz wrote:

Sarah Palin is not Canadian, thank god.

*L* wish my country could disown her too...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.

What idea?

You don't seem to have one.

Says the dude with a family guy avatar.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby jimboston on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:09 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
jimboston wrote:

So you are under the impression that legal immigrants can vote?

No.

We talking about how hard it is for someone here legally to have ID or not.

Please take off your stupid hat.

(Oh you can't it's permanently attached to your head.)
Private jimboston

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?