Illegal

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should someone be declared illegal before a trial?

Yes, absolutely
3
17%
Yes, in certain cases.
2
11%
I'm not sure
1
6%
No, but in some cases trials aren't necessary
2
11%
No- I presume innocence before the outcome
4
22%
Kittens have a right to due cuteness
6
33%
 
Total votes : 18

Re: Illegal

Postby jimboston on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.


What idea?

You don't seem to have one.


Says the dude with a family guy avatar.


Ad Hominem in Action!

Don't bother trying to clarify your point or anything... just attack me.
Reported to MOD.. personal attack.
User avatar
Private jimboston
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.


What idea?

You don't seem to have one.


Says the dude with a family guy avatar.


Ad Hominem in Action!

Don't bother trying to clarify your point or anything... just attack me.
Reported to MOD.. personal attack.


Good luck with that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby jimboston on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.


What idea?

You don't seem to have one.


Says the dude with a family guy avatar.


Ad Hominem in Action!

Don't bother trying to clarify your point or anything... just attack me.
Reported to MOD.. personal attack.


Good luck with that.


Again not a reply with any content.

So you agree your previous post was the definition of an Ad Hominem attack on my person?
User avatar
Private jimboston
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:29 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I seem to have made a few people angry by bringing this up. There are replies in thread for people who don't go along with the idea.


What idea?

You don't seem to have one.


Says the dude with a family guy avatar.


Ad Hominem in Action!

Don't bother trying to clarify your point or anything... just attack me.
Reported to MOD.. personal attack.


Good luck with that.


Again not a reply with any content.

So you agree your previous post was the definition of an Ad Hominem attack on my person?


No, both as a poster and as a fan of dictionaries.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby jimboston on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Symmetry wrote:No, both as a poster and as a fan of dictionaries.


You're soooooo smart. I wish I could be smart like you.

Of course, it'd be funny if your insult was actually on target or accurate in some way. Since it's not...
User avatar
Private jimboston
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Boston (Area), Massachusetts; U.S.A.
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:36 pm

jimboston wrote:
Symmetry wrote:No, both as a poster and as a fan of dictionaries.


You're soooooo smart. I wish I could be smart like you.

Of course, it'd be funny if your insult was actually on target or accurate in some way. Since it's not...


I guess we'll both have to deal with you being the best you you can be.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Symmetry wrote:Yeah, I guess a large part of the thread has come to be about the peculiar use of Americans to say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence pre-trial.

The thread is was it is I suppose.


Okay. Weird reason for a thread, but okay.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Yeah, I guess a large part of the thread has come to be about the peculiar use of Americans to say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence pre-trial.

The thread is was it is I suppose.


Okay. Weird reason for a thread, but okay.


Presumption of innocence is weird?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Let's try to revitalize this thread.

Symmetry, how do you think illegals in the US are detained and tried, Sym? Describe that process.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3585
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Illegal

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Yeah, I guess a large part of the thread has come to be about the peculiar use of Americans to say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence pre-trial.

The thread is was it is I suppose.


Okay. Weird reason for a thread, but okay.


Presumption of innocence is weird?


No, presumption of innocence is good. I'm not following your logic of going from "weird reason for a thread" to "presumption of innocence is weird."

Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?

Do you understand the American criminal justice system at all (not just the immigration system, anything)?
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:53 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Yeah, I guess a large part of the thread has come to be about the peculiar use of Americans to say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence pre-trial.

The thread is was it is I suppose.


Okay. Weird reason for a thread, but okay.


Presumption of innocence is weird?


No, presumption of innocence is good. I'm not following your logic of going from "weird reason for a thread" to "presumption of innocence is weird."

Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?

Do you understand the American criminal justice system at all (not just the immigration system, anything)?


I would be surprised if they don't. I'm not sure I'd be quite as annoyed at someone pointing out that it's incorrect, and that presumption of innocence is important.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Yeah, I guess a large part of the thread has come to be about the peculiar use of Americans to say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence pre-trial.

The thread is was it is I suppose.


Okay. Weird reason for a thread, but okay.


Presumption of innocence is weird?


No, presumption of innocence is good. I'm not following your logic of going from "weird reason for a thread" to "presumption of innocence is weird."

Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?

Do you understand the American criminal justice system at all (not just the immigration system, anything)?


I would be surprised if they don't. I'm not sure I'd be quite as annoyed at someone pointing out that it's incorrect, and that presumption of innocence is important.


You'd be surprised if they don't? Ha... okay.

I'm not annoyed, I'm just confused.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:59 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?


I would be surprised if they don't. I'm not sure I'd be quite as annoyed at someone pointing out that it's incorrect, and that presumption of innocence is important.


You'd be surprised if they don't? Ha... okay.

I'm not annoyed, I'm just confused.


Edited.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Illegal

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?


I would be surprised if they don't. I'm not sure I'd be quite as annoyed at someone pointing out that it's incorrect, and that presumption of innocence is important.


You'd be surprised if they don't? Ha... okay.

I'm not annoyed, I'm just confused.


Edited.


I'm even more confused. I'm going to report you for trolling.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Illegal

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Do you have any evidence or other background for your assertion that Americans say someone is illegal without the presumption of innocence?


I would be surprised if they don't. I'm not sure I'd be quite as annoyed at someone pointing out that it's incorrect, and that presumption of innocence is important.


You'd be surprised if they don't? Ha... okay.

I'm not annoyed, I'm just confused.


Edited.


I'm even more confused. I'm going to report you for trolling.


Good luck with that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mrswdk and 2 guests

Login