here's what in my kit:
everything is in a single waterproof bag and some items are inside a smaller waterproof bag inside that bag (like pills and matches)
- fresh bottled water (2 bottles of 0,5L)
- reflecting jacket (to get the attention of rescue teams)
- those small foldable towels in a can
- shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, etc.
- loperamide (look it up if you don't know what it is) it could save your life in certain situations because of poor hygiene in major disasters.
- paracetamol [aka acetaminophen] (can reduce fevers and headache, but in this case it's to prevent fevers from getting out of hand)
- grain cookies, raisins, candybars, nuts, anything small and edible while still providing enough energy for it's size will do, try to keep it healthy though. oh and it should not rot away within a few days of course.
- extra socks and underwear
- a whistle (to get attention of rescue teams)
- a radio that runs on electricity generated by turning a handle, can also charge a phone with it.
- a phone
- some spare chance
- copy of ID
- glasses/contact lenses (if you wear them ofc.)
- waterproof flashlight, preferably one that works on musclepower, otherwise make sure to get PLENTY of batteries. (can also be used to drag attention)
also, it may not be a bad idea to take something like a sudoku puzzle or something with you to keep your mind clear, a calm mind will not panic so easily and that way you won't make deadly mistakes when it counts. (doesn't have to be sudoku, but anything that works for you).
also, make sure to check the bag every now and than to see if the content is still on the best before date (the food, water and the medicines that is)