Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:51 am

The new T-Dawg is getting to be more annoying than Lori with his dark 'n moody act. He's like a middle-aged black emo. They have like 4 or 5 different people who are basically having to put their lives on hold to babysit this dude. The only redeeming thing he had going for him was he looked big and tough but Rick showed that he's actually just fat and dumb.

Also, is it just me or does Glen always look great? Everyone else is dressed like shit but he looks like he's just walked out of an Urban Outfitters catalog with just the right amount of dirt, his hair tossed in just the right way and such. I bet AoG jerks it to TWD.

As for Rick, his investigative technique is going around and saying "so did you do it?" and he actually solves the crime that way?! He doesn't try to put together alibis or anything, he just walks up to someone and goes "you the murderer, eh?" And he was a cop? For the amount that he's constantly sweating I'd have figured Rick was the one who did it.

And if Rick is just a simple farmer now why is everyone else raising his daughter other than him?

To recap:
    New T-Dawg - Black Emo
    Rick - Deadbeat Dad
    Glen - hottest in the office
I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 am

saxitoxin wrote:The new T-Dawg is getting to be more annoying than Lori with his dark 'n moody act. He's like a middle-aged black emo. They have like 4 or 5 different people who are basically having to put their lives on hold to babysit this dude. The only redeeming thing he had going for him was he looked big and tough but Rick showed that he's actually just fat and dumb.

Also, is it just me or does Glen always look great? Everyone else is dressed like shit but he looks like he's just walked out of an Urban Outfitters catalog with just the right amount of dirt, his hair tossed in just the right way and such. I bet AoG jerks it to TWD.

As for Rick, his investigative technique is going around and saying "so did you do it?" and he actually solves the crime that way?! He doesn't try to put together alibis or anything, he just walks up to someone and goes "you the murderer, eh?" And he was a cop? For the amount that he's constantly sweating I'd have figured Rick was the one who did it.

And if Rick is just a simple farmer now why is everyone else raising his daughter other than him?

To recap:
    New T-Dawg - Black Emo
    Rick - Deadbeat Dad
    Glen - hottest in the office

Lol, I was in the chatting dead segment of Live Chat about an hour ago wondering aloud if anyone actually jerks it to zombies, or if anyone has ever banged a zombie.

Thanks for the answer
Major Phatscotty

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Wasn't Tyreese like partially rational last season? How come the writers turned him into generic angry black guy?

Also somehow...SOMEHOW...Carol became more hateable.

And why is Carl still such a little cunt?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:46 pm

This season has been terrible so far. I'd like to say I'm not gonna watch another episode but I know I'll keep watching it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:This season has been terrible so far. I'd like to say I'm not gonna watch another episode but I know I'll keep watching it.

I don't really get what makes each season good or bad to some people. In my opinion the only "good" season was the first because that was purely humans vs. zombies. 2 was Laurie, Shane and Andrea vs. rationality, 3 was Laurie vs. Rick Vs. Carl being annoying as f*ck vs. Andrea being a whore vs. The Guvnuh and 4 is some B-rated Stephen King story.

I enjoyed Shane's psychotic breakdown on season 2 but other than that the story is completely predictable and out of ideas. Nonetheless I'm going to keep watching until it gets canceled because its more of a so-bad-it's-good show right now.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:58 am

Army of GOD wrote:Wasn't Tyreese like partially rational last season? How come the writers turned him into generic angry black guy?

The attitude towards the black guy in The Walking Dead is approaching the 80s first death goes to the black guy level. You have the black guy in the first season who helps Rick, he disappears for two seasons (Only to reappear for one episode as crazy black guy) to be replaced by T-Dawg. T-Dawg lasts two seasons as a secondary character before becoming the first main group death of season 3, so he could be replaced by prison black guy. Prison black guy lasts 3-4 episodes, maybe a bit longer, before he is killed and is quickly replaced by Tyreese. So how long will Tyreese now last with his alcoholic black guy replacement already there to fill his shoes?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby crispybits on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Maybe the black guys just smell nicer to the zombies thanks to a lifetime of eating more fried chicken than the others...
Major crispybits

Postby casper on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:31 pm

strike wolf wrote:This season has been terrible so far. I'd like to say I'm not gonna watch another episode but I know I'll keep watching it.

Anything is better than the snail pace of season two! The plot of the show is still moving way too slow in my opinion.

btw, I saw there is a Walking Dead Risk board game coming out this month: http://www.thewalkingdead.com/video-gallery/risk-twd-edition-video/

Major casper

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:46 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Wasn't Tyreese like partially rational last season? How come the writers turned him into generic angry black guy?

The attitude towards the black guy in The Walking Dead is approaching the 80s first death goes to the black guy level. You have the black guy in the first season who helps Rick, he disappears for two seasons (Only to reappear for one episode as crazy black guy) to be replaced by T-Dawg. T-Dawg lasts two seasons as a secondary character before becoming the first main group death of season 3, so he could be replaced by prison black guy. Prison black guy lasts 3-4 episodes, maybe a bit longer, before he is killed and is quickly replaced by Tyreese. So how long will Tyreese now last with his alcoholic black guy replacement already there to fill his shoes?

Everything has been set back to basically 17-1800's. They have 20th century structures and limited technology, but that won't last long as even fossil fuels will run out eventually, maybe even ammo and guns if they want to stay real with it. If they want to get more realer, I would expect that many would choose to self-segregate and groups would probably turn into racial clans. I don't think Michonne ever could have fit into Woodbury

I think Rick's group is turning into is a values based clan.
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:34 pm

The scenes of Abe Saperstein and the Harlem Globetrotters (i.e. Daryl, Michione, Black Emo and Drunk Medic) on tour were dull. One minute they're being chased by a horde of zombies - the next minute Daryl is leading an intervention for Drunk Medic?

How is it the two strangers from Burning Man that Rick and Carol found had survived the last couple years but they both died within 90 minutes of meeting Rick and Carol?

Glen wasn't in this episode so AoG probably has an incredible case of blue balls.

I don't get how the group hasn't really traveled further than maybe a 80 mile radius from where they started a couple years ago, and every time we see them they're cruising along across wide open roads at 60 mph ... and yet, every time they estimate how long it will take them to get to XYZ location 50 miles away it's "a 2 day trip - minimum."
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 pm

casper wrote:btw, I saw there is a Walking Dead Risk board game coming out this month: http://www.thewalkingdead.com/video-gallery/risk-twd-edition-video/

You know, actually that looks pretty good. I wish they had 3D buildings on the board, though, like the buildings in LIFE.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm

So...slow in pace but I actually didn't mind some of the exposition. Didn't expect Carol to be kicked from the group but looking back at her interactions with Rick, it is fairly clear. I can't believe they didn't look for that guy. I mean, one zombie kept him and his girlfriend locked in a bathroom for two days with only a bit of fruit to eat. It seems possible that he again took refuge in a room to get away from another zombie (of course it's also possible, that he tried to follow Rick's advice and failed miserably leading to his death). Regardless, I thought that Rick would at least have suggested looking for him, not just waiting around.

Also, how did the decaying zombies who have never shown super human strength at least not to a major extent, manage to tear off the woman's leg?

Finally, next week's episode seems to prove the point I've been making for the last couple weeks. They should be locking the sick into their cells. I know it may sound cruel but it's for their own safety in case one of them turns and starts stalking around as it is for everyone else's protection.

I wonder how long that hospital held out because it looked like a few of the zombies had that infection that's spreading as well. Could easily be wrong.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:Also, how did the decaying zombies who have never shown super human strength at least not to a major extent, manage to tear off the woman's leg?

That could be the plot twist in the whole story. The "boyfriend" wasn't really the boyfriend at all but is actually King of the Zombies. He's a normal human who is leading the walkers and they follow him because he aids them in doing things they can't do like open doors and find their way around fences and stuff. He may be the one who chopped off her leg. Rick probably realized - during their conversation - that he was actually talking to the Zombie King the whole time which is why he didn't look for him.

strike wolf wrote:Finally, next week's episode seems to prove the point I've been making for the last couple weeks. They should be locking the sick into their cells. I know it may sound cruel but it's for their own safety in case one of them turns and starts stalking around as it is for everyone else's protection.

To summon the ghost of BBS, what if they pursued a free market solution and the sick lock themselves into their own cells? The sick would be incentivized to lock their own cell doors to keep walkers out (vs. others locking doors to keep walkers in). If someone turns and hasn't locked themselves in they would only be able to attack those who - similarly - didn't take personal responsibility by locking their cell door.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Also, how did the decaying zombies who have never shown super human strength at least not to a major extent, manage to tear off the woman's leg?

That could be the plot twist in the whole story. The "boyfriend" wasn't really the boyfriend at all but is actually King of the Zombies. He's a normal human who is leading the walkers and they follow him because he aids them in doing things they can't do like open doors and find their way around fences and stuff. He may be the one who chopped off her leg. Rick probably realized - during their conversation - that he was actually talking to the Zombie King the whole time which is why he didn't look for him.

strike wolf wrote:Finally, next week's episode seems to prove the point I've been making for the last couple weeks. They should be locking the sick into their cells. I know it may sound cruel but it's for their own safety in case one of them turns and starts stalking around as it is for everyone else's protection.

To summon the ghost of BBS, what if they pursued a free market solution and the sick lock themselves into their own cells? The sick would be incentivized to lock their own cell doors to keep walkers out (vs. others locking doors to keep walkers in). If someone turns and hasn't locked themselves in they would only be able to attack those who - similarly - didn't take personal responsibility by locking their cell door.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

saxitoxin wrote:The scenes of Abe Saperstein and the Harlem Globetrotters (i.e. Daryl, Michione, Black Emo and Drunk Medic) on tour were dull. One minute they're being chased by a horde of zombies - the next minute Daryl is leading an intervention for Drunk Medic?

How is it the two strangers from Burning Man that Rick and Carol found had survived the last couple years but they both died within 90 minutes of meeting Rick and Carol?

Glen wasn't in this episode so AoG probably has an incredible case of blue balls.

I don't get how the group hasn't really traveled further than maybe a 80 mile radius from where they started a couple years ago, and every time we see them they're cruising along across wide open roads at 60 mph ... and yet, every time they estimate how long it will take them to get to XYZ location 50 miles away it's "a 2 day trip - minimum."

I didn't understand the hippies subplot at all. I mean the apocalypse is like 2 years old right? Shouldn't the hippies know how to survive? The whole thing seemed random and pointless.

Also, I don't get why Daryl was mad at black guy number 2 for having the alcohol? Since when did Rick declare the prison as a dry county?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:The scenes of Abe Saperstein and the Harlem Globetrotters (i.e. Daryl, Michione, Black Emo and Drunk Medic) on tour were dull. One minute they're being chased by a horde of zombies - the next minute Daryl is leading an intervention for Drunk Medic?

I didn't understand the hippies subplot at all. I mean the apocalypse is like 2 years old right? Shouldn't the hippies know how to survive? The whole thing seemed random and pointless.

Also, I don't get why Daryl was mad at black guy number 2 for having the alcohol? Since when did Rick declare the prison as a dry county?

Daryl was mad for two reasons. Black Guy #2 was a self-confessed alcoholic as Daryl had already learned and apparently was so desperate, he was risking his life for alcohol. Secondly, that bag full of alcohol...was supposed to be a bag full of medicine.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Oh and from what I understand, the hippies had survived most of the time in groups and worked more as foragers while more capable others defended the camps. I can't remember if they said they had been kicked out of their group or if it had gotten over run and they managed to escape. I want to say it was the latter.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Army of GOD wrote:

People's lives are always on the line. Do you want to partner up with a guy on a supply run who is hung over and groggy and a little slower and less sharp than usual? Once he decided he was going to keep the liquor, and was allowed to keep it (since Daryl isn't gonna kill him over a bottle) and now naturally he is going to start taking little sips here and there. It's just a matter of time before the group needs him to pull his weight or count on him, but he's drunk and people get killed because of it. What if one is injured and he needs to drive? How is his shooting? People need to stay especially sharp when outside their gates. One false move, one slow reaction, one passionate drunken idiotic decision....you're dead. In short, it risks everyone elses safety.

Not these hippies. They are completely physically and mentally unable, and have virtually no skills (picking fruit, wow!). They will be a burden on the group, and especially on Rick. Pretty sure everyone back at the prison will say "those 2 are on you" clearly pillaging empty houses was far too big a task. I would have just denied them after the interview.

I also think Carol was trying to invite them along to show Rick she had a heart and was not a cold calculated killer, moreso when she realized how quiet Rick was. It was like she thought Rick would understand. I noticed a few times she tried to play a soft tone and show a kind heart. Bottom line I think she had a little power trip being on the council and all and made an incorrect call on her own, and she's paying for it. I wouldn't want her around anymore, it would be a tough decision, and I think it was tough for Rick too. But the decision might have been easier since Rick hopefully saw that Carol was the reason the hippies are dead. She sent them out without even considering if they were able to survive the task. Rick seemed able to make the correct call there, but she overruled him and he played along, but he should have notices she was cold and calculated, using those hippies to play on heart strings for her own gain.
Major Phatscotty

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I also think Carol was trying to invite them along to show Rick she had a heart and was not a cold calculated killer, moreso when she realized how quiet Rick was. It was like she thought Rick would understand. I noticed a few times she tried to play a soft tone and show a kind heart. Bottom line I think she had a little power trip being on the council and all and made an incorrect call on her own, and she's paying for it. I wouldn't want her around anymore, it would be a tough decision, and I think it was tough for Rick too. But the decision might have been easier since Rick hopefully saw that Carol was the reason the hippies are dead. She sent them out without even considering if they were able to survive the task. Rick seemed able to make the correct call there, but she overruled him and he played along, but he should have notices she was cold and calculated, using those hippies to play on heart strings for her own gain.

I'm not sure. I don't think it was about being kind. If she was trying to make Rick think that she would have given into his demands that they not risk anything. I think she was thinking "These two are useless in a fight. They got trapped in a bathroom by a SINGLE zombie. If this all they can do they will be a hindrance to us at the prison. Well maybe if they can prove they can pull their own weight by gathering supplies at least." That's what I was thinking at least and the cold stare she gave to Rick about it...

Also it occurs to me that Daryl lost a lot of his crossbow bolts in this episode...he's been managing their number by pulling them out of dead walkers when he can and presumably reusing them but eventually he would run out assuming that they decide that infinite ammo should disappear one episode. I can't remember. Has he been shown carving makeshift arrows out of wood before? Seems like as long as the wood was strong enough to not break and it was shaped to the right size to fit into the notch with a sharp end and a notch at the back to hold the string than it would be possible but I don't really know much about crossbows and I realize that even so these wood ones would be inferior and probably break (if not rot from not getting used and/or exposure to the rotting liquid from the zombie corpses) much more often then his regular ones. Please say he washes them before he uses them for hunting...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:47 pm

This is why the Walking Dead is so awesomely horrible and I can't stop watching. They try so hard to make an emotionally powerful episode yet succumb to such typical and cheesy television tropes: Maggie coming at the nick of time, no main characters die, Carl is still an annoying bitch, Rick and Carl magically repairing the fence, etc.

Also, maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't Herschel HAVE HIS FUCKING LEG AMPUTATED LAST SEASON? Why is he walking around with only a limp? How is it that he can successfully recover from a leg cut off at the shin and be reasonably productive while a fucking flu kills off a billion of them?

god I love this show.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:44 am

What you don't realize is that Walter White showed up and used science 'n stuff to create a badass robo-leg for Herschel.

Honestly, I thought this episode was better than the season has been so far at least pacing wise. It still has ridiculously large plot holes at times but it's at least starting to pull itself together with the pacing.

Oh and don't forget the cliche about the back up arriving just after they were needed the most.

Also the only guy in the prison who was a legitimate doctor dying while Glenn makes a miraculous recovery due to protagonist power...is there anyone who didn't see that coming?

Oh finally, holy crap, Herschel left the prison. I think that's the first time that has happened since they got there.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ... for the last 4 weeks all they had to do was shoot the walkers gathering at the fence and that would have addressed that issue, but instead they spent all this time standing there trying to hold it up?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 am

Did anyone else view the Rick vs. Shane thing as a Frenchman vs. Englishman?
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,