Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 pm

1. Carl apparently entered and emerged from puberty during the 9 month off-season.
2. The new black guy has the body of T-Dawg and the whining disposition of Dale. We'll call him D-Dawg.
3. Herschel: "Rick, remember season 2 when we ran out of budget and spent 14 episodes just hanging out at the farm exchanging planting tips? Well, here I go again..."
4. Rick: "That chick in the woods reminds me of Laurie ... if Laurie had bathed more often."
5. Mark Zuckerberg: "Hey Carl, wanna hang out?"
6. QUICKSAND ROOF
7. Daryl: "Sorry Beth, another one of your boyfriends was killed by a zombie mob."
8. Beth: "meh"
9. gratuitous shot of Herschel's stump
10. Mark Zuckerberg turns into a Walker
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm

patches70 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So...
show

show

show
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm

This is the best shitty show on tv.
I mean it exactly. This show is utter crap, but it pulls it off well. It's impossible to watch it without thinking about how stupid the situations are. Because they are stupid. The Simpsons is written better, because at least you expect the situations to be unbelievable.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:This is the best shitty show on tv.
I mean it exactly. This show is utter crap, but it pulls it off well. It's impossible to watch it without thinking about how stupid the situations are. Because they are stupid. The Simpsons is written better, because at least you expect the situations to be unbelievable.

Yeah it's getting to that point. Between Andrea failing to kill a lone zombie before it bit her and no one shooting the governor when he was rampaging and other **** that happened towards the end of season 3 and then this latest episode...a lot of BS is piling up, even for a show about zombies.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Well, yeah. It's a non-HBO cable TV show about zombies... what, reasonably, CAN you expect from it? I still find it entertaining, at least.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Hands-down my FAV zombie show is Keeping Up with the Kardashians, but TWD is still a close second.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm

LMAO!

Major Phatscotty

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:34 pm

And Shane rubbing his head...seriously. It's like he's trying to slick back hair that isn't there.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:36 pm

strike wolf wrote:And Shane rubbing his head...seriously. It's like he's trying to slick back hair that isn't there.

yeah that was lulz.

I know the feeling. I just shaved mine a week ago and I'm always rubbing it now.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Phatscotty wrote:LMAO!

That was pretty funny.

But you can't expect more from a basic cable television series. Really, the only reason I'm watching it is because of the zombies. The only non-comedy television series I've ever watched consistently are Spartacus (Starz), Boardwalk Empire (HBO), Game of Thrones (HBO) and the Walking Dead, so it's got that working for it.

And, from what I can tell, the series has nowhere to go now really considering they're not willing to take chances with the plot.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:LMAO!

That was pretty funny.

But you can't expect more from a basic cable television series. Really, the only reason I'm watching it is because of the zombies. The only non-comedy television series I've ever watched consistently are Spartacus (Starz), Boardwalk Empire (HBO), Game of Thrones (HBO) and the Walking Dead, so it's got that working for it.

And, from what I can tell, the series has nowhere to go now really considering they're not willing to take chances with the plot.

I like it cuz everyone had to be Conservative in order to survive. There are no subsidized groups

btw that's where they are going with season 4. My prediction is now a new generation is growing up in the zombie world and they are going to want to treat the zombies with compassion like the way younger people want to run up to a polar bear and give it a hug. That's why the little girls were giving the geekz names, and that's how it ties in with Rick telling carl not to name the pigs, because once you start naming them people become attached and there is no room for that soft shit in the zombie apocalypse. And that's who is feeding the zombies, the 'compassionate' little girls or else some slightly older girl the younger girls are getting their warped reality from. and I think that will grow into a political split in the prison and it will be a civil war.
Major Phatscotty

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:37 am

This week on The Walking Dead. Watch as Rick and company come to the conclusion that there is a fast acting flu bug spreading through the camp and decide that even though everyone had access to Patrick, only Cell Block D is at serious risk. Watch as they all conclude that everyone who had contact with cell block D, even those not showing symptoms need to be isolated and then watch as all those people freely walk around the prison unless of course they're coughing. Then watch as nobody is left to guard the two people who are actually isolated leading to them being killed, dragged from their cells and burned in the yard where no one notices the smoke or blood stains until the end of the episode (Seriously, I'm pretty sure burning human bodies creates a decent sized smoke cloud).

Overall, better than last week but still a few ridiculous moments. I am pretty sure that the person(s) who burned the bodies is gonna turn out to be someone worried about the spread of the disease (possibly connected to that doctor who was introduced). Not sure who was feeding the zombies but most likely culprits I suppose are those two girls.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby patches70 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:43 pm

strike wolf wrote:Overall, better than last week but still a few ridiculous moments. I am pretty sure that the person(s) who burned the bodies is gonna turn out to be someone worried about the spread of the disease (possibly connected to that doctor who was introduced). Not sure who was feeding the zombies but most likely culprits I suppose are those two girls.

What are you talking about? We already know who ordered the killings.

The council ordered it. Wait until Tyreese figures out that his own sister voted to have the two dragged out, shot and burned.

We know it was the council who ordered the killings, after it was decided that the known sick were to be isolated, Hershel told Rick "I'll have another meeting with the council". That's the last you hear of that. Hershel indeed convened the council, composed of Hershel, Glenn, Carol, Daryl and Sasha. They decided that the sick people would have to be purged. For added dramatic effect, I can assumed that Sasha voted to have the two killed, to have dramatic conflict between her and her brother.
I figure Daryl probably voted against such action. Carol and Hershel definitely voted for the action. Glenn probably voted against such action, so we know it was Sasha who broke the tie.

As to who actually carried out the killings, we'll have to wait to see I guess.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:15 pm

patches70 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Overall, better than last week but still a few ridiculous moments. I am pretty sure that the person(s) who burned the bodies is gonna turn out to be someone worried about the spread of the disease (possibly connected to that doctor who was introduced). Not sure who was feeding the zombies but most likely culprits I suppose are those two girls.

The council ordered it. Wait until Tyreese figures out that his own sister voted to have the two dragged out, shot and burned.

We know it was the council who ordered the killings, after it was decided that the known sick were to be isolated, Hershel told Rick "I'll have another meeting with the council". That's the last you hear of that. Hershel indeed convened the council, composed of Hershel, Glenn, Carol, Daryl and Sasha. They decided that the sick people would have to be purged. For added dramatic effect, I can assumed that Sasha voted to have the two killed, to have dramatic conflict between her and her brother.
I figure Daryl probably voted against such action. Carol and Hershel definitely voted for the action. Glenn probably voted against such action, so we know it was Sasha who broke the tie.

Didn't Carl just get his gun back?

:o
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Hahah! I would be very surprised indeed if it was Carl who did it. I would happily wager that it wasn't.

This is just one of those themes from the comic book. What's good for the many means sacrificing the individual and exploring that line of thinking. It's all good and dandy as long as you aren't the individual being sacrificed.

It's one thing to willingly sacrifice one's self, it's all together a different thing when a single leader or even a council decide who is to be sacrificed. When we put the group ahead of the individual it allows for all types of terrible crimes to be done to individuals and justified as "for the good of the many".

The Walking Dead comic book certainly explores that a bit.
Private patches70

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:07 pm

patches70 wrote:

If that's even remotely true, I'm gonna stop watching the Walking Dead for the pure ridiculousness of that scenario.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm getting creeped out by Carol continuously telling Carl "this is our little secret, don't tell your dad, okay?"

That's how it always starts - first the nice adult wants you not to tell your parents she's teaching you how to decapitate zombies, before long she's saying not to tell them about the late night games of "tickle monster."
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 am

strike wolf wrote:
patches70 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So...
show

show

show

show
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am

Not to get too in-depth here, but in the first episode "let's recap last season" montage, there is some attention paid to how Carl is turning into a psycopath. So I'm guessing it's Carl killing the new infected folks. Makes you wonder whether the others are going to find out, banish Carl, and then Rick and some assortment of major characters leave the prison with Carl.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:39 am

thegreekdog wrote:Not to get too in-depth here, but in the first episode "let's recap last season" montage, there is some attention paid to how Carl is turning into a psycopath. So I'm guessing it's Carl killing the new infected folks. Makes you wonder whether the others are going to find out, banish Carl, and then Rick and some assortment of major characters leave the prison with Carl.

show

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:46 am

saxitoxin wrote:I'm getting creeped out by Carol continuously telling Carl "this is our little secret, don't tell your dad, okay?"

That's how it always starts - first the nice adult wants you not to tell your parents she's teaching you how to decapitate zombies, before long she's saying not to tell them about the late night games of "tickle monster."

She probably should teach them how to lop off zombies legs or hamstring them, something to get the zombies on a level where the kids can actually reach the head since many of the kids seem to still be under 5 feet.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby crispybits on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Why have none of them had the cunning plan to find an industrial sized woodchipper and a huge great gas tank - set it up somewhere away from the prison with a fence to funnel the zombies into one end and a blinking great siren on top to attract them - you could sit in a tree 100 yards away and have a gory version of fireworks for entertainment... :-P
Major crispybits

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't think it's Carl just because I think the writers want to make him at least partially likeable even though he's an annoying piece of shit. I think it's some background character soon-to-be main antagonist for this season.

And I like how Rick is just pouring gasoline all over the place as if it's in fucking surplus. Where do they keep getting it from? I don't think they've once shown where they get ammo or gas from, both which seem to be in infinite supply.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:53 pm

Or it's the Guv'nuh who's been hiding out in Carol's snatch
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,