AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
3%
Lori
3%
Carl
3%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
3%
Hershel
No votes
Glenn
8%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
3%
Daryl
56%
Merle
3%
Morgan
3%
Shane
6%
Michonne
6%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

I raised the same question saxi about the gas. Not to mention that Rick has found around 4000 magnum rounds and everyone has military grade weapons.
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I raised the same question saxi about the gas. Not to mention that Rick has found around 4000 magnum rounds and everyone has military grade weapons.

The only time I ever got annoyed at Walking Dead was when the prison was under attack and the Governor and his crew were firing off rounds like it was nothing. How many effing military convoys did they raid?
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:But I don't agree with Rick picking up the hitchhiker because for all we know he could be a plant from the Governor's camp. The governor could have hitchhikers all over the country side just waiting to infiltrate our group. All the while just feeding the dead all over the place. LOL.

Those are good points. I thought about that, but then, I thought: (a) they could have vetted the hitchhiker through Merle when they got back to prison to verify he was not a Woodburyian, (b) they already know (via Merle) Woodbury only had 90-some citizens, that they shot up at least a few of them, and a certain percentage are non-fighters ... so the Governor couldn't afford to have undercover hitchhikers roaming around.

I need to just make this point on the whole "hitchhiker" start and end scenes.

First, we know that Rick and company are much more apt to not help people who are not part of the group. From experience, Rick has learned that inviting new people in can be incredibly hazardous and lead to deaths inside his circle. Whether or not the hitchhiker was a Governor plant doesn't really matter. The point of the "hitchhiker" was to drive home how far the group has descended, but the decision to leave him stranded on the road was actually thought through by Rick, Michonne, and Carl (all without them saying a word).

Or did you miss it?

Rick and company do not want people in the group who are so stupid and reckless that they would bring ill upon anyone within the group. It was evident that the man walking on the road was incredibly stupid. The director made it quite clear by having the hitchhiker bellow at the top of his lungs,"HEY! Over HERE!"

I think that would be the first clue in not helping the guy, but then you knew for sure that he was going to get eaten by zombies. Why? Because when he is yelling and screaming as loud as he can for Rick to stop, we get a good close up of his backpack and see that he has some cooking pots and pans clanging...like a dinner bell! The guy probably had hordes of walkers following him through the forest even if he never spoke a word.

Obviously, the guy was so dumb, desperate, and acting with total abandon that Rick, Michonne, and Carl all quietly glanced at each other in silent agreement. Anyone that acted like that had already proven through their own actions that they would be a dangerous inclusion into the group.

Very well thought out!

The important thing is that Rick got the cook wares. LOL. :D
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 am

CreepersWiener wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:But I don't agree with Rick picking up the hitchhiker because for all we know he could be a plant from the Governor's camp. The governor could have hitchhikers all over the country side just waiting to infiltrate our group. All the while just feeding the dead all over the place. LOL.

Those are good points. I thought about that, but then, I thought: (a) they could have vetted the hitchhiker through Merle when they got back to prison to verify he was not a Woodburyian, (b) they already know (via Merle) Woodbury only had 90-some citizens, that they shot up at least a few of them, and a certain percentage are non-fighters ... so the Governor couldn't afford to have undercover hitchhikers roaming around.

I need to just make this point on the whole "hitchhiker" start and end scenes.

First, we know that Rick and company are much more apt to not help people who are not part of the group. From experience, Rick has learned that inviting new people in can be incredibly hazardous and lead to deaths inside his circle. Whether or not the hitchhiker was a Governor plant doesn't really matter. The point of the "hitchhiker" was to drive home how far the group has descended, but the decision to leave him stranded on the road was actually thought through by Rick, Michonne, and Carl (all without them saying a word).

Or did you miss it?

Rick and company do not want people in the group who are so stupid and reckless that they would bring ill upon anyone within the group. It was evident that the man walking on the road was incredibly stupid. The director made it quite clear by having the hitchhiker bellow at the top of his lungs,"HEY! Over HERE!"

I think that would be the first clue in not helping the guy, but then you knew for sure that he was going to get eaten by zombies. Why? Because when he is yelling and screaming as loud as he can for Rick to stop, we get a good close up of his backpack and see that he has some cooking pots and pans clanging...like a dinner bell! The guy probably had hordes of walkers following him through the forest even if he never spoke a word.

Obviously, the guy was so dumb, desperate, and acting with total abandon that Rick, Michonne, and Carl all quietly glanced at each other in silent agreement. Anyone that acted like that had already proven through their own actions that they would be a dangerous inclusion into the group.

The tl;dr version: the hitchhiker was a moron, Rick doesn't want morons.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:24 am

How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

See what happened when they denied Tyrese and Sasha? They ended up at the town and now are going to fight Rick because they think the Governor is more sane than Rick.
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 am

Judging by those hallucinations, the Governor is more sane than Rick.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 am

Army of GOD wrote:How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

Even if he didn't utter a word, you could judge it by his backpack. First, because it's foolish to have such a large, cumbersome thing on your back in a world where you need to be agile to evade walkers (sometimes without warning... the buggers sneak right up on you). Second, as mentioned previously, having pots, dinnerware, etc. dangling off the sides of the pack created a constant noise (you could hear it as he was walking along), and it's been proven many times that the walkers are attracted to noise. Frankly, I'm shocked he hadn't figured it out himself already: you see a walker, you make a noise, the walker turns toward you & begins pursuing. Not exactly rocket surgery, ya know lol. That's also why I'm guessing he had only been on his own for a short while, I can't imagine that he'd survive for long in that world.

Not saying that Rick et al. not helping him was right, mind you.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby Fazeem on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 am

my favorite show of all times at this point glad I saw this thread by chance I really hope the season finale is everything this season has displayed so far. I know we got a few more episodes before then I am just sayin lol
Lieutenant Fazeem

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:30 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:How is that guy a moron? I'm sure if you were by yourself during a zombie apocalypse you'd be pretty fucking excited to see humanity.

Even if he didn't utter a word, you could judge it by his backpack. First, because it's foolish to have such a large, cumbersome thing on your back in a world where you need to be agile to evade walkers (sometimes without warning... the buggers sneak right up on you). Second, as mentioned previously, having pots, dinnerware, etc. dangling off the sides of the pack created a constant noise (you could hear it as he was walking along), and it's been proven many times that the walkers are attracted to noise. Frankly, I'm shocked he hadn't figured it out himself already: you see a walker, you make a noise, the walker turns toward you & begins pursuing. Not exactly rocket surgery, ya know lol. That's also why I'm guessing he had only been on his own for a short while, I can't imagine that he'd survive for long in that world.

Not saying that Rick et al. not helping him was right, mind you.

LOL; "Rocket surgery" :? (???) LOL. OK, we'll come back around to that one in a bit. :lol:

That is precisely why I thought that he was probably a plant from the governor. But I realize now that he wasn't. My vote is that he is a "Moron" from a larger group that only recently met it's demise. Most probably because of him and so as luck would have it, The "Morons" are the last to die. LOL.

I would further surmise that the group the hitchhiker was with, were also mostly moron's to still be traveling on the road when the safest thing to do is to secure an area and get a good nights sleep. Otherwise what good are you. If after a year you have not found a place with food to fight over and protect (like a prison or a hospital or a shopping mall) then you just deserve to get eaten alive. :D

OK; I am not going to touch that Rocket surgery. It sounds really complicated. LOL. :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm

General Contribution (7)

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:That is very logical!

But it still doesn't explain the desperate statement of picking up AoG if he were hitchhiking? :lol:

AOG is 100% loyal.

Loyalty has nothing to do with it. If you come across AoG on the side of the road you don't ask questions, you just grab him, throw him in a papoose, and get back to camp. Once back at base he'll amuse himself until you need him to defend camp. Then you give him a gun and a machete and - WATCH OUT. After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer, so you need to make sure you stock-up on those if you expect a zombie apocalypse.
billy07 wrote:my mam likes BIG COCKS
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer

Isn't that a typical Saturday night for AoG?

General Contribution (7)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:After he slaughters like 20 bandits, he'll demand a box of animal crackers and 2 cans of root beer

Isn't that a typical Saturday night for AoG?

Typical AoG Saturday night:

Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

CreepersWiener; How would you know what a typical Saturday Night at AoG's is like?

Have "we" been there and done that? :lol:
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby nagerous on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:50 pm

This is funny too:

Captain nagerous

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:13 pm

One thing that I feel the show could have done was, that once they came into contact with the governor, they could have done a series of flash backs to how the governor rose to power and how their community got established in the first place. This would have added more characters to the show and made us even more sympathetic to the governors cause. We would then have a better idea of why this community, "The Governor," is ruthless when it comes to making contact with other groups and what happens to others who have joined the Governor's community and why.

A series of flash backs telling the Governor's story in more details, and those around him would have kept us asking even more questions about the future of the conflict to come between our groups of survivor's (Rick's group) and the governor's. In fact, it could still be done. Hopefully? Thus creating even more tension about the show.

Any one has any thoughts on that?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:25 pm

I am liking the episode so far. Even though not much is happening, I am enjoying seeing all of these people interacting and just seeing how their personalities match up so much. The two hard-head leaders, the two "advisers" so to speak, and the two that are just bad asses. I feel like these guys could get along if it werent for the two leaders.
Sergeant new guy1

Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:26 pm

what did i miss up to this point?
highscore
Captain crazymilkshake5

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:what did i miss up to this point?

In the current episode?

EDIT- All youve missed in this episode is them meeting up, the governor disarmed himself but has a gun taped to the table, so he didnt really disarm himself, Rick hasnt disarmed himself, anddddd then the rest of the people outside were talking, being hostile, then worked together to kill a mob of the walkers. After that, Deryl and the other group's bad ass shared some cigarettes, Hershel and the scientist (cant remember his dang name) talked about Hershel's leg and junk, and the bitch (sorry, Andrea) has been a whiny bitch. And she tried intervening in the decisions, but got kicked out and went on a killing spree when the walkers came. Thats about it.
Last edited by new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant new guy1

Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:29 pm

new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

yeah, was finishing up a game and missed the first 25 mins
highscore
Captain crazymilkshake5

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I edited the post above to save space, though posting this advisory is completely couteracting. Therefore, Ill just edit it when I want to make another post :D

Edit- Of course the governor wants Michone the episode right after Carl goes and gives his dad approval of her. Damnit editors of the movie, why? WHYYYY???
Last edited by new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm

new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

EDIT- All youve missed in this episode is them meeting up, the governor disarmed himself but has a gun taped to the table, so he didnt really disarm himself, Rick hasnt disarmed himself, anddddd then the rest of the people outside were talking, being hostile, then worked together to kill a mob of the walkers. After that, Deryl and the other group's bad ass shared some cigarettes, Hershel and the scientist (cant remember his dang name) talked about Hershel's leg and junk, and the bitch (sorry, Andrea) has been a whiny bitch. And she tried intervening in the decisions, but got kicked out and went on a killing spree when the walkers came. Thats about it.

Awesome, thanks
highscore
Captain crazymilkshake5

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

Awesome, thanks

ill just watch it when it airs after talking dead

thought i hit edit...

turns out i hit quote.
highscore
Captain crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

In the current episode?

Awesome, thanks

ill just watch it when it airs after talking dead

Thats always a good way of seeing it, cause I gave a very rough overview (forgetting their conversations and all that), but I figured I would help you out so you werent completely lost :D
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:02 pm

i hope theres a war. and in the preview it looks like tyreese and his group, and also the scientist and andrea get converted to ricks side.
highscore
Captain crazymilkshake5

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five