AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
1
3%
Lori
1
3%
Carl
1
3%
Andrea
0
No votes
Dale
1
3%
T-Dog
0
No votes
Carol
1
3%
Hershel
0
No votes
Glenn
3
8%
Maggie
0
No votes
Beth
1
3%
Daryl
20
56%
Merle
1
3%
Morgan
1
3%
Shane
2
6%
Michonne
2
6%
The Governor
0
No votes
Milton
0
No votes
Tyrese
0
No votes
Sasha
1
3%
 
Total votes : 36

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby new guy1 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I mean, I know not everyone believes that, not even I do, but I feel like someone else should have done it because I dont see any importance in her doing i herself.

Edit- Those old people were at Woodbury because they could not use guns and so could not help in the offense against the prison, therefore, I feel I can assume they cant use guns properly. I know people who are getting up there in age who still shoot guns, so I know it can be possible... I just dont think it is possible here. Also, maybe he took all these people in because he mixed the "you have to kill people" from his son with the "you cant just keep turning people away" from Hershel.
User avatar
Sergeant new guy1
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby patches70 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.
Corporal patches70
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby crispybits on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 pm

I can't believe we're having a religious debate about a zombie TV show...
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm

patches70 wrote:Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.

+1 Agreed on principle, since I can't say I know what the eternal repercussions of suicide would be. Didn't the Jews commit suicide en masse during the Roman siege of Masada? It would be interesting to hear the Jewish view on the subject.
Image
Image
Highest score: 2221
User avatar
Major Ray Rider
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: In front of my computer, duh!
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby maxfaraday on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

From: Karl_R_Kroenen
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:48 am
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby patches70 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:31 pm

Ray Rider wrote:
patches70 wrote:Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.

+1 Agreed on principle, since I can't say I know what the eternal repercussions of suicide would be. Didn't the Jews commit suicide en masse during the Roman siege of Masada? It would be interesting to hear the Jewish view on the subject.


No, the Jews didn't commit suicide. Mothers killed children, husbands killed wives until only a few were left. The last drew lots to see who would be the last left alive, and the last one killed himself after killing the others.
Corporal patches70
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby patches70 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:38 pm

crispybits wrote:I can't believe we're having a religious debate about a zombie TV show...



For me it's not so much religious. It's principle. One does not kill themselves. Self preservation instinct is in us for a reason. Just the very idea of killing myself is repulsive to me. I like being alive, I ain't checking out early by my own hand. I don't need the threat of Hellfire to tell me that I don't want to kill myself.
Corporal patches70
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm

patches70 wrote:
crispybits wrote:I can't believe we're having a religious debate about a zombie TV show...



For me it's not so much religious. It's principle. One does not kill themselves. Self preservation instinct is in us for a reason. Just the very idea of killing myself is repulsive to me. I like being alive, I ain't checking out early by my own hand. I don't need the threat of Hellfire to tell me that I don't want to kill myself.


If you were captured by some insane group of people who you knew for a fact would torture the living fucking shit out of you and you had a five minute window to kill yourself with a gun before the walked in the room, you wouldn't kill yourself?
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby patches70 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
patches70 wrote:
crispybits wrote:I can't believe we're having a religious debate about a zombie TV show...



For me it's not so much religious. It's principle. One does not kill themselves. Self preservation instinct is in us for a reason. Just the very idea of killing myself is repulsive to me. I like being alive, I ain't checking out early by my own hand. I don't need the threat of Hellfire to tell me that I don't want to kill myself.


If you were captured by some insane group of people who you knew for a fact would torture the living fucking shit out of you and you had a five minute window to kill yourself with a gun before the walked in the room, you wouldn't kill yourself?


If I had a gun I'd shoot the first one and as many as I could take with me before I'd ever kill myself. No, I wouldn't kill myself.

The dead know only one thing. That it is better to be alive.
To each his own AoG, if you wish to off yourself instead of facing pain then that is your choice.
Corporal patches70
 
Posts: 563
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Ray Rider wrote:It would be interesting to hear the Jewish view on the subject.


I'm half Jewish. You'll get many, many viewpoints about suicide, as it all depends on how observant you are, whether you uphold the Jewish laws, etc. But, in general, while suicide is considered a no-no, we don't have the same view on the afterlife or the belief that "do X and you'll go to Y". Ie, you aren't going to hell for it, because we basically don't have hell.

And yeah, weird that a show about zombies has resulted in such deep discussion.
User avatar
Corporal ThatDogFenton
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:00 am
Location: Happy Valley, Pee-Ay
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Just saw the last episode. Have to say my favorite episode of the season was where they went back to Rick's hometown. I was supremely disappointed in the season finale.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 am

The finale was not what I was expecting. And this is one of the things I have loved about this show. how they have managed to keep faithful to the comics but not be a slave to them. I honestly expected the govner to take control of the prison and force ricks group out onto the road again.

As for Andrea killing herself, rightly or wrongly, she did it. But if I was Rick, I would of made sure she knew the amount of crap she had caused by not killing the govner when she had a chance.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 am

patches70 wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:
patches70 wrote:Heh, I don't think Andrea should have offed herself when there were other people there to do it for her.

I think it is in the book World War Z, in Russia people who'd been bitten and were going to turn soon were killing themselves. Noble, surely, until a Russian Orthodox priest witnessed those people killing themselves and would have none of it. After that it was the duty of the priests to off the soon to be walking dead, to preserve the immortal souls of the soon to be departed.

Of course, if it were me and I was about to become a zombie, I'd off myself first. When I saw God I would explain that I couldn't allow myself to turn and end up killing even more people. It wouldn't be suicide, it'd be sacrifice. I think God would understand.....
That being said, if someone else were around I'd have them do it for me before I'd do it myself. But alone and with no other choice one would have to do it themselves.
Andrea wasn't alone, Michonne or Rick shouldn't have let her off herself. One of them should have done it.

+1 Agreed on principle, since I can't say I know what the eternal repercussions of suicide would be. Didn't the Jews commit suicide en masse during the Roman siege of Masada? It would be interesting to hear the Jewish view on the subject.


No, the Jews didn't commit suicide. Mothers killed children, husbands killed wives until only a few were left. The last drew lots to see who would be the last left alive, and the last one killed himself after killing the others.

How does that fit in with the Commandments?
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby crispybits on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 am

Back on topic with the actual episode

The one thing that really bugged me on this one was the amount of time Andrea spent talking withMilton and just stopped doing anything to free herself. I mean we're told women are good multitaskers, couldn't she have been talking and getting hold of those pliers and cutting herself free at the same time?
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby denominator on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am

crispybits wrote:Back on topic with the actual episode

The one thing that really bugged me on this one was the amount of time Andrea spent talking withMilton and just stopped doing anything to free herself. I mean we're told women are good multitaskers, couldn't she have been talking and getting hold of those pliers and cutting herself free at the same time?


This bothered me as well. She spent a lot of time talking with Milton, or giving the camera distressed looks instead of trying to free herself. Milton had to remind her a number of times to hurry up. Plus, we've seen many times that she's quite good at killing the zombies - so how exactly did Milton manage bite her once she was free? I didn't think that fit well with her character.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 pm

denominator wrote:
crispybits wrote:Back on topic with the actual episode

The one thing that really bugged me on this one was the amount of time Andrea spent talking withMilton and just stopped doing anything to free herself. I mean we're told women are good multitaskers, couldn't she have been talking and getting hold of those pliers and cutting herself free at the same time?


This bothered me as well. She spent a lot of time talking with Milton, or giving the camera distressed looks instead of trying to free herself. Milton had to remind her a number of times to hurry up. Plus, we've seen many times that she's quite good at killing the zombies - so how exactly did Milton manage bite her once she was free? I didn't think that fit well with her character.


I get the impression that the show occasionally likes to remind us that anyone could get bitten in any situation. I don't know how long Andrea had been held there. Probably no more than a couple days but I imagine she wasn't in top condition when she was freed.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7999
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:29 pm

I can easily suspend my disbelief with Andrea's death as holy shit f*ck Andrea.
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:47 pm

strike wolf wrote:I don't know how long Andrea had been held there. Probably no more than a couple days but I imagine she wasn't in top condition when she was freed.


Just two episodes before she ran a half-marathon in sheepskin, fur-lined boots! If she can do that surely she can fight-off the president of the Woodbury Magic: The Gathering club.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:45 pm

strike wolf wrote:
denominator wrote:
crispybits wrote:Back on topic with the actual episode

The one thing that really bugged me on this one was the amount of time Andrea spent talking withMilton and just stopped doing anything to free herself. I mean we're told women are good multitaskers, couldn't she have been talking and getting hold of those pliers and cutting herself free at the same time?


This bothered me as well. She spent a lot of time talking with Milton, or giving the camera distressed looks instead of trying to free herself. Milton had to remind her a number of times to hurry up. Plus, we've seen many times that she's quite good at killing the zombies - so how exactly did Milton manage bite her once she was free? I didn't think that fit well with her character.


I get the impression that the show occasionally likes to remind us that anyone could get bitten in any situation. I don't know how long Andrea had been held there. Probably no more than a couple days but I imagine she wasn't in top condition when she was freed.


It is interesting how people die from biters/walkers. For example, T-Dog's death seemed entirely preventable. Unless one is literally mobbed by zombies, I can't fathom how one is bitten. It's not like we're talking about wolves (no pun intended strike) here; we're talking about slow, spastic former human beings. I actually can understand Andrea's death, especially if she was still stuck in the chair. Can't understand T-Dogg's death at all in the context of the show.

Other things that bothered me:

- How do five people chase off 50 people in the prison? Yeah, the 50 people weren't trained soldiers but I was like "What the? Why are they running away?" I honestly thought it was fake. These 50 people just finished blowing the unliving crap out of watchtowers, walls, and zombies.
- How do 20 people with guns let 1 guy with an eyepatch shoot them all?
- Further, why did Crazy McPatch kill all those people? I mean yeah, he's crazy, but can he be that crazy to destroy his power base? Power was ultimately what he was most concerned about so why throw that away.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby crispybits on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

I would imagine the rationale would be roughly as follows (though I admit some of it is a bit weak):

- After the zombie ambush in the tombs with the alarms etc, the attackers were already in withdrawal mode and didn't really know what was going on. In a firefight like that you don't necessarily get a chance to assess exactly how many are shooting at you or what the exact tactical situation is so it's safer to get to a safe place and regroup from there.
- One guy with an automatic weapon, particularly if that one is trusted not to go psycho and a leader figure, can take down an awful lot of people without reply. Just look at some mass shooting incidents from real life and assess how quickly people managed to react in defence.
- Because Crazy McPatch was crazy, you don't need rational reasons for something when you're a looney tune!
User avatar
Major crispybits
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (9)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby denominator on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I don't know how long Andrea had been held there. Probably no more than a couple days but I imagine she wasn't in top condition when she was freed.


Just two episodes before she ran a half-marathon in sheepskin, fur-lined boots! If she can do that surely she can fight-off the president of the Woodbury Magic: The Gathering club.


Exactly. Look what Glenn did when he was in the same situation and he didn't even have the luxury of a weapon in his hands. She's been shown killing tons of walkers with various close-combat weapons all season, yet seemed to just be ready to die here.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:20 pm

*Shrugs* As I said, I think the show creators like to remind everyone watching that even individual zombies are still dangerous and can get you at just about any time and to be honest, I find Andrea's death in that situation a lot more believable than some of the escapes I've seen happen through the course of this show (Merl cutting off his own hand and somehow escaping without becoming a victim of either blood loss or zombie attack (don't imagine he would have been in good shape to fight off any walkers), The governor escaping that room without getting bitten despite being shown as out of bullets and completely swarmed). If I am supposed to believe that those were possible I can accept Andrea dying in that situation.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7999
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 am

Also, Andrea dying allows the producers to kill of any character they want at any time they want. Keeps the viewers in suspense over who will die next and also keeps the wages down. Ask for a pay rise and you get bitten.

It pays to ride with Rick Grimes.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni50486000/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
Indeed, Chad L. Coleman and Sonequa Martin-Green, who recurred on Season 3 of The Walking Dead as Tyreese and Sasha, have been upgraded to series regulars for the fourth season of AMC’s zombie-apocalypse smash, TVLine has learned.

Great news.
Additionally, Emily Kinney — who joined the show in Season 2 as Hershel’s youngest daughter Beth — has also been elevated to a regular.

Bluegrass anyone?
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby denominator on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

strike wolf wrote:*Shrugs* As I said, I think the show creators like to remind everyone watching that even individual zombies are still dangerous and can get you at just about any time and to be honest, I find Andrea's death in that situation a lot more believable than some of the escapes I've seen happen through the course of this show (Merl cutting off his own hand and somehow escaping without becoming a victim of either blood loss or zombie attack (don't imagine he would have been in good shape to fight off any walkers), The governor escaping that room without getting bitten despite being shown as out of bullets and completely swarmed). If I am supposed to believe that those were possible I can accept Andrea dying in that situation.


I will agree on the escapes. It seems any time they set something up but then don't show it on-screen it falls into the unbelievability category. Obviously they weren't going to show Merle sawing off his own hand, but watching the Governor fight off that horde of zombies with a shovel would have been rather awesome even if I dislike the character. Same with Andrea... maybe she tripped over one of her own boots (which personally I would have removed at the start when trying to retrieve the pliers) or some freaky thing but they just decided not to show it.

I find it interesting the the changes they've made from the comic books - most notably replacing Tyreese with Darryl for the first 3 seasons. It will be interesting to see how they include both characters that are essentially filling one role.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class denominator
Beta Team Member
Beta Team Member
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:41 am
Location: Calgary
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (4) Challenge Achievement (2)

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:38 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Additionally, Emily Kinney — who joined the show in Season 2 as Hershel’s youngest daughter Beth — has also been elevated to a regular.

Bluegrass anyone?


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And how the hell is Andrea dying evidence that the producers will kill whoever, whenever? She was probably the fifth or so most important character and died in the finale, that's hardly random. Lori's death is the only surprising one this entire season.

TWD is too generic of a show to kill off people randomly.
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoranZ

Login