AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
3%
Lori
3%
Carl
3%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
3%
Hershel
No votes
Glenn
8%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
3%
Daryl
56%
Merle
3%
Morgan
3%
Shane
6%
Michonne
6%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:Oooooo Tyreese is back!

^^ but it looks like he might go to Woodberry....

:(
highscore
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:^^ but it looks like he might go to Woodberry....

Yeah :( I'm hoping he's too smart & perceptive to be charmed by the Governor, though.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:^^ but it looks like he might go to Woodberry....

Yeah :( I'm hoping he's too smart & perceptive to be charmed by the Governor, though.

That i do hope, The Group needs another cool black person :lol: :lol:

was hoping that not all of the prisoners would die, but i guess not, hah
highscore

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:43 pm

See I knew Michonne would eventually have a redeeming moment!
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby new guy1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm

I can imagine Michonne's thoughts right then. "Thats right bi***, I was right, what now??"
Sergeant new guy1

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:That i do hope, The Group needs another cool black person :lol: :lol:

I know, right?! lol Unfortunately it looks like Tyreese is swooning over a warm bed & ready to drink the Gov's kool-aid.

crazymilkshake5 wrote:was hoping that not all of the prisoners would die, but i guess not, hah

They did burn through them quickly, didn't they? >golfclap
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 pm

OH SH!T!!!!!

was i the only one that just heard that :D

Carol is a genius! god i hope she does, might make me like her a little more.....
highscore

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:See I knew Michonne would eventually have a redeeming moment!

Oh, Michonne has oodles and oodles of value for the group, if they can get past that little wee bit of intensity she has ;)
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh wtf Andrea.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby new guy1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Oh wtf Andrea.

Hopefully she will do what Carol said to do.
Sergeant new guy1

Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:59 pm

new guy1 wrote:

You could see her thinking about what Carol said.

So it's Andrea trying to seduce the Gov into doing what she wants, and he knows & is playing her. Sheesh.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby new guy1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

So it's Andrea trying to seduce the Gov into doing what she wants, and he knows & is playing her. Sheesh.

Damnit Andrea, I hate you.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

this this this....

highscore

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

new guy1 wrote:
ThatDogFenton wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

She is totally useless.

General Contribution (7)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Ok, she's officially supplanted Lori as the most useless character gaaaaaah
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Do you think Merle is redeemable at all?
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:Ok, she's officially supplanted Lori as the most useless character gaaaaaah

well lori is already dead....

ThatDogFenton wrote:Do you think Merle is redeemable at all?

if the Governor get a hold of merle hes just gonna kill him.
highscore

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 am

Anytime Beth starts singing and they kill the last five minutes of the show with her belting out some bluegrass number you know they just ran out of ideas for that episode. The last time she did that, the next episode was in a completely new setting and it looks like that's what's about to happen here too, based on the preview with Carl, Rick and Mitch on a road trip.
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 am

I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 am

Army of GOD wrote:I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?

I haven't warmed up to them yet, but they both have been the better of the black actors since Morgan left in Season 1. Still waiting for Morgan to make his way back this season, but I don't see how they would fit him in at this point. I think the internet rumor train was wrong, and the whole Morgan reappearing in Season 3 was a red herring.

Well, the Hispanics on the bridge that Daryl saved weren't, but then again...where are all the Mexicans? With Mexicans being the largest minority group in the US, don't you think we would have had some Mexican characters joining the group?

Perhaps the underlying premise of the concept of "zombies" is "migrant workers" to some extent? Or, maybe all the Mexicans in the desert got ate?

Anyway, glad to see Andrea get the boot and haul her skank ass back to Woodbury. What a trampy two-faced whore! And Michonne let her know the truth about it! "[You] Chose a warm bed over a friend." It was the strongest exchange yet this season.

I found it on YouTube. You will have to watch it before YouTube pulls it. Also, you will have to turn it up, as someone videoed it directly off their television last night.

Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Well, I could have done without Beth piping up again. Probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a couple musical instruments to accompany her, but this whole singing A capella again was kind of annoying.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

andrea wouldn't kill the governor because that would be the worst move for the show to make.

beth singing is the worst. it really blows me, and like sax said it just fills time needlessly.

not sure what to think of the foursome showing up at woodberry, but I'm hoping the blacks come through.

as for merle, I think he'll sacrifice himself in some way, but he isn't redeemable in that group. which is sad, because he's pretty funny.
Sergeant 1st Class whitestazn88

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 am

whitestazn88 wrote:andrea wouldn't kill the governor because that would be the worst move for the show to make.

beth singing is the worst. it really blows me, and like sax said it just fills time needlessly.

not sure what to think of the foursome showing up at woodberry, but I'm hoping the blacks come through.

as for merle, I think he'll sacrifice himself in some way, but he isn't redeemable in that group. which is sad, because he's pretty funny.

As much as you would like to hate Merle, his character would be missed. Ever since he disappeared during Season 1, everyone wanted Merle to come back.

Tyrese and Sasha have that cinematic aura about them that they will come around, as for the two white guys...they have already proved themselves to be enemies. They were thinking about murdering Carl and Carol for gods sake!

And please...NO MORE SINGING FROM BETH!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm

I think I read somewhere that AMC got a lot of positive feedback about the Singing Sisters in the season premier... would explain why the producers would want to try & milk the act more and randomly insert a song again. I think it'd work better if she was just off in the background singing to the baby or something, rather than forcing it as the highlight of a scene.

CreepersWiener wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?

Well, the Hispanics on the bridge that Daryl saved weren't, but then again...where are all the Mexicans? With Mexicans being the largest minority group in the US, don't you think we would have had some Mexican characters joining the group?

Just a guess, but maybe we haven't seen Mexicans because overall travel seems to have ground to a halt? Ie, maybe there weren't as many Mexicans around Atlanta in the first place, and now that it's so dangerous to be out on the roads, we aren't seeing many non-zombie visitors from other regions. There was that one Hispanic family that was part of the original camp before they decided to leave, but I don't know if they ever said whether they were Mexican-American, or which ethnicity.

CreepersWiener wrote: Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Rick didn't give any indication as to his motives for going to see the Guv, as far as I could tell. As out to lunch as his sanity has been, maybe even Rick himself doesn't know what he's planning, lol.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby nagerous on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

I haven't warmed up to them yet, but they both have been the better of the black actors since Morgan left in Season 1. Still waiting for Morgan to make his way back this season, but I don't see how they would fit him in at this point. I think the internet rumor train was wrong, and the whole Morgan reappearing in Season 3 was a red herring.

Perhaps the underlying premise of the concept of "zombies" is "migrant workers" to some extent? Or, maybe all the Mexicans in the desert got ate?

Anyway, glad to see Andrea get the boot and haul her skank ass back to Woodbury. What a trampy two-faced whore! And Michonne let her know the truth about it! "[You] Chose a warm bed over a friend." It was the strongest exchange yet this season.

I found it on YouTube. You will have to watch it before YouTube pulls it. Also, you will have to turn it up, as someone videoed it directly off their television last night.

Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Well, I could have done without Beth piping up again. Probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a couple musical instruments to accompany her, but this whole singing A capella again was kind of annoying.

Figure Carl did his spoilt brat I'm coming with approach and followed for a while unbeknownst to Rick and Michonne, who the way they've built her up should have definitely been able to sense him following.
Captain nagerous

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm

nagerous wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

Figure Carl did his spoilt brat I'm coming with approach and followed for a while unbeknownst to Rick and Michonne, who the way they've built her up should have definitely been able to sense him following.

As would be the case in season 1 or 2; but actually in season 3 Rick requested Carl accompany Michonne and himself to Woodbury. But I didn't follow what the planning was. Were they going to try to assassinate the Governor or what? If you were going to talk peace, why not bring Carol? Why bring your own son along? I can kind of see not taking Merle, Daryl, Glenn, or Maggie...they would be kind of loose cannons (however, Michonne was somewhat of a loose cannon too).

Does Rick want the Governor to see that he has a son and is willing to risk their lives in meeting with him?

Beth is just a singing babysitter...why doesn't she go out zombie patrol?

Oh well. We will find out next episode.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five