Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:24 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:So then you're pursuing Bush as well? Or is this just a partisan thing?


Bush was only continuing the line started by Clinton.


So it's just a partisan thing, as I suspected. Thanks.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby tzor on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:So it's just a partisan thing, as I suspected. Thanks.


I can't help it if you continue to wear those red colored glasses, but there is a difference between convincing yourself on flimsy evidence and knowing that something is one thing and saying the opposite.

There is no solid evidence to suggest that Bush knew for a fact that there were not weapons out there.

There is solid evidence to suggest that everyone in a bipartisan manner bought into the flimsy evidence as being rock hard solid when it was simply not true.

President Clinton used that same flimsy evidence to conduct military strikes in Iran in 1998. He no more "lied" than Bush.

Yes, Bush also had alterior motives for going to war with Iraq, and these were clearly not good, but we are specifically talking about "lies."

And it still doesn't compare to the Spanish American War *you remember the Maine right*

McKinley, although forced reluctantly by congress to go into war was ... wait for it ... a Republican.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Nobunaga wrote:...

... For all the attention this is getting from major media, it's like Woodward and Bernstein helping Nixon cover up Watergate.

...

Yeah, America's famous free press.

So free they swallowed the Warren Commission Report hook, line and sinker.

So free they fell over themselves to repeat Bush's lies about WMDs in Iraq, and then fell over themselves a second time, pretending that the first time hadn't happened, once it became obvious that the lies would be exposed.

Why would you think it would be any different this time?
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 10567
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:37 pm

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:So it's just a partisan thing, as I suspected. Thanks.


I can't help it if you continue to wear those red colored glasses


It's not red-colored glasses if I recognize that you pursue one individual for something but not another individual who did the same thing. It's just my recognition that you're a partisan hack.

tzor wrote:There is no solid evidence to suggest that Bush knew for a fact that there were not weapons out there.

There is solid evidence to suggest that everyone in a bipartisan manner bought into the flimsy evidence as being rock hard solid when it was simply not true.

President Clinton used that same flimsy evidence to conduct military strikes in Iran in 1998. He no more "lied" than Bush.

Yes, Bush also had alterior motives for going to war with Iraq, and these were clearly not good, but we are specifically talking about "lies."

And it still doesn't compare to the Spanish American War *you remember the Maine right*

McKinley, although forced reluctantly by congress to go into war was ... wait for it ... a Republican.


Yeah, you're not partisan at all!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby tzor on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Woodruff wrote:It's not red-colored glasses if I recognize that you pursue one individual for something but not another individual who did the same thing. It's just my recognition that you're a partisan hack.


It is YOU that insist that they are the same thing. They are not the same thing. You are wrong.

Whether or not I am occasionally partisan is besides the point that they are not the same thing.

You must leave the emotional baggage behind you if you are to fully accept logic.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:57 am

tzor wrote:
Woodruff wrote:It's not red-colored glasses if I recognize that you pursue one individual for something but not another individual who did the same thing. It's just my recognition that you're a partisan hack.


It is YOU that insist that they are the same thing. They are not the same thing. You are wrong.

Whether or not I am occasionally partisan is besides the point that they are not the same thing.

You must leave the emotional baggage behind you if you are to fully accept logic.


A continued policy is a continued policy. I'd suggest you follow your own advice.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Obama Lied... and Good Men Died

Postby tzor on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:55 am

Woodruff wrote:A continued policy is a continued policy. I'd suggest you follow your own advice.


I thought the accusation was purjury. Unless you have some unknown, undiscovered, evidence that Bush clearly knew those weapons were not there when previous administrations, and even democrats at the time were saying that it was there, then there is no case for purjury.

Note there is a case to be made for the Plane outting, but that's a different kettle of fish.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant tzor
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Metsfanmax

Login