Romney was Better than Obama

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Symmetry, since you don't know very much about this, I'll do you a favor and explain it to you.

    The Libertarian Party is a joke. Their average state convention consists of 30 high school dropouts in a Holiday Inn conference room making speeches at each other for a day. They're a book club that, every four years, painfully forms into some semblance of a political party.

    Separate from the LP are a number of libertarian (lowercase "L") institutions that predate the 197? founding of the LP by years to decades and have nothing to do with it. These include the CATO Institute, Reason Magazine, etc. The annual budget of the CATO Institute is $25 million. Gary Johnson will spend $3 million on his presidential campaign this year. The former represent the intellectual mainstream of libertarian thought in the U.S., not the Libertarian Party. There is no connection between Reason and LP. I'm not going to try to prove it to you anymore than I'd try to prove Santa Claus didn't exist to a 5-year old. These are just basic facts.
If you want to continue peddling your conspiracy theories, fine. Just realize that the Libertarian Party couldn't conspire to takeover a sidewalk flower stand and you sound very silly sowing these elaborate plots.


I'm simply pointing out how reliable their mouthpiece is as an indicator of who the Libertarian Party thinks people should vote for.

Hint- they're all for the Libertarian Party candidate.


You were also saying some really crazy stuff, Sym. Maybe you had too many beers tonight?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Symmetry, since you don't know very much about this, I'll do you a favor and explain it to you.

    The Libertarian Party is a joke. Their average state convention consists of 30 high school dropouts in a Holiday Inn conference room making speeches at each other for a day. They're a book club that, every four years, painfully forms into some semblance of a political party.

    Separate from the LP are a number of libertarian (lowercase "L") institutions that predate the 197? founding of the LP by years to decades and have nothing to do with it. These include the CATO Institute, Reason Magazine, etc. The annual budget of the CATO Institute is $25 million. Gary Johnson will spend $3 million on his presidential campaign this year. The former represent the intellectual mainstream of libertarian thought in the U.S., not the Libertarian Party. There is no connection between Reason and LP. I'm not going to try to prove it to you anymore than I'd try to prove Santa Claus didn't exist to a 5-year old. These are just basic facts.
If you want to continue peddling your conspiracy theories, fine. Just realize that the Libertarian Party couldn't conspire to takeover a sidewalk flower stand and you sound very silly sowing these elaborate plots.


I'm simply pointing out how reliable their mouthpiece is as an indicator of who the Libertarian Party thinks people should vote for.

Hint- they're all for the Libertarian Party candidate.


You were also saying some really crazy stuff, Sym. Maybe you had too many beers tonight?


What upset you this time?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Sorry to interrupt, but nine of them said they aren't voting. So they aren't all voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

And like Saxi said, unfortunately the Libertarian Party is not influential enough to make Reason a mouthpiece.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Symmetry, since you don't know very much about this, I'll do you a favor and explain it to you.

    The Libertarian Party is a joke. Their average state convention consists of 30 high school dropouts in a Holiday Inn conference room making speeches at each other for a day. They're a book club that, every four years, painfully forms into some semblance of a political party.

    Separate from the LP are a number of libertarian (lowercase "L") institutions that predate the 197? founding of the LP by years to decades and have nothing to do with it. These include the CATO Institute, Reason Magazine, etc. The annual budget of the CATO Institute is $25 million. Gary Johnson will spend $3 million on his presidential campaign this year. The former represent the intellectual mainstream of libertarian thought in the U.S., not the Libertarian Party. There is no connection between Reason and LP. I'm not going to try to prove it to you anymore than I'd try to prove Santa Claus didn't exist to a 5-year old. These are just basic facts.
If you want to continue peddling your conspiracy theories, fine. Just realize that the Libertarian Party couldn't conspire to takeover a sidewalk flower stand and you sound very silly sowing these elaborate plots.


I'm simply pointing out how reliable their mouthpiece is


oh Jesus
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but nine of them said they aren't voting. So they aren't all voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

And like Saxi said, unfortunately the Libertarian Party is not influential enough to make Reason a mouthpiece.


Yeah dude- we noticed. One person was brave enough to not tell the boss anything at all. That should be the stand out.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but nine of them said they aren't voting. So they aren't all voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

And like Saxi said, unfortunately the Libertarian Party is not influential enough to make Reason a mouthpiece.


Yeah dude- we noticed. One person was brave enough to not tell the boss anything at all. That should be the stand out.


Ah, the smoking gun which confirms you're warped conspiracy theory!

The standards of evidence lower with every beer Sym drinks.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 pm

This is where Her Majesty goes into her patented "eventually everyone will have to go to the bathroom and stop posting; I just need to keep repeating everything I've said that's already been discredited so I can outlast them - it doesn't matter what I say, just as long as I keep logging comments" mode.

This surely has to be the first person in history who tries to filibuster a message board.

Well, Saxi's out. GL with Her Majesty, gang.

Last edited by saxitoxin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:12 pm

f'n Symmetry!
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:f'n Symmetry!


you be quiet, you're just as bad
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:21 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but nine of them said they aren't voting. So they aren't all voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.

And like Saxi said, unfortunately the Libertarian Party is not influential enough to make Reason a mouthpiece.


Yeah dude- we noticed. One person was brave enough to not tell the boss anything at all. That should be the stand out.


Ah, the smoking gun which confirms you're warped conspiracy theory!

The standards of evidence lower with every beer Sym drinks.


I guess he didn't read the link.

I tend to think that think-tank officers should keep their ballots secret. But I am generally guided by the fact that in 40 years of voting I've never encountered an election in which my vote would have made the difference, and by the principle that it's better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.


So, the person who said he wasn't going to tell had a reason other than "I'm scared of my boss."

And in case Symmetry cannot admit to being wrong based on Saxi's various posts... one of the questions was "who did you vote for in 2000, 2004, and 2008." Here are some answers:

John Kerry (Democrat)
Bob Barr (Libertarian) - "The worst Lib candidate ever[.]"
George Bush, George Bush, Barack Obama
George Bush
"The Libertarian Party candidate in each, though often without much enthusiasm."
George Bush, George Bush, Barack Obama
Obama
Gore, Kerry, Obama
Gore, Bednarik, Obama
Kerry, Bob Barr
Last edited by thegreekdog on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Hmm 2012:
thegreekdog wrote:Reason's editorial staff have released who they will be voting for on Tuesday -

Gary Johnson - 17
Refuse to Vote - 9
Won't Disclose - 1
Mitt Romney - 0
Barack Obama - 0
Jill Stein - 0
Virgil Goode - 0
Rocky Anderson - 0

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/24/w ... singlepage


And Saxi's post on 2008:

saxitoxin wrote:
2008 Reason staff votes (http://reason.com/archives/2008/10/29/w ... -your-vote):

    Obama (Democrat): 12
    Barr (Libertarian) 11
    Refuse to Vote: 6
    McCain (Republican): 4
    Did Not Disclose: 3
    Nader (unaffiliated): 1
    McKinney (Green): 0
    Baldwin (Constitution): 0


Nothing seems off about the post 2008 change? Did all the Dem voters and Republicans get fired? What happened to the Nader guy? They all shifted to the Libertarian Party the new editor wrote a book about?

Please.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:f'n Symmetry!


you be quiet, you're just as bad


I do have one thing going for me though. I'm not obsessed with foreign countries

I just had to say something...
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Symmetry wrote:Hmm 2012:
thegreekdog wrote:Reason's editorial staff have released who they will be voting for on Tuesday -

Gary Johnson - 17
Refuse to Vote - 9
Won't Disclose - 1
Mitt Romney - 0
Barack Obama - 0
Jill Stein - 0
Virgil Goode - 0
Rocky Anderson - 0

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/24/w ... singlepage


And Saxi's post on 2008:

saxitoxin wrote:
2008 Reason staff votes (http://reason.com/archives/2008/10/29/w ... -your-vote):

    Obama (Democrat): 12
    Barr (Libertarian) 11
    Refuse to Vote: 6
    McCain (Republican): 4
    Did Not Disclose: 3
    Nader (unaffiliated): 1
    McKinney (Green): 0
    Baldwin (Constitution): 0


Nothing seems off about the post 2008 change? Did all the Dem voters and Republicans get fired? What happened to the Nader guy? They all shifted to the Libertarian Party the new editor wrote a book about?

Please.


In other words,

"A conspiracy! These people cannot change their minds. Obviously, there is no other possibility other than the fact that the new editor either eliminated the non-LP'ers or forced the staff to either vote LP or not vote at all!

In no way were the 2008 Obama-voters at all dismayed about Obama's past 4 years. There's no way they could've concluded that Obama sucks; therefore, they would not vote for him again. No way! <dons tinfoil hat> And the Libertarian Party with their $3 million is funding such places to make their workers vote LP or not at all"


You can stop digging your intellectual grave, Sym. 20 feet should be more than enough.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Hmm 2012:
thegreekdog wrote:Reason's editorial staff have released who they will be voting for on Tuesday -

Gary Johnson - 17
Refuse to Vote - 9
Won't Disclose - 1
Mitt Romney - 0
Barack Obama - 0
Jill Stein - 0
Virgil Goode - 0
Rocky Anderson - 0

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/24/w ... singlepage


And Saxi's post on 2008:

saxitoxin wrote:
2008 Reason staff votes (http://reason.com/archives/2008/10/29/w ... -your-vote):

    Obama (Democrat): 12
    Barr (Libertarian) 11
    Refuse to Vote: 6
    McCain (Republican): 4
    Did Not Disclose: 3
    Nader (unaffiliated): 1
    McKinney (Green): 0
    Baldwin (Constitution): 0


Nothing seems off about the post 2008 change? Did all the Dem voters and Republicans get fired? What happened to the Nader guy? They all shifted to the Libertarian Party the new editor wrote a book about?

Please.


In other words,

"A conspiracy! These people cannot change their minds. Obviously, there is no other possibility other than the fact that the new editor either eliminated the non-LP'ers or forced the staff to either vote LP or not vote at all!

In no way were the 2008 Obama-voters at all dismayed about Obama's past 4 years. There's no way they could've concluded that Obama sucks; therefore, they would not vote for him again. No way! <dons tinfoil hat> And the Libertarian Party with their $3 million is funding such places to make their workers vote LP or not at all"


You can stop digging your intellectual grave, Sym. 20 feet should be more than enough.


Stay classy dude, you don't need to be discussing my grave in any theoretical or intellectual capacity.

I simply give you the stats given to me, by TGD and Saxi. It looks odd, that difference, no? I understand what you're saying, but all the Obama folk, all the McCain folk, and the Nader weirdo, they all flipped to the Libertarians? Or told their editor they weren't gonna vote?

You'd think that if was just a problem they had with the Obama presidency those Repubs would still be voting Republican.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 am

I already provided other possibilities which you overlooked and continue to ignore (which constitutes as faulty intelligence or trolling).

Furthermore, there's no need to get Dramatic when someone points out that you're burying your intellect in conspiracy theories. Instead, you should be embarrassed.

It is evident that you're in no capacity or are unwilling to rationally address the many problems of your shifting positions; therefore, thanks for trying. Better luck next time with the trolling conspiracy theories, Sym.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:I already provided other possibilities which you overlooked and continue to ignore (which constitutes as faulty intelligence or trolling).

Furthermore, there's no need to get Dramatic when someone points out that you're burying your intellect in conspiracy theories. Instead, you should be embarrassed.

It is evident that you're in no capacity or are unwilling to rationally address the many problems of your shifting positions; therefore, thanks for trying. Better luck next time with the trolling conspiracy theories, Sym.


Seems a bit harsh there, BBS. Indeed, your whole post seems to be a screed against me. You forgot to even talk about my points, and those provided by TGD and Saxi.

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Hmm 2012:
thegreekdog wrote:Reason's editorial staff have released who they will be voting for on Tuesday -

Gary Johnson - 17
Refuse to Vote - 9
Won't Disclose - 1
Mitt Romney - 0
Barack Obama - 0
Jill Stein - 0
Virgil Goode - 0
Rocky Anderson - 0

http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/24/w ... singlepage


And Saxi's post on 2008:

saxitoxin wrote:
2008 Reason staff votes (http://reason.com/archives/2008/10/29/w ... -your-vote):

    Obama (Democrat): 12
    Barr (Libertarian) 11
    Refuse to Vote: 6
    McCain (Republican): 4
    Did Not Disclose: 3
    Nader (unaffiliated): 1
    McKinney (Green): 0
    Baldwin (Constitution): 0


Nothing seems off about the post 2008 change? Did all the Dem voters and Republicans get fired? What happened to the Nader guy? They all shifted to the Libertarian Party the new editor wrote a book about?

Please.


In other words,

"A conspiracy! These people cannot change their minds. Obviously, there is no other possibility other than the fact that the new editor either eliminated the non-LP'ers or forced the staff to either vote LP or not vote at all!

In no way were the 2008 Obama-voters at all dismayed about Obama's past 4 years. There's no way they could've concluded that Obama sucks; therefore, they would not vote for him again. No way! <dons tinfoil hat> And the Libertarian Party with their $3 million is funding such places to make their workers vote LP or not at all"


You can stop digging your intellectual grave, Sym. 20 feet should be more than enough.


Stay classy dude, you don't need to be discussing my grave in any theoretical or intellectual capacity.

I simply give you the stats given to me, by TGD and Saxi. It looks odd, that difference, no? I understand what you're saying, but all the Obama folk, all the McCain folk, and the Nader weirdo, they all flipped to the Libertarians? Or told their editor they weren't gonna vote?

You'd think that if was just a problem they had with the Obama presidency those Repubs would still be voting Republican.


I'll just park that here.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

Why does it look odd? There needs to be some more analysis here between "People voted differently in 2012 than in 2008" (which is what the data shows) and your attempt at trolling - "The editor is making people vote a certain way or admit to voting a certain way in 2012."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Why does it look odd? There needs to be some more analysis here between "People voted differently in 2012 than in 2008" (which is what the data shows) and your attempt at trolling - "The editor is making people vote a certain way or admit to voting a certain way in 2012."


They hadn't voted- the polls were about what the magazine said its staff intended. You even posted one of those polls. How they actually vote is something neither you nor I can say. What we can say is that the figures for the magazine post 2008 (kudos to Saxi for digging that up) are very different from the figures you posted.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Why does it look odd? There needs to be some more analysis here between "People voted differently in 2012 than in 2008" (which is what the data shows) and your attempt at trolling - "The editor is making people vote a certain way or admit to voting a certain way in 2012."


They hadn't voted- the polls were about what the magazine said its staff intended. You even posted one of those polls. How they actually vote is something neither you nor I can say. What we can say is that the figures for the magazine post 2008 (kudos to Saxi for digging that up) are very different from the figures you posted.


Okay.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 pm

So anyway, now that we've got Symmetry's UFO and Bigfoot sightings out of the way, I like this street art -

Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:09 pm

saxitoxin wrote:So anyway, now that we've got Symmetry's UFO and Bigfoot sightings out of the way, I like this street art -

Image


I can only assume the editor of Reason magazine intimidated you into posting that.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:So anyway, now that we've got Symmetry's UFO and Bigfoot sightings out of the way, I like this street art -

Image


I can only assume the editor of Reason magazine intimidated you into posting that.


While you're both being kind of dickish about discussing stuff you both posted for discussion, it's still the spelling mistake that I find annoying in that picture.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:So anyway, now that we've got Symmetry's UFO and Bigfoot sightings out of the way, I like this street art -

Image


I can only assume the editor of Reason magazine intimidated you into posting that.


While you're both being kind of dickish about discussing stuff you both posted for discussion, it's still the spelling mistake that I find annoying in that picture.


I acknowledge you just made a post.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:So anyway, now that we've got Symmetry's UFO and Bigfoot sightings out of the way, I like this street art -

Image


I can only assume the editor of Reason magazine intimidated you into posting that.


While you're both being kind of dickish about discussing stuff you both posted for discussion, it's still the spelling mistake that I find annoying in that picture.


I acknowledge you just made a post.


Thank you for making a decent try at civility. I think we need to get TGD in on this.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

I thought I was perfectly civil with my "Okay." While I disagree with your analysis, there is no value in responding because you are convinced that you are correct and will not be budged or you are trolling.

In fact, if civility is defined as a response or acknowledgement of a post, then I was more civil than Saxi because I actually responded.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login