Romney was Better than Obama

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Okay, I'll start using pro-abortion or pro-death or anti-life then. That is more accurate.


Nope, you're being more inaccurate again. As I already said, someone can be pro-choice and not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice (woman chooses, using whichever God she chooses to believe in to help make the choice) but not pro-abortion, and not anti-life. "Life" should include the woman's life, and to me, "life" means much more than breathing, it's about quality of life as well.
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Romney was not a quick fix, but he wasn't intentionally trying to bankrupt the USA either


True, that's what Reagan did, in order to outspend the Soviets and get the Berlin wall torn down.
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby stahrgazer on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 pm

thegreekdog wrote: If you (and the media) is going to criticize Romney for lack of details, why was there no criticism of Obama?


Because Romney gave "details" by claiming that his plan would create 12 million new jobs, which cannot be true if he hadn't picked numbers - and out of his own words, he did not pick the numbers. If he doesn't know what the numbers need to be to create 12 million jobs, he should not have claimed "12 million new jobs," as part of his campaign. A slim majority of Americans saw thru his bogus claims.

Obama, on the other hand, said from the start, "this is going to be painful before it gets better, and I'll have to do some spending to hold us together until then," and that has been accurate. He has also continually, from the first, maintained that to work the deficit requires a balance between spending cuts and raised taxes. His plan to do that was to include incentives to businesses to help reduce unemployment by way of tax deductions for U.S. jobs created. In other words, any "penalties" would be toward those who want to create jobs anywhere but the US. No numbers on "jobs created" from his plan because it relies on businesses to wish to take advantage of the relief from the tax increases that so far, Congress has refused to budge on.

and again, OBAMA isn't the one who made the numbers a campaign claim, Romney is.

thegreekdog wrote: Now, you made the point that there is no direct funding for abortions. Let's assume that's correct. Let's say Planned Parenthood collects $100, $40 of which is from the government and $60 of which is from some other revenue stream. The $60 it gets from some other revenue stream is used to fund abortions. The $40 is not. But the $60 is indirectly funding the abortions. So, it's a problem.


Going with your idea of funding, if Cuban Americans send money to family still in Cuba, they're indirectly funding Communism and that's a problem, so we shouldn't let them send money to their families. I guess similarly, you think we shouldn't give money for milk for babies because the mother could get funds from other sources that she'll use for things that aren't milk which means you'd be indirectly funding those other things that SHE chooses, so that's all wrong.

By the way, in this part of Florida, Planned Parenthood doesn't do abortions; it's all medical screening like pap smears, less expensive contraception, or - when the contraception fails - pregnancy and family counseling.

As for whether Roe v. Wade is at risk... I'm not willing to risk it.
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
thegreekdog wrote: If you (and the media) is going to criticize Romney for lack of details, why was there no criticism of Obama?


Because Romney gave "details" by claiming that his plan would create 12 million new jobs, which cannot be true if he hadn't picked numbers - and out of his own words, he did not pick the numbers. If he doesn't know what the numbers need to be to create 12 million jobs, he should not have claimed "12 million new jobs," as part of his campaign. A slim majority of Americans saw thru his bogus claims.

Obama, on the other hand, said from the start, "this is going to be painful before it gets better, and I'll have to do some spending to hold us together until then," and that has been accurate. He has also continually, from the first, maintained that to work the deficit requires a balance between spending cuts and raised taxes. His plan to do that was to include incentives to businesses to help reduce unemployment by way of tax deductions for U.S. jobs created. In other words, any "penalties" would be toward those who want to create jobs anywhere but the US. No numbers on "jobs created" from his plan because it relies on businesses to wish to take advantage of the relief from the tax increases that so far, Congress has refused to budge on.

and again, OBAMA isn't the one who made the numbers a campaign claim, Romney is.

thegreekdog wrote: Now, you made the point that there is no direct funding for abortions. Let's assume that's correct. Let's say Planned Parenthood collects $100, $40 of which is from the government and $60 of which is from some other revenue stream. The $60 it gets from some other revenue stream is used to fund abortions. The $40 is not. But the $60 is indirectly funding the abortions. So, it's a problem.


Going with your idea of funding, if Cuban Americans send money to family still in Cuba, they're indirectly funding Communism and that's a problem, so we shouldn't let them send money to their families. I guess similarly, you think we shouldn't give money for milk for babies because the mother could get funds from other sources that she'll use for things that aren't milk which means you'd be indirectly funding those other things that SHE chooses, so that's all wrong.

By the way, in this part of Florida, Planned Parenthood doesn't do abortions; it's all medical screening like pap smears, less expensive contraception, or - when the contraception fails - pregnancy and family counseling.

As for whether Roe v. Wade is at risk... I'm not willing to risk it.


I know you claim you aren't partisan, but this is as partisan as it gets. You're literally searching for excuses and you've backed off of your "Obama provided details" claim.

I have no problem if you voted for Obama if you have a good reason for doing so. You had a few good reasons and that should be enough, but the rest of these things are simply not true statements; it's like I'm reading an Obama campaign email (of which I received hundreds).
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:31 pm

stahrgazer wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Romney was not a quick fix, but he wasn't intentionally trying to bankrupt the USA either


True, that's what Reagan did, in order to outspend the Soviets and get the Berlin wall torn down.


that's just adorable....
Dukasaur wrote:You can save yourself a lot of angst if you turn off CNN.

Image
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Timminz on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Maybe I'm wrong, but Mitt Romney seems to be the most mocked loser ever.

http://www.disappearingromney.com
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Captain Timminz
 
Posts: 5500
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Timminz wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but Mitt Romney seems to be the most mocked loser ever.

http://www.disappearingromney.com


This may simply be because of the internet, and everyone wanting to share their opinion on everything, and the infotainment media we have nowadays, and less to do with the actual candidate. But it could also be Romney.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25039
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I know you claim you aren't partisan, but this is as partisan as it gets. You're literally searching for excuses and you've backed off of your "Obama provided details" claim.

I have no problem if you voted for Obama if you have a good reason for doing so. You had a few good reasons and that should be enough, but the rest of these things are simply not true statements; it's like I'm reading an Obama campaign email (of which I received hundreds).


I never stated anything about whether I'm partisan or non-partisan. What does the term mean to you? I'm somewhat conservative, but not when it means, "capitalism without ethics," and not when it means, "my religion trumps women's freedom." The turns my (Republican) party has taken sometimes disgust me. Some of what the Demo party does sometimes disgust me too.

Meanwhile, I'm not searching for excuses at all, I'm refuting your ridiculous twists of what I said as you come up with them.

I never said Obama published his numbers, I said he had them; and later I specified they were always available in his budget. I also maintained all through this that my problem with Romney is, Romney kept claiming a specific number of (12 million) jobs his "plan" would create, yet Romney never had the numbers to back that up. I believe Mitt's LIES, trying to claim a non-existent analysis confirms a specific number of jobs that would end unemployment in the U.S., are worse than your concern with not personally reviewing Obama's budgets. Obama's plan, however, is very simply stated: raise taxes on the types of businesses that are sending jobs overseas; ask those who can afford it to pay a little more taxes from their personal wealth because our country is hurting and so are so many of its people right now; and give tax incentives (deductions) to companies that are creating jobs within the United States because those jobs are needed to help us out of this bind.

I actually had hoped not to vote for Obama, mainly because I disliked his use of executive order to stop border patrols from prosecuting and returning, illegal aliens. My thinking is, if we need immigration law reforms, then reform them, but don't stop the folks from doing the jobs we pay them to do: enforce the laws as they exist.

Alas, this year, just like last pres campaign, my party picked a-holes.
Prior election: McCain, mainly just too old and grumpy - albeit, a grumpy old man with a fairly nice history; but obviously going a tad senile for thinking we'd go for his vicious pitbull "appeal to teenie boppers and muscle-t men" Sarah vp pick - as well as needing to retire if he thought that his demeanor in the debates was appropriate (his reference to Obama as "That one!" really made me grind my teeth and while not many spoke of it, I do believe his nastiness back then was far worse than what we saw in this year's debates.)

This election's Romney, just too much the chameleon who'll say what he thinks he needs to say to win, whether he means it or not, whether it makes sense or not, and whether we see through it or not. He ran his campaign like his Bain Capital runs its ventures: make promises of all sorts to folks, when the real "promise" was always to himself and his investors. Called on facts that didn't add up frequently he frequently just ignored the questions. Essentially, a shyster; and one that was far too willing to go to the extreme right because that's where his investors wanted him, as shown by his extremist vp pick, Ryan, who thinks his religious principles should trump a woman's choice of which religious faith, if any, will guide her reproductive decisions. Maybe she shouldn't have sex, but not all women who get "unintentionally" pregnant have indiscriminate sex.

Bottom line, I voted for Obama, twice, because I believed he was the most candid and viable representative of the choices I was given - doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred a better choice.
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby notyou2 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Timminz wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but Mitt Romney seems to be the most mocked loser ever.

http://www.disappearingromney.com


This may simply be because of the internet, and everyone wanting to share their opinion on everything, and the infotainment media we have nowadays, and less to do with the actual candidate. But it could also be Romney.


--Andy


The correct spelling is infantainment.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Obama Formally Turns Over the Government to Committee of CEOs

Two dozen business leaders, including the chief executives of major U.S. corporations such as Ford, IBM and Wal-Mart, will meet President Barack Obama to discuss how to control the federal deficit, said the White House on Monday.

Business executives invited to meet the president on Wednesday were Mark Bertolini of Aetna Inc, Ursula Burns of Xerox Corp, Kenneth Chenault of American Express Co, David Cote of Honeywell International Inc, Michael Duke of Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Jeffrey Immelt of General Electric Co, Andrew Liveris of Dow Chemical Co, Robert McDonald of Procter & Gamble Co, Alan Mulally of Ford Motor Co, Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo Inc, Ginni Rometty of IBM, and John Watson of Chevron Corp.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/ ... me=topNews


Wal-Mart knows how to get the most out of people for the least amount of money. Good thinking by Obama to put Social Security in their hands.

(Good thing Romney wasn't elected. It would suck if corporations ran America. We really dodged a bullet there.)
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Obama Formally Turns Over the Government to Committee of CEOs

Two dozen business leaders, including the chief executives of major U.S. corporations such as Ford, IBM and Wal-Mart, will meet President Barack Obama to discuss how to control the federal deficit, said the White House on Monday.

Business executives invited to meet the president on Wednesday were Mark Bertolini of Aetna Inc, Ursula Burns of Xerox Corp, Kenneth Chenault of American Express Co, David Cote of Honeywell International Inc, Michael Duke of Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Jeffrey Immelt of General Electric Co, Andrew Liveris of Dow Chemical Co, Robert McDonald of Procter & Gamble Co, Alan Mulally of Ford Motor Co, Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo Inc, Ginni Rometty of IBM, and John Watson of Chevron Corp.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/ ... me=topNews


Wal-Mart knows how to get the most out of people for the least amount of money. Good thinking by Obama to put Social Security in their hands.

(Good thing Romney wasn't elected. It would suck if corporations ran America. We really dodged a bullet there.)

Yeah, it's a relief that Obama is such a committed Marxist. I'm sure he'll have the corporate nabobs sent to a re-education camp.
:lol:
User avatar
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 9461
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Obama Unveils 2nd Term Environmental Program: "We'll Beat the Crap out of Environmentalists"

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar threatened to punch a reporter on a recent trip to Colorado, according to witnesses.

Dave Philipps, a reporter for the Colorado Springs Gazette, tried to ask Salazar about his appointments to the Bureau of Land Management and the wild horse population in the state. Specifically, Philipps had questions about the government's relationship with a wild horse buyer who allegedly sold more than 1,700 horses to Mexican slaughterhouses.

Ginger Kathrens, executive director of the Cloud Foundation, witnessed the exchange between Salazar and a reporter. Her organization put out a release cataloging the exchange and blasting Salazar for his treatment of the press.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 49402.html
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby oVo on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 am

Bait & Switch... Saxi, that's another Headline that doesn't match the contents.
Which is similar to much campaign rhetoric.
User avatar
Colonel oVo
 
Posts: 3128
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Antarctica
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:19 am

stahrgazer wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I know you claim you aren't partisan, but this is as partisan as it gets. You're literally searching for excuses and you've backed off of your "Obama provided details" claim.

I have no problem if you voted for Obama if you have a good reason for doing so. You had a few good reasons and that should be enough, but the rest of these things are simply not true statements; it's like I'm reading an Obama campaign email (of which I received hundreds).


I never stated anything about whether I'm partisan or non-partisan. What does the term mean to you? I'm somewhat conservative, but not when it means, "capitalism without ethics," and not when it means, "my religion trumps women's freedom." The turns my (Republican) party has taken sometimes disgust me. Some of what the Demo party does sometimes disgust me too.

Meanwhile, I'm not searching for excuses at all, I'm refuting your ridiculous twists of what I said as you come up with them.

I never said Obama published his numbers, I said he had them; and later I specified they were always available in his budget. I also maintained all through this that my problem with Romney is, Romney kept claiming a specific number of (12 million) jobs his "plan" would create, yet Romney never had the numbers to back that up. I believe Mitt's LIES, trying to claim a non-existent analysis confirms a specific number of jobs that would end unemployment in the U.S., are worse than your concern with not personally reviewing Obama's budgets. Obama's plan, however, is very simply stated: raise taxes on the types of businesses that are sending jobs overseas; ask those who can afford it to pay a little more taxes from their personal wealth because our country is hurting and so are so many of its people right now; and give tax incentives (deductions) to companies that are creating jobs within the United States because those jobs are needed to help us out of this bind.

I actually had hoped not to vote for Obama, mainly because I disliked his use of executive order to stop border patrols from prosecuting and returning, illegal aliens. My thinking is, if we need immigration law reforms, then reform them, but don't stop the folks from doing the jobs we pay them to do: enforce the laws as they exist.

Alas, this year, just like last pres campaign, my party picked a-holes.
Prior election: McCain, mainly just too old and grumpy - albeit, a grumpy old man with a fairly nice history; but obviously going a tad senile for thinking we'd go for his vicious pitbull "appeal to teenie boppers and muscle-t men" Sarah vp pick - as well as needing to retire if he thought that his demeanor in the debates was appropriate (his reference to Obama as "That one!" really made me grind my teeth and while not many spoke of it, I do believe his nastiness back then was far worse than what we saw in this year's debates.)

This election's Romney, just too much the chameleon who'll say what he thinks he needs to say to win, whether he means it or not, whether it makes sense or not, and whether we see through it or not. He ran his campaign like his Bain Capital runs its ventures: make promises of all sorts to folks, when the real "promise" was always to himself and his investors. Called on facts that didn't add up frequently he frequently just ignored the questions. Essentially, a shyster; and one that was far too willing to go to the extreme right because that's where his investors wanted him, as shown by his extremist vp pick, Ryan, who thinks his religious principles should trump a woman's choice of which religious faith, if any, will guide her reproductive decisions. Maybe she shouldn't have sex, but not all women who get "unintentionally" pregnant have indiscriminate sex.

Bottom line, I voted for Obama, twice, because I believed he was the most candid and viable representative of the choices I was given - doesn't mean I wouldn't have preferred a better choice.


See my response in the other thread for more details. I didn't vote for Romney, mostly because he was too conservative for me socially and I was not convinced he was conservative enough fiscally. So I have no skin in this game. Based on what you've said so far, you should have either voted for Obama (based on your seemingly blind worship of him as a good Reagan Republican) or Gary Johnson (if you are a small government person). I believe you are a statist with respect to economics and a libertarian with respect to social issues. This puts you squarely in the Democratic Party and your parroting of rhetoric makes sense.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

thegreekdog wrote: Based on what you've said so far, you should have either voted for Obama (based on your seemingly blind worship of him as a good Reagan Republican) or Gary Johnson (if you are a small government person). I believe you are a statist with respect to economics and a libertarian with respect to social issues. This puts you squarely in the Democratic Party and your parroting of rhetoric makes sense.


1) I'm not blind
2) I'm not parroting rhetoric, I did my own data searches.
3) Since I almost never listen to anything but Republican talk show hosts, I never heard any Democratic rhetoric to parrot unless it was during the debates.
4) I've found a few, "How Dem are you," and "How Repub are you" quizzes on various sites. When I take them, I'm squarely in the middle, but if I change my pro-choice stance to anti-choice, I'm squarely Republican.
Image
User avatar
Captain stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BunnRee, patches70 and 2 guests

Login