1 peter 3:15

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 am

I'm curious,how seriously do the Christians on this forum,or in general, take the obligation as expressed in their holy book, ie 1 peter 3;15?As I read it,it is a call to explain to all who ask,the reason for the hope in their hearts.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 am

User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby swimmerdude99 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:20 am

chang50 wrote:I'm curious,how seriously do the Christians on this forum,or in general, take the obligation as expressed in their holy book, ie 1 peter 3;15?As I read it,it is a call to explain to all who ask,the reason for the hope in their hearts.

I most certainly do. Whenever I am asked why I'm alright in a tough situation, the first thing they will hear is that God is sovereign, he is my strength and my comfort. And no situation can take that away from me. I live for him because he lived for me!!
Image

High Score: 2992
User avatar
Major swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:45 pm

The reason I asked was this seems like a clear obligation yet it is widely ignored by so many who are just 'nominally' Christian,or Christian-lite.The lack of responses here shows this.I asked,all Christians who saw it were obliged to reply,very few did.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:50 pm

chang50 wrote:The reason I asked was this seems like a clear obligation yet it is widely ignored by so many who are just 'nominally' Christian,or Christian-lite.The lack of responses here shows this.I asked,all Christians who saw it were obliged to reply,very few did.


I think you may have misunderstood the verse, and, of course, people don't always like responding to a demand for a reply.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Symm, are you suggesting that if we were digging new out house holes and one of us was whistling, then the other asked, "What are you so happy about?" it would be different from this thread?
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 pm

2dimes wrote:Symm, are you suggesting that if we were digging new out house holes and one of us was whistling, then the other asked, "What are you so happy about?" it would be different from this thread?


The intricacies of Christian theology often elude me, so I'd have to say "maybe".
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 pm

chang50 wrote:As I read it,it is a call to explain to all who ask,the reason for the hope in their hearts.


do you find christians who do this admirable or irritating?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Symmetry wrote:
chang50 wrote:The reason I asked was this seems like a clear obligation yet it is widely ignored by so many who are just 'nominally' Christian,or Christian-lite.The lack of responses here shows this.I asked,all Christians who saw it were obliged to reply,very few did.


I think you may have misunderstood the verse, and, of course, people don't always like responding to a demand for a reply.


Possibly I have misunderstood it although it seems clear,and the demand,or obligation to reply, appears to come from the bible itself not the inquirer.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 pm

john9blue wrote:
chang50 wrote:As I read it,it is a call to explain to all who ask,the reason for the hope in their hearts.


do you find christians who do this admirable or irritating?


Given that they were asked first,entirely admirable,even if I disagree with their reasons or beliefs.This verse does not allow Christians the option of ignoring the question if I interpret it correctly..
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm

chang50 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
chang50 wrote:The reason I asked was this seems like a clear obligation yet it is widely ignored by so many who are just 'nominally' Christian,or Christian-lite.The lack of responses here shows this.I asked,all Christians who saw it were obliged to reply,very few did.


I think you may have misunderstood the verse, and, of course, people don't always like responding to a demand for a reply.


Possibly I have misunderstood it although it seems clear,and the demand,or obligation to reply, appears to come from the bible itself not the inquirer.


I'm not sure I see it as a demand or obligation to reply in quite the same way you do. A suggestion for a better Christian, rather than a command.

I wouldn't think anyone a bad Christian if they held back or turned the other cheek.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Symmetry wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
chang50 wrote:The reason I asked was this seems like a clear obligation yet it is widely ignored by so many who are just 'nominally' Christian,or Christian-lite.The lack of responses here shows this.I asked,all Christians who saw it were obliged to reply,very few did.


I think you may have misunderstood the verse, and, of course, people don't always like responding to a demand for a reply.


Possibly I have misunderstood it although it seems clear,and the demand,or obligation to reply, appears to come from the bible itself not the inquirer.


I'm not sure I see it as a demand or obligation to reply in quite the same way you do. A suggestion for a better Christian, rather than a command.

I wouldn't think anyone a bad Christian if they held back or turned the other cheek.


Perhaps a Christian could shed some light on this?
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Why would they want to?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby chang50 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Symmetry wrote:Why would they want to?


Why not?
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: 1 peter 3:15

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 pm

chang50 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Why would they want to?


Why not?


It's not exactly a hospitable environment you've set up to trap them in.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baron Von PWN, chang50, TheQuietOne and 7 guests

Login