4chan is my hero

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 pm

I'll wait until you calm down and read what I've been typing. Hopefully, you'll realize how much you've been misconstruing things. If you don't take this advice, then I can no longer convince you that you've got this all wrong.

But no worries for me! Sunk costs are sunk--woo!
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I'll wait until you calm down and read what I've been typing. Hopefully, you'll realize how much you've been misconstruing things. If you don't take this advice, then I can no longer convince you that you've got this all wrong.

But no worries for me! Sunk costs are sunk--woo!


Oh dear- have I disagreed with you too much? Did the death poll stuff you were so recently banned for perhaps take the edge off of what you think I should be doing?

I'll stick with staying alive and posting my opinions, and maybe you can tone down your threats and general rhetoric.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:I'll wait until you calm down and read what I've been typing. Hopefully, you'll realize how much you've been misconstruing things. If you don't take this advice, then I can no longer convince you that you've got this all wrong.

But no worries for me! Sunk costs are sunk--woo!


Oh dear- have I disagreed with you too much? Did the death poll stuff you were so recently banned for perhaps take the edge off of what you think I should be doing?

I'll stick with staying alive and posting my opinions, and maybe you can tone down your threats and general rhetoric.


Image


Haha! You sound so crazy, bro!
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 am

This is pretty tame for 4chun, but it goes a long way in showing the sheep-like mindset a large portion of the majority of the population has.

I can only imagine how Bieber's agents or whatnot will use this fake event in their favor to garner even more popularity.
Image
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 am

Symmetry wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.


Me either. That being said, the rumor is that he's quite the self-satisfied little jerk. So that could be part of it.


Sure, but this wasn't targeted at him, but at the young girls who have a crush on him. That's the key difference. Bieber wasn't the target, it was a bunch of kids who had adolescent crushes. That's why it's nasty and manipulative.


I don't disagree with you, but what you said is irrelevant to my point and the point I was responding to.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:48 am

Army of GOD wrote:This is pretty tame for 4chun, but it goes a long way in showing the sheep-like mindset a large portion of the majority of the population has.

I can only imagine how Bieber's agents or whatnot will use this fake event in their favor to garner even more popularity.

The simplest way would be for Bieber to shave his head bald in solidarity with his fans who got trolled. Of course, the trolls would love it, too, they'd have gotten a pop star to shave his head.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm

I don't like any of Beibers music, of the little I have heard, but I know on New Years last year my good buddy came across him on either chat roulette or some other site, and my buddy told him to hold on and went to get his son because he was a huge fan. It took him about 10 minutes to find his kid and tell him to get his ass home if he wants to talk to Justin Beiber, and when they got back, Justin was still there waiting for him and totally make Jacob's month.

Not a punk in my book
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:This is pretty tame for 4chun, but it goes a long way in showing the sheep-like mindset a large portion of the majority of the population has.

I can only imagine how Bieber's agents or whatnot will use this fake event in their favor to garner even more popularity.

The simplest way would be for Bieber to shave his head bald in solidarity with his fans who got trolled. Of course, the trolls would love it, too, they'd have gotten a pop star to shave his head.

So, everyone wins then.
Now is not the time to divide ourselves, to relish in letters by men long dead. Now is the time to come and work together in order to bring this country onto the right track. We are all citizens of this country, it is time to treat eachother as equals.
User avatar
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy
 
Posts: 11470
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Back in Black
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby maasman on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I don't like any of Beibers music, of the little I have heard, but I know on New Years last year my good buddy came across him on either chat roulette or some other site, and my buddy told him to hold on and went to get his son because he was a huge fan. It took him about 10 minutes to find his kid and tell him to get his ass home if he wants to talk to Justin Beiber, and when they got back, Justin was still there waiting for him and totally make Jacob's month.

Not a punk in my book


That's pretty awesome, even if I don't like him very much.
Image
User avatar
Colonel maasman
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: River Falls, USA
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (12) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (13)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Not a punk in my book


Sure, but you like Romney too, so I'm not sure that's worth much.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4973
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I don't like any of Beibers music, of the little I have heard, but I know on New Years last year my good buddy came across him on either chat roulette or some other site, and my buddy told him to hold on and went to get his son because he was a huge fan. It took him about 10 minutes to find his kid and tell him to get his ass home if he wants to talk to Justin Beiber, and when they got back, Justin was still there waiting for him and totally make Jacob's month.

Not a punk in my book


Thanks for that - he's certainly gone up in my estimation with that story.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login