Conquer Club

4chan is my hero

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

4chan is my hero

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 pm

If you haven't heard, 4chan users started a rumor that Justin Beiber was diagnosed with cancer, and started a campaign called "Bald for Beiber".
Stupid fan girls are shaving their heads to "Support Justin, OHMAGAWD"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_CGUVW1Xk
Captain Mr_Adams

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 pm

2dimes wrote:Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?

I have no preference while making myself a woman suit.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?

I have no preference while making myself a bald woman suit.

Hmmm.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.

seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.

seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.

Me either. That being said, the rumor is that he's quite the self-satisfied little jerk. So that could be part of it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Yes, it's a fairly bad thing to do. I still can't help but find it amusing, like feeding seagulls at a crowded beach with laxatives.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:22 pm

john9blue wrote:

I've never had anything against him, but his fans are quite annoying. Though not enough to really deserve this
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
john9blue wrote:

I've never had anything against him, but his fans are quite annoying. Though not enough to really deserve this

that's how it always is. the vast majority of a famous public figure's fans exemplify the figure's worst traits and lack the figure's good traits. the vast majority of them are stupider too. that is why they are fans.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:

Me either. That being said, the rumor is that he's quite the self-satisfied little jerk. So that could be part of it.

Sure, but this wasn't targeted at him, but at the young girls who have a crush on him. That's the key difference. Bieber wasn't the target, it was a bunch of kids who had adolescent crushes. That's why it's nasty and manipulative.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 pm

It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.

Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.

Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.

The kind of adolescent fandom among young girls experiencing their first crush ain't new. Beatlemania, Take That (in the UK), or any number of other crushes- it's part of growing up.

Exploiting teenage crushes for "lulz" seems crappy and cruel, especially if you're a 20 year old man like Mr Adams.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.

The kind of adolescent fandom among young girls experiencing their first crush ain't new. Beatlemania, Take That (in the UK), or any number of other crushes- it's part of growing up.

Exploiting teenage crushes for "lulz" seems crappy and cruel, especially if you're a 20 year old man like Mr Adams.

There are unintended good consequences. I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda guy.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

There are unintended good consequences. I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda guy.

Troll on, BBS.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Symmetry wrote:

What?
WHAT?????

Did you just compare justin bieber to The Beatles???????????????

FOED.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

What?
WHAT?????

Did you just compare justin bieber to The Beatles???????????????

FOED.

Sure- teenage girl crush wise.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:40 pm

the beatles' music during their first few years was roughly as shitty as bieber's music. don't kid yourselves.
Captain john9blue

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I only report. I didn't do shit.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Timminz on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I agree. I wish we could go back to a time when the exploitation of teen crushes was used exclusively for making money.
Captain Timminz

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I only report. I didn't do shit.

Consider me the good cop- I understand you. All those teenage girls acting as if they're all that. The thing is, I've got this partner, and he doesn't understand things the way that you and I do. He thinks bullying 14 year old girls on the internet isn't funny. He's kind of psycho.

Anyway, I'm going to step out and get some coffee.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Troll on, BBS.

So trying to hold a discussion on unintended good consequences is trolling?

So far, you've portrayed yourself as very negative because you've only focused on costs (hence glass half-empty). How does my guess on your seemingly evident behavior constitute as trolling?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Your defense of a troll site getting a bunch of adolescent girls to shave their heads for your amusement, or as some kind of benefit to their own self-worth indicates trolling.

That's more indicative of a soul half-empty attitude regarding your good self.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:Your defense of a troll site getting a bunch of adolescent girls to shave their heads for your amusement, or as some kind of benefit to their own self-worth indicates trolling.

I already explained what I found interesting about this, so if you read that, then you'd realize that your allegations are groundless.

How is being interested in the role of prices (and incentives) of this situation and mentioning a positive unintended consequence equal defending this plan by a few individuals?

(And focusing only on costs does not produce useful analysis, nor does wrongly accusing me of trolling and (un)intentionally misconstruing my position contribute in any beneficial sense. Therefore, you're still being a glass half-empty person).
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:57 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Your defense of a troll site getting a bunch of adolescent girls to shave their heads for your amusement, or as some kind of benefit to their own self-worth indicates trolling.

I already explained what I found interesting about this, so if you read that, then you'd realize that your allegations are groundless.

How is being interested in the role of prices (and incentives) of this situation and mentioning a positive unintended consequence equal defending this plan by a few individuals?

(And focusing only on costs does not produce useful analysis, nor does wrongly accusing me of trolling and (un)intentionally misconstruing my position contribute in any beneficial sense. Therefore, you're still being a glass half-empty person).

Such a troll. There really is no "glass half full" take on a troll site exploiting tweenage girls.
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,