Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?


What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.


I'm not sure what you mean.


I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?


What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.


I'm not sure what you mean.


I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?


I went with the general UK take that you are in favor of voter identification laws. This thread further proves the point I suppose.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:32 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?


What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.


I'm not sure what you mean.


I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?


I went with the general UK take that you are in favor of voter identification laws. This thread further proves the point I suppose.


Kind of odd- the UK stance on voter ID has been consistently against imposing national identification. UK elections don't require ID. Did you get confused?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So Symm, does this mean you are in favor of voter identification?


What do you mean? If you mean state issued voter ID cards, then no. It seems like a poor solution to a virtually non-existent problem.


I'm not sure what you mean.


I had no idea what you meant either, so I went with the general right wing US take as your position. Where do you stand?


I went with the general UK take that you are in favor of voter identification laws. This thread further proves the point I suppose.


Kind of odd- the UK stance on voter ID has been consistently against imposing national identification. UK elections don't require ID. Did you get confused?


So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm

thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.

I appreciate that you want to derail the one thread discussing Republicans engaging in electoral fraud, as opposed to your fellow travelers accusing the Democrats. Perhaps you'll do me the favour of weighing the posted evidence before you post next.

(Doing my best to sound proper English mate)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.

I appreciate that you want to derail the one thread discussing Republicans engaging in electoral fraud, as opposed to your fellow travelers accusing the Democrats. Perhaps you'll do me the favour of weighing the posted evidence before you post next.

(Doing my best to sound proper English mate)


Why?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby HapSmo19 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:21 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)


If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?
User avatar
Lieutenant HapSmo19
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: Willamette Valley
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 am

HapSmo19 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)


If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?


It appears that Symm is in favor of voter identification cards, so long as these cards are not national ID cards. I would say he's pro-voter ID cards in that instance. Seems pretty clear to me.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Woodruff on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Daily Kos wrote:Several voters in Florida got an unwelcome surprise in their mailboxes recently--official-looking letters saying that they may not be eligible to vote. There's one problem--they aren't real. Voters in at least 23 counties have gotten these letters. Most of them are registered Republicans. For instance, nine voters in Brevard, Osceola, Orange and Seminole counties in central Florida have gotten these letters--and all of them are Republicans. Since the letters were postmarked from Seattle, both the FBI and state officials are investigating.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/2 ... le-to-vote


oops, wrong thread - sorry


The letters were postmarked from SEATTLE?!!??!?!?! To Florida? Egad. <chuckle>

That being said, I hope these fuckers get prosecuted harshly.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
HapSmo19 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)


If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?


It appears that Symm is in favor of voter identification cards, so long as these cards are not national ID cards. I would say he's pro-voter ID cards in that instance. Seems pretty clear to me.


Nope, I don't support voter ID cards either. Perhaps you could take a time out and state your position on the Republican election fraud.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Will Republicans try to hire a Navajo rain dancer to cause a storm on election day?

For every inch-above-average Election Day rainfall in a county, the GOP presidential candidate received a 2.5 percent boost in the polls, according to a 2007 study in The Journal of Politics based on data between the 1948 and 2000 elections.

Case and point: Among registered voters, 28 percent of Obama supporters said bad weather would impact whether they vote, compared with 19 percent of Romney voters, according to a September Weather Channel poll.

Florida — Scattered thunderstorms in battleground Pinellas County. Hillsborough County — home to left-leaning urban Tampa and its battleground counties — could also see stormy skies, with a 60 percent chance of scattered thunderstorms and temperatures in the 70s.

North Carolina — Much of the state — including Democratic stronghold Chapel Hill and its surrounding battleground counties, as well as Charlotte and Asheville — can expect showers and temperatures in the upper 40s to 50s.

Wisconsin — About a 30 percent chance of rain with temperatures in the 40s, including Democratic stronghold Madison, GOP strongholds of Washington and Ozaukee counties and battleground suburban-Milwaukee.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/11 ... z2B5RBC1c2
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Woodruff on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Will Republicans try to hire a Navajo rain dancer to cause a storm on election day?

For every inch-above-average Election Day rainfall in a county, the GOP presidential candidate received a 2.5 percent boost in the polls, according to a 2007 study in The Journal of Politics based on data between the 1948 and 2000 elections.

Case and point: Among registered voters, 28 percent of Obama supporters said bad weather would impact whether they vote, compared with 19 percent of Romney voters, according to a September Weather Channel poll.

Florida — Scattered thunderstorms in battleground Pinellas County. Hillsborough County — home to left-leaning urban Tampa and its battleground counties — could also see stormy skies, with a 60 percent chance of scattered thunderstorms and temperatures in the 70s.

North Carolina — Much of the state — including Democratic stronghold Chapel Hill and its surrounding battleground counties, as well as Charlotte and Asheville — can expect showers and temperatures in the upper 40s to 50s.

Wisconsin — About a 30 percent chance of rain with temperatures in the 40s, including Democratic stronghold Madison, GOP strongholds of Washington and Ozaukee counties and battleground suburban-Milwaukee.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/11 ... z2B5RBC1c2


"Case and point"?!?!??!?! GAHHHH!HH!!!H!HHHHH!!!!H!!HH!H!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4974
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
HapSmo19 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So your stance is at odds with the UK stance then? Good for you... going against the grain! If you put enough work in perhaps you can help get voter identification passed in the UK.


I don't share your enthusiasm, and as I've said many times, I oppose poll taxes and national ID cards.....)


If you were deemed stable, and were allowed to have a british drivers license, could that piece of identification be used to verify your identity in Scotland and/or northern Ireland?


It appears that Symm is in favor of voter identification cards, so long as these cards are not national ID cards. I would say he's pro-voter ID cards in that instance. Seems pretty clear to me.


Nope, I don't support voter ID cards either. Perhaps you could take a time out and state your position on the Republican election fraud.


So you support voter ID cards in local elections? That seems to be what you're driving at here.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6239
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Let's have a thread on Republican election fraud

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:39 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Nope, I don't support voter ID cards.


So you support voter ID cards in local elections? That seems to be what you're driving at here.


I'm baffled, I thought I was clear that I don't support voter ID cards.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login