The BBS Bet

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Well?

I FREAKIN' LOVE POLLS.
26%
You're gonna lose, BBS. Gonna lose real bad.
14%
I'm rooting for BBS. He's got this shit.
12%
Kittens.
16%
I'm agnostic.
9%
I feel aroused.
23%

Total votes : 43

Re: The BBS Bet

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 am

x-raider wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:inb4 BBS still doesn't post in OT till the specified deadline.

I thought about that, but what's the point?

After taking a break from this site, I'll likely post much less. This place, like many others, is stuck in the realm of opinion--even when low standards of evidence and 'facts' are presented. And unlike some, I'm not one for rhetoric--which is clearly super-effective (e.g. the recent presidential election, that recent shooting and another round of Gun Control debates between the two dumb sides: 'liberal' and conservative or Democrat v. Republican), nor am I in favor of entertaining anti-intellectuals like that nationalist farmer, the self-imagined academic/teacher, Batman Boy, and the English Sissy Tart.

Of course, one need not be an intellectual to be worthy of entertaining, but the person who (un)intentionally distorts information and only produces cyber poo isn't doing anyone any favors. They are sad, sad people with apparently very low opportunity costs. My pseudo-psychoanalysis indicates that they all suffer from low self-esteem, but if it's any consolation, they all have the capability to kill themselves or accidentally get themselves killed, which on net may be beneficial.

Instead, I'd rather spend more time reading and writing books and articles. Occasionally, I'll put this realm of opinion to good use.

For the Greater Glory of Ad Hominem,
BigBallinStalin

Voted for "post of the year"

Of course, some might not agree... but this is my opinion, and I shall keep it.

who is the nationalist farmer?
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: The BBS Bet

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:38 pm

The promised tournament has been posted. My forty-ninth tournament, entitled:
"Gratuitous Transfer of Wealth"

For the first week, sign-ups are restricted to freemium members. If you know some freemiums who would like a shot at winning Premium, please pass the world along to them. If the tourney has not filled by March 17th, it will on March 18th be open to Premium members also.
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five