Conquer Club

Phatscotty support thread.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Phatscotty support thread.

Postby Iliad on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 pm

Scotty I hope people like you run the Republican party. People who don't even want to try and engage the other side. People who don't even want to try to understand their arguments and just file it away as people wanting free shit.

Democrats would win for the next 20 years.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Iliad wrote:Scotty I hope people like you run the Republican party. People who don't even want to try and engage the other side. People who don't even want to try to understand their arguments and just file it away as people wanting free shit.
Democrats would win for the next 20 years.

This is a troll thread. No need to try to redefine me. I think people know who I am and what I'm about

For example: I never supported Romney, but you are acting like I was his number one fan. You probably don't even realize you are trying to torment a Ron Paul guy with Mitt Romney. :lol: The joke is on you

Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
The US has a free market? That's news to me. Please explain how the US has a free market economy.

I did not say that the US has a free market.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Lootifer wrote:There is plenty of economically free industries in the US and around the world.

Sure most of them are subject to at least some form of regulation. But that doesnt neccessarily mean that there is any significant distortion away from pareto efficiency.

I'm not worried about over-regulation or over-taxation. A free market is not a market in which lobbyists can obtain competitive advantages for their clients.

In related news, we're up to 1,200 Affordable Care Act waivers for various Obama-supporting companies.

I don't think we actually disagree on any financial issues Tbh. Sure base ideals are different but tomayto tomarto
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Lootifer wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
The US has a free market? That's news to me. Please explain how the US has a free market economy.

I did not say that the US has a free market.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Lootifer wrote:There is plenty of economically free industries in the US and around the world.

Sure most of them are subject to at least some form of regulation. But that doesnt neccessarily mean that there is any significant distortion away from pareto efficiency.

I'm not worried about over-regulation or over-taxation. A free market is not a market in which lobbyists can obtain competitive advantages for their clients.

In related news, we're up to 1,200 Affordable Care Act waivers for various Obama-supporting companies.

I don't think we actually disagree on any financial issues Tbh. Sure base ideals are different but tomayto tomarto

I'm not as ardently libertarian as someone like BBS. I know there should be regulation and taxation. My issue with both is that they are often and increasingly self-serving things. When the people and companies who are meant to be regulated or taxed are the ones directly or indirectly writing the regulations and taxes, we're no longer talking about a free market economy or anything close to a free market economy. Where you and I differ is how much we want the government to be involved generally. I want defense, police, fire, and that's about it.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Is this shit reportable? Baiting maybe?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Lootifer wrote:

Is this shit reportable? Baiting maybe?

Do you realize the name of the thread you are in??

always mind your surroundings

Major Phatscotty

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,