Now people are wanting their states to secede.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

Night Strike wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


As shallow as generations of slave owners in your country..


We currently live in the 21st century, not the 19th century. None of us today are responsible for the actions that took place then, yet the people who continue to blame every disagreement with Obama as being due to race are completely responsible for their own racist views.

I don't think that everyone who wants to secede only wants to secede because Obama is black, but you also can't deny that there are quite a few who base at least some their politics off of racism.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class MegaProphet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 am

Does the map include racist tweets with respect to Obama, or also racist tweets with respect to Romney?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

thegreekdog wrote:Does the map include racist tweets with respect to Obama, or also racist tweets with respect to Romney?

I believe the map only includes racist tweets directed toward Obama and not prejudice tweets directed toward Romney.

Edit: Here's an explanation of the map from the website that created it
http://www.floatingsheep.org/2012/11/fa ... ponse.html
Last edited by MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class MegaProphet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Frigidus on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm

I wish they'd just hurry up and secede. See you, good luck, please hand over our nuclear weapons on the way out!
User avatar
Sergeant Frigidus
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Does the map include racist tweets with respect to Obama, or also racist tweets with respect to Romney?

I believe the map only includes racist tweets directed toward Obama and not prejudice tweets directed toward Romney.

Edit: Here's an explanation of the map from the website that created it
http://www.floatingsheep.org/2012/11/fa ... ponse.html


Thanks.

I'm a bit confused by the following two statements:

The 395 tweets mentioned are the number of geocoded tweets referencing the given keywords from November 1 until November 7 at approximately 4:00 pm EST. This is NOT a sample, but the total population of geocoded tweets that matched our search criteria as outlined in the post. Geocoded tweets make up a tiny fraction of overall Twitter activity (could be as large as 5% or as small as less than 1%), so the actual number of tweets referencing these keywords is likely much, much larger, though we are not sure as to this number.


Finally, if this is your first response to our map, and not “that’s really f---ed up!”, then we probably have more important issues to deal with than the minutiae of our methodology. Though we endorse neither hatred, discrimination or violence against anyone, we refuse to acknowledge the equivalence of the terms being used to describe President Obama and Mitt Romney.


I don't think 395 tweets over a 6 day period is something that would make me say "that's really fucked up."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6224
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:10 pm

I feel like the distinction between racism against two different races is helping out racism as a whole. Isn't that in and of itself racism?
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5844
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Anyway, not that it'll ever happen because I'm sure Texas is a cashcow for the US and they'll never give it up, never gonna let it down, but it would surely be interesting if they tried.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5844
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


As shallow as generations of slave owners in your country..


We currently live in the 21st century, not the 19th century. None of us today are responsible for the actions that took place then, yet the people who continue to blame every disagreement with Obama as being due to race are completely responsible for their own racist views.

.....but you also can't deny that there are quite a few who base at least some their politics off of racism.


Happens here all the time.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=181306&start=0&p=3958080&view=show#p3958080

ooh! Another one!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=181246#p3957053
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


How shallow are you in believing that Obama wasn't born in America......or is the real reason the colour of his skin and his racial heritage???
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 pm

and there's one who's politics are dependent on birtherism and racism
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

There was a president that it is strongly believed that he was born in Quebec, but it ain't Obama.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


How shallow are you in believing that Obama wasn't born in America......or is the real reason the colour of his skin and his racial heritage???


Considering I don't believe he was born in another country, what other false premises do you have to base YOUR beliefs on?
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Night Strike wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


How shallow are you in believing that Obama wasn't born in America......or is the real reason the colour of his skin and his racial heritage???


Considering I don't believe he was born in another country, what other false premises do you have to base YOUR beliefs on?


Really? You weren't one of the birthers from 4 years back?
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


How shallow are you in believing that Obama wasn't born in America......or is the real reason the colour of his skin and his racial heritage???


Considering I don't believe he was born in another country, what other false premises do you have to base YOUR beliefs on?


Really? You weren't one of the birthers from 4 years back?


No. I believe he should have shown his birth certificate, just like he should have shown all the other past records that he has refused to show, but that doesn't mean I believe he was born elsewhere. He did however spend a lot of his young years in Indonesia as well as learning about an idealized father who hated capitalism (under the guise of hating colonialism), which is why he grew up having desires of "fundamentally transforming" the US.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby karel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 pm

if they want to go,f*ck them,good bye,we did not like ur state anyways,little piss ants
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class karel
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: montana........rolling in the mud with the hippies
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Where did you get the part about "desires to fundamentally transform the US"? Reference please.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:09 pm

notyou2 wrote:Where did you get the part about "desires to fundamentally transform the US"? Reference please.




Congratulations for winning the Living Under a Rock award...
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Maugena on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

I was expecting him to be pro-secession. I got him pegged wrong.
In fact, I actually agree with what he's saying. It is idiocy. Channel your frustration in a more productive manner.
A stunt like this is pointless.
It's also pretty funny to note that they seem to think they're being courageous and Beck is being a coward.
I don't follow their delusional train of thought in the slightest.
notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like a black man as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.

Black is the politically correct term. Not African American. You had it in the first sentence, not sure why not the second.
Just a general statement here, but anyone that disagrees: What should we call you? British American? German American? You probably don't do that for whites, so why do that for blacks?
chang50 wrote:As shallow as generations of slave owners in your country..

Slavery has been a part of every culture and still is, unfortunately.
Night Strike wrote:None of us today are responsible for the actions that took place then, yet the people who continue to blame every disagreement with Obama as being due to race are completely responsible for their own racist views.

@Bolded: Indeed
@Underlined: There are racists out there, that is an undeniable fact. That being said, they are (more-than-likely, only) a minority (hopefully). The majority that are in disagreement with Obama have either been screwed in some way shape or form or are just a partisan not of the Democratic party.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
User avatar
New Recruit Maugena
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Maugena wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I was expecting him to be pro-secession. I got him pegged wrong.
In fact, I actually agree with what he's saying. It is idiocy. Channel your frustration in a more productive manner.
A stunt like this is pointless.
It's also pretty funny to note that they seem to think they're being courageous and Beck is being a coward.
I don't follow their delusional train of thought in the slightest.
notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like a black man as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.

Black is the politically correct term. Not African American. You had it in the first sentence, not sure why not the second.
Just a general statement here, but anyone that disagrees: What should we call you? British American? German American? You probably don't do that for whites, so why do that for blacks?
chang50 wrote:As shallow as generations of slave owners in your country..

Slavery has been a part of every culture and still is, unfortunately.


HAHA! At least you caught it. Which means you watched it. Kudos. I was certain someone would be all over it like "crazy glenn beck leading the secession movement!"

btw, notyou2 and company are always bringing race into it, exactly the way you would expect a racist to. Everything revolves around race. The first thing they think about, the first filter they use, race is the automatic go to presmise.

The racism is literal and blatant.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:35 am

Night Strike wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
bedub1 wrote:If they secede, the US won't have as large of a financial problem anymore, as the states that want to secede take in more tax revenue from the blue states then they give back.

The governors of these states know they are welfare states, sucking on the teet of the federal government, so there is no way they will ever secede.


Then why are all the blue states massively in debt?

And most of the money to red states is mandated by the federal government, not because those citizens actually want the government's handouts.

notyou2 wrote:I believe most of them can't stand the thought of another 4 years of a black man as president. It's not that they hate democrats, or liberals, they don't like an African American as their commander in chief. They are behaving like the whiny child, a bunch of spoiled brats and sore losers.


How shallow are your beliefs that you would care about the color of a person's skin over the content of their character or the policy positions they take?


How shallow are you in believing that Obama wasn't born in America......or is the real reason the colour of his skin and his racial heritage???


Considering I don't believe he was born in another country, what other false premises do you have to base YOUR beliefs on?


Really? You weren't one of the birthers from 4 years back?


No. I believe he should have shown his birth certificate, just like he should have shown all the other past records that he has refused to show, but that doesn't mean I believe he was born elsewhere. He did however spend a lot of his young years in Indonesia as well as learning about an idealized father who hated capitalism (under the guise of hating colonialism), which is why he grew up having desires of "fundamentally transforming" the US.


The biggest supporters of birtherism are the Liberals and Progressives. They use it to ridicule their opposition....the mark of a winner, and right out of Socialist Saul Alinsky's playbook.

I think Obama should have shown it just to shut people up, why let it drag on for years like that? Oh, right, because Obama views the controversy as a positive.....and sandbagging his birth certificate for 2 years was just a calculated political maneuver.

Obama was a citizen of Indonesia at one time though. That is a fact and cannot be denied. And that fact, no matter the reason or who's fault it was, adds to the confusion. Throw in his foreign scholarship he got to get into Occidental, and his name which translates "blessed one" in Arabic, throw in he gave up his Americanized name of "Barry" and chose his Muslim name around the same time he says he "found Christ".....you got yourself reasons for suspicion. Not that I suspect he isn't an American, but I understand the confusion. It's the bootlickers who ignore everything, and just take an elitist silver tongued Ivy-league educated 1%'er lawyer with political ambitions and a propensity to flip positions back and forth, who take Obama's word as gospel.

The simple truth is many people have a hard time believing Obama is an American because he is so anti-American in thought and action. He doesn't give a crap about the Constitution, Liberty, Freedom, and he attacks and ridicules the people who do give a crap about the Constitution, Liberty, and Freedom. Only people immersed in the counter culture are unable to see this, and that's why people who hate America the most all around the world are Obama's biggest supporters. They support him because they know he will weaken and bankrupt America.

Look at what is going on in the Middle East immediately after the election. Al-qada and Islamic extremists, upon seeing Obama re-elected, got the message loud and clear. "Green light to attack Israel" As if Obama's actions of supporting the uprisings in any country that was at peace with Israel, and remaining silent about the uprisings in countries hostile towards Israel, was not enough to show that when he speaks about being Israels biggest supporter and having Israel's back, he is just showing off his "flexibility"

"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 am

Ooh, is this the thread where I can be all hipster and be like, "pfft, Oregon's wanted to secede for years before it was cool," eh?

GreecePwns wrote:I say let 'em go. Why should anyone force them to be a part of the country?

Besides, the breakup of America has many drastic foreign policy implications which can only be good for world peace.


You. I like you.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 am

ok, back on topic

i remember hearing in a show about Texas how they were a separate country & they chose to join the US. however there is nothing in the Constitution that would allow them to leave, let alone any other state.

is this true?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 am

greenoaks wrote:ok, back on topic

i remember hearing in a show about Texas how they were a separate country & they chose to join the US. however there is nothing in the Constitution that would allow them to leave, let alone any other state.

is this true?


Yes, Texas was its own country after it broke away from Mexico prior to joining the US. In order to become a state, the territory must set up a representative democracy for the state government and ratify the Constitution. Neither becoming a state nor dissolving as a state-member of the US are outlined in the Constitution. Theoretically, all a state would have to do is vote to withdraw its consent to be governed by the federal government and to un-ratify the Constitution. The states formed the federal government; the federal government did NOT form the states.
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am

Night Strike wrote:Theoretically, all a state would have to do is vote to withdraw its consent to be governed by the federal government and to un-ratify the Constitution. The states formed the federal government; the federal government did NOT form the states.


Texas tried that once. It did not work out so well for them.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4285
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Now people are wanting their states to secede.

Postby stahrgazer on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Night Strike wrote:No. I believe he should have shown his birth certificate, just like he should have shown all the other past records that he has refused to show, but that doesn't mean I believe he was born elsewhere. He did however spend a lot of his young years in Indonesia as well as learning about an idealized father who hated capitalism (under the guise of hating colonialism), which is why he grew up having desires of "fundamentally transforming" the US.


He SHOWED his birth certificate, the only one allowed to be given out per Hawaii (A STATE) laws.

Metsfanmax wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Theoretically, all a state would have to do is vote to withdraw its consent to be governed by the federal government and to un-ratify the Constitution. The states formed the federal government; the federal government did NOT form the states.


Texas tried that once. It did not work out so well for them.


A group of states tried it too... a REPUBLICAN refused them the "right" to secede.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class stahrgazer
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Location: Figment of the Imagination...
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login