Conquer Club

No no no no! Not another remake!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: No no no no! Not another remake!

Postby daddy1gringo on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 am

daddy1gringo wrote:
Serbia wrote:... one of the worst movies ever, the Sound of Music ...
spurgistan wrote:For some reason, my vhs recording of Sound of Music abruptly switched to a special on pandas during the wedding scene. If this remake doesn't do that, it loses about 70% of the reason I enjoyed Sound of Music.
...yeah, no blood, no tits, nothing blows up,...what a frackin' waste of time.

Serbia wrote:Sorry, that has nothing to do with my reasons for hating that movie. I hate over 95% of the musicals I've ever seen. Singing and dancing make some people happy, but they just make me hate everything. There have been plenty of movies that I've enjoyed that don't have tits or explosions or blood, but Sound of Music isn't one of them.

spurgistan wrote:You... know nothing about my taste in movies, broseph. I don't think Pauline Kael knocked the lack of tits or explosions in her famous review of The Sound of Music. But clearly, anybody who doesn't like a movie you like is some sort of caveman.
You're right. Even before your responses, I was thinking of posting a semi-retraction. Not everybody who dislikes the movie is as I characterized them in my post. (just, I would wager, the vast majority, but you may be exceptions)

Serbia, have you seen Fiddler on the Roof?
The right answer to the wrong question is still the wrong answer to the real question.
Lieutenant daddy1gringo

Location: Connecticut yankee expatriated in Houston, Texas area, by way of Isabela, NW PR

Re: No no no no! Not another remake!

Postby Serbia on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 pm

daddy1gringo wrote:Serbia, have you seen Fiddler on the Roof?

I have. Though, I haven't seen it since I was in my early teens, and I never was able to give it my full attention for the entire movie. However, I did enjoy it.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,