Conquer Club

An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What are the facts? Please keep an open mind and read the article first before casting your vote.

Total votes : 0

Re: An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:24 am

ok, just one more.
How many creatures were there in the ark? to the nearest thousand?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 am

jonesthecurl wrote:ok, just one more.

Still waiting...
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 am

Jonesy, little known fact, the Ark was Mary Poppins bag.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby premio53 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:40 am

The total cubic volume of the ark would have been 1,518,000 cubic feet [462,686.4 cubic meters] --that would be equal to the capacity of 569 modern railroad stock cars. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep (none had to be full grown) and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah’s family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space. The following site breaks it down quite thoroughly.
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

The bottom line is you will believe anything you want to believe. Whether it is an organized universe coming into being by some mythical explosion or life spontaneously forming from dead matter. You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "if there is a train let it run over me right now!" And because the train doesn't immediately come by and crush you, there is a sense of how smart and wise you are by showing the superstitious world that there is no train to worry about. However, it will come on schedule and it will crush you.

"But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God." - Romans 2:5
Lieutenant premio53

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 pm

premio53 wrote:

The total cubic volume of the ark would have been 1,518,000 cubic feet [462,686.4 cubic meters] --that would be equal to the capacity of 569 modern railroad stock cars. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep (none had to be full grown) and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah’s family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space. The following site breaks it down quite thoroughly.

The bottom line is you will believe anything you want to believe. Whether it is an organized universe coming into being by some mythical explosion or life spontaneously forming from dead matter. You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "if there is a train let it run over me right now!" And because the train doesn't immediately come by and crush you, there is a sense of how smart and wise you are by showing the superstitious world that there is no train to worry about. However, it will come on schedule and it will crush you.

"But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God." - Romans 2:5

Id make an analogy of how you compare to an ant, but I like ants, and I think in this context, I do not think they are stupid enough to make up fantasies about what created the world around them. And, they've been around for millions of years and likely will outlive all humans and probably feast on you when you're dead.

In any case, I think you are on the wrong set of tracks.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" - Jack Nicholson. The Shining by Steven King.
Last edited by AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

So there were 100,000 animals in the ark?
That's a lot of crap.

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Dino crap, duck crap, lion crap, wooly mammoth crap, snake crap...

Postby crispybits on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Major crispybits

Postby crispybits on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 pm

premio53 wrote:

The bottom line is you will believe anything you want to believe. Whether it is an organized universe coming into being by some mythical thing wishing it were so or life being created at the wave of it's "hand". You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "I think the timetable is a lie!" And because the train is late and doesn't immediately come by and crush you, there is a sense of how smart and wise you are by showing the natural world that you don't have to worry about trains. However, it will come along soon and it will crush your groundless dogma and irrational superstition.
Major crispybits

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Dino crap, duck crap, lion crap, wooly mammoth crap, snake crap...

Actually, thats an easy one to field the two dogs ate it.

Seriously.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "I think the timetable is a lie!"

Ants have fists? And they can talk?
Incidentally, here on the Morris and Essex line, the timetable is a lie.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

premio53 wrote:

hmmm.... really, not what my Bible says.. or wikki for that matter:
(from wikki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah%27s_Ark )
God spells out to Noah the dimensions of the ark, 300 cubits by 50 by 30, approximately 137 by 23 by 14 meters (440 feet long, 73 feet wide, and 43 feet high), with three internal divisions (which are not actually called "decks", although presumably this is what is intended), a door in the side, and a sohar, which may be either a roof or a skylight.[3]
That equals 946000 cubic feet.

Regardless, even 5 full rail cars would not be enough for 2 of every species, even if you think the "kinds" should be broken out as you have described.

This is yet one of many reasons why many Christian and Jewish Scholars don't understand the words the way you have been taught to believe. Among other issues, its very likely that the reference was to what people of that day would have thought to be the whole world, not what we now know to be the whole world. Its like God was trying to explain college concepts to 5 years olds... God made no mistakes, but people have added in a LOT of assumptions. You are a great example of that, by-the-way, as the above example shows quite well.

premio53 wrote:The bottom line is you will believe anything you want to believe.
Not in science, no, you cannot.

Or rather you can believe whatever you like, but you cannot claim to have proven things based on those beliefs.

People very much do still believe the Earth is flat, that astronauts never walked on the moon and that Newton was just plain wrong. They are not accepted by the scientific community, any more than Dr Morris' crew.. and for similar reasons. But, you are welcome to pursue your own ideas, just don't mistake it for anything to do with science or fact. And, unless you want to be ridiculed more, I suggest you stop trying to pretend that virtually every scientist on Earth, other than the select few honored by IRC are all frauds or idiots... and yes, that IS what you are claiming when you say that evolution is a false idea only put forward by frauds. You deny the research of not just a few folks, but virtually every scientist dealing with geology, chemistry, biology and many other fields.

premio53 wrote:Whether it is an organized universe coming into being by some mythical explosion or life spontaneously forming from dead matter.
OH, we all thought the topic was evolution.

premio53 wrote:You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "if there is a train let it run over me right now!" And because the train doesn't immediately come by and crush you, there is a sense of how smart and wise you are by showing the superstitious world that there is no train to worry about. However, it will come on schedule and it will crush you.

Funny, because that is how we see you.... the difference is, we have real evidence backing our thoughts.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
You remind me of an ant standing on a railroad track, raising its fist into the air and saying, "I think the timetable is a lie!"

Ants have fists? And they can talk?
Incidentally, here on the Morris and Essex line, the timetable is a lie.

No, but some of their antcestors may have evolved into beings that could
Too much. I know.

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

A Cubit is approximately 18 inches or 1.5 feet.

At 300 Cubits Long, the Ark would be approximately 450 feet Long.
At 50 Cubits Wide, the Ark would have a width of approximately 75 feet.
At 30 Cubits High, the Ark would have a Height of 45 feet.

That's as tall if not taller than a modern four story apartment building and as wide and as long as a city block. Or put another way, it would have more than half the volume of space then the HMS Titanic. I would estimate 70 to 80 percent because the Ark is much more wider than the Titanic.

The Ark is definitely larger than a foot ball field at 300 feet Long from goal post to goal post and almost as wide.

So get your facts straight people. That's...

BIIIIG!!!

Last edited by Viceroy63 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby AAFitz on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:A Cubit is approximately 18 inches or 1.5 feet.

At 30 Cubits High, the Ark would have had a Height of 45 feet.

That's as tall if not taller than a modern four story apartment building and as wide and as long as a city block. Or put another way, it would have more than half the volume of space then the HMS Titanic. I would estimate 70 to 80 percent because the Ark is much more wider than the Titanic,.

BIIIIG!!!

Get your facts straight:

2 of every animal, is BIIIIIIIGGERRR!

Putting them all into one ship at one time without cages: IMPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, its not the craziest thing you believe, so, by all means go for it.
Too much. I know.

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:32 pm

How much would Noah's Ark weigh, and how much water would it displace?

--Andy

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 pm

premio53 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:Show me a cave painting of a velociraptor then.

Show me one example of spontaneous generation. Show me one example found by science that contradicts the Second Law of Thermodynamics which states that every ordered system over time tends to become more disordered. I didn't think so. Even your high priest Stephen Hawking acknowledges this.

"In fact, the theory that the universe has existed forever is in serious difficulty with the Second Law of Thermodynamics. The Second Law states that disorder always increases with time. Like the argument about human progress, it indicates that there must have been a beginning. Otherwise, the universe would be in a state of complete disorder by now, and everything would be at the same temperature" (Public Lecture, "The Beginning of Time").

The Second Law applies to only isolated systems. Since the set of {life forms on planet Earth} is not a closed system, to suggest that evolution is in contradiction with the Second Law is absurd.

Also, take a second and think about the argument you just made. You say that spontaneous generation has never occurred; and then you go on to quote a passage that says that the Universe was spontaneously generated.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:I agree with this last statement. That things tend to break down and decay is just the natural order of things. Our universe is proof of that. For example we see stars die all the time but not once have anyone ever observed a star being born. We don't really know what is happening inside the interstellar clouds to say that star's are being born. But we definitely see them die. Every single day.

Wait, you're seeing supernovae EVERY DAY ? You really should alert NASA about this. I think they're averaging like one every couple months. Whatever telescopes you're using is clearly decades ahead of what astrophysicists are currently employing.

Actually, we see several hundred supernovae per year recently.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:I agree with this last statement. That things tend to break down and decay is just the natural order of things. Our universe is proof of that. For example we see stars die all the time but not once have anyone ever observed a star being born. We don't really know what is happening inside the interstellar clouds to say that star's are being born. But we definitely see them die. Every single day.

Wait, you're seeing supernovae EVERY DAY ? You really should alert NASA about this. I think they're averaging like one every couple months. Whatever telescopes you're using is clearly decades ahead of what astrophysicists are currently employing.

Actually, we see several hundred supernovae per year recently.

Do you mean "we see several hundred supernovae per year which are already occurring*?
*(already occurring, as in our current image from the light of that star depicts a supernovae. In other words, the star we see is already exploding, so we missed the star ---> supernova transition).

Or do you mean "we see the very beginning of several hundred stars expanding/exploding "into" supernovae per year?
(i.e. we witness several hundred stars undergoing the transition from star into supernova).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:04 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Dino crap, duck crap, lion crap, wooly mammoth crap, snake crap...

Actually to put the same point more politely...
You have 8 people acting as keepers for 100,000 creatures.

That put trained professionals to shame.

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 pm

A Cubit is approximately 18 inches or 1.5 feet.

That's as tall if not taller than a modern four story apartment building and as wide and as long as a city block. Or put another way, it would have more than half the volume of space then the HMS Titanic. I would estimate 70 to 80 percent because the Ark is much more wider than the Titanic.

The Ark is definitely larger than a foot ball field at 300 feet Long from goal post to goal post and almost as wide.

BIIIIG!!!

AndyDufresne wrote:How much would Noah's Ark weigh, and how much water would it displace?

--Andy

The displacement tonnage of the ark, which is the weight of water it would displace at a draught of 15 cubits, would be more than 22,000 tons. By comparison the U.S.S. Salem, a 716 foot long (218 meters) heavy cruiser commissioned in 1949, has a displacement tonnage of 21,500 tons. The gross tonnage, which is a measure of cubic space (100 cubic feet is one gross ton), would be 15,100 tons.
http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/was- ... imals.html
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm

BIIIIG!!!

OK, then. How many men did it take to build the Titanic?
And how many worked on the ark?

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Is that with animal weight factored in, or just the boat alone?

--Andy

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Actually, we see several hundred supernovae per year recently.

Do you mean "we see several hundred supernovae per year which are already occurring*?
*(already occurring, as in our current image from the light of that star depicts a supernovae. In other words, the star we see is already exploding, so we missed the star ---> supernova transition).

Or do you mean "we see the very beginning of several hundred stars expanding/exploding "into" supernovae per year?
(i.e. we witness several hundred stars undergoing the transition from star into supernova).

The time-scale for a supernova explosion is actually quite short (astronomically speaking); most become completely undetectable after time scales of about a year. So what I meant is that we are witnessing several hundred new events per year; it would basically be impossible to find now supernovae that had happened many years ago, as the light from the explosion would have fallen below the levels that current telescopes can detect. For the best case scenarios, we typically first observe a supernova something like a day after the initial stellar explosion happens. So, in that sense, the original claim (that we see stars dying all the time) is actually correct; furthermore, the claim that we never see the entirety of the star formation process is also correct, as these happen on much longer time-scales (ten million years). This is just the way scales work in astronomy: it takes up to ten million years for a cloud of gas to collapse into a massive star, hundreds of millions of years to burn through all the hydrogen and other fuels, and about one second to collapse and violently explode.

It is fairly accurate to say that the state of knowledge regarding star formation is somewhat like that of macro-evolution; the time-scales are too long for us to directly observe either one, but by looking at many stars at various points in the star formation process, we have built up a fairly good idea of how the star formation process has to work.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

But even so we are still only assuming star formations in the gaseous clouds. We really don't know what is happening inside of those clouds. What we perceive as potential "New" stars, could be the final flickers of sparkles of a sort of the effects of the dead star. In other words when the clouds finally dissipate there may be nothing there to see of what we believed to be "New" stars.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:

BIIIIG!!!

OK, then. How many men did it take to build the Titanic?
And how many worked on the ark?

The Bible states that Noah had his son's in the fifth hundred year of his life.

Genesis 5:32 ¶ And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Now if we follow the logic we see that the flood occurred in the Sixth hundred year of Noah's life.

Genesis 7:6 And Noah [was] six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.

This would indicate a time span of a hundred years in which to build an ark.

It is conceivable that Noah also hired the local help because people will do anything for money. Just take a look at all of those hoaxes perpetrated on the masses over the theory of evolution. And the masses can't even figure it out? Hell if they paid me, I would also say that a monkey was my uncle. LOL.

So a hundred years to build a huge Ark? Only a few people actually working on that huge dry dock?

It's possible!
show
Major Viceroy63

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,