Conquer Club

An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What are the facts? Please keep an open mind and read the article first before casting your vote.

Total votes : 0

Re: An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Viceroy: no one here is arguing that evolution is a fact. No one anywhere is arguing this. We are arguing that it is a scientific theory that is not in conflict with any known data, and that explains a great deal of the data we do have. So who exactly is being ignorant? Who is it exactly that you're claiming is the problem here?

Incidentally, the fact that one possible description of a given evolutionary transition is shown to be wrong is not actually an argument against the theory of evolution. Darwin's idea of gradual and smooth change over millions of years is not the only possible history. Evolutionary biology is compatible with the idea that you can either have gradual change or you can have rapid change in response to external factors like natural disasters and other geological changes. The fact that the gradual and smooth transition doesn't explain everything in the fossil record is not an argument against common descent.

There is no data that conflicts because there is no date period. The Rise of Ignorance is not meant as an accusation but an observation. People have been duped by nonexistent data or the confusion that mutations are steps in the evolutionary process and so there is your evidence??? And that is simply not the case. If you have some data that proves it then post it. Not the mutation but the evolution. Mutations do occur in nature but that is not evolution. Mutation is not proof of evolution.

But there is no missing link and never have been. If there is then here is an excellent place to drop that missing link on us. Drop that intermediate species here that missing link that proves that Evolution has occurred on this planet and responsible for us being here. The whole article in the original post is that there is no intermediate creature between any other two creatures that exist.

That's the whole point of this.

I'm a bit confused with your way of thinking here... so you do aknowledge that mutations occure? Let's go step by step. Would you agree to say that for example the african elephant and the asian elephant both share the same dna but have suffered different type of mutations and are now quite distinctive subspecies? that they share a common ancestor the mamouth that has disapeared due to its changing environment? That the now a day african & asian elephants aredescendent species of the mamouth, and that therefore the mamouth himself is the descendant of some other sort of pachidermic creature adapted to a different environment than the mamouth was living in?
Major betiko

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 am

I don't have time to play "beat up the fundie" just now, but I wanna mention something.

Viceroy posted some of this junk in the religon thread. I actually debunked every point.(I was bored)
He said: "I won't answer to that, it's too much work, I don't spend my evenings doing this blahbahblah".

2 weeks later he has now written what? like 20k words espousing more bullshit theories in this new thread ?

You've got to understand people, this is how the creationists "debate". They throw 100 bullshit claims at the wall, they then ignore the 95 that get refuted and claim that because 5 of them cannot at the present be expressly refuted they must be right. If pressed they will simply throw 100 more bullshit claims at the wall. Just read a couple pages of the Lionz stuff, it's exactly the same.

Essentially they are this:

I mean, if you enjoy continuously beating down the doll only to watch it pop back up and pretend nothing happened, then by all means. (I know I enjoy it too sometimes). Just thought I'd point out that the chances of a fundie actually acknowledging they MIGHT be wrong are basically nil. (otherwise they wouldn't be a fundie in the first place)
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:Faith is not blind but based on observable facts. But one must first be willing to open their eyes to the truth. That is why I can observe, with my open eyes the fact that Evolution is a lie and should not be taught in schools and universities, as Fact.

There is a big difference between saying that Evolution is not proven, which is correct, and saying "Evolution is a lie".

What evidence do you claim shows evolution is false?

Also, do you really know how much evidence is required for something to be considered fully proven in science?

I personally determine something to be a lie when it is pawned off as genuine or taught as fact. The fact of the matter is that regardless of whether people can come to grips with this or not, evolution has been taught as a scientific fact. It always has been.

No, but unfortunately a lot of people don't bother to read the fine print and claim that is true.

The facts SUPPORTING evolution are taught as facts, because they are. Show me any textbook that says that it is fact.
Viceroy63 wrote:
Please keep in mind that the evolution of the horse was the best exampled evidence of evolutionist and it turns out to be a hoax.

Whoever told you that knew nothing of evolution. Among other issues horses are a very modern group.
Please provide references so I can see to what you are referring.
Viceroy63 wrote:
I am deeply disappointed that supposedly open and intelligent minds can't see this for what it is, Thus the title of this thread, "The Rise of Ignorance." The same has been shown with all other works and displays that evolutionist have used to prove that evolution is a fact and not a theory.
You have yet to provide any real criticism. Most of what you have said just shows that you have never really read evolutionary theory.. in fact, most of what you say is found only in false explanations provided by young earth creationists. That you think you can attack that which you don't even understand is very sad, indeed.
Viceroy63 wrote:
"This is true of all the thirty-two orders of mammals . . The earliest and most primitive known members of every order already have the basic ordinal characters, and in no case is an approximately continuous sequence from one order to another known. In most cases the break is so sharp and the gap so large that the origin of the order is speculative and much disputed."
—*G.G. Simpson, Tempo and Mode in Evolution (1944), p. 105.

UH... 1944??? REALLY???? I can remember a textbook from the late 60's that said man cannot go to the moon. We could not when it was published. Things change.
A LOT of things thought true in 1940 are now known to be entirely false in many realms of science.
Viceroy63 wrote:
The Myth of Horse Evolution
One important subject in the origin of mammals is the myth of the "evolution of the horse," also a topic to which evolutionist publications have devoted a considerable amount of space for a long time. This is a myth, because it is based on imagination rather than scientific findings.

Until recently, an imaginary sequence supposedly showing the evolution of the horse was advanced as the principal fossil evidence for the theory of evolution.
Again, this is just not true. Its funny how young earthers concentrate on areas of error and then promote them as being the "most valid evidence".. while ignoring whole reams of truly valid and real evidence. (they also make the claim of whales, though whale phylogeny is tricky, claim that a bird/reptile combination that WAS a hoax is the "only" transition known.. and other false information). The lie is not from evolutionists, sorry.
As I said, start with fish...
Viceroy63 wrote:
Today, however, many evolutionists themselves frankly admit that the scenario of horse evolution is bankrupt. In 1980, a four-day symposium was held at the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago, with 150 evolutionists in attendance, to discuss the problems with the gradualistic evolutionary theory. In addressing this meeting, evolutionist Boyce Rensberger noted that the scenario of the evolution of the horse has no foundation in the fossil record, and that no evolutionary process has been observed that would account for the gradual evolution of horses:
(http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/natural ... _2_12.html)

"The evolution of the horse was never in a straight line."—*Encyclopaedia Britannica (1976 ed.), Vol. 7, p. 13.
Thank you for showing how real science works. People put forward evidence and try to explain them with ideas. Then everyone goes out and tries to disprove the theories, evidence. Sometimes information is left stand, sometimes errors are found and occasionally it is found that someone flat out committed fraud.

But what does that have to do with disproving the entire theory of evolution and all lines of evidence we have for the fact that species change over time (note my phrasing, please. Evolution is a theory.. but that species change over time is actually a proven fact).
Viceroy63 wrote:For crying out loud people, If you can't trust the Encyclopaedia Britannica (1976 edition) then who the hell can you trust?

The 2012 Encyclopedia Britannica edition, for one...
Viceroy63 wrote:People who claim that the Theory of Evolution has some type of foundation should post that evidence rather than say it does. Just post all your evidence for the Theory of Evolution in this thread.

Well, see, that's not how science works. To prove something means that you have to disprove each and every other possibility. In many cases, we don't even really know what all possibilities there are, which is why so many ideas remain scientific theory despite reams of evidence. Your question is part of why I said above that you don't seem to really understand what it actually takes for something to be proven as scientific fact.

Things like Evolutionary theory (or the Theory of Gravity -- that is, how gravity actually works) are unlikely to ever be anything but theory because its essentially impossible for people to directly observe the results or to utterly disprove each and every alternative.

BUT.. even so, you want evidence poste.. fine, its done and I already posted several of the links.

However, given that we are talking about several hundred PAGES, reposting them in this site is just not practical.

but here they are again:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114455&hilit=creation+versus

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29535&p=2152183&hilit=creation+versus#p2152183

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=87553&p=2043214&hilit=creation+versus#p2043214

There are some others, a lot of that came up in the "is God logical?" thread, for example. However, those are some of the most comprehensive and longest standing threads on the subject of evolution.
Last edited by PLAYER57832 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 am

PS given that the most recent evidence you post is from 1976.... I am beginning to think this is a troll thread. That, and the fact that you have ignored the other threads on the subject.

If I am wrong, present better evidence...
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 am

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:Viceroy: no one here is arguing that evolution is a fact. No one anywhere is arguing this. We are arguing that it is a scientific theory that is not in conflict with any known data, and that explains a great deal of the data we do have. So who exactly is being ignorant? Who is it exactly that you're claiming is the problem here?

Incidentally, the fact that one possible description of a given evolutionary transition is shown to be wrong is not actually an argument against the theory of evolution. Darwin's idea of gradual and smooth change over millions of years is not the only possible history. Evolutionary biology is compatible with the idea that you can either have gradual change or you can have rapid change in response to external factors like natural disasters and other geological changes. The fact that the gradual and smooth transition doesn't explain everything in the fossil record is not an argument against common descent.

There is no data that conflicts because there is no date period. The Rise of Ignorance is not meant as an accusation but an observation. People have been duped by nonexistent data or the confusion that mutations are steps in the evolutionary process and so there is your evidence??? And that is simply not the case. If you have some data that proves it then post it. Not the mutation but the evolution. Mutations do occur in nature but that is not evolution. Mutation is not proof of evolution.

But there is no missing link and never have been. If there is then here is an excellent place to drop that missing link on us. Drop that intermediate species here that missing link that proves that Evolution has occurred on this planet and responsible for us being here. The whole article in the original post is that there is no intermediate creature between any other two creatures that exist.

I'm a bit confused with your way of thinking here... so you do aknowledge that mutations occure? Let's go step by step. Would you agree to say that for example the african elephant and the asian elephant both share the same dna but have suffered different type of mutations and are now quite distinctive subspecies? that they share a common ancestor the mamouth that has disapeared due to its changing environment? That the now a day african & asian elephants aredescendent species of the mamouth, and that therefore the mamouth himself is the descendant of some other sort of pachidermic creature adapted to a different environment than the mamouth was living in?

Yes; I agree that all elephants are part of the same family and that it is obvious. These are examples of mutations but not evolution. When you show me an elephant with wings then we would have found an intermediate species between the elephant and some bird family creature.

But you can not present any intermediate creatures because there are none. You would think, as I noted in my article, that if evolution takes millions of years of gradual changes for one type of creature to become another, that there would be plenty of examples of this intermediate creature found in the fossil records.

Does it not seem too selective that only a certainly family of creature is found among the fossil records and no intermediate creatures?
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 am

you mean like a fetus develops past stages that we as a species from which we evolved have, while still in the womb?

if thats not what you mean.
yes, it is not wierd to se intermediary species. it is not only a gradual proces.. that has been mentioned a few pages above.
you see most fossils during a mass dieout. dieouts happen often in a glacial scale, but not in human terms.
so missing the intermediairy is logical.
Homo erectus is not us, but lived before us, is it seperate or intemediary?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Neoteny on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 am

noooo
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:16 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

Yes; I agree that all elephants are part of the same family and that it is obvious. These are examples of mutations but not evolution. When you show me an elephant with wings then we would have found an intermediate species between the elephant and some bird family creature.

But you can not present any intermediate creatures because there are none. You would think, as I noted in my article, that if evolution takes millions of years of gradual changes for one type of creature to become another, that there would be plenty of examples of this intermediate creature found in the fossil records.

Does it not seem too selective that only a certainly family of creature is found among the fossil records and no intermediate creatures?

I'm talking about mammouth here not just elephant. mammouth have a slightly different dna and are extinct, you could consider it as intermediary creature between the modern day elephant and whatever was the name of a mammouth's ancestor. You know that millions of species disapear over time, you admit that almost every specie suffers mutations. Several species of proboscibeans (animals using their nose like elephants do, yes their nose that is now a trump) up to 26M years old have been discovered. All species are intermediate as they are all by definition constantly evolving.
They don't all evolve at the same pace take crocodiles for example, they have barely evolved since several eras and are basically the same creatures than millions of years ago..
Major betiko

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 am

SirSebstar wrote:dieouts happen often in a glacial scale, but not in human terms.?

Mass extinction events often do happen over a larger timescale, but evidence regarding biodiversity and human expansion is starting to show we're probably in some sort of extinction event as we speak, largely created by the pressures of humanity.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:30 am

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

I'm talking about mammouth here not just elephant. mammouth have a slightly different dna and are extinct, you could consider it as intermediary creature between the modern day elephant and whatever was the name of a mammouth's ancestor. You know that millions of species disapear over time, you admit that almost every specie suffers mutations. Several species of proboscibeans (animals using their nose like elephants do, yes their nose that is now a trump) up to 26M years old have been discovered. All species are intermediate as they are all by definition constantly evolving.
They don't all evolve at the same pace take crocodiles for example, they have barely evolved since several eras and are basically the same creatures than millions of years ago..

I'm sorry betiko, but that just doesn't work man. You can not say that all species are intermediates of each other because they are all evolving when evolution is a gradual process taking millions of years for one species to evolve into another. At least that is what the theory proposes. That's why I wrote...

[3] The gaps are simple to understand when you realize that the Theory explains that life evolved "gradually" over millions of years. That word "gradually," is the key to understanding the gaps. If it takes millions of years for one species to evolve into another, then there should be millions of years worth of fossilized remains everywhere showing the gradual changes over all those millions of years. You just don't show a dinosaur and then a bird and say, "walla, evolution, see!"

[4] One could argue, "but how?" and the debate would go something like this; "Don't you see the similarities in the bone structures of the arms of the dinosaur and the wings of the bird? Why they are practically identical!" But what about the intermediate species that evolved between the dinosaur and the bird? well it turns out that the fossil records is not perfect or that we have yet to find them? Then why is evolution taught as fact in schools everywhere when it is not a proven fact?

[5] Charles Darwin, who wrote, "The Origin of Species," devoted an entire chapter explaining the problem with evolution or as we would say today, debunking his own work.

Charles Darwin wrote:""But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory."
-The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin, 1859

And thank you bekito for taking this seriously.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 am

Viceroy63 wrote:[3] The gaps are simple to understand when you realize that the Theory explains that life evolved "gradually" over millions of years. That word "gradually," is the key to understanding the gaps. If it takes millions of years for one species to evolve into another, then there should be millions of years worth of fossilized remains everywhere showing the gradual changes over all those millions of years. You just don't show a dinosaur and then a bird and say, "walla, evolution, see!"

Very true, since it is very true common fact that we have looked beneath the entire surface of the earth everywhere.

--Andy

Postby Neoteny on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

I'm sorry betiko, but that just doesn't work man. You can not say that all species are intermediates of each other because they are all evolving when evolution is a gradual process taking millions of years for one species to evolve into another. At least that is what the theory proposes. That's why I wrote...

[3] The gaps are simple to understand when you realize that the Theory explains that life evolved "gradually" over millions of years. That word "gradually," is the key to understanding the gaps. If it takes millions of years for one species to evolve into another, then there should be millions of years worth of fossilized remains everywhere showing the gradual changes over all those millions of years. You just don't show a dinosaur and then a bird and say, "walla, evolution, see!"

[4] One could argue, "but how?" and the debate would go something like this; "Don't you see the similarities in the bone structures of the arms of the dinosaur and the wings of the bird? Why they are practically identical!" But what about the intermediate species that evolved between the dinosaur and the bird? well it turns out that the fossil records is not perfect or that we have yet to find them? Then why is evolution taught as fact in schools everywhere when it is not a proven fact?

[5] Charles Darwin, who wrote, "The Origin of Species," devoted an entire chapter explaining the problem with evolution or as we would say today, debunking his own work.

Charles Darwin wrote:""But just in proportion as this process of extermination has acted on an enormous scale, so must the number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory."

Honk if you understand punctuated equilibrium.
Major Neoteny

Postby Neoteny on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:56 am

Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

Honk if you understand punctuated equilibrium.

EDIT: that would probably be a good thing for you to google. It's not from the last decade, but the discussion PE created is worth looking into.
Major Neoteny

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 pm

BTW, it's spelled "voila."
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:31 pm

show: Viola

--Andy

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:[3] The gaps are simple to understand when you realize that the Theory explains that life evolved "gradually" over millions of years. That word "gradually," is the key to understanding the gaps. If it takes millions of years for one species to evolve into another, then there should be millions of years worth of fossilized remains everywhere showing the gradual changes over all those millions of years. You just don't show a dinosaur and then a bird and say, "walla, evolution, see!"

Very true, since it is very true common fact that we have looked beneath the entire surface of the earth everywhere.

--Andy

Thank you Andy!

It is not only true and logical, it's what you would expect to find if you go looking for it. When you consider that most Dinosaur bones are found by accident while digging for something else other than bones, Then when archeologist actually go looking for dinosaur bones then one would think that they would find something. Even perhaps a whole variety of specimen to indicate several intermediate species.

just over the last 100 years alone we have been purposely digging all over the world specifically for "dino-bones." But no luck on any missing link. It just sounds way to selective to me that we find a certain type of dinosaur bone, mixed in with other types of "dino-bones" of course, but no intermediate go between, cross-referencing with other species as well.

The only answers that science have given us is that the geological records are not perfect and that time will prove evolution correct. Sounds like they want to teach that or advance that as fact to me?

And something that just occurred to me is, who has the time to verify if what is being taught is actually on the up and up and on the level? Our lives can get so busy that if we manage to read just one science digest per year we can say that we've studied while not neglecting our families. =)

So when a man of science or a reporter on television says something on the news or a brand new dino-exhibit just opens up at the museum, we accept it because no one really has the time to see if it is true. What is true however is that museums and the world in general is run at a profit. Everything is connected including schools and universities. It's all just one big industry earth.

And so is the manager of the museum or the scientist who knows better really going to hurt his own wallet by disclosing the true facts? I don't think so.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Oddly enough Viceroy, I seem to remember you in another thread, which you ran away from, that you expected everybody to accept as unquestionable authority what "science teaches us"...even though you couldn't show us where it did that.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:And so is the manager of the museum or the scientist who knows better really going to hurt his own wallet by disclosing the true facts? I don't think so.

I think we're onto something here. I remember back in '90 in the midst of the Gulf War, I was doing some internet searching investigating about this sort of theory fact. I'll see if the wayback machine can find it, but there was a website that purported documented the paleontology illuminati (also known as, to us in the inner circle, as the Paleonati), and their desire to cover up the lack of prehistoric fossils to keep their museum cash-cows lining their rich and dirt filled pockets.

They may try to win us over with free passes...
...but I think most of us will not allow the wool to be pulled over our eyes anymore.

The Paleonati are a fiendish bunch.

Keep your eyes peeled, friends. And next time you bring your kids to a museum, or attend one on a school trip, know full well that if they find out what you know, you may one day end up on the wrong end of their science dastardly work.

--Andy

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I realize that you're just making a joke Andy, and it is humorous, but still, museum buildings are not free to construct and the land that they are built on also has value. The exhibits cost money to maintain and staff needs to be paid. Not to mention utilities, insurance and a whole host of expenditures like sending people to dig for bones. So some one must be paying for it all. Don't you think? It can't possibly be paid for by free passes to the museum?

Whether it's our tax dollars at work or private donations, if there is money involved, you can bet your bottom dollar that the decision to keep the truth from the public is not that difficult a choice make. And so, The Rise of Ignorance.

To Lootifer:
I have as much right to be here as anyone else. And to express my opinions and beliefs. And if what I express happens to be the truth that folks don't want to hear then that is too bad. You Lootifer, are the one who does not have to be here posting on this thread if you do not like what I am saying. So why don't you just take your own advice. Please!
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Lootifer on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Go away Viceroy, you contribute nothing to this community.

There are very few people that believe a single word you have said in this thread. And the only reason its 5 pages is a testament to the retarded fact that we as humans much prefer the negative discussion (i.e. conflict/argument) over the positive discussion (e.g. spending time with your kids is great and increases the likelihood they will be successful, #tumbleweed).

So i beg of you; please go away; you will not change any of us, and likewise we will not change you. Its pointless so please please please stop posting.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Timminz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Lootifer wrote:Go away Viceroy, you contribute nothing to this community.

There are very few people that believe a single word you have said in this thread. And the only reason its 5 pages is a testament to the retarded fact that we as humans much prefer the negative discussion (i.e. conflict/argument) over the positive discussion (e.g. spending time with your kids is great and increases the likelihood they will be successful, #tumbleweed).

So i beg of you; please go away; you will not change any of us, and likewise we will not change you. Its pointless so please please please stop posting.

Don't listen to him, Vic. Variety is the spice of life, and you are certainly different.
Captain Timminz

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I have enough time to verify that what scientists say is correct. In fact, most of my non-CC time is spent doing just that.

Also, metsfan, evolution is a fact.

When a bacterium in a hospital all of a sudden becomes antibiotic resistant, that is evolution. It happens, we have seen it happen. Evolution is a word to describe a process which we know exists. Perhaps you could argue that evolution from a common ancestor is a theory, but I don't have any more time for this stupid thread.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Also, viceroy, there are many intermediate species discovered. In fact, many species today are intermediate species. Unless you want to enter the messy array of biology and try to actually define the word "species", you have no reason to write about anything in this subject.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Perhaps you could argue that evolution from a common ancestor is a theory

This is precisely what is being discussed. Viceroy didn't seem to object to the idea of microevolution.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Perhaps you could argue that evolution from a common ancestor is a theory

This is precisely what is being discussed. Viceroy didn't seem to object to the idea of microevolution.

Ok. It's really a wasted question, in that a) there are countless examples of intermediate species b)there are countless examples of molecular evolutionary processes and c) modularity of metazoans means that intermediate species don't need to exist for evolution to occur d) the possibility of lateral evolution means that intermediate species don't need to exist for evolution to occur.
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,