Piers Morgan 100k

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Piers Morgan 100k

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 pm

A new online White House petition is calling for CNN’s Piers Morgan to be deported for “attacking the Second Amendment” following the Connecticut elementary school massacre.

“British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment,” the petition states. “We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.”


Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Piers

Sign now!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... t/prfh5zHD
Last edited by Phatscotty on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 am, edited 12 times in total.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:31 pm

My god, what a dilemma.
Do I side with Piers Morgan or Phatscotty?
Talk about two weevils...
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:45 pm

I think you'll find Piers' ratings do more to deport him than any petition.
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby 2dimes on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't think you have a choice Jones. At least not until you can set up a petition.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Piers Morgan - Emotional Barbarian

User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:59 pm

So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Capital region ,Canada
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?


#1 Piers is not a U.S. Citizen. He is on a passport
#2 It's not punishment, it's consequences. Speech is not without consequence. Ask Chic-Fil-A
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?


#1 Piers is not a U.S. Citizen. He is on a passport
#2 It's not punishment, it's consequences. Speech is not without consequence. Ask Chic-Fil-A



oh, it's ok to ingore the principles in the constitution in order to punish a non citizen for criticizing the principles in the constitution, makes sense.

What law says you can be deported for criticising the constitution?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:05 pm
Location: Capital region ,Canada
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?


#1 Piers is not a U.S. Citizen. He is on a passport
#2 It's not punishment, it's consequences. Speech is not without consequence. Ask Chic-Fil-A



oh, it's ok to ingore the principles in the constitution in order to punish a non citizen for criticizing the principles in the constitution, makes sense.

What law says you can be deported for criticising the constitution?


There isn't a law. We are going to escort him out ourselves

Not ignoring our principles. Just acknowledging that Brit's have their rights, and Americans have our rights.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Serbia on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm an American who supports gun rights. I'm also an American who thinks anyone can disagree with me without being threatened with deportation over the disagreement. Even suggesting that he should be kicked out of the country for his beliefs is so anti-American, it's disgusting. So go fuck yourselves, insecure haters.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Serbia wrote:I'm an American who supports gun rights. I'm also an American who thinks anyone can disagree with me without being threatened with deportation over the disagreement. Even suggesting that he should be kicked out of the country for his beliefs is so anti-American, it's disgusting. So go fuck yourselves, insecure haters.


....and, what if we were at war with Britain? And a Brit was promoting Americans to help take away other American's arms?
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?


#1 Piers is not a U.S. Citizen. He is on a passport
#2 It's not punishment, it's consequences. Speech is not without consequence. Ask Chic-Fil-A



oh, it's ok to ingore the principles in the constitution in order to punish a non citizen for criticizing the principles in the constitution, makes sense.

What law says you can be deported for criticising the constitution?


There isn't a law. We are going to escort him out ourselves

Not ignoring our principles. Just acknowledging that Brit's have their rights, and Americans have our rights.


The Bill of Rights isn't a guarantee by the government to protect rights, it's a restriction on the federal government from engaging in certain actions. As such, it applies equally to citizens and non-citizens. See: http://www.lewrockwell.com/browne/browne27.html

In any case, Piers is going to be out of a job in the next six months anyway and relegated back to hosting game shows in England if his ratings don't improve.
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:So we're punishing people for speaking their mind now? Pretty sure the constitution is oke with that right?


#1 Piers is not a U.S. Citizen. He is on a passport
#2 It's not punishment, it's consequences. Speech is not without consequence. Ask Chic-Fil-A



oh, it's ok to ingore the principles in the constitution in order to punish a non citizen for criticizing the principles in the constitution, makes sense.

What law says you can be deported for criticising the constitution?


There isn't a law. We are going to escort him out ourselves

Not ignoring our principles. Just acknowledging that Brit's have their rights, and Americans have our rights.


The Bill of Rights isn't a guarantee by the government to protect rights, it's a restriction on the federal government from engaging in certain actions. As such, it applies equally to citizens and non-citizens. See: http://www.lewrockwell.com/browne/browne27.html

In any case, Piers is going to be out of a job in the next six months anyway and relegated back to hosting game shows in England if his ratings don't improve.


..well, to not infringe on our rights...okay
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Serbia on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'm an American who supports gun rights. I'm also an American who thinks anyone can disagree with me without being threatened with deportation over the disagreement. Even suggesting that he should be kicked out of the country for his beliefs is so anti-American, it's disgusting. So go fuck yourselves, insecure haters.


....and, what if we were at war with Britain? And a Brit was promoting Americans to help take away other American's arms?


...and, are we at war with Britain? And is there any likelihood of going to war with Britain in the 10 years? And no, even if we were somehow at war with the UK, I wouldn't want to deport someone for speaking his mind. That's an insanely slippery slope, and I'm amazed that you, Mr. Libertarian, don't see that.
User avatar
Captain Serbia
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 9649
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm
Location: Detroit/Cleveland
Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (6)

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Serbia wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'm an American who supports gun rights. I'm also an American who thinks anyone can disagree with me without being threatened with deportation over the disagreement. Even suggesting that he should be kicked out of the country for his beliefs is so anti-American, it's disgusting. So go fuck yourselves, insecure haters.


....and, what if we were at war with Britain? And a Brit was promoting Americans to help take away other American's arms?


...and, are we at war with Britain? And is there any likelihood of going to war with Britain in the 10 years? And no, even if we were somehow at war with the UK, I wouldn't want to deport someone for speaking his mind. That's an insanely slippery slope, and I'm amazed that you, Mr. Libertarian, don't see that.


No, just asking where you draw the line for when it's wrong to try to take away our rights, and when it's "just speech"

Should Hitler have been allowed to travel to the USA, protected by our "right to life" and then give a speech to Americans, protected under "right to free speech"?

And a military war was just a pretext I wanted to lay down, because of course we aren't at war nor will we likely be at war with Britain. But, there is a culture war, and that culture is anti-American.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chang50, mrswdk, spikypineapple and 4 guests

Login