Conquer Club

Piers Morgan 100k

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Petition to Deport Piers Morgan

Postby nicarus on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm

i think we should take away all the guns to prevent these terrible tragedies that are happening to our children. we should also outlaw owning a car to prevent all the deaths caused by car accidents. 8-)
Sergeant 1st Class nicarus

Postby Baron Von PWN on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:Lol wut? You've gone even further off the deep end than usual scotty. You are straight up demanding the government punish someone for holding an opinion you don't like. They haven't done anything, they've just criticized american gun culture. This is apparently grounds for deportation in phatscotty land.

Apparently its ok for the government to punish you for holding unpopular opinions, but it's not ok for the government to restrict access to firearms. You can't say what's on your mind but don't worry you can have as many guns as you want. In this way your liberty will be maximized, so long as you shut up.

You see it as criticizing our culture, I see it as a direct attack on the second amendment. The government isn't going to do anything...We The People are.

We won't give up an inch

So what if it's a direct attack on the second amendment? Why would this be grounds for deportation? Deporting this guy for attacking the second amendment would be flagrantly ignoring the document you allegedly seek to protect.

He thinks the second amendment is dumb, and against the USA's best interest and actively expounds his views. So what? Is political debate dangerous to america's well being? Why turn to government coercion rather than using your first amendment to argue with them? What is warranting the demand for deportation. What is this man's crime? aside from speaking his mind of course.

my edit didn't make it in time....but here it is
This petition to the government to humorously "deport" Piers Morgan is an attention getter, and yes we are using the media to fire the first shot across the bow. This is just one of many different attacks Morgan is going to suffer...Like I said earlier, Piers Morgan is about to be Glenn Beck'd, but where the Left failed to destroy Glenn Beck, America will succeed in making Piers unwelcome to attack us and our rights

And so what if it is a direct attack on the second amendment? If that is your attitude, what are you so worried about with me, whether you understand me to just be using the first amendment, or as others suggest I am directly attacking British citizen Piers Morgan's first amendment rights? If you say so what he is attacking our second amendment rights, shouldnt you also be of the opinion so what if I am attacking the Brits first amendment rights? Just asking you to stay consistent

Then I say to you "So what if I directly and passionately defend the second Amendment from his attacks?"

That's fine. Counter his arguments. Make arguments in favour of the second amendment.engage in political discussion. All perfectly legitimate and something I encourage. My problem isn't that people disagree with him. It's that people are demanding coercive action because they disagree with him.

Petitioning the government to deport him for his thoughts on the second amendment? talking about a campaign of "attacks" against this man? That's not engaging in discussion, that isn't a debate, that's a campaign meant to silence. That's not cool. That's disgusting and counter to the most basic concepts of democracy and freedom.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:12 pm

but as I have been saying, I don't truly believe that Morgan will be deported. But there is nothing wrong with us sending a crystal clear message either.

You keep taking this literally, even as I have told you this is just an attention getter. There is a lot of strategery going on, and it's how American's do it. I'm not about to show our hand or explain the tactics. All you know is that there is pressure being put on Piers Morgan, and where we are now is the White House is going to have to make a statement. You can count on me to keep you posted. ;)
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:19 pm

Phatscotty wrote:but as I have been saying, I don't truly believe that Morgan will be deported. But there is nothing wrong with us sending a crystal clear message either.

You keep taking this literally, even as I have told you this is just an attention getter. There is a lot of strategery going on, and it's how American's do it. I'm not about to show our hand or explain the tactics. All you know is that there is pressure being put on Piers Morgan, and where we are now is the White House is going to have to make a statement. You can count on me to keep you posted. ;)

Well when you start a petition to deport someone. I can only assume you want the guy deported. That is the stated goal of the petition. It does send a message, none of it complementary to the people who sent the message. This petition should be given the briefest of comments, to the effect of "the US government will not deport this guy for his commentary" that's it.

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:but as I have been saying, I don't truly believe that Morgan will be deported. But there is nothing wrong with us sending a crystal clear message either.

Well when you start a petition to deport someone. I can only assume you want the guy deported. That is the stated goal of the petition. It does send a message, none of it complementary to the people who sent the message. This petition should be given the briefest of comments, to the effect of "the US government will not deport this guy for his commentary" that's it.

I didn't start it. I just shared it.

Just curious, how do you feel about Michael Savage (radio host) being banned from the UK? not just deported, but banned.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

I didn't start it. I just shared it.

Just curious, how do you feel about Michael Savage (radio host) being banned from the UK? not just deported, but banned.

I was using a Royal "you" as a general statement. No referring to you specifically. I saw hapsmo's post and decided not to comment as his tone is ridiculous. I find Mr.Savage's views despicable,and incredibly ignorant particularity his comments on autism. However the UK government's decision to ban his entry into the country is indefensible and without merit. If I were a citizen of the UK I would sign a petition to allow him entry.

Though I'd point out baring someone from entry and deporting them are basically the same thing. It's not as though after the deporting him you'd let Piers Morgan right back in.

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:04 pm

This is what governments that try to deport foreigners for saying something that terrifies them look like -

In this case it's the American peace and civil rights activist Martin Galvin of US-NORAID trying to deliver much needed humanitarian aid to British-occupied Ulster. I would hate to see a game show host like Piers Morgan elevated to the heroic status of Galvin in popular narrative.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby notyou2 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Serbia wrote:I'm an American who supports gun rights. I'm also an American who thinks anyone can disagree with me without being threatened with deportation over the disagreement. Even suggesting that he should be kicked out of the country for his beliefs is so anti-American, it's disgusting. So go fuck yourselves, insecure haters.

....and, what if we were at war with Britain? And a Brit was promoting Americans to help take away other American's arms?

...and, are we at war with Britain? And is there any likelihood of going to war with Britain in the 10 years? And no, even if we were somehow at war with the UK, I wouldn't want to deport someone for speaking his mind. That's an insanely slippery slope, and I'm amazed that you, Mr. Libertarian, don't see that.

No, just asking where you draw the line for when it's wrong to try to take away our rights, and when it's "just speech"

Should Hitler have been allowed to travel to the USA, protected by our "right to life" and then give a speech to Americans, protected under "right to free speech"?

And a military war was just a pretext I wanted to lay down, because of course we aren't at war nor will we likely be at war with Britain. But, there is a culture war, and that culture is anti-American.

An anti-american culture war!!!??? LMAO.

The world hates the boorish behaviour of a vocal minority of americans, not all americans.

Scotty, are you feeling singled out?
Captain notyou2

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Galvin is "for" peace like PS is "for" freedom of speech.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Lol, I can t help being surprised each day by some american points of view.
Major betiko

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Let me ask you guys something. Just imagine for a minute, you are at the rostrum at a rally of whatever movement is most passionate to you. Let's just say it's gay rights. So, during your rally, some anti-gay guy is invited to the microphone and starts saying that being gay is wrong and it is sinful. Given he makes no hateful threats......are you going to try to tell me honestly that you are going to sit back and say "well, he has the right to speak, we should be respectful and listen" or is it more like "get this piece of shit off the stage" and start throwing tomatoes? Anyone who has a problem with what I have been saying in this thread, I would like an answer.

I think about now many are starting to see how they are being hypocritical here
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Let me ask you guys something. Just imagine for a minute, you are at the rostrum at a rally of whatever movement is most passionate to you. Let's just say it's gay rights. So, during your rally, some anti-gay guy takes over the microphone and starts saying that being gay is wrong and it is sinful. Given he makes no hateful threats......are you going to try to tell me honestly that you are going to sit back and say "well, he has the right to speak, we should be respectful and listen" or is it more like "get this piece of shit off the stage" and start throwing tomatoes? Anyone who has a problem with what I have been saying in this thread, I want an answer.

Well I would boo the heck out of them. When did Piers Morgan crash a pro gun rally?

I wouldn't petition my government to deport/jail/punish them.

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Let me ask you guys something. Just imagine for a minute, you are at the rostrum at a rally of whatever movement is most passionate to you. Let's just say it's gay rights. So, during your rally, some anti-gay guy takes over the microphone and starts saying that being gay is wrong and it is sinful. Given he makes no hateful threats......are you going to try to tell me honestly that you are going to sit back and say "well, he has the right to speak, we should be respectful and listen" or is it more like "get this piece of shit off the stage" and start throwing tomatoes? Anyone who has a problem with what I have been saying in this thread, I want an answer.

Well I would boo the heck out of them. When did Piers Morgan crash a pro gun rally?

Neither would I, nor have I, nor is the deportation literal.

It's just a message, loud and clear. Just like booing someone, except our booing makes national headlines.

8-)
Major Phatscotty

Postby Iliad on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

It's just a message, loud and clear. Just like booing someone, except our booing makes national headlines.

8-)
Scotty those national headlines are laughing at you, not with you.

What's next, a petition to ban the Koran, just "to send a message"?

Will copy pasta my last post: Brilliant logic. As everyone knows America was founded on the principle that dissent and criticism of the constitution should not be tolerated lest it unsettle the good old American values. As well as the notion that immigrants are 2nd class citizens who shouldn't attempt to contribute to helping the country prosper or develop.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:54 pm

BVP, what would you do (genuinely curious) if there was a guy on TV, who is not even from your country, broadcasting to your countrymen that he wants to crack down on homosexuality? How do you handle it? What's your response?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

8-)

Will copy pasta my last post: Brilliant logic. As everyone knows America was founded on the principle that dissent and criticism of the constitution should not be tolerated lest it unsettle the good old American values. As well as the notion that immigrants are 2nd class citizens who shouldn't attempt to contribute to helping the country prosper or develop.

precious foreigners. I would never even attempt to try to say "everyone knows Australia was founded on...." You don't know shit about America

I'm no longer responding to foreigners except for Beave and maybe a few others who have my respect
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 pm

This video is a nice parallel for what is going on here overall

Major Phatscotty

Postby Iliad on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

8-)

precious foreigners. I would never even attempt to try to say "everyone knows Australia was founded on...." You don't know shit about America

I'm no longer responding to foreigners except for Beave and maybe a few others who have my respect

I kinda thought it was based on free speech. I may not agree with you, but I'll defend your right to say it and all that on those lines. Sad to see you giving up already Scot. Thought you were made of sterner stuff than that.

But with the vague, nebulous nationalistic values that are apparently under attack, the rejection of foreigners, casting them aside as a great Other to the national community, the intolerance for dissent and the compulsive need to punish and send a message to 'dissenters', I just have to ask: Why do you love fascism Scotty?
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Let me ask you guys something. Just imagine for a minute, you are at the rostrum at a rally of whatever movement is most passionate to you. Let's just say it's gay rights. So, during your rally, some anti-gay guy is invited to the microphone and starts saying that being gay is wrong and it is sinful. Given he makes no hateful threats......are you going to try to tell me honestly that you are going to sit back and say "well, he has the right to speak, we should be respectful and listen" or is it more like "get this piece of shit off the stage" and start throwing tomatoes? Anyone who has a problem with what I have been saying in this thread, I would like an answer.

Was this not on his own TV show?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:45 pm

The Chicago Tribune puts Piers Morgan in a softer light that gives you a lot more respect for him once you get to know him as a person and understand his daily struggles.

Piers Morgan, from an island called Britain, is one of millions of foreign-born workers doing a job few Americans would willingly do. Like many farmhands, unskilled laborers and television personalities, he rises early each morning to face a sometimes humiliating job. Morgan hosts a talk show on CNN.

He has struggled in the ratings since taking over for "Larry King Live" nearly two years ago. He speaks English well, but still sometimes finds it hard to connect with people here. And though he was a celebrated journalist on his island, here he is forced to interview some of the least interesting Americans, like the Kardashians. Once he had no guest at all, and had to interview a chair. But Morgan rarely complains. He earns enough to scrape by, and is grateful for his humble new way of life.

Some will say Morgan is in no real danger, because the people who want him gone are wackos. But he lives in fear.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 9027.story
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby warmonger1981 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:16 am

Unless you live in america. Are of a nationality that rightfully stole this beautiful land from native Americans you have nothing to say.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby chang50 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:34 am

betiko wrote:Lol, I can t help being surprised each day by some american points of view.

The internet is the worst thing to happen for Americans,prior to its invention the rest of the world had comparatively very little knowledge of the US and its people,now we can daily read what they think,and the overall impression,not everyone by a long way,but the overall impression created is very poor indeed.Like you Betiko,as a European I know we have our nutjobs,everywhere does,but for way-out crazy batshit right wing crackpots the US is easily first among developed nations.If this is the price of your freedom it's too high..
Captain chang50

Postby chang50 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

warmonger1981 wrote:Unless you live in america. Are of a nationality that rightfully stole this beautiful land from native Americans you have nothing to say.

And is the reverse also true Americans should have nothing to say about other countries?When will the US be withdrawing from all the countries they have intervened in?Hopefully you were being sarcastic but I can't be sure..
Captain chang50

Postby chang50 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

8-)

Rambo never ran away from a fight Scotty....
Captain chang50

Postby john9blue on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:14 am

chang and scotty should leave this thread forever.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,