Piers Morgan 100k

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Piers Morgan: Riding the Rail

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:27 pm

I admitted up front that I didn't sign it
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:28 pm

You were quite vocal about your support of the petition, though.

And you must have forgotten to answer my question. Here it is again.
MeDeFe wrote:Let's for a moment assume the US government really does deport Piers Morgan. Would you be ok with that? Would you really want your government to deport people who voice their opinions?
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm

MeDeFe wrote:You were quite vocal about your support of the petition, though.

And you must have forgotten to answer my question. Here it is again.
MeDeFe wrote:Let's for a moment assume the US government really does deport Piers Morgan. Would you be ok with that? Would you really want your government to deport people who voice their opinions?

I am quite vocal in my opposition to Piers Morgan, maybe even as vocal as Piers is against our Second Amendment, cept I don't have a prime-time nationally syndicated talk show...just you guys!

I have already said a few times I just shared the petition, and I don't think he even can literally be deported.

Hot off the presses: 3 hours ago
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... -traction/

Petition to deport Piers Morgan gains traction
It's a dispute involving some of our most familiar rights: The right to free speech, to bear arms, and to petition the government. This week, a group of American gun owners is taking on an imported TV personality and petitioning the White House to preserve some of these rights.

Since the mass school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, British-born cable news host Piers Morgan has lashed out at U.S. gun laws and pro-gun advocates. Those advocates have hit back by launching a petition, on the White House website "We the People," calling for Piers Morgan to be deported.

CBS News' Jeff Glor noted Thursday that more than 80,000 people had signed the petition, which accuses Morgan of engaging in a "hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution" by targeting their right to bear arms.

The Obama administration rolled out "We the People" in 2011, allowing anyone to directly petition the government. Petitions that garner 25,000 signatures in 30 days are promised a response from the White House. When President Obama introduced the platform, he said it would provide a forum for the "matters you care about the most." However, since the site launched requests have run the gamut from serious, to not-so-serious, to entirely absurd.

A petition that asks the federal government to "secure resources and funding" to build a Death Star by 2016 has garnered 32,000 signatures, enough to guarantee a response from the administration.

Glor also reported that multiple petitions request for states to secede from the U.S., and that a petition for Texas to withdrawal has more than 122,000 signatures.

While the movement to kick Piers Morgan out of the country may have support, the cable host is laughing it off. Morgan recently tweeted: "Merry Christmas! Even to those who want me deported."

oops, it's over 85,000 now.

anyhew, looks like ole Piers is gonna have to take a shot of Santorum! the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Piers Morgan: POLL TIME!

Postby notyou2 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm

You're 4th option is exactly what you are guilty of.....using speech to kill freedom. So it's OK for you to do it but not others?

The depths of your hypocrisy know no limits.
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (1)

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:56 pm

There was also an option "No, let him stay" up until a few minutes ago which was getting votes, I see it has been removed now.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:58 pm

notyou2 wrote:You're 4th option is exactly what you are guilty of.....using speech to kill freedom. So it's OK for you to do it but not others?

There are limits- he is opposed to campaigning at the place of polling. Feel free to vote your mind, free from any influence he might try. This is now up to the people, and I'm going for the kill freedom ticket all the way.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:59 pm

notyou2 wrote:You're 4th option is exactly what you are guilty of.....using speech to kill freedom. So it's OK for you to do it but not others?

Piers can, and will do it all he wants. Just doin it back, all you can eat. You didn't really think we would remain silent while our Consitution was being attacked, did you?
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

Piers can, and will do it all he wants. Just doin it back, all you can eat. You didn't really think we would remain silent while our Consitution was being attacked, did you?

Whoah- voter interference dude- this thread is a polling station now.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Symmetry wrote:

There are limits- he is opposed to campaigning at the place of polling. Feel free to vote your mind, free from any influence he might try. This is now up to the people, and I'm going for the kill freedom ticket all the way.

and try to keep in mind, this poll has KITTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

I hate Piers Morgan more than any other nosy network idiot, but damn, if you can kick him out for his political beliefs, where does it end? Should everyone who questions the law be deported? If you want to turn the U.S. into a communist country, that's exactly the way to go!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Gillipig wrote:I hate Piers Morgan more than any other nosy network idiot, but damn, if you can kick him out for his political beliefs, where does it end? Should everyone who questions the law be deported? If you want to turn the U.S. into a communist country, that's exactly the way to go!

Cmon, get in the spirit! We aren't really trying to kick him out, we are just making him not want to stay.....
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I hate Piers Morgan more than any other nosy network idiot, but damn, if you can kick him out for his political beliefs, where does it end? Should everyone who questions the law be deported? If you want to turn the U.S. into a communist country, that's exactly the way to go!

Cmon, get in the spirit! We aren't really trying to kick him out, we are just making him not want to stay.....

By making him an incredibly famous and polarising media figure? He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

By making him an incredibly famous and polarising media figure? He's laughing all the way to the bank.

Piers Morgan is no Glenn Beck
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Piers Morgan is no Glenn Beck

He's not that retarded yet no.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Seems like the plan he outlined before this all started is coming to fruition. He's looking at every new petition signature as another dollar in his pocket.

Piers Morgan Would Rather You Hate Him Than Ignore Him
November 11, 2012

Piers Morgan rose from Britain’s tabloid swamps to fill one of the most coveted chairs in TV news, replacing Larry King at CNN in 2011. In the U.K., he’s seen by many as a publicity hound. In the U.S., his problem is being seen at all.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... an-ignored
billy07 wrote:my mam likes BIG COCKS
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 pm

I think someone or something has the dirt on Piers, and as long as Piers does their/it's bidding, he will be the chosen one, but it doesn't end well for him.

This was the only time I liked Omarosa
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Changed the poll question midvote? Classic dodge king stuff, Scotty.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Symmetry wrote:Changed the poll question midvote? Classic dodge king stuff, Scotty.

Just let us have some fun for once.

What are your thoughts on Piers Morgan? I haven't known about him as long as you probably have.
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I admit, I watched his show every night last week. I note, at the moment, Piers is on re-run from last week...
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Changed the poll question midvote? Classic dodge king stuff, Scotty.

What are your thoughts on Piers Morgan? I haven't known about him as long as you probably have.

Crappy Tabloid newspaper editor, with any degree of legitimacy well past gone in the UK, moved to the US, gets a job based on his accent and a fair degree of media savvy (he ain't an idiot), plus his connections, gets cushy job pretending to be the kind of hard hitting interviewer that the UK is ok with, but is totally uncomfortable in a US media setting, seems to have caused uproar in the US over something that the pretty much everyone in the US and the rest of the world considers common sense, but causes a petition for him to be banned from the country by Texans.

TLDR: Nobody here likes him, but the one time he says something everyone else agrees with, he gets slammed.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Crappy Tabloid newspaper editor, with any degree of legitimacy well past gone in the UK, moved to the US, gets a job based on his accent and a fair degree of media savvy (he ain't an idiot), plus his connections, gets cushy job pretending to be the kind of hard hitting interviewer that the UK is ok with, but is totally uncomfortable in a US media setting, seems to have caused uproar in the US over something that the pretty much everyone in the US and the rest of the world considers common sense, but causes a petition for him to be banned from the country by Texans.

TLDR: Nobody here likes him, but the one time he says something everyone else agrees with, he gets slammed.

only one thing comes to mind

Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Phatscotty wrote:only one thing comes to mind

That should really be your sig, followed by a link to YouTube.com.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:only one thing comes to mind

That should really be your sig, followed by a link to YouTube.com.

it would looks like this
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Piers Morgan

Postby Ray Rider on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:05 am

This is one of the stupidest things I've seen...petitioning to deport a guy for what he says about gun control? Seriously? I mean, what he says is idiotic and the way he says it is idiotic and the way he talks down (or over) people who disagree with him is idiotic; but none of that is grounds for deportation.

Scotty says it's just symbolic, but even if that is so, it's still a stupid idea. There's much better methods of showing your displeasure with him than that. And what does this have to do with Glenn Beck's treatment by the liberals you keep talking about? We're not talking about Glenn Beck here, we're talking about Piers Morgan. Cry me a river.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Piers Morgan

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:29 am

Ray Rider wrote:This is one of the stupidest things I've seen...petitioning to deport a guy for what he says about gun control? Seriously? I mean, what he says is idiotic and the way he says it is idiotic and the way he talks down (or over) people who disagree with him is idiotic; but none of that is grounds for deportation.

Scotty says it's just symbolic, but even if that is so, it's still a stupid idea. There's much better methods of showing your displeasure with him than that. And what does this have to do with Glenn Beck's treatment by the liberals you keep talking about? We're not talking about Glenn Beck here, we're talking about Piers Morgan. Cry me a river.

It's only just begun with Piers. Later in time we will be able to look back and get a better perspective. Word is the guy who started this petition is from InfoWars. And anyways, like we weren't gonna talk about the petition here?

I'm sure the NRA is doing some things most of us won't hear about also, and other things will come, but I do not expect too many sponsors to start pulling out. Conservatives don't usually do that.
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five