Conquer Club

Old School CC Crew

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Old School CC Crew

Postby JBlombier on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Removing Flame Wars had nothing to do with Hasbro.

Hasbro was an interesting chapter in CC's life as well, though. I thought CC was done right there and then, but somehow Hasbro settled for the Classic Cities map and decided that it wasn't a Risk-like website. I think the CEO of Hasbro got wicked as his personal bitch in exchange, 'cause that's the only reason someone can look at CC and decide it's not very much like Risk.

Flame Wars got removed, because the users were too good at it and the mods couldn't keep up with them. I can't really describe it any other way.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:31 pm

tzor wrote:I can't remember the reason for it either. I think this was around the time when the manure hit the fan and there was a movement to get the forums at least somewhat "respectable" in order to attract newbies.

Oh yeah. Though, kind of went against their published rules though. And consistency was unheard of, though that goes back to when I first joined, like when wicked banned the one guy for posting pictures that have been common place in the Hot and Sexy thread for a long time.

That was wicked though. And we know what happened there.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 pm

tzor wrote:I can't remember the reason for it either. I think this was around the time when the manure hit the fan and there was a movement to get the forums at least somewhat "respectable" in order to attract newbies.

and how's attracting new members going?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:

and how's attracting new members going?

in other words, "apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the show?"
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Ronaldinho on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:34 am

JBlombier wrote:Removing Flame Wars had nothing to do with Hasbro.

Hasbro was an interesting chapter in CC's life as well, though. I thought CC was done right there and then, but somehow Hasbro settled for the Classic Cities map and decided that it wasn't a Risk-like website. I think the CEO of Hasbro got wicked as his personal bitch in exchange, 'cause that's the only reason someone can look at CC and decide it's not very much like Risk.

Flame Wars got removed, because the users were too good at it and the mods couldn't keep up with them. I can't really describe it any other way.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:27 am

apey wrote:Lmao yeah altho I would love to go another round with prowler....the jackass.

He's still around, PM him. BCC me in too.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby tzor on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 am

Ronaldinho wrote:Wasn't in to also do with Hasbro's interest?

Good point. I had forgotten about the courtship. Yes it was also cleaning up the act for the potential partner.

Now that I think of it, I've personally seen this same story a number of times in my life. Normally the guy goes crazy when the "sexy" company drops him like a pile of dirty trash. That didn't happen in Conquer Club's case.
Cadet tzor

Postby TheProwler on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:01 pm

apey wrote:Lmao yeah altho I would love to go another round with prowler....the jackass.

My jackass sense was tingling!

Glad to see you are still alive and kicking, apey!
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby TheProwler on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:05 pm

KoolBak wrote:I was hearing from BK occasionally for a couple years but it's been a while and I have no contact info for him out in the woods......hope he be ok....

I always liked BK Blunt (as I liked to call him). He could be pretty funny.

Deep down, I am sure he liked me too. :-s
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby 2dimes on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Prowler, 's'up? What year was your Camaro? I'm thinking of getting a 4th gen.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby TheProwler on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 am

2dimes wrote:Prowler, 's'up? What year was your Camaro? I'm thinking of getting a 4th gen.

2002...I really prefer the nose on the later 4th generation Camaros...and the LS1 is a great engine.

I've been driving it a lot this summer...I still have a lot of fun driving it after all these years...I factory ordered it when I heard it was the last year of the Camaro...

It's been a good car, in my opinion.
General TheProwler

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:41 am

Drive train wise I had no idea how great they were until recently. I have been out of the loop regarding everything newer. Last year I was made aware of an acquaintance that regularly builds newer stuff with 800 hp plus to the back wheels, relatively cheap.

Those cars are way under valued right now because most people are into imports or the brand new high performance reissues.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:38 am

'70 - '71 split bumper is the only camaro I like....since you asked.....lol. Can get a resto-mod that is virtually new cheaper than a new one....and sooooo much cooler...showing my age, I know.

Wife used to have a '69 convertible....still like to have that for the cash value....

"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby TheProwler on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:42 am

The early 2nd gen Camaros are the best looking in my opinion. Anything before 1974 when they had to get the big bumpers for safety....

I love how hey advertised them...for the guy who can't buy a Corvette because he needs a back seat for his kids...

General TheProwler

Postby 2dimes on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:43 am

Agreed the split bumper 2nd generation are my favorite also. But A 1970.5 in no where near the same condition is $20000 +

I can get a nice fourth generation with a manual transmission, that gets better mileage and has more power for under ten thousand dollars. That is attractive to a guy like me.
You know... married with a small allowance. Some of them are under $5000.

The re-issues don't do anything for me. I hate the 1974 to 1981 plus those were the years that killed American cars forever to the general population.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:23 am

My badass chevy is pushing 500 hp....original cost $2500...about $5 grand dumped in since....dont ask about the hours invested :lol:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:59 pm

TheProwler wrote:The early 2nd gen Camaros are the best looking in my opinion. Anything before 1974 when they had to get the big bumpers for safety....

I love how hey advertised them...for the guy who can't buy a Corvette because he needs a back seat for his kids...

I dunno about the grille but the rest of the car looks pretty smexy.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby TheProwler on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm a fan of the double-breasted suit...
General TheProwler

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,