Conquer Club

BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby chang50 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Poor show saxi.

Why?
Saxi's not allowed to voice his opinion like everyone else?

Is Sym not allowed to voice his opinion on Saxi's opinion?

There was no "opinion" voiced other than disapproval. Since when does this constitute a legitimate response? Just sounds like intimidation to me.

An opinion can be disapproving,there are countless examples to be found on cc,can't se what makes it less legitimate than an approving one.Intimidate Saxi?Chance would be a fine thing,the idea did make me chuckle tho..
Captain chang50

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 am

chang50 wrote:
An opinion can be disapproving,there are countless examples to be found on cc,can't se what makes it less legitimate than an approving one.Intimidate Saxi?Chance would be a fine thing,the idea did make me chuckle tho..

The intimidation being saxi is now of less esteem than he might have been before this thread for voicing his opinion. Whether or not saxi is actually affected by this intimidation doesn't change the fact that it's an underhanded move.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby aage on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:07 pm

chang50 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Poor show saxi.

Why?
Saxi's not allowed to voice his opinion like everyone else?

Is Sym not allowed to voice his opinion on Saxi's opinion?

He's being an inconsiderate bastard by not concerning himself with Saxi's feelings. Saxi's grandfather was the victim of opinions in the late 1940s, and Saxi has never really been able to get over it due to his constant whining on about it.

When will this thread die?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:33 pm

aage wrote:When will this thread die?

Is that a trick question?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Has BBS told us why the holocaust is funny yet?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Neoteny on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:

There is an approximately one percent chance that any given post will kill this thread. Except in your case, where it's about four percent.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm

There is no accounting for ones taste, or ones sense of humor.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Neoteny wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

There is an approximately one percent chance that any given post will kill this thread. Except in your case, where it's about four percent.

I had higher than funky actually. Only a handfull of the ones he checked killed threads better than me.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:09 am

Gillipig wrote:Has BBS told us why the holocaust is funny yet?

Nope, he only said that he wasn't trolling when he said that the Holocaust can be a great source of humor.

Funkyterrance wrote:The intimidation being saxi is now of less esteem than he might have been before this thread for voicing his opinion. Whether or not saxi is actually affected by this intimidation doesn't change the fact that it's an underhanded move.

You just illegitimate-ized yourself.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:You just illegitimate-ized yourself.

Thanks for the expert opinion, jaun. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

Well look, you came into this thread already on one side of the argument, and you tripped all over yourself in the first three posts. "There are varying degrees of severity in these situations" was exactly the point I made, but you argued against that point by agreeing with me. Then you just mixed it up all over the place. "Juan has to answer for what he said" - you'd say, twice more, after I already answered you a second time,... as you ignored these 400 year-old philosophical arguments of intellect - By debating yourself about society's rules like you were born yesterday.
And I don't care if a body has never heard of these arguments by Voltaire or Einstein or anyone else. I'm not appealing to Voltaire, just pointing out that society has been in agreement about this for hundreds of years - even before these United States were dreamed of.
It's a sign of intelligence to think upon an idea, without having to accept the idea as true. But you fail to even think upon the idea... let alone accept/understand that Society has already decided. Your arguments were, as I said at the beginning of this thread, ripped straight out of your company's HR handbook. And it's fine if you can't articulate your belief in the employee code of conduct perfectly, but then don't point the finger at me and say I'm the bad guy for attacking pedophilia like it's exactly the same as attacking the Holocaust. And if your going to walk away from a discussion or ignore an argument someone hands you in good faith, at least have the courage to say "I was wrong" or "f*ck you." Don't just say to yourself "well I can't beat that, so I'll just troll." I mean, I don't mind trolls, or dumb people, or even dumb troll people, but keep your character straight. You'll make any argument you ever post again seem like a troll post. It happened to phatscotty and it will happen to you.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Well look, you came into this thread already on one side of the argument, and you tripped all over yourself in the first three posts. "There are varying degrees of severity in these situations" was exactly the point I made, but you argued against that point by agreeing with me. Then you just mixed it up all over the place. "Juan has to answer for what he said" - you'd say, twice more, after I already answered you a second time,... as you ignored these 400 year-old philosophical arguments of intellect - By debating yourself about society's rules like you were born yesterday.
And I don't care if a body has never heard of these arguments by Voltaire or Einstein or anyone else. I'm not appealing to Voltaire, just pointing out that society has been in agreement about this for hundreds of years - even before these United States were dreamed of.
It's a sign of intelligence to think upon an idea, without having to accept the idea as true. But you fail to even think upon the idea... let alone accept/understand that Society has already decided. Your arguments were, as I said at the beginning of this thread, ripped straight out of your company's HR handbook. And it's fine if you can't articulate your belief in the employee code of conduct perfectly, but then don't point the finger at me and say I'm the bad guy for attacking pedophilia like it's exactly the same as attacking the Holocaust. And if your going to walk away from a discussion or ignore an argument someone hands you in good faith, at least have the courage to say "I was wrong" or "f*ck you." Don't just say to yourself "well I can't beat that, so I'll just troll." I mean, I don't mind trolls, or dumb people, or even dumb troll people, but keep your character straight. You'll make any argument you ever post again seem like a troll post. It happened to phatscotty and it will happen to you.

So since you found a percieved contradiction between the beginning of this thread and the end by myself, any argument I ever post in again will seem like a troll post? That would require quite a bit of bull-headedness juan, are you sure you really want to go down that road? There comes a point where you realize that something that is glaringly obvious will never be met by the person you are conversing with(juan) due to their sheer stubbornness.

I got your point about Voltaire, etc., but I don't think they apply to your personal situation here since you dish out just as much vileness/tastelessness as you plead is being served. I still don't believe in your personal interpretation of "things deemed by society" anyway as it's such a broad statement it's automatically useless to the conversation and your modern evidence is along the lines of what comedians use as joke material. Come on.

I'm pointing the finger of hypocrisy jaun, none other. I'm sorry if my character changes during the course of an argument instead of staunchly defending till the death my original thoughts but that's just how I do things. Try it, you might like it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Has BBS told us why the holocaust is funny yet?

Nope, he only said that he wasn't trolling when he said that the Holocaust can be a great source of humor.

He'll have to quote me on that.

Besides, OP's demands are as ridiculous as pimpdave's TPDS threads, so, I don't see why I have to supply much to JB.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 pm

Joan Rivers is BBS' multi!

Comedian Joan Rivers isn't about to apologize for a joke she made about the Holocaust.

Rivers, while appearing Monday on "Fashion Police" on E!, talked about the dress model Heidi Klum wore to the Academy Awards

"The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into the ovens," Rivers said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/28/showbiz/j ... ?hpt=hp_c3
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm

There are certain things about the Holocaust that should be taboo.

Why? Why is this true? What makes the Holocaust such a taboo topic? It's all good to make fun of blacks (who went through decades of slavery thousands dying from disease and cruelty), mexicans, arabs, idians, 9/11, mass suicides but as soon as the topic touches Holocaust all shit breaks loose in the media. I am so freaking tired of the Jews playing the Holocaust card.

BBS is wrong. There is no humor in Holocaust. The joke is on the rest of the world, not the Jews.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is Jewish. Err, I mean black. Err, I mean gay. Err, I mean retarded. Err, I mean fat. Err, I mean short.

We can still make fun of short people, right?

Or the Welsh.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Army of GOD wrote:This thread is Jewish. Err, I mean black. Err, I mean gay. Err, I mean retarded. Err, I mean fat. Err, I mean short.

NO! Midgets are people too and you can't discriminate against them based on height. Even though they have a hell of an advantage during limbo games.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby Symmetry on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Lil_SlimShady wrote:

NO! Midgets are people too and you can't discriminate against them based on height. Even though they have a hell of an advantage during limbo games.

For goodness sake man, how low can you go?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Neoteny on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm not going to bend over backwards to defend him here.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Lil_SlimShady wrote:

For goodness sake man, how low can you go?

Me or the midget? Pretty low for both.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:12 am

jonesthecurl wrote:

Or the Welsh.

Only if you are welsh... ;)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 am

Lil_SlimShady wrote:NO! Midgets are people too and you can't discriminate against them based on height. Even though they have a hell of an advantage during limbo games.

Actually, they don't. Eventually a limbo game requires everyone to move from a mostly horizontal position. So the problem turns into a depth and not a height problem. Ironically, longer limbs can function better with minimal bending and during the mid point have more bending capacity.
Cadet tzor

Postby Gillipig on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Wow, I'm impressed, these 231 posts are littered with explanations for why the holocaust is funny. Good job BBS, you've really shown all your critics wrong in this thread. This thread did not at all make you look stupid, not at all.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:41 am

Gillipig wrote:Wow, I'm impressed, these 231 posts are littered with explanations for why the holocaust is funny. Good job BBS, you've really shown all your critics wrong in this thread. This thread did not at all make you look stupid, not at all.

webster wrote:Definition of FUNNY

a : affording light mirth and laughter : amusing
b : seeking or intended to amuse : facetious

So, the holocaust is funny because there exist people who laugh at holocaust jokes. Q.E.D.

/thread
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:29 pm

tzor wrote: Ironically, longer limbs can function better with minimal bending and during the mid point have more bending capacity.

:?: Please elaborate. How can they be minimall bending but with a more bending capacity?
Captain Lil_SlimShady

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,