BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

aage wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Willing Participation

I'll just leave this here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave_(novel)

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

[Provide evidence by writing/linking to a fictional account]

Hey, aage, are you a creationist?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby aage on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
aage wrote:

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

Lit is not necessarily true, but it contains human truth which is truth enough for an internet discussion. I mean, you're copying text and replacing two words, for heaven's sake.

Not a creationist but the idea isn't bad. Also, Mein Kampf is fiction. How did that turn out?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 pm

aage wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
aage wrote:

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

Lit is not necessarily true, but it contains human truth which is truth enough for an internet discussion. I mean, you're copying text and replacing two words, for heaven's sake.

Not a creationist but the idea isn't bad. Also, Mein Kampf is fiction. How did that turn out?

Fiction is not at all true; however, it can contain some semblance of truth yet also many falsehoods which can be appealing to our cognitive bias.

Mein Kampf didn't hit the New York Times Top 10 Bestseller's List, if that's what you mean. Fiction is a means through which the power of ideas can be magnified. This can be great or terrible, but fiction has its constraints, which some fail to identify. Just sayin'.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Its taken a while to come up with a reply here, and I finally came up with a response. Colbert could do it.

Now, I dont mean to suggest he would be making fun of the holocaust, its victims or its survivors of course, but as a parody, would be making fun of those who would. Family Guy does the same thing, but sometimes trade the parody for a quick laugh...which, is what comedy is, but at the very least they'd probably get censored before they went down that route. I can only imagine a few fell on the cutting floor, that were beyond what anyone would ever want to say in any other setting than with a bunch of irreverent comedians.

Humor does make us think, on a deeper level than we otherwise would, so theoretically, its possible such a joke is possible, but Im not entirely sure if that's what BBS meant.

Honestly, he seems to be avoiding the whole "what kind of jokes about the holocaust are funny" questions, but there is that one loophole, that he could have meant, and therefore not have been as offensive as it really does from that one statement. Its also possible it was written without too much thought, and if you need any previous examples of him doing that...just click on "Search BBS posts"

One thing for sure, its dangerous business, and probably best to be avoided at all costs.

Hitler jokes on the other hand, tell those things all day long: They dont even have to be good, like this one:

Why did Hitler cross the road?

So he could shoot himself in the head. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Captain AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 pm

AAFitz wrote:Its taken a while to come up with a reply here, and I finally came up with a response. Colbert could do it.

Now, I dont mean to suggest he would be making fun of the holocaust, its victims or its survivors of course, but as a parody, would be making fun of those who would. Family Guy does the same thing, but sometimes trade the parody for a quick laugh...which, is what comedy is, but at the very least they'd probably get censored before they went down that route. I can only imagine a few fell on the cutting floor, that were beyond what anyone would ever want to say in any other setting than with a bunch of irreverent comedians.

It makes us think, on a deeper level than we otherwise would, so theoretically, its possible, but Im not entirely sure if thats what BBS meant.

That's another valid aspect of comedy worth highlighting.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you find funny. If you can dig up statistics on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you don't find funny. If you can get so Swedish on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.

You can't even come up with one example lol.

You can't even come up with one example lol.

BBS just turned five years old. You're on the ropes BBS, throw in the towel and just admit it, you regret the shit out of ever having said the holocaust could be funny!

When you go to a funeral, do you pull down your pants and take a shit in the middle of the room? With jokes, context matters. I imagine that in Sweden there is no humor and only cold titties--an unfortunate place.
If it is your funeral, then yes!

You just made a huge blunder. You compared joking about the holocaust to crapping in a funeral, that was just the point I was trying to make. You just don't do that shit!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:When you go to a funeral, do you pull down your pants and take a shit in the middle of the room? With jokes, context matters. I imagine that in Sweden there is no humor and only cold titties--an unfortunate place.

You just made a huge blunder. You compared joking about the holocaust to crapping in a funeral, that was just the point I was trying to make. You just don't do that shit!

I think making a pun about shit at the end of this was disrespectful to dead people.

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Captain AAFitz

Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:02 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:When you go to a funeral, do you pull down your pants and take a shit in the middle of the room? With jokes, context matters. I imagine that in Sweden there is no humor and only cold titties--an unfortunate place.

I think making a pun about shit at the end of this was disrespectful to dead people.

Your existence is disrespectful to people who are alive.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Wow, I wasn't mentioned once in this thread? I am disappoint.

Also, either it's all funny or none of it is.

Also, Appeal to South Park:

CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh, and I didn't read the novel The Wave but I did watch the film and it while I thought it was a good movie and could work as an allegory but I hardly think it would accurately represent what would happen in a real world classroom.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Your existence is disrespectful to people who are alive.

Thats a crappy thing to say. :oops:

Captain AAFitz

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Your existence is disrespectful to people who are alive.

Not to mention it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

I think your joke-o-meter is also low.

"Crappy"
"Shitting at a funeral"
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
AAFitz wrote:

I think your joke-o-meter is also low.

"Crappy"
"Shitting at a funeral"

Hmm, you may be right tgd and if so, touche.
In my defense, I was reading fitz's post which included only gillipig's one quote and fitz's response combined with his emote. Fitz, what's the verdict here? Is my funny bone broken or is tgd's joke-o-meter FUBAR?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm

Gillipig wrote:

Colonel BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?