Ready for snow?!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am

LMAO, snow.

Fucking snow wouldn't do us anything in Mexico. Pussies.

It would melt right away, 25C here.
betiko wrote:8 cm long, 4cm circumference; light brown


betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Borderdawg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 am

mid 80's and sunshine this weekend. I'm headed to the beach. :D
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Borderdawg
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 am

Dukasaur wrote:I'm stuck at the world's most boring truck stop, in Carlisle, PA, because the trucking companies have decided that New York State is too high-risk to jeopardize their equipment. There's no way to get from Pennsylvania to Ontario without passing through New York, unfortunately.

Well, I suppose I could double the length of my journey and go all the way around through Michigan, but that would be ridiculous.

There's not even a good restaurant here, just a goddamn Denny's. Whoever designed the Denny's menu should have their kneecaps broken with an icepick; everything on it is disgusting garbage, totally deepfried to the point of 100% moisture loss, so that it's a bit like eating beef jerky without the beef. And the waitresses constantly fight, accusing each other of not doing their jobs while not doing their jobs. And I don't mean little snide remarks under their breath, I mean full-fledged explosions of "you lying tramp" loud enough for the whole place to hear. It's a bit like being a kid again and trying to focus on your breakfast while your parents fight.

The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated". On the first day I dutifully waited for 15-minute increments. Today I got smart and learned to ignore the sign. I just walk in, grab a menu, and sit wherever I want. Then I randomly choose some inedible crap from the menu and flag down the nearest dysfunctional waitress and implore her to serve me. When she says, "that's not my table" I point out that I've been waiting 38 hours and can survive not much longer. Other than being a slight exaggeration, it's basically true.

Carlisle, PA. Can't beat it!

I can't get any real weather reports from Williamsport, Corning, Rochester, or anything else along my way home. I google "Williamsport weather report" and I get Philly. I don't give a f*ck about Philly. It's two valleys over from Williamsport and not even part of the same climactic region. I want to know about the mountain roads between Williamsport and Corning, and between Corning and Rochester. After Rochester I'm home free; the NY Thruway gets priority plowing and from the Canadian border I can basically walk home. But nobody anywhere seems to be able to tell me what the I-390 looks like, or the dangerous sections on the north end of US 15.




Here. This will keep you company:


Image
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Gilligan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 pm

There's a lot of damn snow here.
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12723
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 200
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (31)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm

mid 50's, lots of sun. Good riding weekend.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I'm stuck at the world's most boring truck stop, in Carlisle, PA, because the trucking companies have decided that New York State is too high-risk to jeopardize their equipment. There's no way to get from Pennsylvania to Ontario without passing through New York, unfortunately.

Well, I suppose I could double the length of my journey and go all the way around through Michigan, but that would be ridiculous.

There's not even a good restaurant here, just a goddamn Denny's. Whoever designed the Denny's menu should have their kneecaps broken with an icepick; everything on it is disgusting garbage, totally deepfried to the point of 100% moisture loss, so that it's a bit like eating beef jerky without the beef. And the waitresses constantly fight, accusing each other of not doing their jobs while not doing their jobs. And I don't mean little snide remarks under their breath, I mean full-fledged explosions of "you lying tramp" loud enough for the whole place to hear. It's a bit like being a kid again and trying to focus on your breakfast while your parents fight.

The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated". On the first day I dutifully waited for 15-minute increments. Today I got smart and learned to ignore the sign. I just walk in, grab a menu, and sit wherever I want. Then I randomly choose some inedible crap from the menu and flag down the nearest dysfunctional waitress and implore her to serve me. When she says, "that's not my table" I point out that I've been waiting 38 hours and can survive not much longer. Other than being a slight exaggeration, it's basically true.

Carlisle, PA. Can't beat it!

I can't get any real weather reports from Williamsport, Corning, Rochester, or anything else along my way home. I google "Williamsport weather report" and I get Philly. I don't give a f*ck about Philly. It's two valleys over from Williamsport and not even part of the same climactic region. I want to know about the mountain roads between Williamsport and Corning, and between Corning and Rochester. After Rochester I'm home free; the NY Thruway gets priority plowing and from the Canadian border I can basically walk home. But nobody anywhere seems to be able to tell me what the I-390 looks like, or the dangerous sections on the north end of US 15.




Here. This will keep you company:


Image

I've made it home now, but thank you very much....:)

US-15 had some slightly bad spots, but the I-390 and the Thruway were clean as an unused condom.

Along the way I was thinking of more nasty things I could say about Denny's, but when I got home my wife had a wonderful dinner waiting and all negative thoughts have vanished from my mind. It's amazing how a good home-cooked meal can make you completely forget about some terrible restaurant crap.
User avatar
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm
Location: Beautiful Niagara
Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby 2dimes on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Good to read you're safe at home duk.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3929
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 am

Jeeez. I thought the British Carlisle was a bloody dull place. It's a bit like Chelmsford, Massachusetts. It's only merit is that it makes the English Chelmsford look interesting in comparison.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Sergeant jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 am

We got a couple feet of snow so far, and it's still coming down. Our car is buried, and the driveway is totally covered, with no sign of a plow. We're not going anywhere today.


Good thing the ski hill is open, and we're within walking distance.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Timminz
 
Posts: 5565
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby nietzsche on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:19 pm

How often do you guys shower when it's very cold like these days?
betiko wrote:8 cm long, 4cm circumference; light brown


betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby marpesia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 pm

I believe the question you should be asking, nietzsche, is "how often to they shower"? period!!!!!
It doesn't do to be sentimental about cats; the best ones don't respect you for it.

One is never sure, watching two cats washing each other, whether it's affection, the taste, or a trial run for the jugular.
User avatar
Corporal marpesia
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:34 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby AAFitz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Just Got done Plowing, shoveling, and roof raking it.

I will say this. If you've never driven around in the heart of a blizzard, and you have a vehicle that can, I highly suggest it.

It simply transforms the world you live in, into an indescribable blowing white landscape you get lost in, while driving in your own neighborhood.

It was especially cool here, because pretty much anyone not bleeding, fixing bleeding people, or plowing, was not allowed on the roads, so they were in no uncertain terms, mine and mine alone.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
User avatar
Lieutenant AAFitz
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am
Location: On top of the World 2.1
Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby tzor on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:36 pm

This wasn't a good time for roads. Very local roads weren't plowed at all and a few trucks got stuck trying to plow them.

The main local road was plowed but it still had a solid layer of snow on it yesterday and it took the rain storm today to make it mostly clear.

The state road was passable this morning but OK today.

The large county road is half snow covered and half plowed.

The interstate was closed for a long time, but as of this evening, it's beautiful.

Of course, this evening, we had dense fog. :twisted:
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby notyou2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

nietzsche wrote:How often do you guys shower when it's very cold like these days?
We don't shower when there is snow on the ground. We roll naked in it.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2991
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

tzor wrote:This wasn't a good time for roads. Very local roads weren't plowed at all and a few trucks got stuck trying to plow them.

The main local road was plowed but it still had a solid layer of snow on it yesterday and it took the rain storm today to make it mostly clear.

The state road was passable this morning but OK today.

The large county road is half snow covered and half plowed.

The interstate was closed for a long time, but as of this evening, it's beautiful.

Of course, this evening, we had dense fog. :twisted:


Almost none of the roads near me are plowed. It's superbly infuriating.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5693
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:This wasn't a good time for roads. Very local roads weren't plowed at all and a few trucks got stuck trying to plow them.

The main local road was plowed but it still had a solid layer of snow on it yesterday and it took the rain storm today to make it mostly clear.

The state road was passable this morning but OK today.

The large county road is half snow covered and half plowed.

The interstate was closed for a long time, but as of this evening, it's beautiful.

Of course, this evening, we had dense fog. :twisted:


Almost none of the roads near me are plowed. It's superbly infuriating.


Good luck "carpooling" to campus tomorrow bro
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 pm

The good news is cross country skiing is amazing for your health and fitness!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby nietzsche on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
tzor wrote:This wasn't a good time for roads. Very local roads weren't plowed at all and a few trucks got stuck trying to plow them.

The main local road was plowed but it still had a solid layer of snow on it yesterday and it took the rain storm today to make it mostly clear.

The state road was passable this morning but OK today.

The large county road is half snow covered and half plowed.

The interstate was closed for a long time, but as of this evening, it's beautiful.

Of course, this evening, we had dense fog. :twisted:


Almost none of the roads near me are plowed. It's superbly infuriating.


Good luck "carpooling" to campus tomorrow bro


Is this an invitation to share a dorm room from Mets to AoG?
betiko wrote:8 cm long, 4cm circumference; light brown


betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby tzor on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 pm

The roads were finally in a good condition today.
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class tzor
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm

tzor wrote:The roads were finally in a good condition today.


It took me over an hour to make it the four miles to the LIE from my house this morning. When I came back later today, the roads were totally clear.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby nietzsche on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
tzor wrote:The roads were finally in a good condition today.


It took me over an hour to make it the four miles to the LIE from my house this morning. When I came back later today, the roads were totally clear.


You could've given AoG a ride.
betiko wrote:8 cm long, 4cm circumference; light brown


betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mrswdk

Login