Dream Cheetah

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 am

I didn't dream no cheet..ah

Had many dreams, and the closest would be that I dreamed little about being at a mall and suddenly came to the realization that there were many of old acquaintances around, like taking a picture in group, and at the same time realized they were not my university friends but from the university that my roommate attended to, with whom I hanged sometimes.
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 am

saxitoxin wrote:RDSRDS2120: saw 2dimes, saw Metsfanmax
LaughingCavalier: saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
GreecePWNS: saw (possibly impregnated, unclear) Esmerelda
Saxi: saw no one
Esmerelda: saw no one
notyou2: saw AoG, saw Serbia's Mom, saw Saxi, saw Esmerelda
Slash: saw Dancing Mustard
DoomYoshi: saw no one
2dimes: saw no one
nietzsche: still asleep

There is no overlap at all. I DECLARE THE EXPERIMENT A FAILURE.


the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:45 am

john9blue wrote:the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind


Don't be silly. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The experiment could have just as likely failed because in my dream I had the dream cheetah strapped in a gynecological chair in my basement.

A rational person can only be purely agnostic about the existence of dream worlds.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:the experiment was a success... it provided evidence against a "dream world" or the idea that dreams exist anywhere else other than the individual's own mind


Don't be silly. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The experiment could have just as likely failed because in my dream I had the dream cheetah strapped in a gynecological chair in my basement.

A rational person can only be purely agnostic about the existence of dream worlds.


if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.

i don't think you understand what agnosticism means. it means that there's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion one way or the other, not "hurp durp i'm gonna make a retarded straw man to piss off john and pretend all evidence is meaningless because i can think of an unlikely alternative possibility".

this experiment has made me a bit less agnostic about my belief that dreams only exist in the mind, and a bit more agnostic about my belief that you know what you are talking about when it comes to epistemology
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 pm

john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 pm

2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:42 pm

So the most likely explanation is milk?
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3905
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

We might have all dreamed at different times.
show
User avatar
Corporal DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 3863
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Some of us cannot remember our dreams. What about that sample, j9b?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Can we just let the stinking corpse of the dream cheetah rest in peace for crying out loud? It's dead I tell you, DEAD! It was limping from gangrene since the beginning and your efforts to keep it alive were cruel and unusual.

Image
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 pm

You're not killing this thread too FT.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:37 am

john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Clearly that was just a regular cheetah, if they had really seen the dream cheetah the dreams would have correlated.

john9blue wrote:i don't think you understand what agnosticism means. it means that there's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion one way or the other, not "hurp durp i'm gonna make a retarded straw man to piss off john and pretend all evidence is meaningless because i can think of an unlikely alternative possibility".

this experiment has made me a bit less agnostic about my belief that dreams only exist in the mind, and a bit more agnostic about my belief that you know what you are talking about when it comes to epistemology


Pro-tip: When someone mentions cheetahs strapped to gynecological chairs there's a decent shot the post isn't meant to be taken seriously.

You need to lighten up man. Shouldn't this superiority complex of yours make you feel disengaged from the ramblings of us plebs rather than enraged by them?

If you wanna get serious:
How much evidence towards the non-existence of god is given by the fact that none of the fuckin religions match?
How much is given by the fact that we have observed religions be created in the lab as it were ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult )
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: Re:

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity


Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: Re:

Postby xeno on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity


Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?

When it comes to magic there are no rules haggis ;)
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:i don't think you understand what agnosticism means. it means that there's not enough evidence to draw a conclusion one way or the other, not "hurp durp i'm gonna make a retarded straw man to piss off john and pretend all evidence is meaningless because i can think of an unlikely alternative possibility".

this experiment has made me a bit less agnostic about my belief that dreams only exist in the mind, and a bit more agnostic about my belief that you know what you are talking about when it comes to epistemology


Pro-tip: When someone mentions cheetahs strapped to gynecological chairs there's a decent shot the post isn't meant to be taken seriously.

You need to lighten up man. Shouldn't this superiority complex of yours make you feel disengaged from the ramblings of us plebs rather than enraged by them?

If you wanna get serious:
How much evidence towards the non-existence of god is given by the fact that none of the fuckin religions match?
How much is given by the fact that we have observed religions be created in the lab as it were ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult )


- no, that's called a thought experiment

- if i had a superiority complex then i wouldn't be willing to have an honest discussion with you... like some on this forum. in fact, i probably wouldn't even be here because i wouldn't consider you guys worthy of my time.

- the religions almost all match on a few key points.

- i don't think cargo cults qualify as religions. they just adapted unnecessary beliefs into their existing religions.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm

I dreamed about AOG.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Re:

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity


Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?


i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Re:

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

john9blue wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity


Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?


i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?


Humans and other advanced animals from single celled creatures are a perfect example.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant notyou2
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: In the here and now
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I dreamed about AOG.


Did you ruin your sheets?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: the American Riviera
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Re:

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:49 pm

notyou2 wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:
2dimes wrote:
john9blue wrote:if he was strapped in a chair, then how did some other people see him? -1 for your theory.


Same way I saw on Off topic member who did not come to my dream.

As you say, one or more Cheetahs existed only in the individual's mind. The transendental cheetah may still have been in one or more of the dreams.


maybe, but that explanation is less likely due to its complexity


Oh, oh, this reminds me of an old discussion with you that we hadn't finished.

Going on the complexity theory, you have to agree that an omnipotent omniscient god is a terrible explanation for how the universe came to be because such a god will necessarily be more complex than the universe, right?


i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?


Humans and other advanced animals from single celled creatures are a perfect example.


'cept the mechanics of biological evolution are vastly different from the big bang and allow for complexity arising from simplicity. Indeed, the formation of stars and subsequent matter heavier than hydrogen are complexity arising from simplicity, but the big bang itself can't be said to follow that same plan. I think.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Dream Cheetah

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I dreamed about AOG.


Did you ruin your sheets?


This was not the first time.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Re:

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

john9blue wrote:- no, that's called a thought experiment

- if i had a superiority complex then i wouldn't be willing to have an honest discussion with you... like some on this forum. in fact, i probably wouldn't even be here because i wouldn't consider you guys worthy of my time.


You're usually not this serious. Fine I'll stop the joking around.

john9blue wrote:- the religions almost all match on a few key points.

What would those be?

john9blue wrote:- i don't think cargo cults qualify as religions. they just adapted unnecessary beliefs into their existing religions.


How about scientology? mormonism?
Btw, check this out if you haven't heard of it, it's hilarious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip_Movement

These things should be pretty good evidence that it isn't exactly hard for a religion to be formed out of complete and utter nonsense.

john9blue wrote:i thought we agreed that god didn't need to be more complex than the universe? can't complexity arise from simplicity?


Yes. That's why i specified an omnipotent omniscient god.
Can he hold all the information in the universe and have absolute power over the universe while being less complex than the universe ?

This argument doesn't apply to deistic interpretations, just to mainstream theistic ones.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: Re:

Postby john9blue on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm

i think it's a little ridiculous that this has turned into yet another religion thread... but whatever, guess i'm partially to blame LOL

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:- the religions almost all match on a few key points.

What would those be?


creator of universe, omnipotent, omniscient, etc.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:- i don't think cargo cults qualify as religions. they just adapted unnecessary beliefs into their existing religions.


How about scientology? mormonism?


sure, those have their own gods and beliefs about ultimate origin, etc.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Yes. That's why i specified an omnipotent omniscient god.
Can he hold all the information in the universe and have absolute power over the universe while being less complex than the universe ?

This argument doesn't apply to deistic interpretations, just to mainstream theistic ones.


not sure. i don't think the universe was very complex in the beginning, though.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login