Gta 5

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gta 5

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 pm

left right L1 L2 R1 R2 up down left right
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Gta 5

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 pm

CBlake wrote:San Andreas is my (And alot of others) favorite, however from an online play perspective(Which is huge for me) Gta 4 was revolutionary in that respect. You can free mode online with like 16 people or something, that is just crazy awesome.

That was the only real improvement. It was gta though! Online play doesn't matter!


Also red dead was boring as f*ck. Couldn't finish the game
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Gta 5

Postby CBlake on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

xeno wrote:
CBlake wrote:San Andreas is my (And alot of others) favorite, however from an online play perspective(Which is huge for me) Gta 4 was revolutionary in that respect. You can free mode online with like 16 people or something, that is just crazy awesome.

That was the only real improvement. It was gta though! Online play doesn't matter!


Also red dead was boring as f*ck. Couldn't finish the game


WATTT!!!!1111 Online play matters to me, especially when I can get in police chases with my friends in the car with me online, so tight.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Gta 5

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm

CBlake wrote:
xeno wrote:
CBlake wrote:San Andreas is my (And alot of others) favorite, however from an online play perspective(Which is huge for me) Gta 4 was revolutionary in that respect. You can free mode online with like 16 people or something, that is just crazy awesome.

That was the only real improvement. It was gta though! Online play doesn't matter!


Also red dead was boring as f*ck. Couldn't finish the game


WATTT!!!!1111 Online play matters to me, especially when I can get in police chases with my friends in the car with me online, so tight.

And it's people like you that are killing single player mode in every game genre
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 am

Why is it called GTA 5? Shouldn't it be like GTA 23 or something? DO NUMBERS NOT MATTER ANYMORE ?!?!

Also, the original was clearly the best.

Image
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: Gta 5

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Why is it called GTA 5? Shouldn't it be like GTA 23 or something? DO NUMBERS NOT MATTER ANYMORE ?!?!

Also, the original was clearly the best.


I anged that.


--Andy
User avatar
Sergeant AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25370
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Gta 5

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:07 am

I don't get all the hate for 4. Yeah, it was a step down in most areas from SA, but it improved other areas. Plus I actually enjoyed the story. And the internet? Really? Did you guys actually read any of the websites? That stuff was hilarious. The TV shows? Hilarious. Pißwasser? Hilarious.

I'm sure 5 will be just as good. I like that they're returning to San Andreas, or at least Los Santos and the surrounding area. That should be fun. And if they make it to where you can fly planes again, it will be damn near just as good as SA, in my opinion.

I do miss being able to customize your character, but whatevs, I play RPG's too, so I get my fix for that kind of gameplay elsewhere.


As for the retarded online gameplay and the adherents of that, I completely agree, you guys are ruining single-player gameplay. Developers are wasting time and money developing that crap instead of focusing on the single-player game, like they should be.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Vice City was fun. Never played San Andreas. 4 was okay, but I thought the driving was ridiculous. The upkeep of relations with your contacts was annoying, too.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby nagerous on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

4 was fun purely for getting Niko drunk

Romaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Image
User avatar
Captain nagerous
 
Posts: 8113
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 am
Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby CBlake on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 pm

tkr4lf wrote:I don't get all the hate for 4. Yeah, it was a step down in most areas from SA, but it improved other areas. Plus I actually enjoyed the story. And the internet? Really? Did you guys actually read any of the websites? That stuff was hilarious. The TV shows? Hilarious. Pißwasser? Hilarious.

I'm sure 5 will be just as good. I like that they're returning to San Andreas, or at least Los Santos and the surrounding area. That should be fun. And if they make it to where you can fly planes again, it will be damn near just as good as SA, in my opinion.

I do miss being able to customize your character, but whatevs, I play RPG's too, so I get my fix for that kind of gameplay elsewhere.


As for the retarded online gameplay and the adherents of that, I completely agree, you guys are ruining single-player gameplay. Developers are wasting time and money developing that crap instead of focusing on the single-player game, like they should be.


Lol you guys are dumb, I open the box and beat the shit out of the story mode, then I play free roam (Which you do alone) with my friends, I can see how I am ruining the game :roll:
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 pm

I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby xeno on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:27 am

Army of GOD wrote:I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.

Driving did take a step back come to think of it! I could still drive around bone county listening to freebird on kdust. Such a good soundtrack from top to bottom. The story was bad in 4 btw. I couldn't finish it.
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Gta 5

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 am

Army of GOD wrote:I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.


xeno wrote:Driving did take a step back come to think of it! I could still drive around bone county listening to freebird on kdust. Such a good soundtrack from top to bottom. The story was bad in 4 btw. I couldn't finish it.


Fair enough. The driving was more realistic, which was a bit less fun. The setting, well, I guess that's just a preference thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the setting for SA, but I also loved the setting for 4. I like that they made it more like New York City in 4.

Either way, they're both great games. SA still is king, though. There's nothing like flying that military jet around shooting missiles at random cars, then going as high as you possibly can and parachuting out into Las Venturas to go bet $500,000 on a single roulette spin.

And yeah, the soundtrack for SA was the best. I don't think they'll ever beat that.

Anyway, looking forward to 5. I'm sure it will be good. Hopefully they go back to Vice City in the next one. It would be cool to revisit that setting with it being updated the way the other settings have been/ are being done.




CBlake wrote:Lol you guys are dumb, I open the box and beat the shit out of the story mode, then I play free roam (Which you do alone) with my friends, I can see how I am ruining the game :roll:

It's not that you personally are ruining the single-player game.

It's the fact that there are players out there that prefer and want multi-player aspects, which forces developers to devote time that could otherwise be spent making the single-player experience even better. It's a waste of developer time and money that could be much better used.

Take GTA:IV for example. Many people have a problem with some aspects of the single player game. Now imagine that there was no multi-player and all the time and money spent developing that was instead put into the single-player game. I would imagine that it would be twice as good as it is now. More features, more story, possibly more DLC, etc. Instead that manpower was put into the multi-player experience.

I guess I don't get the drive for multi-player. Since when was gaming all about multi-player? If you want to do stuff with friends, go do stuff with friends. If you want to play a video game, then sit in your room and play a video game. Why do those two activities have to be combined?

Personally I value my alone time spent playing video games. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but often times I want to escape from other people. That's what video games are great for. Anyway...enough about that.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:58 am

I'm hoping that 5 will be not only the best-looking GTA but the most massive and most diverse...pretty much SA 2.0.

Also, even though a lot of the GTAs have been "be a mercenary for other gangs", I loved SA's "be a motherfucking gang member". GROVE STREET 4 LYFE
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby CBlake on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.


xeno wrote:Driving did take a step back come to think of it! I could still drive around bone county listening to freebird on kdust. Such a good soundtrack from top to bottom. The story was bad in 4 btw. I couldn't finish it.


Fair enough. The driving was more realistic, which was a bit less fun. The setting, well, I guess that's just a preference thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the setting for SA, but I also loved the setting for 4. I like that they made it more like New York City in 4.

Either way, they're both great games. SA still is king, though. There's nothing like flying that military jet around shooting missiles at random cars, then going as high as you possibly can and parachuting out into Las Venturas to go bet $500,000 on a single roulette spin.

And yeah, the soundtrack for SA was the best. I don't think they'll ever beat that.

Anyway, looking forward to 5. I'm sure it will be good. Hopefully they go back to Vice City in the next one. It would be cool to revisit that setting with it being updated the way the other settings have been/ are being done.




CBlake wrote:Lol you guys are dumb, I open the box and beat the shit out of the story mode, then I play free roam (Which you do alone) with my friends, I can see how I am ruining the game :roll:

It's not that you personally are ruining the single-player game.

It's the fact that there are players out there that prefer and want multi-player aspects, which forces developers to devote time that could otherwise be spent making the single-player experience even better. It's a waste of developer time and money that could be much better used.

Take GTA:IV for example. Many people have a problem with some aspects of the single player game. Now imagine that there was no multi-player and all the time and money spent developing that was instead put into the single-player game. I would imagine that it would be twice as good as it is now. More features, more story, possibly more DLC, etc. Instead that manpower was put into the multi-player experience.

I guess I don't get the drive for multi-player. Since when was gaming all about multi-player? If you want to do stuff with friends, go do stuff with friends. If you want to play a video game, then sit in your room and play a video game. Why do those two activities have to be combined?

Personally I value my alone time spent playing video games. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but often times I want to escape from other people. That's what video games are great for. Anyway...enough about that.


Its actually money well spent and their sales are much higher because the online community for this game is high. It would make no since to devote no time to multiplayer because their sales would plummet. Honestly how many games today don't have some kind of multiplayer? The answer is not many, that is what people want and the game developers have to adapt to that. This isn't 2004 anymore.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
User avatar
Captain CBlake
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Where the wild things are
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: Gta 5

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm

CBlake wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.


xeno wrote:Driving did take a step back come to think of it! I could still drive around bone county listening to freebird on kdust. Such a good soundtrack from top to bottom. The story was bad in 4 btw. I couldn't finish it.


Fair enough. The driving was more realistic, which was a bit less fun. The setting, well, I guess that's just a preference thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the setting for SA, but I also loved the setting for 4. I like that they made it more like New York City in 4.

Either way, they're both great games. SA still is king, though. There's nothing like flying that military jet around shooting missiles at random cars, then going as high as you possibly can and parachuting out into Las Venturas to go bet $500,000 on a single roulette spin.

And yeah, the soundtrack for SA was the best. I don't think they'll ever beat that.

Anyway, looking forward to 5. I'm sure it will be good. Hopefully they go back to Vice City in the next one. It would be cool to revisit that setting with it being updated the way the other settings have been/ are being done.




CBlake wrote:Lol you guys are dumb, I open the box and beat the shit out of the story mode, then I play free roam (Which you do alone) with my friends, I can see how I am ruining the game :roll:

It's not that you personally are ruining the single-player game.

It's the fact that there are players out there that prefer and want multi-player aspects, which forces developers to devote time that could otherwise be spent making the single-player experience even better. It's a waste of developer time and money that could be much better used.

Take GTA:IV for example. Many people have a problem with some aspects of the single player game. Now imagine that there was no multi-player and all the time and money spent developing that was instead put into the single-player game. I would imagine that it would be twice as good as it is now. More features, more story, possibly more DLC, etc. Instead that manpower was put into the multi-player experience.

I guess I don't get the drive for multi-player. Since when was gaming all about multi-player? If you want to do stuff with friends, go do stuff with friends. If you want to play a video game, then sit in your room and play a video game. Why do those two activities have to be combined?

Personally I value my alone time spent playing video games. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but often times I want to escape from other people. That's what video games are great for. Anyway...enough about that.


Its actually money well spent and their sales are much higher because the online community for this game is high. It would make no since to devote no time to multiplayer because their sales would plummet. Honestly how many games today don't have some kind of multiplayer? The answer is not many, that is what people want and the game developers have to adapt to that. This isn't 2004 anymore.

Fucking kids today and your multiplayer gaming.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I'm hoping that 5 will be not only the best-looking GTA but the most massive and most diverse...pretty much SA 2.0.

Also, even though a lot of the GTAs have been "be a mercenary for other gangs", I loved SA's "be a motherfucking gang member". GROVE STREET 4 LYFE

From what I heard, it doesn't include any of the San Fierro or Las Venturas areas, which kind of sucks. I guess it's just Los Santos and the surrounding areas, but I don't know for sure.

And yeah, the Grove was bomb. Big Smoke was the coolest villain in any of the games.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby xeno on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
CBlake wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I guess my biggest problems for 4 are: (1) realistic driving. I don't fucking want realistic driving. Half of the fun of San Andreas/Vice City was the exquisitely fantastical driving. I love doing 100mph and then pulling a fishtail 180 out of my ass. (2) the setting. I mean...for some reason I wasn't a huge fan of Liberty City in 4. I loved it in GTA 3...but 4 seemed too bland. San Andreas allowed for much more variation, which I hope they touch in GTA 5.


xeno wrote:Driving did take a step back come to think of it! I could still drive around bone county listening to freebird on kdust. Such a good soundtrack from top to bottom. The story was bad in 4 btw. I couldn't finish it.


Fair enough. The driving was more realistic, which was a bit less fun. The setting, well, I guess that's just a preference thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the setting for SA, but I also loved the setting for 4. I like that they made it more like New York City in 4.

Either way, they're both great games. SA still is king, though. There's nothing like flying that military jet around shooting missiles at random cars, then going as high as you possibly can and parachuting out into Las Venturas to go bet $500,000 on a single roulette spin.

And yeah, the soundtrack for SA was the best. I don't think they'll ever beat that.

Anyway, looking forward to 5. I'm sure it will be good. Hopefully they go back to Vice City in the next one. It would be cool to revisit that setting with it being updated the way the other settings have been/ are being done.




CBlake wrote:Lol you guys are dumb, I open the box and beat the shit out of the story mode, then I play free roam (Which you do alone) with my friends, I can see how I am ruining the game :roll:

It's not that you personally are ruining the single-player game.

It's the fact that there are players out there that prefer and want multi-player aspects, which forces developers to devote time that could otherwise be spent making the single-player experience even better. It's a waste of developer time and money that could be much better used.

Take GTA:IV for example. Many people have a problem with some aspects of the single player game. Now imagine that there was no multi-player and all the time and money spent developing that was instead put into the single-player game. I would imagine that it would be twice as good as it is now. More features, more story, possibly more DLC, etc. Instead that manpower was put into the multi-player experience.

I guess I don't get the drive for multi-player. Since when was gaming all about multi-player? If you want to do stuff with friends, go do stuff with friends. If you want to play a video game, then sit in your room and play a video game. Why do those two activities have to be combined?

Personally I value my alone time spent playing video games. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, but often times I want to escape from other people. That's what video games are great for. Anyway...enough about that.


Its actually money well spent and their sales are much higher because the online community for this game is high. It would make no since to devote no time to multiplayer because their sales would plummet. Honestly how many games today don't have some kind of multiplayer? The answer is not many, that is what people want and the game developers have to adapt to that. This isn't 2004 anymore.

Fucking kids today and your multiplayer gaming.

That's the thing. Gta never had multiplayer before and it was perfectly fine so why now. I don't think it's a coincidence that the instance they put this aspect in i stopped liking the series.
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Gta 5

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Also, even though a lot of the GTAs have been "be a mercenary for other gangs", I loved SA's "be a motherfucking gang member". GROVE STREET 4 LYFE

I found the other gang members to be useless.
CJ was, and is, a one-man Grove Street.

Any homies you recruit die immediately or piss about for 30 minutes trying to get into your car which is parked in a narrow alleyway. And any of the missions in which Sweet was there to help you out, the main concern was looking after Sweet because he ran into shit and died without helping at all.

I'm having real trouble distinguishing from the past/present tense here.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Gta 5

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:58 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Also, even though a lot of the GTAs have been "be a mercenary for other gangs", I loved SA's "be a motherfucking gang member". GROVE STREET 4 LYFE

I found the other gang members to be useless.
CJ was, and is, a one-man Grove Street.

Any homies you recruit die immediately or piss about for 30 minutes trying to get into your car which is parked in a narrow alleyway. And any of the missions in which Sweet was there to help you out, the main concern was looking after Sweet because he ran into shit and died without helping at all.

I'm having real trouble distinguishing from the past/present tense here.

Yeah, but it was hella tight riding around with 3 of your homies doing drive-by's on those punk ass ballas. Too bad most of the 4-door cars sucked.

I think there was one low rider car that you could get 3 of them in. I liked to take the low-riders down to that mod shop in the ghetto and pimp it out, with all the hardware and then paint everything green, like it was the gang car. Then I'd get my homies and do drive-by's in that beast. Good times.
User avatar
Major tkr4lf
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Austin, TX
Medals: 64
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (14)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:23 pm

1. Get bus
2. Recruit 8 guys
3. Bus gang

Also if it doesn't have San Fierro or Venturas that'll suck a little. I like the diversity of the other cities.
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I dont remember 4 being that bad but it has been a while since ive played it. Basically working my way through SA now; just up to the woozy casino missions in Venturas. Plan on moving onto 4 and its xpacs once im done.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Lootifer wrote:I dont remember 4 being that bad but it has been a while since ive played it. Basically working my way through SA now; just up to the woozy casino missions in Venturas. Plan on moving onto 4 and its xpacs once im done.


which mission did you do last?
penis
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5562
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

The one where you jack the plane and parachute down to the dam. I havent read any spoilers or anything so no idea where I am at. Have tried to do all the optionals as well.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 pm
Location: Competing
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Gta 5

Postby xeno on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:01 pm

I had the guide book for sa I recommend picking one up at a thrift shop to go along with your gameplay
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login