Conquer Club

Opinion on racism.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think it's racist to suggest Muslims are violently opposed to homosexuality?

Total votes : 0

Re:

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 pm

2dimes wrote:In high school a guy was complaining about Chinese people and one of his friends asked, "What about Byron?" Who was a friend of them both. He answered, "He's not Chinese. He's Canadian like us."

So yeah I allow Player the point. Sometimes when we get caught up in some prejudice. We don't even realize how messed up and plain wrong it might be. Even if deep down we do.

I'll admit, I have an overall prejudice against Colordadan drivers, mostly due to experience. And that prejudice is that despite living along the Front Range (Rocky Mountains), they can't drive in cold weather at all. It's like the state became an extension of California and people freak out when they get into snow and ice. Like following 3 feet behind you, at night, with icy roads. That is not a good combination. :x
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby 2dimes on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 am

You spelled, "city folks" wrong.

You should be here for a snow storm. Highly entertaining to watch, if you're not out driving with them. The snow makes it slippery, get used to it people. It's the same as last time.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Opinion on racism.

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:14 pm

I thought it was Christians that were violently opposed?
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 am

Most of that thought stems from the confusion caused by Jesus' body being a physical descendant of Abraham. Also as the only person ever to be able to follow the laws given by Moses from God at that time, all the time every time.

As a person who has decided to follow him, part of giving my life to him means striving to be like him. Since instead of being him, I'm a filthy Gentile, carrying the burden of sin. I can easily find myself subject to jealous anger and other judgmental behavior.

One of the most fun ways to go about that sort of thing, is to think I can hangout with a God hates flags sign eating a ham sandwich. Sputtering angrily, "It's in the bible!" ignoring Galatians 5:3, as well as who and when any particular part of the Bible was written for, regardless of how obvious it should be.

I forget now. Were you, "what's his face."?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 am

Muslims are not an ethnic group, they're a religious group. Therefore it can't be racist.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re:

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 am

2dimes wrote:One of the most fun ways to go about that sort of thing, is to think I can hangout with a God hates flags sign eating a ham sandwich.

That's what pisses me off the most about God, I think. His utter contempt for the beauty and symbolism inherent in the heraldry and flourishes amongst our many banners, standards and ensigns. He really needs to get over that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 am

I hate that he made my wife a woman. Then after she snared me she changed a bunch of the rules and I had already fell for promising to forsake all others.

She thinks I was kidding about being a polygamist. I wish I would have started with a nice mormon chick. The current one could be the second wife.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

Gillipig wrote:Muslims are not an ethnic group, they're a religious group. Therefore it can't be racist.

Does that factor in to how you voted or are you just trying to talk with the grown ups?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 pm

2dimes wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Muslims are not an ethnic group, they're a religious group. Therefore it can't be racist.

Does that factor in to how you voted or are you just trying to talk with the grown ups?

Grown ups? I see no grown ups here. Where are you hiding these people?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Mosques?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

moslems dont hide in mosques, as christians dont hide in churches
they go there to pray

about homosexuals
its not about moslems again

you will find homosexuals in every country in this world,

the homos bashing is a different thing
just look at russia at the moment, or the comments of the pope - if u read news

by the way homosexuals could still be sentenced in Austria until the year 1985? something near that
still it didnt happen

for my part, i learned to live with homosexuals when i lived in england
there was more open homosexual lifestyle then i knew in austria
like gaybars, i didnt know we had something like this in austria
but in england we went there with friends, the only reason i went there
was because a not homosexual friend told me that there are plenty goodlooking girls there
and yes they where there - waiting to be picked up , by us , lol

finaly i realised, that they are nice people, and good i was 20 to realise that
so my message, live with it, homosexuality is approved in our societys, nothing to worry about
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

There was another thread with a video where a certain Muslim group was physically beating gay people and threatening them. Warning them to stay out of a particular area or else.

One poster said something similar to, "Muslims are violently opposed to gays."

Several posters then said that was "racist."
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:22 pm

2dimes wrote:There was another thread with a video where a certain Muslim group was physically beating gay people and threatening them. Warning them to stay out of a particular area or else.

When did Islam become a race?
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Re: Re:

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:58 am

Nobunaga wrote:
2dimes wrote:There was another thread with a video where a certain Muslim group was physically beating gay people and threatening them. Warning them to stay out of a particular area or else.

During a charity marathon?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:15 am

What we are going to find out soon is that homosexuality trumps freedom of religion. I am curious to see how it's going to play out when it comes to Islam though. Would anything happen at a mosque that performed a gay marriage?

For example: A Christian baker in Oregon is being sued for discrimination for refusing to cater a gay wedding citing his religious beliefs. I am keeping an eye on this one to see how it turns out. Where Islam comes in, a Muslim cab driver refusing to pick up a blind person with a seeing eye dog, based on religious beliefs, has been upheld.

I suspect that homosexuality will win out over Christianity almost every time, but Islam will win out over homosexuality all the time, because if it doesn't, there could be a serious culture clash.

We should all have noticed by now that Obama teases Christians and mocks the bible and "clingers", but goes out of his way to kiss Islam and be sure to talk about it positively. Is that out of respect? or fear? Look at Hillary too.

Major Phatscotty

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:What we are going to find out soon is that homosexuality trumps freedom of religion. I am curious to see how it's going to play out when it comes to Islam though. Would anything happen at a mosque that performed a gay marriage?

For example: A Christian baker in Oregon is being sued for discrimination for refusing to cater a gay wedding citing his religious beliefs. I am keeping an eye on this one to see how it turns out. Where Islam comes in, a Muslim cab driver refusing to pick up a blind person with a seeing eye dog, based on religious beliefs, has been upheld.

I suspect that homosexuality will win out over Christianity almost every time, but Islam will win out over homosexuality all the time, because if it doesn't, there could be a serious culture clash.

We should all have noticed by now that Obama teases Christians and mocks the bible and "clingers", but goes out of his way to kiss Islam and be sure to talk about it positively. Is that out of respect? or fear? Look at Hillary too.

from my knowledge, moslem dont wed in mosques,
i could be wrong, anybody knows better?
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:16 am

on the fist page I wrote:
The "Muslim is not a race." Thing has been pointed out and I agree but wanted to pose the question in an anonymous poll, so anyone who thought that it was could click yes. I am basically wondering how many people did or even better still do.

Corporal 2dimes

Re: Re:

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:17 am

Nobunaga wrote:

on the fist page I wrote:
The "Muslim is not a race." Thing has been pointed out and I agree but wanted to pose the question in an anonymous poll, so anyone who thought that it was could click yes. I am basically wondering how many people did or even better still do.

Corporal 2dimes

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 pm

If you already know and acknowledge that muslims are not a race, it also follows that it isn't racist to say they are against homosexuals. Since "racist" refers to your race, not your religion. So why are you even asking?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Shouldn't the title reveal why I'm asking?
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:36 pm

2dimes wrote:Shouldn't the title reveal why I'm asking?

Man, you are amazing at formulating questions!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Am I?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:What we are going to find out soon is that homosexuality trumps freedom of religion.

Really? How so, Phatscotty? Explain this.

Phatscotty wrote:For example: A Christian baker in Oregon is being sued for discrimination for refusing to cater a gay wedding citing his religious beliefs. I am keeping an eye on this one to see how it turns out.

As has been explained to you a number of different times, THIS IS NOT AT ALL a matter of freedom of religion, and it's plain misinformation that you continue to claim that it is. That baker's religion DOES NOT REQUIRE that he run a bakery. If the baker wants to run a bakery, they must follow the law. Period. You keep an eye on it though, because that way you can slather more bullshit around.

Phatscotty wrote:I suspect that homosexuality will win out over Christianity almost every time

Yeah, you fucking Christians are so damned persecuted. You make me fucking sick, you disgusting hypocrite.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 pm

That last part is unpleasant. I guess the Christians are bad and need to be told.

I personally think it's wrong to label yourself a Christian then refuse to make a wedding cake for people just because they are marrying someone of the same gender. However I think it is even worse to legaly require a baker to make it. The only reason for that is to make sure everyone else is afraid to refuse to make one.

Why shouldn't they have a right to be wrong and refuse to make a cake? Is there no where else on the planet to get a cake made? Has cake suddenly become an inalienable right?

Maybe there should be a special police force that orders cake for gay weddings ready to execute offenders on the spot for refusing. Eventually there will be no more of those kind of bakers.
Last edited by 2dimes on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,